or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Settings shortcuts disabled by Apple in iOS 5.1 beta
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Settings shortcuts disabled by Apple in iOS 5.1 beta - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

Yes, logically, all Deets would be Meets. Although I do agree with your point. All people who steal apps do indeed jailbreak, but not all jailbreakers steal apps.

Yeah, I realized retroactively that I got that COMPLETELY wrong. I'm glad to see that my point was still made.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

1. It's a beta.
2. It's a beta.
3. "Ruined" is an inherently leading word.

That's right Skil, suck that Apple teet.
post #43 of 46
I know it's beta, but let me keep my options to make shortcuts if I want to. I should be able to make a shortcut to any damn setting on my phone. Period.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

1. It's a beta.
2. It's a beta.
3. "Ruined" is an inherently leading word.

That has to be the lamest attempt at a defence I've read from you yet. You actually feel the need to defend this? It's petulant, and the only reason they would have to remove it is to replace it with something better. They haven't as yet, so why remove it until they have?
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

That's right Skil, suck that Apple teet.

Teat. Mind explaining to me how that's either at all the case or why you think I'm wrong rather than insinuating nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga89 View Post

That has to be the lamest attempt at a defence I've read from you yet. You actually feel the need to defend this?

In what way am I 'defending' it? That's nonsense. I'm giving a potential reason for its happening.

Quote:
It's petulant, and the only reason they would have to remove it is to replace it with something better. They haven't as yet, so why remove it until they have?

The same reason they removed features without replacing them in iMovie '06, QuickTime 10.0, Final Cut Pro X the list goes on. You act as though this is some sort of shocking one-time occurrence or that this feature actually has any massive real-world worth or something.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

All settings need to be via the Settings function to keep a consistent User Experience.

Ever notice that you need to go to Settings to change, y'know, the settings? If you could change settings without leaving the App and going to Settings, it would not be as consistent. All settings need to be accessed through Settings.

That is the reason.

Yeah but have you noticed how difficult it is to access these shortcuts in the setting? In Settings, the only option with an on/off switch is Airplane Mode. For Wifi and Personal Hotspot, you've got to navigate down one level, and with Bluetooth you've got to navigate down another three levels. That's ridiculous and that's why we want these shortcuts. I mean if the iPhone's battery lasted 2-3 days, I wouldn't care, but seeing how I have to recharge it almost daily, I want the convenience of being able to turn off certain features on the fly that will drain my battery. With those shortcuts available, I didn't have any reason to JB my phone, but Apple is forcing me to do it yet again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Settings shortcuts disabled by Apple in iOS 5.1 beta