or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › US judge says Samsung tablets unlikely to attract Apple's customers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

US judge says Samsung tablets unlikely to attract Apple's customers - Page 4

post #121 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post


Some Korean students are as good as western students, but in general the Korean schools fixate on rote memory 'learning' and grade inflation, and so do a massive disservice to their students, and their country.


Maybe rote memory learning has some kind of purpose. Hmm...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/op...t-matters.html
post #122 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

I do not take issue with the rankings.

But I do take issue with some American morals applied to higher education in America. Have you heard of "legacies?" Do you know the percentage they make up in Harvard, Yale and the top universities in your country? Can you say with a straight face that this is a merit-based system? What about the affirmative action program? Just tick the box that says you're a minority. But be careful not to say you're Asian. If you tick Asian, you'll need a perfect score on the SAT.

One of Harvard's legacies made his father proud by becoming a U.S. president. He must have done a real good job.

Sure, some Asians who are not qualified, AND some Americans who are definitely not qualified (e.g. George Dubya Bush) to lecture anyone about anything, slip through the cracks and get into top American universities because their daddies are rich and powerful. But those aren't the people who tend to ever excel academically. Yes, it is FAR AND AWAY a merit-based system, especially in comparison to the Korean system, which I outlined in my post above. I have no argument with your take on Bush, the man and his cronies IMHO are frauds and the worst criminals in American history bar none.

So, now that we've settled that, you're now saying that there are no "Asians" in American universities? WOW! I WAS NOT AWARE OF THAT. (You keep talking about "Asians" when we're supposed to be talking about Koreans, why is that??). There are plenty of Asians in American universities, some of them win Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals. What seems to upset you is that those Asians are of Japanese, Indian, Chinese, and Russian descent, among others. But none to date have been Korean. Would that be correct?
post #123 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Soooo, according to your logic Korea has never won a FIFA World Cup, topped the Olympics medal tables, etc. etc. because "western" organizations like FIFA and the International Olympic Committee have a bias against "Asian" athletes??? I seeee....

Now the debate is spilling over into athletic achievement?
post #124 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post


So, now that we've settled that, you're now saying that there are no "Asians" in American universities? WOW! I WAS NOT AWARE OF THAT. (You keep talking about "Asians" when we're supposed to be talking about Koreans, why is that??). There are plenty of Asians in American universities, some of them win Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals. What seems to upset you is that those Asians are of Japanese, Indian, Chinese, and Russian descent, among others. But none to date have been Korean. Would that be correct?

I am not upset at all. Where are you pulling your wild assumptions out from? From thin air? Did I say there were no Asians in American univ.? No, I did not. Why are you misconstruing what I didn't even say?
post #125 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

Maybe rote memory learning has some kind of purpose. Hmm...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/op...t-matters.html

I think you missed the point of that article. What it's saying is that people who work hard tend to perform better. By this we can assume they mean technical players (although admittedly the writer didn't delve into any distinction between the technical and the creative). It didn't seem to mention rote memory.

Even so, it's no revelation that people who practice more become better players, or better anything. But let me ask you this. If you were into music, what would you rather be, a player piano (technical ability) or a Beethoven (a creative and technical genius)? And your answer sir, is the distinction between the end products of Confucian rote memory based education, and the western creative, individual mindset.
post #126 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

I am not upset at all. Where are you pulling your wild assumptions out from? From thin air? Did I say there were no Asians in American univ.? No, I did not. Why are you misconstruing what I didn't even say?

Perhaps because what you did say was so bizarre.

Anyway, it's been fun. But I really do have to go and get some actual work done around here.
post #127 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

Now the debate is spilling over into athletic achievement?


You seem to be having trouble with recognizing patterns of basic logical extension. You should try it some time, it can open up whole new worlds. Anyway, gotta go.
post #128 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

I think you missed the point of that article. What it's saying is that people who work hard tend to perform better. By this we can assume they mean technical players (although admittedly the writer didn't delve into any distinction between the technical and the creative). It didn't seem to mention rote memory.

Even so, it's no revelation that people who practice more become better players, or better anything. But let me ask you this. If you were into music, what would you rather be, a player piano (technical ability) or a Beethoven (a creative and technical genius)? And your answer sir, is the distinction between the end products of Confucian rote memory based education, and the western creative, individual mindset.

You missed the point.

Excerpted from the article.

"...we have discovered that “working memory capacity,” a core component of intellectual ability, predicts success in a wide variety of complex activities."

What I was inferring to was that "rote memory learning" per se could hone working memory capacity.

Aside from your missing the point of the article, I knew you would have a difficult time connecting the dots from "rote memory learning" to that excerpted passage. Sorry for not making it clearer to you. My mistake.

I played the contrabass so I'd choose Mozart.
post #129 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

You seem to be having trouble with recognizing patterns of basic logical extension. You should try it some time, it can open up whole new worlds. Anyway, gotta go.

When you stray a bit you call it a "basic logical extension." You're pretty good.
post #130 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Perhaps because what you did say was so bizarre.

Go back and read the USA Today article link.

What I said about what boxes you shouldn't tick on your college applications is based on that "bizarre" article.
post #131 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Yes, you are.

Denial works, huh? When you don't like the facts, just deny, deny, deny that they even exist.
According to you, every road in Korea is as wide as an American road. Good grief. You actually believe your own misperceptions.
post #132 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

And your answer sir, is the distinction between the end products of Confucian rote memory based education, and the western creative, individual mindset.

I saw a funny commercial on Youtube where a barista claimed he was creative. So you're saying Americans have a creative mindset. They are so creative that they don't make their own products. They just design and brand them and then market them like crazy. They leave all that non-creative work to Asia. That's what Dell did. Apple does it too.

Building something with your hands or with high tech factory machines is not creative because that's what Asians do and Asians, by your logic, have been grilled in the Confucian rote memory based education. They simply do not have the wonderful creative individual mindset of Americans.

Do you do this all the time? Make sweeping generalizations of the West and East?

Categorically dismiss a billion of them as Confucian rote memory-instilled types who have no creativity whatsoever.

This discourse is getting sadder and sadder.

I bet if you were to visit Thailand, you'd show contempt to the rampant prostitution there while categorically ignoring the "creative" Westerners with "individual mindsets" taking advantage of the locals with their mighty currency.
post #133 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

I saw a funny commercial on Youtube where a barista claimed he was creative. So you're saying Americans have a creative mindset. They are so creative that they don't make their own products. They just design and brand them and then market them like crazy. They leave all that non-creative work to Asia. That's what Dell did. Apple does it too.

Do you do this all the time? Make sweeping generalizations of the West and East?

Categorically dismiss a billion of them as Confucian rote memory-instilled types who have no creativity whatsoever.

This discourse is getting sadder and sadder.

I bet if you were to visit Thailand, you'd show contempt to the rampant prostitution there while categorically ignoring the "creative" Westerners with "individual mindsets" taking advantage of the locals with their mighty currency.

Talk about sweeping generalizations. Isn't it possible that that barista is a cutting-edge artist or a kick-**s writer or musician or songwriter or an astro-physics student trying to make rent? I know plenty of waiters and waitresses and baristas and other working people who are. Most of my most brilliant professors had jobs like that at some point. Haven't you?

And no I'm not saying that all Koreans or people who've grown up with a Confucian education are incapable of being creative. Every country has creative people and generalizations mean 'in general'; they aren't absolutisms. But I do believe that Confucian education systems such as those in Korea stymie creativity when compared with western education models. The entities which rank education and world-leading science, mathematics, and literature seem to confirm this.

I'm not sure how prostitution came into the debate but from what I saw in Korea there's certainly no shortage of Korean men 'ordering coffee', 'visiting barbershops', 'visiting train station areas' or availing of those thousands of call girl cards they scatter at the entrance of all those love hotels, or of Korean men going to Thailand on 'golfing trips' either. Matter of fact most Korean men I knew who went through the military (i.e. the vast majority of Korean men) seemed to take a visit to the local bawdy-house as some 'right of passage'. I'm not saying it's necessarily immoral but I'm curious as to why you equate lust with the creative mind or otherwise; I'm just calling your spade a spade. In other words, what's your point?

Regarding the assembly of western products such as iPads, I have no disdain for any poor soul who's strapped to an assembly line 16 hours a day, in a country like China where unions are basically illegal. But that's not creativity per se, it's simply back-breaking toil for some local goon looking to get rich (and for plenty of western goons looking to get rich, too).

Now ask yourself this. Who invented and designed that iPad, made the software, invented the telecommunications infrastructure that makes it work, the ships' engines that transport the products, the machine tools themselves which the Chinese factories use; even the very automated production processes they use. And who taught them how to use them? Who made the world-changing scientific breakthroughs that made any of these things possible, including virtually every single product ever sold by Samsung or LG or Kia or Hyundai; Korea? I think you know better than to take that debate further but if you like I'm happy to oblige.
post #134 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Now ask yourself this. Who invented and designed that iPad, made the software, invented the telecommunications infrastructure that makes it work, the ships' engines that transport the products, the machine tools themselves which the Chinese factories use; even the very automated production processes they use. And who taught them how to use them? Who made the world-changing scientific breakthroughs that made any of these things possible, including virtually every single product ever sold by Samsung or LG or Kia or Hyundai; Korea? I think you know better than to take that debate further but if you like I'm happy to oblige.

Hope you're not claiming that Apple invented the tablet. Yes, they made the iPad. But to call it an invention is a stretch when it incorporates technology that was invented by others. People don't say Mercedes invented the car. Oh, sorry. Mercedes did invent the first car engine running on gas. And the Germans invented aspirin. But the Americans took ownership of aspirin for a few decades before giving it back. And the NASA moon project was made possible with good ol' American ingenuity. Except that without the Nazi German V rocket scientists who built the Saturn rocket, it wouldn't have been possible. Would you like to claim more ownership of European technology and scientific breakthroughs as American? Strange that you bunch up European technology and American technology together as "western technology." Korea, Japan, Vietnam and other Asian countries don't claim gun powder as their Asian technology. One world-changing scientific breakthrough that comes to mind is the polio vaccine. So you're going to claim this as an American invention, too? So who invented space rockets and automobile engines? Who taught Americans how to use them?

I give credit to America for inventing the Internet although CERN keeps saying they invented it. And America invented the atomic bomb with many non-American immigrant scientists who were quickly issued American citizenship. I'm just ticking off some of the world-changing breakthroughs you alluded to.

You sound very proud of your shared (or stolen Nazi) western technological heritage.
post #135 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

Hope you're not claiming that Apple invented the tablet. Yes, they made the iPad. But to call it an invention is a stretch when it incorporates technology that was invented by others. People don't say Mercedes invented the car. Oh, sorry. Mercedes did invent the car. And the Germans invented aspirin. But the Americans took ownership of aspirin for a few decades before giving it back. And your NASA moon project was made possible by good ol' American ingenuity. Except that without the German V rocket scientists, it wouldn't have been possible. Would you like to claim more ownership of European technology and scientific breakthroughs as American? Strange that you bunch up European technology and American together as "western technology." Korea, Japan, Vietnam and other Asian countries don't claim gun powder as their Asian technology.


What you've just said in essence is that Koreans had nothing to do with any of this. You're absolutely correct. (But as you know Korea didn't invent gunpowder, it was the Chinese, who were only able to use it for firecrackers).
post #136 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

I give credit to America for inventing the Internet

Gee thanks, that's mighty white of you.
post #137 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

Strange that you bunch up European technology and American technology together as "western technology.

Uh no, that's the generally accepted definition of 'the west' or 'Western'.

Here you go, from the Oxford dictionary:

western |ˈwɛstərn|
adjective
1 [ attrib. ] situated in the west, or directed toward or facing the west: there will be showers in some western areas.
• (of a wind) blowing from the west.
2 (usu. Western )living in or originating from the west, in particular Europe or the US: Western society.

Don't they teach you even this basic stuff in Korean schools? In the west (that'd be Europe, most of North America, Australia, New Zealand and so on) we learn it in elementary school if not earlier. \
post #138 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

What you've just said in essence is that Koreans had nothing to do with any of this. You're absolutely correct. (But as you know Korea didn't invent gunpowder, it was the Chinese, who were only able to use it for firecrackers).

And America had nothing to do with rockets, jet engines or automobiles. So who taught Asians how to build all those gee-whiz things? Oh, yeah. That's labeled western technology so Americans can conveniently claim that they were the inventors/originators of it like you are claiming yourself. You learned well from Steve Jobs' "great artists steal mentality." He says it on Youtube.
post #139 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Gee thanks, that's mighty white of you.

You're welcome.
post #140 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

And America had nothing to do with rockets, jet engines or automobiles. So who taught Asians how to build all those gee-whiz things? Oh, yeah. That's labeled western technology so Americans can conveniently claim that they were the inventors/originators of it like you are claiming yourself.

You've never heard even of Goddard? Wow! (And you call yourself a Kyopo, shame on you).

Listen to this one folks: according to eric 475, now the Oxford Dictionary are part of a plot to define the very word "western" to NOT mean Europe and the US, so that "Americans cain conveniently claim they were the inventors/originators" of western technology? Brilliant! (Thanks, that one is up there with "our roads are too narrow for foreign cars" and kimchee stops AIDS). The folks in my office LOVE this one, too.

Can I please have some of that serious Korean cheeba-cheeba you're growing there these days?

Keep 'em coming!
post #141 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

You've never heard even of Goddard? Wow! (And you call yourself a Kyopo, shame on you).

Listen to this one folks: according to eric 475, now the Oxford Dictionary are part of a plot to define the very word "western" to NOT mean Europe and the US, so that "Americans cain conveniently claim they were the inventors/originators" of western technology? Brilliant! (Thanks, that one is up there with "our roads are too narrow for foreign cars" and kimchee stops AIDS). The folks in my office LOVE this one, too.

Can I please have some of that serious Korean cheeba-cheeba you're growing there these days?

Keep 'em coming!

von Braun is the Father of rocket science and built the Saturn V rocket. When the truth hits you, you run away, don't you? Braun was an ex-Nazi so I guess it's hard for you to accept any of this.
post #142 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Uh no, that's the generally accepted definition of 'the west' or 'Western'.

Here you go, from the Oxford dictionary:

western |ˈwɛstərn|
adjective
1 [ attrib. ] situated in the west, or directed toward or facing the west: there will be showers in some western areas.
(of a wind) blowing from the west.
2 (usu. Western )living in or originating from the west, in particular Europe or the US: Western society.

Don't they teach you even this basic stuff in Korean schools? In the west (that'd be Europe, most of North America, Australia, New Zealand and so on) we learn it in elementary school if not earlier. \

Here's something you don't understand about my argument. In East Asia, the Chinese and Koreans don't call Japanese inventions or technology as "Asian technology" at all. But your media and especially, Americans love to make broad claims that "they" stole western technology. We all know who "they" is, right? I didn't have to even say it but you already knew. See, that's the kind of power the media and preconceived notions have over you.
post #143 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

von Braun is the Father of rocket science and built the Saturn V rocket. When the truth hits you, you run away, don't you?

No, you'd be only half-correct there. He was the father of the Saturn V rocket (he did his first experiments in 1930), but he actually built on the work of Goddard, who was the father of the liquid-fueled rocket (built in 1926).

You should at the very least do a wiki check of basic history before you post silly comments on a public forum. They make you and all the other Korean nationalists look very very ignorant.

No, actually, when I'm faced with ridiculous rantings from rabid nationalists like yourself I either laugh or smack them with the truth until they beg for mercy, or until they slip up and make even more ridiculous (often hysterically funny) comments; it depends on my mood.
post #144 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

Here's something you don't understand about my argument. In Asia, the Chinese and Koreans don't call Japanese inventions or technology as "Asian technology" at all. But your media and especially, Americans love to make broad claims that "they" stole western technology. We all know who "they" is, right? I didn't have to even say but you already knew. See, that's the kind of power the media has over you.

Clearly.
post #145 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

No, you'd be only half-correct there. He was the father of the Saturn V rocket (he did his first experiments in 1930), but he actually built on the work of Goddard, who was the father of the liquid-fueled rocket (built in 1926).

You should at the very least do a wiki check of basic history before you post silly comments on a public forum. They make you and all the other Korean nationalists look very very ignorant.

No, actually, when I'm faced with ridiculous rantings from rabid nationalists like yourself I either laugh or smack them with the truth until they beg for mercy, depending on my mood.

While you're checking out wikipedia, look up name-calling, will you?
post #146 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

No, you'd be only half-correct there. He was the father of the Saturn V rocket (he did his first experiments in 1930), but he actually built on the work of Goddard, who was the father of the liquid-fueled rocket (built in 1926).

You should at the very least do a wiki check of basic history before you post silly comments on a public forum. They make you and all the other Korean nationalists look very very ignorant.

No, actually, when I'm faced with ridiculous rantings from rabid nationalists like yourself I either laugh or smack them with the truth until they beg for mercy, or until they slip up and make even more ridiculous (often hysterically funny) comments; it depends on my mood.

You can't accept the facts. You just won't. It's your American pride I guess. Have to be number 1. You betcha!

"The V-2, however, was technically far more advanced than the most successful of the rockets designed and tested by Goddard. The Peenemünde rocket group led by Wernher von Braun may have benefited from the pre-1939 contacts to a limited extent, but had also started from the work of their own space pioneer, Hermann Oberth" (excerpted from Wikipedia.)


I don't even want to go into jet engines and talk about the father of that now... It has to be an American, right? Wrong.
post #147 of 177
[QUOTE=eric475;Koreans don't call Japanese inventions or technology as "Asian technology" at all. [/QUOTE]

That's right, they call it "Korean technology".
post #148 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

That's right, they call it "Korean technology".

Yes, they do. (I'm serious)
post #149 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

You can't accept the facts. You just won't. It's your American pride I guess. Have to be number 1. You betcha!

"The V-2, however, was technically far more advanced than the most successful of the rockets designed and tested by Goddard. The Peenemünde rocket group led by Wernher von Braun may have benefited from the pre-1939 contacts to a limited extent, but had also started from the work of their own space pioneer, Hermann Oberth" (excerpted from Wikipedia.)


I don't even want to go into jet engines and talk about the father of that now... It has to be an American, right? Wrong.

Can we just say that a combination of western science and technologies (that'd be technologies from Europe and the US) got American men to the moon...and that it had Dick Squat to do with Korea? Would that be ok with you; it's fine with me.

While you ponder my suggestion let's play a little game. Look around your apartment in Seoul or wherever it is you live and take away everything that runs on electricity or computers, anything that requires satellites, anything that was ever built on western science at all. You're now the proud owner of some kimchee (although minus the red peppers the Portuguese brought to Korea from South America), some soju (though not distilled and certainly not in a glass bottle or can), and a pile of rubble. Congratulations!
post #150 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

Yes, they do. (I'm serious)

I KNOW they do. I've heard it many times.
post #151 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Can we just say that a combination of western science and technologies (that'd be technologies from Europe and the US) got American men to the moon...and that it had Dick Squat to do with Korea? Would that be ok with you; it's fine with me.

While you ponder my suggestion let's play a little game. Look around your apartment in Seoul or wherever it is you live and take away everything that runs on electricity or computers, anything that requires satellites, anything that was ever built on western science at all. You're now the proud owner of some kimchee (although minus the red peppers the Portuguese brought to Korea from South America), some soju (though not distilled and certainly not in a glass bottle or can), and a pile of rubble. Congratulations!

America doesn't manufacture computers, fridges, or electronics in its heartlands anymore. Heard of how America's manufacturing base has been hollowed out? So banish all those made in China products from your home for an "hollowed out" experience. And try enjoying a Merry Christmas without those cheap toys and gadgets made from China. You know them, they've got this white Apple logo plastered on the back.

And putting up the money while taking European technology for your moon project is no different from what China is doing from one industry to another. You won't give up and admit that without von Braun there would be no rocket to the moon. Even when NASA scientists agree with that statement!

And the Soviets sent the first artificial satellite into space. Never heard of Sputnik? Now you're also claiming Soviet technology as your shared western technology? Sad. Sad.
post #152 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

America doesn't manufacture computers, fridges, electronics in their country anymore. Heard of how America's manufacturing base has been hollowed out? So banish all those made in China products from your home for an "hollowed out" experience. And try enjoying a Merry Christmas without those cheap toys and gadgets made from China. You know them, they've got this white Apple logo on them.

As I recall, you too are the proud owner of many Apple products. Last time I checked Steve Jobs was American and Apple is American. and Ives is British. Apple products and patents are western. Last time I checked Samsung was moving its TV assembly to places like Shuzhou, in China. Westerners don't tend to respect cultures that simply copy what we do, we do respect originality. China assembles our inventions. End of story.

I'm looking around my place and I can't see many Chinese inventions. A couple of products that might have been assembled there, but not many actual inventions. My place is pretty much the same (I don't own a plow, I do have some paper but I generally don't use it at home.) My place is doing ok, I still have my computer, my fridge, my electric lights, my air conditioning, my cell phone, my Internet, my TV, my toilet, my stove, pretty much everything. How's the pile of rubble doing?

Funny how you have to talk about China because you know very well that you can't talk much about Korean inventions that I'd rely on. But even China does't impress me that much actually, there are far more western inventions in a single Boeing 777 than the Chinese invented in their entire history. Pretty amazing when you consider China (like Korea) has all those people and 5000 years of history. America by comparison has far fewer people and is still relatively young nation. Japan is far more impressive than either Korea or China IMHO.
post #153 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

As I recall, you too are the proud owner of many Apple products. Last time I checked Steve Jobs was American and APple is American. Ives is British. All "western" inventions and patents.Last time I checked Samsung was moving its TV assembly to places like Shuzhou, in China.

I'm looking around my place and I can't see a single Chinese invention. A couple of products that might have been assembled there, but not an actual invention. My place is pretty much the same (I don't own a plow). I do have some paper but I generally don't use it at home. My place is doing ok, how's the pile of rubble?

Funny how you have to talk about China because you know very well that you can't talk much about Korean inventions that I'd rely on. But even China does't impress me that much actually, there are far more western inventions in a single Boeing 777 than the Chinese invented in their entire history. Pretty amazing when you consider China (like Korea) has all those people and 5000 years of history. America by comparison has far fewer people and is still relatively young nation. Japan is far more impressive than either Korea or China IMHO.

After they attacked Pearl Harbor it must have left a lasting impression in your mind I guess. So you need to be knocked down by some country to be impressed with them? So that's how it works.
post #154 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

But even China does't impress me that much actually, there are far more western inventions in a single Boeing 777 than the Chinese invented in their entire history.

It's always western technology. Uh-huh. Jet engine invented by who?
post #155 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

And putting up the money while taking European technology for your moon project is no different from what China is doing from one industry to another. You won't give up and admit that without von Braun there would be no rocket to the moon. Even when NASA scientists agree with that statement!

You clearly can't read the English language at anything approaching academic level. Look back at my posts, I keep telling you that western technology means European and American, but you refuse to let that fact enter your brain. It's your Korean Reality-Block (TM) at work. And it seems to working overtime today.

Gotta get back to work. You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down later. We're loving it!
post #156 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

It's always western technology. Uh-huh. Jet engine invented by who?

The English (aka westerners). Later.
post #157 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

You clearly can't read the English language at anything approaching academic level. Look back at my posts, I keep telling you that western technology means European and American, but you refuse to let that fact enter your brain. It's your Korean Reality-Block (TM) at work. And it seems to working overtime today.

Gotta get back to work. You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down later. We're loving it!

Yeah, and you keep avoiding the word "American" technology for some reason. Kind of peculiar on how you avoid that word like the plague. I'm lovin' your habitual avoidance of using the words "American technology" like a Big Mac burger. Chomp. Chomp. Delicious!
post #158 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

The English (aka westerners). Later.

So if the Swiss invent something it's like, you betcha that's western technology. That's ours! No touch! No touch!

China stole what from the Swiss? Oh, no. It's western technology. We gotta get it back. Call the Swiss. Anyone speak Swiss German, Swiss French, Swiss Italian, or Swiss Romansh? No? Don't call them. We the West but we can't doggone speak to each other. But that's OK. We still the West. Yes, sirree (insert Texan drawl).
post #159 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

You clearly can't read the English language at anything approaching academic level. Look back at my posts, I keep telling you that western technology means European and American, but you refuse to let that fact enter your brain. It's your Korean Reality-Block (TM) at work. And it seems to working overtime today.

Gotta get back to work. You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down later. We're loving it!

I know some native South Koreans who have better English reading comprehension than you do. And you know what, I'm not joking either. If you've lived in South Korea as you claim (though you have these misconceptions about the roads being as wide as LA highways and streets), then you'd agree with me.
post #160 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric475 View Post

Yeah, and you keep avoiding saying "American" technology for some reason. Kind of peculiar on how you avoid that word like the plague.

The airplane is American technology. Apple computers are American technology. Cray supercomputers are American technology. ICBMs are American technology. The vast majority of military hardware your country needs to defend itself is American technology. The cell phone is American technology. The microwave oven is American technology. The very computer you're using right now is American technology. You can thank American technology and Americans and British and Canadians and Indians and Australians and more for saving your country from North Korea in the 1950s. Without American technology you would likely not even be alive, if you were you'd probably be living in a still-feudal Korean agricultural society with an ox and a hanbok, dying of diseases not yet vaccinated by you guessed it, American technology. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just stating fact. It would take me till the end of my days to list every single American invention so I'll just post a very basic list for your perusal.

There are more than 200 pages of American technology on wikipedia alone, and that's just the very tip of an enormous iceberg.


A
Aberdeen Chronograph
Acrylic paint
Adobe Flash
Adobe Flash Professional
Aerogel
Airbag
Americium
Argon oxygen decarburization
ARPANET
Artificial neuron
Artificial pacemaker
Atkins diet
Automatic transmission
Autopilot
B
Ballistic electron emission microscopy
Barcode
BASIC
Bathysphere
Beltway battery
Beam lead technology
Bell X-1
Bifocals
BigBelly
Bioactive glass
Biological pacemaker
Black light
Boy Butter
Breakfast cereal
Brown truss
Bubblegum
Bulldozer
Burr Truss
C
C (programming language)
Carbon microphone
Carbonless copy paper
Carter's Little Liver Pills
Cash register
Catalytic converter
Chemical oxygen iodine laser
Cigarette
Coca-Cola
Cocaine (drink)
Contour Crafting
Cotton candy
Cotton gin
Cotton swab
Crayon
Credit card
Crystalate
Curium
D
Dazer Laser
Dendrochronology
Dental floss
Dianetics
Direct current
Dishmaker
DNA computing
Doggles
DOS
Drop Stop
User:Zsexdrcft/Articles as templates test
D cont.
Dynamic random-access memory
E
IMail
Electric guitar
Electron beam ion trap
Electronic libretto
Electrophotography
Email
Equatorial sextant
Escalator
Ethernet
F
Fax
Ferris wheel
Fidelipac
Fire sprinkler
Flashlight
Fleshlight
Floppy disk
Floppy disk variants
Flowchart
Franklin stove
Fresno scraper
Fuel dispenser
Fused deposition modeling
G
Gamma camera
Gamma probe
Gas laser
Gilhoolie
Glass harmonica
Global Positioning System
Glottochronology
Glucose meter
Go (programming language)
Gore-Tex
Graphophone
H
Henry rifle
Highway Hi-Fi
Holographic drive
Hutchinson Patent Stopper
Hypertext
I
Ice resurfacer
Industrial robot
Infunitum
Integrated circuit
Internet
Ionocraft
J
Jeans
K
K-Y Jelly
Kinetoscope
Klystron
Knuckle Racquet
Kong (dog toy)
L
Lambda calculus
Laser
Laser printer
LAWKS
Light-emitting diode
Lightning rod
Lightning Switch
Liquid crystal display
Lisp (programming language)
Loaded Questions (game)
M
Magnetic stripe card
Maser
Metallic microlattice
Microelectromechanical system oscillator
Microprocessor
Microwave oven
M cont.
Mimeoscope
Monopoly (game)
Mouse (computing)
Mouse button
N
N-slit interferometer
Nanoimprint lithography
Nanolaser
Napalm
Neuticles
Neutron bomb
Nuclear power plant
Nuclear submarine
Nuclear weapon
Nylon
O
Obsidian hydration dating
Ocean pressure electric conversion
Oil well
Optical mouse
Oral-B Glide
P
Pacifier-activated lullaby
PageRank
Particle accelerator
Pattern playback
PDCA
Perl
Personal computer
Phonograph
Phonograph cylinder
Photosensitive glass
Plasma display
Pneumoencephalography
Polymerase chain reaction
Preparation H
Pritikin Diet
Q
Qore Language
Quantum well laser
QWERTY
R
Radar gun
Radial arm saw
Radiocarbon dating
RAM press
Ring spinning
Rocket stove
Roto-Rooter
Rumford fireplace
S
Scanning acoustic microscope
Scent Transfer Unit
Scrabble
Scroll wheel
Segway Inc.
Segway PT
Sholes and Glidden typewriter
Shopping cart
Silica gel
Smith & Wesson Model 1
Solar cell
Sono arsenic filter
South Beach Diet
Space blanket
Space tourism
Stanley Meyer's water fuel cell
Steadicam
Stereo-Pak
Stereolithography
Storyboard
Supermarket
(previous 200) (next 200)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • US judge says Samsung tablets unlikely to attract Apple's customers
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › US judge says Samsung tablets unlikely to attract Apple's customers