or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy

Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy - Page 8

post #281 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's not an argument. I'm asking WHAT you see that leads you to the conclusion you make.

I don't support Gingrich, though I don't think I'd describe him as a "Neocon." And why does being rich preclude one from pursuing policies that help the middle class? If anything, Romney's proposals are more directed at the middle class than his less "well off" opponents.

The moon base thing is the kind of erratic Gingrich comment I'm talking about, and it's one reason I don't support him over Romney. That said, I don't think it's "just for votes." He's been talking about stuff like that for a long time.

Back to the real topic: Why is Obama better than Romney?

How is it different? In fact, the Gingrich quote should be far less offensive. Spanish is OFTEN the language of the ghetto. "Typical white person" is highly subjective and shows true racial bias.

Quote:
Why is Obama better than Romney?

Because he's not a cheer leader for the rich. Romney represents everything that's not popular in this country right now. Rich and out of touch. Newt ( Mr. Neocon ) is an idiot that has so much baggage he's an easy target. Take your pick.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #282 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Because he's not a cheer leader for the rich.

Everyone should be a cheerleader for the rich to a certain extent. And really, that's your reason? Funny, I'm interested in who'd be the best President, not class warfare.

Quote:
Romney represents everything that's not popular in this country right now. Rich and out of touch.

I think many people are very sick of those who keep attacking the wealthy. By the way, jimmac, Obama made 1.73 million last year. Why is HE not out of touch? Come to think of it, at what point does someone make enough to be "out of touch?"

Quote:

Newt ( Mr. Neocon ) is an idiot that has so much baggage he's an easy target. Take your pick.

Newt is not an idiot...that is objectively false. He's a brilliant man, a historian, an accomplished author and an intellectual. The problem with Newt is he's undisciplined. He's prone to self-destructive behavior and being thin-skinned (which is what we'e seeing now).
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #283 of 328
Quote:

Newt is not an idiot...that is objectively false. He's a brilliant man, a historian, an accomplished author and an intellectual. The problem with Newt is he's undisciplined. He's prone to self-destructive behavior and being thin-skinned (which is what we'e seeing now).

SDW, I really don't think those traits should be attributed to Newt. They are just part of the media campaign against him.

Compare him to Biden that no one seems to have a problem with even though he is a "heartbeat" away from the Presidency. We saw last cycle that he was just about the most broke member of Congress. His son was indicted. The man is a gaffe machine that knows no boundaries. The man quit at least one presidential racial race due to plagiarism charges that were proven true.

None of this is a concern though. He is well qualified to be VP per our media. Meanwhile they keep whispering about Gingrich. It is stupid mean girl nonsense.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #284 of 328
Quote:

Everyone should be a cheerleader for the rich to a certain extent. And really, that's your reason? Funny, I'm interested in who'd be the best President, not class warfare.

I think many people are very sick of those who keep attacking the wealthy. By the way, jimmac, Obama made 1.73 million last year. Why is HE not out of touch? Come to think of it, at what point does someone make enough to be "out of touch?"

Yes of course SDW in your mind I'm sure you see it that way.
post #285 of 328
Quote:

Yes of course SDW in your mind I'm sure you see it that way.

I asked you a question, jimmac. I'd like an answer. How much money does it take for someone to be "out of touch?"
post #286 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

SDW, I really don't think those traits should be attributed to Newt. They are just part of the media campaign against him.

I think it's both, honestly. The media definitely does it's fair share. But he's clearly thin-skinned. He's been whining about "dishonest" and "negative" ads while conducting his own campaign much the same way.

Quote:

Compare him to Biden that no one seems to have a problem with even though he is a "heartbeat" away from the Presidency. We saw last cycle that he was just about the most broke member of Congress. His son was indicted. The man is a gaffe machine that knows no boundaries. The man quit at least one presidential racial race due to plagiarism charges that were proven true.

None of this is a concern though. He is well qualified to be VP per our media. Meanwhile they keep whispering about Gingrich. It is stupid mean girl nonsense.

Agreed on that. Biden really is an idiot. Did you see the story where he pretended to have an Indian accent while portraying what it's like to call customer service?
post #287 of 328
Quote:

I asked you a question, jimmac. I'd like an answer. How much money does it take for someone to be "out of touch?"

When they don't do their own shopping or their own budget. Whe a bad month will mean numbers on a balance sheet instead of not putting food on the table. Get it?
post #288 of 328
Quote:

When they don't do their own shopping or their own budget. Whe a bad month will mean numbers on a balance sheet instead of not putting food on the table. Get it?

Then by your definition:

--I'm out of touch

--You're out of touch

--Most of the middle class is out of touch

--Anyone but the poor and working poor are out of touch

--Barack Obama is out of touch.

So tell me, why is Mitt Romney out of touch while Obama is not?
post #289 of 328
Quote:

Waiting.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #290 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Waiting.

Also waiting. Since this morning. It will take him time to come up with some response that avoids answering the question.
post #291 of 328
Quote:

Also waiting. Since this morning. It will take him time to come up with some response that avoids answering the question.

Are you guys dumb? Obama wasn't born rich.

Be careful about the next thing you write in response, because Romney most definitely WAS born rich.

So one of them has experience in their lives with poverty. One has ZERO experience with personal poverty. That tells me that one of them might be more out of touch on this subject than the other.
post #292 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Except that this is the criteria offered for being out of touch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac

When they don't do their own shopping or their own budget. Whe a bad month will mean numbers on a balance sheet instead of not putting food on the table.

But this is all beside the point. It's a distraction. One the left will undoubtedly milk in any number of subtle and not-so-subtle ways through to the election. But a distraction nonetheless.

The ability to relate to me is the very least of my concerns for President of the United States. Here are what I consider the most relevant criteria:

- Adherence to and honoring of the U.S. Constitution
- Truly respecting the basic rights of life, liberty and property of everyone in word and deed (i.e., policy activities).

post #293 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Be careful about the next thing you write in response, because Romney most definitely WAS born rich.

So one of them has experience in their lives with poverty. One has ZERO experience with personal poverty. That tells me that one of them might be more out of touch on this subject than the other.

MJ says it better than I could....

Quote:

But this is all beside the point. It's a distraction. One the left will undoubtedly milk in any number of subtle and not-so-subtle ways through to the election. But a distraction nonetheless.

The ability to relate to me is the very least of my concerns for President of the United States. Here are what I consider the most relevant criteria:

- Truly respecting the basic rights of life, liberty and property of everyone in word and deed (i.e., policy activities).
post #294 of 328
Quote:

Then by your definition:

--I'm out of touch

--You're out of touch

--Most of the middle class is out of touch

--Anyone but the poor and working poor are out of touch

--Barack Obama is out of touch.

Obama knows he's different from the average person out there. I really don't think Romney does.

I don't know about you but I do my own grocery shopping and since a recent legal battle ( $8,000.00 ) I really have to watch my budget for awhile until I can get back to normal. This wouldn't phase an out of touch rich person. So you don't do your own shopping or budget? Do you ever have difficulty putting food on the table?
post #295 of 328
Quote:

Quote:
But this is all beside the point. It's a distraction.

That's a good one! Some would say it's what this upcoming election is all about.
post #296 of 328
Quote:

That's a good one! Some would say it's what this upcoming election is all about.

And I would say that those that say that are ignorant, misguided and shortsighted. Now they might be right in the sense that some people (like you perhaps) will make it about stupid shit like that rather than about important things.

I'll say it again...the relative wealth or the ability to relate to the "common people" is a red herring. It's a distraction.

post #297 of 328
Quote:

Obama knows he's different from the average person out there. I really don't think Romney does.

Let me get this straight: Romney, who is worth something like $250 million, doesn't know he's different from the middle class. But, Obama, who makes about 1/20th of Romney's income, DOES know he's different? That makes zero sense. It's nothing but your own interpretation based on partisanship.

Quote:

I don't know about you but I do my own grocery shopping and since a recent legal battle ( $8,000.00 ) I really have to watch my budget for awhile until I can get back to normal. This wouldn't phase an out of touch rich person. So you don't do your own shopping or budget? Do you ever have difficulty putting food on the table?

I don't have trouble putting food on the table, but even with a solid income between my wife and I, it's hard to save and keep from getting into CC debt. Sorry to hear of your legal issue, by the way. I myself had to repay my homebuyer credit for about the same amount. That hurt big time.

The larger point jimmac, is that $8,000 doesn't phase Obama either. If one's out of touch, so is the other.
post #298 of 328
Quote:

And I would say that those that say that are ignorant, misguided and shortsighted. Now they might be right in the sense that some people (like you perhaps) will make it about stupid shit like that rather than about important things.

I'll say it again...the relative wealth or the ability to relate to the "common people" is a red herring. It's a distraction.

Quote:
And I would say that those that say that are ignorant,

Why? Because you disagree with them?

Quote:
it about stupid shit like that rather than about important things.

Some would see those issues as important. Sorry.

Quote:
It's a distraction

Some would see your priorities as a distraction MJ.
post #299 of 328
Quote:

And I've seen enough Hitchcock films to know what a " Red Herring " is.
post #300 of 328
Quote:

Why? Because you disagree with them?

Nope.

Quote:

Some would see those issues as important. Sorry.

Some would see your priorities as a distraction MJ.

That looking for adherence to the constitution and respect for people's rights as key characteristics of a President (or Congressman) are a "distraction" probably explains the state and direction of the country.

post #301 of 328
Quote:

Nope.

That looking for adherence to the constitution and respect for people's rights as key characteristics of a President (or Congressman) are a "distraction" probably explains the state and direction of the country.

In your view.
post #302 of 328
Quote:

In your view.

Well, yes...and in the view of the writers of the oath of those offices.

But I get it. You have to be right on this and you'll go so far as to claim that honoring the constitution and people's rights is not the most important thing for the President in order to be "right."

Genius.

post #303 of 328
Quote:

Well, yes...and in the view of the writers of the oath of those offices.

But I get it. You have to be right on this and you'll go so far as to claim that honoring the constitution and people's rights is not the most important thing for the President in order to be "right."

Genius.

Quote:
and in the view of the writers of the oath of those offices.

Since they're dead ( and we can't ask them for their 18th century clarification on 21rst century matters ) that also is your opinion or interpretation.

It also doesn't have an effect on what most of the voters feel is the most important issue.
post #304 of 328
Quote:

Since they're dead ( and we can't ask them for their 18th century clarification on 21rst century matters ) that also is your opinion or interpretation.

It also doesn't have an effect on what most of the voters feel is the most important issue.

Are you for real?

post #305 of 328
Quote:

Are you for real?

Despite our strong disagreement on foreign policy and Ron Paul (RON PAUL!), this is the single most hilarious response to jimmac...EVER.
post #306 of 328
Quote:

Are you for real?

Of course I am. I may be inconvenient but I'm real enough. Sorry if I don't see it your way but it appears I'm not the only one. You and SDW are so cute when you argue.
post #307 of 328
Quote:

Of course I am. I may be inconvenient but I'm real enough. Sorry if I don't see it your way but it appears I'm not the only one. You and SDW are so cute when you argue.

We might argue and those arguments might get heated. The difference is that in the end, I do respect MJ. You, on the other hand, are claiming that we don't know the intent of the people that wrote the oaths to which MJ referred. You're just arguing to argue.
post #308 of 328
Quote:

We might argue and those arguments might get heated. The difference is that in the end, I do respect MJ. You, on the other hand, are claiming that we don't know the intent of the people that wrote the oaths to which MJ referred. You're just arguing to argue.

Good point. When the founders wrote "all men are created equal", they probably really meant all men who are citizens of certain countries are created equal and that the rest of the world is subject to them.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #309 of 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Good point. When the founders wrote "all men are created equal", they probably really meant all men who are citizens of certain countries are created equal and that the rest of the world is subject to them.

Yeah, because that's what I meant by "all nations are not created equal." Feeling snarky, today?
post #310 of 328
Quote:

I respect him as well. You forget I used to be a Libertarian. He's mearly misguided. Also I was trying to point out those oaths were written over 200 years ago and those people couldn't have possibly anticipated what changes have occured. You know that already but you thought you'd just be smart about it. You on the other hand are just full of it all the time. I noticed MJ mentioned the no WMD in Iraq as I always do as it's the most blatant example of you ignoring the obvious.

And no SDW I'm arguing for something I believe is important.
post #311 of 328
Quote:

You forget I used to be a Libertarian.

Being a registered Libertarian does not necessarily mean you are a libertarian (lower case "L").

post #312 of 328
Quote:

Being a registered Libertarian does not necessarily mean you are a libertarian (lower case "L").

He keeps mentioning that like it actually means something. :roll eyes:

At best it means nothing. At worst it means he used to believe in liberty but no longer does.

post #313 of 328
Quote:

Oh please! I went the many meetings back in the 70's. Was actively involved in the Roger Macbride campaign.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_MacBride

This was probably all before you were born. Make that definite. I just checked your age.
I learned quite a bit about it. Both my parents were Libertarians. If you had known my father when he got into something you'd better be prepared to be immersed in it as well.

I just don't agree with their ideology. It wouldn't work. End of story.
post #314 of 328
Let me clarify. Being a registered Libertarian, voting for Libertarian candidates, attending Libertarian meetings, etc. does not necessarily mean you are a libertarian (lower case "L").

post #315 of 328
Quote:

Let me clarify. Being a registered Libertarian, voting for Libertarian candidates, attending Libertarian meetings, etc. does not necessarily mean you are a libertarian (lower case "L").

Well you'd be right about that today. I'm not anymore. I've seen the error of my ways.
post #316 of 328
Quote:

He keeps mentioning that like it actually means something. :roll eyes:

At best it means nothing. At worst it means he used to believe in liberty but no longer does.

I believe in liberty. Just not your brand.
post #317 of 328
I'm guessing your ways were erroneous to begin with and you finally found a place where they fit.

post #318 of 328
Quote:

I'm guessing your ways were erroneous to begin with and you finally found a place where they fit.

If that notion makes you more comfortable so be it.
post #319 of 328
Quote:

I believe in liberty. Just not your brand.

You mean, actual liberty, for everyone?

post #320 of 328
Quote:

You mean, actual liberty, for everyone?

Yup! Not just Liberty for those people who go along with the plan and " Oh well. Too bad " for those who got screwed by those who don't.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy