or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Amazon Kindle Fire takes #2 tablet spot after shipping 3.9 million units
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amazon Kindle Fire takes #2 tablet spot after shipping 3.9 million units - Page 2

post #41 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

What....?

You obviously never even used/touched, or likely seen a Kindle Fire, because it does, in fact, have a multitouch display... one that works very well indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8qJlQ0rbms

I've never used one and never touched one. I have never claimed that I did. I've read enough about it and seen it in action on video.

As for the multitouch, two touch does not equal multi touch.

I had read that the Kindle Fire only features two touch display, and if that is incorrect, then I am more than happy to be corrected on that point. And if it is true that it is only two touch, then it is deceptive to call it multi touch, IMO.
post #42 of 141
Quote:
Amazon plans to use the Kindle Fire to drive sales of physical goods that comprise the majority of the company’s business.

Wow, looks like somebody other than Google finally figured out how to make real money off Android

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #43 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I've never used one and never touched one. I have never claimed that I did. I've read enough about it and seen it in action on video.

As for the multitouch, two touch does not equal multi touch.

I had read that the Kindle Fire only features two touch display, and if that is incorrect, then I am more than happy to be corrected on that point. And if it is true that it is only two touch, then it is deceptive to call it multi touch, IMO.

But two is more than one!
post #44 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I'd rather have a kindle and $200-$300 cash in my pocket over any other crappy android tablet. Good for them.

Too bad, Kindle is an Android tablet.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #45 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Wow, looks like somebody other than Google finally figured out how to make real money off Android

Like the Touch Pad, customers aren't interested unless it's next to free. Can you blame them?
post #46 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post




Anyway... Nice to see such a high quality, high value device as the Kindle Fire doing so well.

What do you do in real life to afford so many gadgets my friend?

I am jealous.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #47 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Like the Touch Pad, customers aren't interested unless it's next to free. Can you blame them?

5 hptablets for the price of 1 iPad is a win for me. I can look all rich to people that don't know the difference from an iPad. I'll just put an Apple sticker on the back of each.*dons sun glasses*
post #48 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

What do you do in real life to afford so many gadgets my friend?

I am jealous.

Where have you been? He has told us at least a thousand times.
post #49 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

5 hptablets for the price of 1 iphone is a win for me. I can look all rich to people that don't know the difference from an iPad. I'll just put an Apple sticker on the back of each.*dons sun glasses*

Hahaha.....
post #50 of 141
From the Verge, who actually used and touched that tablet.

Fruit Ninja

Works well on the large screen. One downside I've noticed is that the Kindle Fire is dual touch only, so attempting to use three or four fingers for maximum fruit slicing is doomed to fail.


http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/28/2...oot-experience


Sorry, but dual touch is not multitouch. The iPad is multitouch and Amazon calling their mini tablet multitouch is deceptive advertising, as ignorant people will be fooled and thinking that they're actually getting multitouch like the iPad, when in fact, it is a pathetic dual touch.
post #51 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

What....?

You obviously never even used/touched, or likely seen a Kindle Fire, because it does, in fact, have a multitouch display... one that works very well indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8qJlQ0rbms

Most posters likely don't even own an iPad. Drives me crazy sometimes how apple is the best (which they are), and all others suck- and I mean suck bad.

I actually feel a little like DaHarder- I own an iPad 2 I got off Craigslist used for a great price (32gb 1.5 months old wifi only for $440)- and I still feel some regret. I use my iMac for almost everything because I do so much heavier work, and here I am on my couch typing on my iPhone instead of using my iPad. Mainly because I hate typing on the thing. Movie watching I love it for- and traveling its second to none. But a kindle fire might be just as good for my application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

LOL... Not really, and whether you've "never had that issue with any glass-based display on any Apple product" lies in direct contrast to the FACT that the pic I posted is of my iPad2 exhibiting 'LCD Pooling' without pressing to an abusive level.



Anyway... Nice to see such a high quality, high value device as the Kindle Fire doing so well.

My iPad 2 pools when I push on it moderately too. No question.
My phone doesn't regardless of how hard I push. The bigger the screen, the more the flex... Simple physics. (the MBP glass is much thicker btw- so it doesn't count).

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #52 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Most posters likely don't even own an iPad. Drives me crazy sometimes how apple is the best (which they are), and all others suck- and I mean suck bad.

I was right, he was wrong.

I'm surprised that somebody who actually owns a Kindle Fire never even noticed that it wasn't true multitouch. I guess that's the kind of consumer that buys the Kindle Fire.
post #53 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I've never used one and never touched one.

Anyone else crack up when they read this? Lol....

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #54 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipadan View Post

Misleading title. Amazon hasn't taken anything yet, as the numbers are EXPECTED as in MAYBE they will happen, maybe not.

And don't get me started on the shipped versus sold numbers.....

End rant

Amazon, like Apple, sells directly to the consumer and operates an incredible lean operation. Therefore, shipped = sold for all intents and purposes.

The confusion only applies with a company like Samsung who is an OEM; they don't sell to the end user, rather they "sell" to their channels, i.e. retailers. Therefore, preliminary shipped numbers don't necessarily correlate with true sell-through. Over time, as a product matures, the shipped and sold numbers start to equalize.
post #55 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Anyone else crack up when they read this? Lol....

And it turns out that I knew more about it than somebody else who bought one and used it.

So your point was?
post #56 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I was right, he was wrong.

I'm surprised that somebody who actually owns a Kindle Fire never even noticed that it wasn't true multitouch. I guess that's the kind of consumer that buys the Kindle Fire.

He was right about one thing- you've never seen, touched, or used a kindle fire.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #57 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

He was right about one thing- you've never seen, touched, or used a kindle fire.

No kidding. I avoid Android tablets like the plague. You couldn't pay me to touch one.

I was right about one thing too, it's not multitouch, and that is the main issue here.
post #58 of 141
Congrats to Amazon on doing well with this low end device. However, just wait until Matell come out with their new Etch A Sketch, you ain't seen nothing yet!
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #59 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I was right, he was wrong.

I'm surprised that somebody who actually owns a Kindle Fire never even noticed that it wasn't true multitouch. I guess that's the kind of consumer that buys the Kindle Fire.

I'm sure someone wanting to correct you would say that multi- can be defined simply as more than one, as opposed to many, but with this technology type and this being a forum for talking about electronics using a layman's definition of multi-touch panels isn't going to cut it.

Of course Amazon will say it's multi-touch because it sounds better and it's standard marketing practice to push acceptable envelopes in truthiness, but that doesn't carry over to the dual-core processor. Just imagine what would happen if Apple started calling their dual-core systems multi-core. I bet DaHarder and Galbi would be the first to throw a digital temper tantrum.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #60 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm sure someone wanting to correct you would say that multi- can be defined simply as more than one, as opposed to many, but with this technology type and this being a forum for talking about electronics using a layman's definition of multi-touch panels isn't going to cut it.

Of course Amazon will say it's multi-touch because it sounds better and it's standard marketing practice to push acceptable envelopes in truthiness, but that doesn't carry over to the dual-core processor. Just imagine what would happen if Apple started calling their dual-core systems multi-core. I bet DaHarder and Galbi would be the first to throw a digital temper tantrum.

Good point. If dual core processors were advertised as multi-core, it would be funny to see the reactions.
post #61 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

He was right about one thing- you've never seen, touched, or used a kindle fire.

I've never seen, sparred with, or been punched by Mike Tyson. Yet I'm able to ascertain that if he punched me, I'd need a colostomy bag and a sippy cup.

Seriously though, that's why we have trusted tech reviewers - So that we don't have to buy all 159879234 gadgets that were released this year to learn which ones are crap and which ones aren't.
post #62 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Good point. If dual core processors were advertised as multi-core, it would be funny to see the reactions.

No doubt. As they'd throw tantrums, you and other apple-only fanatics (to the point that you wont even 'literally' touch another brand) would defend it.

Please apple- do it so I can watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

I've never seen, sparred with, or been punched by Mike Tyson. Yet I'm able to ascertain that if he punched me, I'd need a colostomy bag and a sippy cup.

Seriously though, that's why we have trusted tech reviewers - So that we don't have to buy all 159879234 gadgets that were released this year to learn which ones are crap and which ones aren't.

You could take Tyson now... . Good analogy though.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #63 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Good point. If dual core processors were advertised as multi-core, it would be funny to see the reactions.

I think it ultimately comes down to how w define technology. When possible components tend to use the more exacting term. I can't think of any other computer component that has been called multi wen it could be better described as dual.

That said, I am not sure it's a limitation of the HW, but possibly a limitation of drivers or he OS they have forked. Could adding 3 or more touch inputs have reduced the poor battery life even further or made the system less responsive than it is?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #64 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I was right, he was wrong.

I'm surprised that somebody who actually owns a Kindle Fire never even noticed that it wasn't true multitouch. I guess that's the kind of consumer that buys the Kindle Fire.

No, actually you weren't, and saying to over and over won't make it so.

The Kindle Fire does feature a muliti-touch display surface, as ANY device display that reacts to more than a single touch is, in fact, multi-touch by definition.



See that little sentence under the words Kindle Fire on the top right of the pic?

It clearly reads: "Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display"
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #65 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

No doubt. As they'd throw tantrums, you and other apple-only fanatics (to the point that you wont even 'literally' touch another brand) would defend it.

Please apple- do it so I can watch!



You could take Tyson now... . Good analogy though.

I couldn't take Ali...
post #66 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

I couldn't take Ali...

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #67 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

No, actually you weren't, and saying to over and over won't make it so.

The Kindle Fire does feature a muliti-touch display surface, as ANY device display that reacts to more than a single touch is, in fact, multi-touch by definition.



See that little sentence under the words Kindle Fire on the top right of the pic?

It clearly reads: "Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display"

I don't care what Amazon calls it. Dual Touch does not equal multi touch in my book. I find that to be most deceptive.
post #68 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

No, actually you weren't, and saying to over and over won't make it so.

The Kindle Fire does feature a muliti-touch display surface, as ANY device display that reacts to more than a single touch is, in fact, multi-touch by definition.

See that little sentence under the words Kindle Fire on the top right of the pic?

It clearly reads: "Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display"

So if it's so natural and normal to refer to dual-capacity electronics as multi-capacity then why don't they say they have a multi-core CPU?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #69 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

No, actually you weren't, and saying to over and over won't make it so.

The Kindle Fire does feature a muliti-touch display surface, as ANY device display that reacts to more than a single touch is, in fact, multi-touch by definition.



See that little sentence under the words Kindle Fire on the top right of the pic?

It clearly reads: "Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-touch

It's Wikipedia- it mentions 2 or more points = multitouch. But this guy cant be wrong- he's the smartest person ever. Just ask him.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #70 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

So if it's so natural and normal to refer to dual-capacity electronics as multi-capacity then why don't they say they have a multi-core CPU?

If you get shot twice, medics will say multiple gunshot wounds.

Almost everything is marketing. "dual" sounds better in some cases "multi" in others. Who cares?

Let's not try to hyper analyze this. It's multitouch. Period.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #71 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-touch

It's Wikipedia- it mentions 2 or more points = multitouch. But this guy cant be wrong- he's the smartest person ever. Just ask him.

Wikipedia does not hold the truth to every subject.

It's pretty funny that the picture shown in your wikipedia link cannot actually be accomplished on a Kindle Fire.

post #72 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

If you get shot twice, medics will say multiple gunshot wounds.

Let's not try to hyper analyze this. It's multitouch. Period.

Gunshots are now electronics?¡ So my iPhone is multi-core CPU with multi-channel RAM. Awesome¡

If Apple said that about anything dual- you and your ilk would be all over it but Amazon refers to dual-capacity electronics as multi and it's not only perfectly acceptable it's also the most technically correct and natural way to refer to electronics despite your inability to supply any relevant examples.

The bottom line is Amazon doesn't want to be ill-compared to the competition so they are stretching the truth so they are linguistically correct but not technically the most accurate. Kudos to them for getting you to fall for it.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #73 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Wikipedia does not hold the truth to every subject.

It's pretty funny that the picture shown in your wikipedia link cannot actually be accomplished on a Kindle Fire.


Go ahead- put your fingers in your ears and say "la la la". Thatll make the bad guys disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Gunshots are now electronics?¡ So my iPhone is multi-core CPU with multi-channel RAM. Awesome¡

If Apple said that about anything dual- you and your ilk would be all over it but Amazon refers to dual-capacity electronics as multi and it's not only perfectly acceptable it's also the most technically correct and natural way to refer to electronics despite your inability to supply any relevant examples.

The bottom line is Amazon doesn't want to be ill-compared to the competition so they are stretching the truth so they are linguistically correct but not technically the most accurate. Kudos to them for getting you to fall for it.

Some people say dual some people say multiple. Multiple hard drives- easily could be two. "I use multiple screens". Maybe he's talking about two screens. Do I have to use technology to make a point about a word?

Me and my ilk? I wouldn't care. I don't get caught up in marketing. It's ridiculous that people make a fuss one way or the other. I know we're on a computer/technology forum... But man- arguing about this is even too nerdy for here! Marketing. It's by definition multi touch. By your and Apple ]['s definition its Dual touch. Seriously- you couldn't pick a different guy to side with... Yikes.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #74 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Wow, looks like somebody other than Google finally figured out how to make real money off Android

>Investors are concerned about Amazon's profit margins as it sells millions of Kindle tablets and e-readers at a loss, says Colin Sebastian, an analyst with Robert W. Baird & Co. Amazon hopes to make back its investment in follow-on sales of digital media, such as e-books, music and video.
But Wall Street sees Q4 profit falling 78% vs. a year earlier after a disappointing 73% dive in Q3.
post #75 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-touch

It's Wikipedia- it mentions 2 or more points = multitouch. But this guy cant be wrong- he's the smartest person ever. Just ask him.

If that's what it takes to make you feel better... So Be It.

Anyway... In this case, the evidence presented is quite clear: the Kindle Fire's display is multi-touch, and any attempts to twist the definition of the technology to fit one's own brand-biased agenda are moot.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #76 of 141
Is it wrong of me to think we're debating "multitouch" because 3.9 million is actually an impressive number?

I had a couple of good jokes lined up but you guys are killing my enthusiasm.
post #77 of 141
iPad = 11 point Multitouch
Fire = 2 point dual touch

Yet, Amazon calls theirs for Multitouch.

Yep, they're the same thing. There's no reason at all for anybody to be pointing out the vast difference between the two.
post #78 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It's pretty funny that the picture shown in your wikipedia link cannot actually be accomplished on a Kindle Fire.


Touché.
post #79 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

iPad = 11 point Multitouch
Fire = 2 point dual touch

Yet, Amazon calls theirs for Multitouch.

Yep, they're the same thing. There's no reason at all for anybody to be pointing out the vast difference between the two.

It's like when they argue that Samsung's PenTile displays should be count their sub-pixels by line pairs and not the more technically and visually accurate counting of red, blue and green sub-pixels groupings. You end with carriers telling people that such and such phone has about as much or even more pixels than the iPhone yet the customer discovers that the iPhone looks worlds better. Luckily for the throng of unsuspecting buyers being had by duplicitous marketing techniques PenTile won't likely be the most commonly used AMOLED display type comes next year, at least not by high-end Android-based devices.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #80 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

If that's what it takes to make you feel better... So Be It.

Anyway... In this case, the evidence presented is quite clear: the Kindle Fire's display is multi-touch, and any attempts to twist the definition of the technology to fit one's own brand-biased agenda are moot.

I was agreeing with you dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

iPad = 11 point Multitouch
Fire = 2 point dual touch

Yet, Amazon calls theirs for Multitouch.

Yep, they're the same thing. There's no reason at all for anybody to be pointing out the vast difference between the two.

Again- refer to post #73- put your head in the sand like an ostrich. Because YOU don't think it should be called multi-touch doesn't mean it isn't called multi-touch.

Here's some more education for you:
A V8 that has 300hp and a V8 that has 500hp are both V8s. You want to compare them, fine. But don't give the 300hp V8 a different name because it isn't as complex or advanced as the other.


I swear- people on this forum just post whatever response they are thinking and don't actually read what they are responding too. It's like being in an argument and thinking about what you are going to say to the person you're arguing with instead of actually listening to them and processing what they say and then speaking.
I hope y'all aren't like this in real life- because if you are, you're either socially retarded or giant a-holes. You pick.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Amazon Kindle Fire takes #2 tablet spot after shipping 3.9 million units
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Amazon Kindle Fire takes #2 tablet spot after shipping 3.9 million units