or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Judge denies Apple request to stop Galaxy sales in U.S.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Judge denies Apple request to stop Galaxy sales in U.S. - Page 6

post #201 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Those people always bitch about Apple even though other companies are worse. It's not FAIR!

A couple of sarcastic posts might be funny. Constantly doing it... just reverse trolling.

Who will get banned first. Absolute, Conrad or Gator? (alphabetical order)

I know who my money is on!
post #202 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

At least learn to put a little thought into your trolling.

But then they wouldn't BE trolling!

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #203 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

A couple of sarcastic posts might be funny. Constantly doing it... just reverse trolling.

Who will get banned first. Absolute, Conrad or Gator? (alphabetical order)

I know who my money is on!

I'd include anyone who keeps posting their entire photo album of their tablets.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #204 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Who will get banned first. Absolute, Conrad, DaHarder, or Gator? (alphabetical order)

There...
post #205 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

So now the claim is that LG owns the rights to a two tone color scheme despite the devices neither looking alike nor mimicking the iPhone in any other way. You let us know when LG files a lawsuit against Apple's for the iPhone 4/4S; though even you could get your GED, get a college degree, get law degree, and pass the bar making you a bona fide patent attorney so you can finally have an idea of what is being discussed when the adults talk before LG will make such a foolish attempt to claim that a two-tone scheme is theres.

It's really amazing you think these look the same. At least learn to put a little thought into your trolling.


How clever to take his point, make it into something it wasn't, and then argue against it. His point: the iPhone 4 looks at least as much like the LG Prada as the Samsung GSII looks like the iPhone 4. Nothing about the iPhone 3G(S) comes into the equation. The iPhone 4 and Prada look almost identical. Here's how: a rectangular form factor with a completely flat front and back, an edge-to-edge front surface covering a touchscreen, a black bezel that is thicker and equal on the top and bottom and thinner and equal on the sides, a metal band encircling the device, and a small speaker on the bottom of device located at the midpoint of the metal band. In fact the only ways that the devices aren't identical design-wise (this excludes dimensionality in case you wanted to tell me that the iPhone is thinner) is style of the buttons on the front and the placement of the charging port.
post #206 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Clearly the original iPhone does not infringe on the Prada.

Apple waited until the i4 before it copied the Prada. These FanTards are out of their freaking minds.

With the iPad, they didn't even wait for the 4th iteration, just copied the front view appearance of Samsung's photo frame from the start and added a button.

Of course my statement would be fallacious if one accepted that a rectangle with rounded corners, a flat reflective glass front surface and a black border was a very obvious design with nothing remarkably unique to recommend it.
post #207 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

The iPhone 4 was demoed in 2007? really?

yeah. In this era of Fox News, facts sure are strange, aren't they?
post #208 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

Uh, 360° is still the same view, genius.

But, i think you were trying to say looking at the back side of the phones? In which case, you need some new glasses. Here is the back side of the lg prada and iphone 1st gen. 4th gen looks nothing like it either. Thanks for playing.


Wrong two phones, DAMN you're dumb. Thats like me doing this





Is this what Apple's suing for?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #209 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

fandroids keep showing this eventhough the working iPhone was shown before this. Get your facts straight before posting lies.

working iPhone demoed: Jan 7, 2007
official press release photoshopped LG Prada images shown: Jan 18 2007

Really? A working version of the iPhone 4(S) was shown back in 2007? Show me where
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #210 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

So now the claim is that LG owns the rights to a two tone color scheme despite the devices neither looking alike nor mimicking the iPhone in any other way. You let us know when LG files a lawsuit against Apple's for the iPhone 4/4S; though even you could get your GED, get a college degree, get law degree, and pass the bar making you a bona fide patent attorney so you can finally have an idea of what is being discussed when the adults talk before LG will make such a foolish attempt to claim that a two-tone scheme is theres.

It's really amazing you think these look the same. At least learn to put a little thought into your trolling.


The claim is neither that LG owns the rights to a certain scheme nor that they should sue Apple. Simply that the iPhone 4(S) very much resembles the LG Prada, is that really so hard to admit? I'm talking simply in looks, not how differently they functioned. Is it totally out of the question that someone at Apple decided to copy the overall look of the LG Prada and make it more svelte and more sexy?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #211 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

yeah. In this era of Fox News, facts sure are strange, aren't they?

What is Fox News?

Hint: look to the left.
post #212 of 275
Samsung copied Apple.
Apple asked them to stop it.
Samsung said no.
Apple got pissed off because Samsung were a trusted supplier and they used this to rip off Apples designs, so they hit the courts.

The reality is that this is what happens when you piss off Apple. Samsung are just too stupid/don't care to get it. They will never sell anywhere near as many Galaxy tabs as Apple will ship iPads and they will lose business for their component arm.

In the current global climate you would imagine that you would want to ally yourself with companies that are making money rather than alienate them.
post #213 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes but the Samsung is a copy of the first design which was LG's and not Apple's. They copied a copy and which is way more than a 20%. Where the buttons are does not effect the overall "look". If you want to nit pick, then the Samsung's button is rectangular, and there are two capacitive buttons on either side of it, the ear piece hole is almost twice as wide, the corners are less round, and other than the four icons on the home screen it looks very different.

You mention this yet you don't mention the Samsung F700. The thing was first shown at almost the same time as the original iphone, and it's a very similar design to what they use now. The newer Samsung phones just look like they came from the design trend of the F700. The thing had a touchscreen ui, but they also included a QWERTY keyboard. That design minus the QWERTY is pretty much what you see today. It debuted something like a month after the iphone. No company knocks off a design in a month, and they aren't exactly assembling prototypes for Apple.
post #214 of 275
I love when people bring up the Samsung F700. Here's the picture that was floating around for some time trying to make the iPhone look like it copied the F700.





Do you like Sesame Street?

One of these things is not like the other, two of these things are kinda the same....





Now someone should post up pics of that POS LG Prade showing the various screens for comparison. BTW, has anyone in ths thread bringing up the Prada actually read any reviews about it? Or comparison reviews with the original iPhone? When I say it was a POS I'm not kidding. It was junk.
post #215 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

How clever to take his point, make it into something it wasn't, and then argue against it.



That is a common technique around here.
post #216 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Samsung copied Apple.
Apple asked them to stop it.
Samsung said no.
Apple got pissed off because Samsung were a trusted supplier and they used this to rip off Apples designs, so they hit the courts.

The reality is that this is what happens when you piss off Apple. Samsung are just too stupid/don't care to get it. They will never sell anywhere near as many Galaxy tabs as Apple will ship iPads and they will lose business for their component arm.

In the current global climate you would imagine that you would want to ally yourself with companies that are making money rather than alienate them.

With Apple's track record of screwing over its allies, Samsung is doing the f'ing this time.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #217 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

I love when people bring up the Samsung F700. Here's the picture that was floating around for some time trying to make the iPhone look like it copied the F700.


1) Unless the pic has been updated, which I doubt, the dates used in that photo of the F700 are wrong. Edit: Yep, "Shown February 2007 and sales ales began in November 2007 but you wont see resident trolls noting that because it hurts their already weak argument.

2) It's funny that the photoshopped the F700 into the hand holding the iPhone for the dubious comparison.

3) How is the Music Player app highlighted on the F700. Did they want you to tap once to highlight and double-tap to open like a desktop OS?

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #218 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) Unless the pic has been updated, which I doubt, the dates used in that photo of the F700 are wrong.

2) It's funny that the photoshopped the F700 into the hand holding the iPhone for the dubious comparison.

3) How is the Music Player app highlighted on the F700. Did they want you to tap once to highlight and double-tap to open like a desktop OS?

The most important question, like that of the LG Prada, is: Were any pictures of the software of this thing shown before the announcement of the iPhone?
post #219 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

I love when people bring up the Samsung F700. Here's the picture that was floating around for some time trying to make the iPhone look like it copied the F700.





Do you like Sesame Street?

One of these things is not like the other, two of these things are kinda the same....





Now someone should post up pics of that POS LG Prade showing the various screens for comparison. BTW, has anyone in ths thread bringing up the Prada actually read any reviews about it? Or comparison reviews with the original iPhone? When I say it was a POS I'm not kidding. It was junk.


You guys are a bit dumb, arent you? Your argument would make sense if Apple was suing for functionality which they're not, its a suit based on looks and you actually made a good point in Samsungs favor. Did Apple's lawyer have the Galaxy Tab and iPad on when he asked if they could differentiate them? No, why? Because the difference would've been obvious.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #220 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The most important question, like that of the LG Prada, is: Were any pictures of the software of this thing shown before the announcement of the iPhone?

If Apple is guilty of anything it knowing what not to steal and the F700 is the poster child of a crap phone from the HW to the SW.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #221 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

its a suit based on looks and you actually made a good point in Samsungs favor.

How? Filler.
post #222 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How? Filler.

Because that music player looks alot like the SGS 2, they can say they're using a design they came up with years ago, that's how.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #223 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Because that music player looks alot like the SGS 2, they can say they're using a design they came up with years ago, that's how.

Apple's not suing for that. Apple's suing for their modern stuff.
post #224 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Apple's not suing for that. Apple's suing for their modern stuff.

It's a wonder these guys aren't calling for ice cream sandwich makers to sue Apple.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #225 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's a wonder these guys aren't calling for ice cream sandwich makers to sue Apple.


Ah, see, well, these guys have a staggered grid, you see. Apple's uses straight lines.
post #226 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Ah, see, well, these guys have a staggered grid, you see. Apple's uses straight lines.

The ice cream sandwich is multi-touch, too, as noted by this kid touching it with multiple fingers.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #227 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

The ice cream sandwich is multi-touch, too, as noted by this kid touching it with multiple fingers.


Well, that clinches it, doesn't it? The iPad has 10 points of contact. This thing has 11.

Seems that ice cream sandwich makers ought to be suing Google for trading on their name.
post #228 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Apple's not suing for that. Apple's suing for their modern stuff.

But Samsung can show prior art.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #229 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's a wonder these guys aren't calling for ice cream sandwich makers to sue Apple.


Yea next lawsuit is Apple suing God for making a fruit named apple and shaping it like its insignia.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #230 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's a wonder these guys aren't calling for ice cream sandwich makers to sue Apple.


that's funny!
post #231 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

The ice cream sandwich is multi-touch, too, as noted by this kid touching it with multiple fingers.


post #232 of 275
It was reported today (The Verge and Slashgear) that Apple has apparently licensed patent '381' (the bounce effect when scrolling) to both Nokia and IBM. It was also revealed through court documents that Apple tried to license it to Samsung back in Nov 2010, but talks broke off and no deal was reached (no reason given).

This is one of the reasons the injunction was granted - the fact Apple attempted to license one of the patents to Samsung. If Apple was willing to license, then they are willing to accept a royalty tpye of settlement, which means an injunction isn't really necessary.

Kinda goes against the haters always trying to say Apple refuses to license and only looks for bans.
post #233 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

It was reported today (The Verge and Slashgear) that Apple has apparently licensed patent '381' (the bounce effect when scrolling) to both Nokia and IBM. It was also revealed through court documents that Apple tried to license it to Samsung back in Nov 2010, but talks broke off and no deal was reached (no reason given).

This is one of the reasons the injunction was granted - the fact Apple attempted to license one of the patents to Samsung. If Apple was willing to license, then they are willing to accept a royalty tpye of settlement, which means an injunction isn't really necessary.

Kinda goes against the haters always trying to say Apple refuses to license and only looks for bans.

True, regarding the claims that Apple never licenses but we can't rule out Apple offered Samsung the same deal as Nokia, IBM and likely other licensees. It's possible Apple tried to stick it to Samsung the way Nokia tried to stick to Apple by charging an excessive amount for licensing.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #234 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

You guys are a bit dumb, arent you? Your argument would make sense if Apple was suing for functionality which they're not, its a suit based on looks and you actually made a good point in Samsungs favor. Did Apple's lawyer have the Galaxy Tab and iPad on when he asked if they could differentiate them? No, why? Because the difference would've been obvious.

First, it wasn't Apple's lawyer - it was the judge.

Second, when you pick up a box with a tablet computer in it, is the computer off or on?

Face it - the fact that Samsung's lawyer couldn't tell the difference was a HUMONGOUS problem for Samsung - whether the tablets were on or off.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #235 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

First, it wasn't Apple's lawyer - it was the judge.

Second, when you pick up a box with a tablet computer in it, is the computer off or on?

Face it - the fact that Samsung's lawyer couldn't tell the difference was a HUMONGOUS problem for Samsung - whether the tablets were on or off.

Wrong , its obviously not a HUMONGUS as a problem as you thought since they were allowed to continue selling the device.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #236 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Obviously not big as a problem as you thought since they were allowed to continue selling the device.

You missed EricTheHalfBee's comment.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #237 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You missed EricTheHalfBee's comment.


Soli what's with the X? You Muslim now?



Don't worry Samsung isn't coming after you lol
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #238 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Soli what's with the X? You Muslim now?

Malcom used X to indicate a dropping of the "white slavemaster name of 'Little'" and the 'X' stood in for the African-American name he would never know. Sometime after he found islam he changed his name to Malik el-Shabazz. I just wanted to retire my previous account but not start off anonymously as I've forged friendships on this forum over the years.

edit: Some neat info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabazz_(name)

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #239 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Malcom used X to indicate a dropping of the "white slavemaster name of 'Little'" and the 'X' stood in for the African-American name he would never know. Sometime after he found islam he changed his name to Malik el-Shabazz. I just wanted to retire my previous account but not start off anonymously as I've forged friendships on this forum over the years.

edit: Some neat info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabazz_(name)

It figures you'd take a fun lil jab at you seriously lol. Btw for the record Samsung has IMO blatantly copied Apple in so many ways.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #240 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It figures you'd take a fun lil jab at you seriously lol. Btw for the record Samsung has IMO blatantly copied Apple in so many ways.

Yes, I do like to things to be factual whenever possible, though if you not my signature I am oddly referencing a Martin Luther King, Jr. speech.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Judge denies Apple request to stop Galaxy sales in U.S.