or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Unsold PlayBook inventory costs RIM $485 million

Unsold PlayBook inventory costs RIM $485 million - Page 3

post #81 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstep View Post

Obviously - Siri wouldn't tell you where to get an abortion.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

Blackberry playbook supports flash, and tells you where to get abortions! iPad killer.
post #82 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

Isn't it just AT&T in this case? And I wonder how much money tehy are losing. Of course, they gots me in a two year contract.

I don't know how many carriers have the 3GS for free, but it's really irrelevant. Conehead Joe said that Apple gives them away for free - which is totally false.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #83 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I don't know how many carriers have the 3GS for free, but it's really irrelevant. Conehead Joe said that Apple gives them away for free - which is totally false.

I was more or less mentioning AT&T giving it away for free. Did Apple influence them to, or was this an exec at AT&T's decsiion?
post #84 of 86
RIM just needs to reduce the price for the neckbeards and they'll all run out to buy the PlayBook. They'll swear it's the finest kit money can buy and how much better it is than the iPad. Even for $200 it's just a useless paperweight with just a handful of apps to run on it. I heard it gets about a four-hour battery life. Just pathetic.
post #85 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I'm a Android user but not a fandroid and do not get into childish arguments of iOS vs Android but I will say this Android tablets are at best a joke. They were rushed out too quick because of the iPad. I will get a Galaxy Nexus but I will also get an iPad as my tablet.

I now have 3 tablet types at my disposal and I can't categorically say which OS is better. I like Android for Media as it plays everything I throw at it and how well I can stream that media from my cloud services, iPad for those awesome music creation apps and games for the kids and my new Asus Vivo W8 for working and surfing. However if I had to choose one now I think I would go with the Asus Vivo, it really is a great tablet with a superb tablet experience. It just needs more apps.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #86 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

RIM just needs to reduce the price for the neckbeards and they'll all run out to buy the PlayBook. They'll swear it's the finest kit money can buy and how much better it is than the iPad. Even for $200 it's just a useless paperweight with just a handful of apps to run on it. I heard it gets about a four-hour battery life. Just pathetic.

No, you get about 6 hours out of it and that's with playing movies. I had one for about a week before returning it but this was before the 2.0 update. I'm not sure if it has gotten any better nor do I think I want to find out. Even if someone gave me one I probably still wouldn't use it.

Edited by Relic - 1/23/13 at 5:11pm
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Unsold PlayBook inventory costs RIM $485 million