or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Australian court overturns ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Apple to appeal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian court overturns ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Apple to appeal - Page 3

post #81 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

And, yet, you STILL haven't explained how the Samsung attorney was unable to tell them apart if they're nothing alike.

Never once did I post anything about the device being 'nothing alike', so please stop with the lies already, and as for the actions of the aforementioned attorney, I wasn't there, therefore I can't speak of said individual's level of product knowledge or degree of gadget ignorance, but when presented with ridiculous claims of 'exact' this and 'exactly the same' that by some rabid brand-fanatic on a gadget site, I sure disproved every, single false claim they made.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #82 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Sure as hell destroyed that argument.

huh? obvious troll is obvious
post #83 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

And, yet, you STILL haven't explained how the Samsung attorney was unable to tell them apart if they're nothing alike.

you can't reason with a troll. In spite of any and all evidence to the contrary, the troll will insist the Samesung tablet is an innovate device which in no way rips off the iPad.
post #84 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

you can't reason with a troll. In spite of any and all evidence to the contrary, the troll will insist the Samesung tablet is an innovate device which in no way rips off the iPad.

So... Essentially what you're saying is that you're not only a nescient, illiterate brand-fanatic, but also a sore loser.

Good to know...
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #85 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

And, yet, you STILL haven't explained how the Samsung attorney was unable to tell them apart if they're nothing alike.

Who said they are nothing alike?
post #86 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

huh? obvious troll is obvious

So he didn't destroy the argument presented by the poster who linked the false photo showing an immense paradigm shift in tablet design pre and post iPad?
post #87 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Who said they are nothing alike?

Possibly the little Siri voice in his head... LOL!
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #88 of 120
It is so stupid for people to say that even though the older tablets may have the same basic shape (rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel) but it is completely different because the iPad is thinner....

GUESS WHAT!!!! IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE to make the older ones thinner because of the computer and battery technology of the day. I am 100% certain that they made them as thin as the could just like Apple made the iPad as thin as battery and computer technology allowed. Do you really think people a few years ago were so stupid and to make a table thicker than it needed to be for styling reasons?????

I have not looked, but I sure as hell hope that Apple was not granted a design patent on "THIN"???????

Daharder proved beyond ANY reasonable doubt that Apple DID NOT invent rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel in a tablet design.... Common sense designed them that way and Apple should NEVER have been granted any type of design patten on the most obvious way to build a tablet that was confirmed several years BEFORE the iPad existed....!!!!!
post #89 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenadams View Post

LG had an iPAD out in 2001! Almost a decade before the Apple's iPAD. Obviously, the idea for these devices are not as "creative" as Apple would like us to think it is.


"The Digital iPAD, a Linux-based Web pad, was demonstrated for the first time by South Korean hardware manufacturer LG Electronics at the CeBIT computer fair in Hanover, Germany this week."

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-pad-at-CeBIT/

Wow!

Thanks for the link.

I think LG should sue Apple of copycatting. Remember Prada ? which Apple copied in Iphones?. See above link, Apple even copied a product name in Ipad as well.

Just Wow!!
post #90 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sranger View Post

It is so stupid for people to say that even though the older tablets may have the same basic shape (rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel) but it is completely different because the iPad is thinner....

GUESS WHAT!!!! IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE to make the older ones thinner because of the computer and battery technology of the day. I am 100% certain that they made them as thin as the could just like Apple made the iPad as thin as battery and computer technology allowed. Do you really think people a few years ago were so stupid and to make a table thicker than it needed to be for styling reasons?????

I have not looked, but I sure as hell hope that Apple was not granted a design patent on "THIN"???????

Daharder proved beyond ANY reasonable doubt that Apple DID NOT invent rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel in a tablet design.... Common sense designed them that way and Apple should NEVER have been granted any type of design patten on the most obvious way to build a tablet that was confirmed several years BEFORE the iPad existed....!!!!!

Exactly... and as much as I enjoy some of the information presented here on AI, the lack of reason, logic, and rationale on the part of some of its members is simply appalling, making any semblance of an intelligent discussion nearly impossible.

On numerous occasions I, and countless others, have thoroughly debunked the claims of those more brand-divisive in here, not because we don't appreciate Apple's efforts, but because as much as I truly enjoy my Apple devices, they are not the be all/end all of technology/design/innovation, nor is everything they do beyond reproach or scrutiny.

For many of us, Apple is merely a tech company... NOT a Cult.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #91 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Really?

The radius on the corners of my Galaxy Tab are much tighter than my iPad 2... So, You're Wrong

The bevel on the Galaxy Tab is considerably more rounded than my iPad 2... So, You're Wrong.

The casing of my Galaxy Tab is made completely of HQ plastics, not aluminum... So, Wrong Again!

So... Given the level of complete ignorance you've displayed in your post, it's likely that you don't even own both devices, and until you do, you'll just be another talking-point spewing fanatic with absolutely no idea what you're talking about.







Wow, this actually made sense. You brought in strong evidence, that oblitered the claims. Good job. Of course, I don't think anyone can see this as I think I'm blocked out of existence for some reason. Something is seriously wrong with this account.....
post #92 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

huh? obvious troll is obvious

How is presenting evidence make you a troll?
post #93 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

You pictures show it truely is a copy. Exactly same curved corners. Exactly same width bevel. Exactly same aluminum trim. Oh, the aspect ration is different. Clearly Samesung innovated there. Of course, their tablets before the iPad looked nothing remotely like this is beyond the point, right?

Oh, your car tyre is round as mine!!

Look! They are different. The Galaxy corners are more rounded. Not exact same witdth bezel. You have not seen Tablet Newspapers (1994) and Samsung Digital Photo Frame (2006)? I think Apple copied the Tablet Newspapers (1994) design and functionality into Ipad, and that Samsung borrowed their own Samsung Digital Photo Frame design into their Galaxy tab.

See the first page, someone posted a link
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-pad-at-CeBIT/

Digital iPAD in 2001.

And you think Apple is not a copycat?
post #94 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post

Try reading up on patent and trademark law before pontificating and making stuff up.

I wasn't making stuff up, one of the justices explicitly said he didn't think the original judgment was very "fair" to Samsung. Gee, if only he thought his job was to dispense justice instead of fairness.
post #95 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Never once did I post anything about the device being 'nothing alike', so please stop with the lies already, and as for the actions of the aforementioned attorney, I wasn't there, therefore I can't speak of said individual's level of product knowledge or degree of gadget ignorance, but when presented with ridiculous claims of 'exact' this and 'exactly the same' that by some rabid brand-fanatic on a gadget site, I sure disproved every, single false claim they made.

I never claimed that you said they were nothing alike. What you said was:
Quote:
Though my Galaxy Tab 10.1 is of a completely different aspect ratio, material composition, and screen resolution than either my iPad or iPad 2, the camera locations are completely different as are the operating systems on which the devices run, and the GT 10.1 doesn't feature a single [HOME] button anywhere on its front surface, in addition to being both thinner and lighter than either of my Apple tablets.

Anyone who could go into a store, see a Samsung Galaxy Tab in a box clearly marked SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB and Android Technology, and still thinks it's an Apple iPad is likely too daft to ever use a modern piece of technology anyway.

If that's true, then why is it that a lawyer who has spent months with the two tablets can't tell the difference?

Still waiting for an answer.....
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #96 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiomusic View Post

I'll just leave this here: Even Samsung can't tell the difference between it's tablet and ipad.

Not a great place to leave it at.

Sure the Galaxy Tab and the iPad look somewhat similar. They are in the same device class. If you hold them in a certain way to conceal the differences, don't turn the screen on make your subject stand 20ft away you could probably trick a lot of people.

That's a contrived scenario though, and completly unrelated to the way a person actually uses a tablet.
post #97 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvshow View Post

not that picture again ......... all that rugged tablet, seriously?
they still sell it anyway
http://www.panasonic.com/business/to...ughbook-h2.asp




and the Joojoo tablet





This is desperate stuff. It is amazing the impact that the iPad has had.
post #98 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

For many of us, Apple is merely a tech company... NOT a Cult.

If that is how you feel, then you are not allowed to say anything bad about Apple. Not here, anyways.
post #99 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Not a great place to leave it at.

Sure the Galaxy Tab and the iPad look somewhat similar. They are in the same device class. If you hold them in a certain way to conceal the differences, don't turn the screen on make your subject stand 20ft away you could probably trick a lot of people.

That's a contrived scenario though, and completly unrelated to the way a person actually uses a tablet.

I have to zoom in on TVs @ Best Buy to tell a difference
post #100 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

If that's true, then why is it that a lawyer who has spent months with the two tablets can't tell the difference?

Who the 'eff cares? Why do people keep bringing the lawyer up? Why do people, when they have all this evidence shoved in their face that the Galaxy Tab and iPad aren't the same, not just look with their own eyes instead of saying "oh the lawyer, the lawyer. What about the lawyer!!!!!"

Just forget about the lawyer. It's irrelevant. Look at what is in front of your face.
post #101 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I never claimed that you said they were nothing alike. What you said was:


If that's true, then why is it that a lawyer who has spent months with the two tablets can't tell the difference?

Still waiting for an answer.....

Who can answer that? DaHarder already explained fait bit. I LOL at the news, but if you go on, it is more insulting to him.

They are very different products. Based on what you can do with those, I think they are in different product category for different market. Ipad is for preschooler and elders, and Galaxy Tab is for everyone in between, IMO.

I myself purchased Ipad2 over Galaxy Tab. Beleive me my 3 year old dauther can tell the difference.
post #102 of 120
In my opinion only two tablets are worth anyone's money.

The iPad and the Asus Transformer.

I myself have an iPad because Android's tablet app selection is sadly lacking.
post #103 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Who the 'eff cares? Why do people keep bringing the lawyer up? Why do people, when they have all this evidence shoved in their face that the Galaxy Tab and iPad aren't the same, not just look with their own eyes instead of saying "oh the lawyer, the lawyer. What about the lawyer!!!!!"

Just forget about the lawyer. It's irrelevant. Look at what is in front of your face.

And it's clear to most neutral people that the Tab is a copy of the iPad. It's interesting, though, that DaHarder and the Android shills choose to use the later, revised version of the tab rather than the original one which had a silver back and which looked even more like the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Who can answer that? DaHarder already explained fait bit. I LOL at the news, but if you go on, it is more insulting to him.

DaHarder didn't explain anything. All he said was that they were different products as if the entire world was supposed to believe HIM rather than the courts and Samsung's attorneys.

The reason it's relevant is that Samsung's attorney clearly has a huge incentive to be able to differentiate them and was working with them for many months. If ANYONE could tell the difference, he should be able to.

And I have to laugh about the "he didn't have his glasses on" rationalization. That's one of the stupidest comments I've ever heard. If that were true, he'd have said "Your Honor, I need to put my glasses on since I can't see the broad side of a barn from 10 feet" and the judge would have allowed it. He never said that he couldn't see them - he simply said that he couldn't tell them apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

They are very different products. Based on what you can do with those, I think they are in different product category for different market. Ipad is for preschooler and elders, and Galaxy Tab is for everyone in between, IMO.

You managed to top your earlier stupid comments. It's funny how the Android shills can pretend that the iPad and Kindle Fire are in the same market when it suits them, but the iPad and the Tab are in different markets??? That's just insane.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #104 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sranger View Post

It is so stupid for people to say that even though the older tablets may have the same basic shape (rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel) but it is completely different because the iPad is thinner....

GUESS WHAT!!!! IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE to make the older ones thinner because of the computer and battery technology of the day. I am 100% certain that they made them as thin as the could just like Apple made the iPad as thin as battery and computer technology allowed. Do you really think people a few years ago were so stupid and to make a table thicker than it needed to be for styling reasons?????

I have not looked, but I sure as hell hope that Apple was not granted a design patent on "THIN"???????

Daharder proved beyond ANY reasonable doubt that Apple DID NOT invent rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel in a tablet design.... Common sense designed them that way and Apple should NEVER have been granted any type of design patten on the most obvious way to build a tablet that was confirmed several years BEFORE the iPad existed....!!!!!


Were people a few years ago to cram a bloated, insecure, unreliable, Windows OS with a stylus for input on a tablet? Why yes. The simple fact is, there was nothing remotely close to the design of the iPad before the iPad came out. Then all of a sudden, every tablet looks like an iPad. DaHarder proved nothing except he is a forum troll. His evidence is a three inch thick compaq which looks nothing like an iPad? LOL. You trolls need to give me some of what you are smoking.

Oh yeah, according to you, Compaq would have released something exactly like the iPad only if Apple had shown them it, or i mean, if "technology" allowed them. Right.
post #105 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

And it's clear to most neutral people that the Tab is a copy of the iPad. It's interesting, though, that DaHarder and the Android shills choose to use the later, revised version of the tab rather than the original one which had a silver back and which looked even more like the iPad.

Of course they did, they are fandroid trolls after all. Like i said, you can not reason with fandroids no matter how many facts you present.
post #106 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenadams View Post

LG had an iPAD out in 2001! Almost a decade before the Apple's iPAD. Obviously, the idea for these devices are not as "creative" as Apple would like us to think it is.


"The Digital iPAD, a Linux-based Web pad, was demonstrated for the first time by South Korean hardware manufacturer LG Electronics at the CeBIT computer fair in Hanover, Germany this week."

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-pad-at-CeBIT/

Great catch.

Now, look at that picture. The next time someone tells you that there's no way to make a tablet that doesn't look like Apple's iPad, show them that picture and tell them they're full of horse droppings.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Wow!

Thanks for the link.

I think LG should sue Apple of copycatting. Remember Prada ? which Apple copied in Iphones?. See above link, Apple even copied a product name in Ipad as well.

Just Wow!!

Great example of the intellectual dishonest of the Apple haters here. Look at that picture. Now, how can you claim that Apple was copying the LG iPAD at the same time that you claim that Samsung's Tab was NOT copying Apple's iPad? It's just not possible to make that claim unless you're a blatant liar or totally blind.

Oh, and Apple purchased the rights to use the iPad name. AFAIK, LG did not have the rights to the name in 2001.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #107 of 120
Nice way to twist that around jragosta. I think the point is no one is denying that companies are influenced by other companies. People are just pointing out the unconscionable hypocrisy of an Apple pretending to consumers that they are so original and creative when they are just as influenced by industry trends as any other company. Apple is just great at marketing.

I think an average person with no agenda, looking at a picture of the LG iPAD, would see that Apple probably took a lot from that product and other products like it. From the article:

Quote:
First unveiled in January, the iPAD is aimed at home users wanting Internet access and multimedia thrills without all the bells and whistles of a conventional PC.




-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Great catch.

Now, look at that picture. The next time someone tells you that there's no way to make a tablet that doesn't look like Apple's iPad, show them that picture and tell them they're full of horse droppings.




Great example of the intellectual dishonest of the Apple haters here. Look at that picture. Now, how can you claim that Apple was copying the LG iPAD at the same time that you claim that Samsung's Tab was NOT copying Apple's iPad? It's just not possible to make that claim unless you're a blatant liar or totally blind.

Oh, and Apple purchased the rights to use the iPad name. AFAIK, LG did not have the rights to the name in 2001.
post #108 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

And it's clear to most neutral people that the Tab is a copy of the iPad.

Neutral idiots maybe!

Show me a person that has used a Galaxy Tab and an iPad and still think they are the same thing and I'll show you a half-wit.

Samsung copied Apple's market strategy. There is no way Samsung would have entered the tablet market as aggressively as they did and when they did if it had not been for the iPad. That doesn't mean that the Galaxy Tab and the iPad are the same thing.

The only way a person could say a Galaxy Tab is a copy of the iPad is if they didn't understand what the word "copy" meant. When Samsung created the Galaxy Tab they made a device that is comparable to, and somewhat resembles, an iPad. They didn't "copy" it.

I would also say the Chevrolet Volt isn't a "copy" of the Toyota Prius. They are two very different cars.

It is fair to say a Chevrolet Volt is comparable to, and somewhat resembles, a Toyota Prius, but the Chevrolet Volt is most certainly not a "copy" of the Toyota Prius.

It's also fair to say GM "copied" Toyota's market strategy. Without the success of the Toyota Prius and the way it created a hybrid car market, it would be hard to imagine GM throwing as much at the Volt as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It's interesting, though, that DaHarder and the Android shills choose to use the later, revised version of the tab rather than the original one which had a silver back and which looked even more like the iPad.

Isn't that the Galaxy Tab 10.1? i.e. the tablet that this court case is actually about?
post #109 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Great catch.

Now, look at that picture. The next time someone tells you that there's no way to make a tablet that doesn't look like Apple's iPad, show them that picture and tell them they're full of horse droppings.

Great example of the intellectual dishonest of the Apple haters here. Look at that picture. Now, how can you claim that Apple was copying the LG iPAD at the same time that you claim that Samsung's Tab was NOT copying Apple's iPad? It's just not possible to make that claim unless you're a blatant liar or totally blind.

Oh, and Apple purchased the rights to use the iPad name. AFAIK, LG did not have the rights to the name in 2001.

Your persistence in trying to defend the indefensible (especially when presented with indisputable evidence) has quickly become pathetic.

You're obviously far too blinded by some 'Apple ideal' that simply does not exists to ever discuss these matters rationally or objectively, and the sooner you step outside of that RDF, the better all involved will be.

Me, I'll continue enjoying my many Apple devices, as well as those from hundreds of other manufaturers, with the knowledge that it is I who defines my posessions, not the other way around.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #110 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Neutral idiots maybe!

Show me a person that has used a Galaxy Tab and an iPad and still think they are the same thing and I'll show you a half-wit.

Isn't that the Galaxy Tab 10.1? i.e. the tablet that this court case is actually about?

Why Yes... Yes it certainly is, it's just that this jragosta character is so utterly ignorant regarding the GT 10.1 that he didn't even know that fact.

Every picture of my Galaxy Tab 10.1 I posted is the exact same model with which Apple appears to take issue, the only difference being that I custom painted the back of mine gloss black with a gold stripe, rather than leaving it the original dark gray, something I often do with my devices.

"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #111 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

.....here on AI, the lack of reason, logic, and rationale on the part of some of its members is simply appalling, making any semblance of an intelligent discussion nearly impossible.

So centering your posts was your way of having an intelligent discussion?
post #112 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You managed to top your earlier stupid comments. It's funny how the Android shills can pretend that the iPad and Kindle Fire are in the same market when it suits them, but the iPad and the Tab are in different markets??? That's just insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Great example of the intellectual dishonest of the Apple haters here. Look at that picture. Now, how can you claim that Apple was copying the LG iPAD at the same time that you claim that Samsung's Tab was NOT copying Apple's iPad? It's just not possible to make that claim unless you're a blatant liar or totally blind.

Oh, and Apple purchased the rights to use the iPad name. AFAIK, LG did not have the rights to the name in 2001.

What are you on me about? I would not insult you, unlike you, even if you are making stupidest comments of these times. I gave my opinion based on my expeirience with those products.

Look! I praise to everyone for the simplicity and user friendly side of IPad. I am also thinking to purchase another IPad2 for my wife's parents (my parents are too old to handle even this) before Christmas.

And my preschoolers were loving Ipad2 until a White Galaxy Note arrived. It is so easy. They could handle this for their requirement.

Isnt it great? I have been telling this to my friends.

To be honest however, it is not for everyone. It is not doing much for me and my wife. It is only being used for bed time reading on internet site. One time, my wife was so frustrated as it could not open Flash contents and said she wants to throw it over the window. Galaxy Tab? I hear from my friends, who have both, that Galaxy Tab can do so many things that Ipad 2 could only dream of. See?

They are both tablet computers, but they are quite different products. And I think Ipad 2 is for preschoolers and elders, and Galaxy Tab and any other tablets are for anyone in between.

Please do not insult me, I have nothing against you or anyone.
post #113 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

So centering your posts was your way of having an intelligent discussion?

Having absolutely nothing of merit to contribute to the conversation, you just post some silly, trollish nonsense from 2009... Get Over It!
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #114 of 120
Australian case was not about design but touch screen patents so why there is so much discussion on design

Anyways, I do not disagree that Samsung design was inspired by Ipad, though there were tablets similar to IPAD years ago too.
post #115 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Galaxy Tab? I hear from my friends, who have both, that Galaxy Tab can do so many things that Ipad 2 could only dream of.

Go back and ask your friends what are these things that the iPad 2 can only dream of. Then rush back here and enlighten us.

I, personally, am waiting with bated breath.
post #116 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Having absolutely nothing of merit to contribute to the conversation, you just post some silly, trollish nonsense from 2009... Get Over It!

I agree, it was certainly trollish nonsense from 2009. But at least you have stopped to doing it now. Bravo!
post #117 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Neutral idiots maybe!

Show me a person that has used a Galaxy Tab and an iPad and still think they are the same thing and I'll show you a half-wit.

So please explain why Samsung has to hire idiots for lawyers - since at least one of their lawyers can't tell the difference.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #118 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Go back and ask your friends what are these things that the iPad 2 can only dream of. Then rush back here and enlighten us.

I, personally, am waiting with bated breath.

I do not have Galaxy Tab myself but the users are saying;
- Personal Customisaion on home screens with Widgets and animated wallpapers.
- Excellent as multi media player higher resolution, stereo speakers, 16:10 ratio, Supports multi video formats.
- 16:10 ratio means you can view two pages when you read ebook.
- Better cameras.
- Wifi version has GPS.
- Better game and websurfing experience with or without Flash
- Samsung already provides useful applications within Galaxy Tab.
- Can do things fast and effectively on home screens.

Sorry, I was a bit trolling in the previous post. Ipad 2 has been awarded as the best tablet recently, so I may be wrong. But that was my opinion.
post #119 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So please explain why Samsung has to hire idiots for lawyers - since at least one of their lawyers can't tell the difference.

Wow, really? Really?

I can't believe you're still going on about the lawyer after I've already gone out of my way to tell you how completely irrelevant it is.

You seem to be struggling, so I'll try again.

When I say a person would have to be a half-wit if they thought the Galaxy Tab was a copy of the iPad I mean a person would have to be a half-wit if they thought the Galaxy Tab was a copy of the iPad.

I don't mean a person would have to be a half-wit if they thought the Galaxy Tab was a copy of the iPad regardless of any kind of arbitrary rule or barrier you decide put in place between the person and the devices.

If a third party held both devices at a distance then yes, some people that would otherwise be able to identify the Galaxy Tab from the iPad may struggle (as is the case with the Samsung lawyer "not at this distance your honor").

Likewise if you flashed them up for 1/1000 of a second, asked a blind person to identify them with their toes or dumped them both in a bucket to treacle then a person otherwise be able to identify the Galaxy Tab from the iPad may struggle.

As it stands all we know from the Samsung lawyer story is that at least one lawyer was able to identify the two devices from a distance and another lawyer wasn't.

You could probably hypothesize that it's a good sign the lawyer that was unable to tell the two devices apart needs to get his eyesight checked out, but we don't even have enough information to say that for sure.

The fact of the matter is the tiny sample size and total lack of a control means this anecdote is completely irrelevant when discussing similarities between the Galaxy Tab and the iPad (e.g. as silly as it sounds the judge could have held up the iPad with some donkey balls and the same lawyer may not have been able to tell the difference at that distance - we simply don't know).
post #120 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So please explain why Samsung has to hire idiots for lawyers - since at least one of their lawyers can't tell the difference.

The lawyer example really isn't relevant to the case. When I go to best buy, for example, I have to look for the logos to tell what brand of TV it is. I'm not sure what you're getting at...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Australian court overturns ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Apple to appeal
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Australian court overturns ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Apple to appeal