or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › New York state investigating Apple's low-cost Grand Central lease

New York state investigating Apple's low-cost Grand Central lease - Page 3

post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

What does the comptroller think is suspicious about the deal?

He is pissed because he didn't get a back hander from Apple.
post #82 of 85
I think these people don't have a clue the potential legit revenue Apple Store brings to the area and not just Apple itself.
post #83 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

"Nobody replied" perhaps because the asking price was too high. Then you find that Apple is paying way below the market price for the prime spot. Given Apple's political connection with the Clinton's and other DNC members, it wouldn't be too surprising if it turns out there are some skeleton's in the MTA closet (if there was a favoritism going on).

Having worked with former CIOs and other high ranking members of the MTA, I have little or zero confidence or their mismanagement of the system.

You're making some fairly serious allegations. Where is your evidence of criminal activity?

If you don't have any, please stop with the stupid, unfounded innuendos.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #84 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

[T]he New York Post is a rag most New Yorkers wouldn't wipe their butts with. The fact that it is the source of the details about the lease AND this investigation makes me question the factualness of either.

The Post's circulation in metro New York is about half a million a day. I believe it slightly trails the Daily News, but it far outsells the Times in the city. In my time there, I found the Post's tone to be shrill and its story selection to lean to the sensational, but the actual content of its reporting was relatively solid. They're not going to tell you much about the elections in Egypt and Congo, but they will tell you a fair amount about NYC-based news -- like unusual or noteworthy lease deals at MTA facilities.
post #85 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

It's not just about Apple swag. It's about increased sales at all the stores in the GCT

Same thing. It may have a local effect, but I doubt it would change the amount of sales tax the state will collect. It is likely a zero sum game.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › New York state investigating Apple's low-cost Grand Central lease