or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney for President
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mitt Romney for President - Page 8

post #281 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I am de facto forced to contribute...

Boo hoo. We are actually being forced to subsidize abortions through every wicked scheme your secular compatriots can dream up. Whether it's government cheques straight to Planned Parenthood, 'health care mandates' from the White House to our ministries or something else.

When secular nutbars decide to pay out of their own pockets for their child-killing exploits, then we can discuss taxing the property of organizations that run the overwhelming majority of our society's food banks, homeless shelters and recovery programs.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #282 of 693
Defunding Planned Parenthood would just lead to more abortions. If you wanted to actually limit them, you wouldn't oppose real, effective sex education--not this abstinence-only garbage. If you actually wanted to limit them, you wouldn't oppose free contraception for everyone. Until you admit those two points, you can go cry me a river and I won't give a shit. Religious sex-negative policies cause abortions. Eat it.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #283 of 693
It's no surprise atheists believe people are prisoners to sexuality and so cannot control themselves or account personally for their behaviour.
It's the whole reason you cling to the Theory of Evolution like it's a security blanket.

All I'm saying is that if you want to live that way - with lifestyles built around abortion and contraception and the like - pay the bills for it yourself.
Don't ask me to pay for your abortions. Don't ask me to buy you birth control pills.

Is it really that hard to respect your fellow citizens?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #284 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

It's no surprise atheists believe people are prisoners to sexuality and so cannot control themselves or account personally for their behaviour.
It's the whole reason you cling to the Theory of Evolution like it's a security blanket.

I have never read such a ridiculous string of words in my life. Attempting to interpret this drivel literally gave me a headache.

Quote:
All I'm saying is that if you want to live that way - with lifestyles built around abortion and contraception and the like - pay the bills for it yourself.
Don't ask me to pay for your abortions. Don't ask me to buy you birth control pills.

Is it really that hard to respect your fellow citizens?

If you want to reduce abortions, you can do so by helping to teach proper sex education and make contraception easily accessible. Shaming sex, lying to kids about it, and limiting access to birth control is what LEADS to unwanted pregnancies--and abortions.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #285 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

If you want to reduce abortions, you can do so by helping to teach proper sex education and make contraception easily accessible. Shaming sex, lying to kids about it, and limiting access to birth control is what LEADS to unwanted pregnancies--and abortions.

Nonsense. The high rate of abortion is a direct result of the so-called "sexual revolution" that began in the 60's. Ours is the first generation in modern times to discard traditional morality wholesale and embrace the foolish ideas that have sunk our countries to a level from which they may never fully recover.

It has brought us family breakdowns, trapping women and children in poverty and having whole generations raised without fathers. Drug use, consequently, has skyrocketed. Sexually transmitted diseases are rampant and abortion has eliminated millions of North Americans from existence (and damaged national social programs in the process.)

But you would have people believe that the architects of this debacle should be entrusted with hundreds of millions of taxpayers dollars to fix the problem they helped create. Even if they wished to fix it - and they are too busy getting rich off it to do so - teaching children that sex is merely a recreational activity the effects of which can be mitigated by abortion and birth control will only serve to damage society further.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #286 of 693
Well, clearly you won't listen to reason. Should have known that by now.

By the way, the leading cause of abortion is...YOUR GOD...

Quote:
Spontaneous abortion, also known as miscarriage, is the unintentional expulsion of an embryo or fetus before the 20th to 22nd week of gestation.[note 2] A pregnancy that ends before 37 weeks of gestation resulting in a live-born infant is known as a "premature birth" or a "preterm birth".[11] When a fetus dies in utero after viability, or during delivery, it is usually termed "stillborn".[12] Premature births and stillbirths are generally not considered to be miscarriages although usage of these terms can sometimes overlap.[13]

Only 30 to 50% of conceptions progress past the first trimester.[14] The vast majority of those that do not progress are lost before the woman is aware of the conception,[10] and many pregnancies are lost before medical practitioners have the ability to detect the presence of an embryo.[15] Between 15% and 30% of known pregnancies end in clinically apparent miscarriage, depending upon the age and health of the pregnant woman.[16]

The most common cause of spontaneous abortion during the first trimester is chromosomal abnormalities of the embryo/fetus,[10][17] accounting for at least 50% of sampled early pregnancy losses.[18] Other causes include vascular disease (such as lupus), diabetes, other hormonal problems, infection, and abnormalities of the uterus.[17] Advancing maternal age and a patient history of previous spontaneous abortions are the two leading factors associated with a greater risk of spontaneous abortion.[18] A spontaneous abortion can also be caused by accidental trauma; intentional trauma or stress to cause miscarriage is considered induced abortion or feticide.[19]

WHY DOES YOUR GOD KILL UP TO 50% OF ALL CONCEIVED HUMANS?
HOW CAN YOU WORSHIP SUCH A MASS MURDERER?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #287 of 693
Stop ducking the issue with silly questions.

If liberals believe in abortion and birth control so much, why can't they pay for them out of their own money?

Why do you demand they be paid for by people who fundamentally disagree with the practices?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #288 of 693
Why is that a silly question? If all life starts at conception...and it's totally sacred...and yet, up to 50% of conceived children are spontaneously aborted (by the hand of god, if you truly believe your mythology--everything happens for a reason and such nonsense, god's plan, et cetera). That makes your god a mass murderer. It is YOU who is ducking the question. Why do you worship a deity responsible for the mass murder of BILLIONS?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #289 of 693
This isn't an abortion thread. Abortion and contraception are raised in the context of the violation of personal conscience by forcing certain taxpayers to pay for things they find morally objectionable.

For at least the fourth time now I am asking you, why can liberals not pay for abortion and birth control out of their own money? Why should religious taxpayers be forced to pay for things they find morally objectionable?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #290 of 693
How can you talk about conscience when your deity MURDERS BILLIONS OF INNOCENT BABIES?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #291 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

It's no surprise atheists believe people are prisoners to sexuality and so cannot control themselves or account personally for their behaviour.
It's the whole reason you cling to the Theory of Evolution like it's a security blanket.

All I'm saying is that if you want to live that way - with lifestyles built around abortion and contraception and the like - pay the bills for it yourself.
Don't ask me to pay for your abortions. Don't ask me to buy you birth control pills.

Is it really that hard to respect your fellow citizens?

Sometimes in a person's life an abortion must be necessary.This happened in my wife life years and could not be avoided.
post #292 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

This isn't an abortion thread. Abortion and contraception are raised in the context of the violation of personal conscience by forcing certain taxpayers to pay for things they find morally objectionable.

For at least the fourth time now I am asking you, why can liberals not pay for abortion and birth control out of their own money? Why should religious taxpayers be forced to pay for things they find morally objectionable?



*waits*

*doesn't hold breath waiting*

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #293 of 693
Being offended is not a good reason to make an exemption in the law. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.”

But...all this IDIOTIC argument is moot with the compromise that President Obama proposed anyway. The fragile religious employer wankers don't have to pay for contraception. But you won't be happy until we have a theocracy anyway...

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #294 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Being offended is not a good reason to make an exemption in the law. Period.

Perhaps not. Though liberals have made that an art form over the years. That hypocrisy aside...

Under what legitimate constitutional authority does the federal government implement such mandates or take money from some to pay for abortions for others?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #295 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Perhaps not. Though liberals have made that an art form over the years. That hypocrisy aside...

Under what legitimate constitutional authority does the federal government implement such mandates or take money from some to pay for abortions for others?

Do you mean birth control? The Federal Government doesn't pay for any abortions. Well maybe when an intern gets on the wrong end of a congressman...
post #296 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Stop ducking the issue with silly questions.

If liberals believe in abortion and birth control so much, why can't they pay for them out of their own money?

Why do you demand they be paid for by people who fundamentally disagree with the practices?

Just as soon as wartards pay for the pre-emptive overseas military action (which is no more constitutionally mandated than birth control). I find the wars overseas morally objectionable. Can I opt out of paying for that?
post #297 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Do you mean birth control? The Federal Government doesn't pay for any abortions. Well maybe when an intern gets on the wrong end of a congressman...

Does the federal government provide funding to Planned Parenthood?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #298 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Just as soon as wartards pay for the pre-emptive overseas military action (which is no more constitutionally mandated than birth control). I find the wars overseas morally objectionable. Can I opt out of paying for that?

OK. So we all agree. The federal government is evil and most of what it is doing is unconstitutional and morally objectionable. Maybe we should significantly reduce it to its strict constitutional limits (which would be about 1/10th of its current size and scope).

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #299 of 693
Thread Starter 
BR, you can post all the snarky, hateful things you want about people of faith. The bottom line is that your position is indefensible. Religious institutions are being forced...FORCED to pay for contraception and abortion-inducing drugs, something that is 100% against their belief system. It is an unprecedented violation of the First Amendment, a frightening expansion of government and....repulsive.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #300 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

OK. So we all agree. The federal government is evil and most of what it is doing is unconstitutional and morally objectionable. Maybe we should significantly reduce it to its strict constitutional limits (which would be about 1/10th of its current size and scope).

The simple maintenance of justice, or natural law, is plainly the one only purpose for which any coercive poweror anything bearing the name of governmenthas a right to exist. Lysander Spooner

Lawmakers, as they call themselves, might just as well claim the right to abolish, by statute, the natural law of gravitation, the natural laws of light, heat, and electricity, and all the other natural laws of matter and mind, and institute laws of their own in the place of them, and compel conformity to them, as to claim the right to set aside the natural law of justice, and compel obedience to such other laws as they may see fit to manufacture, and set up in its stead. Lysander Spooner

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #301 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

BR, you can post all the snarky, hateful things you want about people of faith. The bottom line is that your position is indefensible. Religious institutions are being forced...FORCED to pay for contraception and abortion-inducing drugs, something that is 100% against their belief system. It is an unprecedented violation of the First Amendment, a frightening expansion of government and....repulsive.

Your words (and those of your fairy-tale worshiping brethren) about the first amendment wouldn't ring SO FUCKING HOLLOW if you didn't make such a huge stink about the Muslim Community Center in NYC.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #302 of 693
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Your words (and those of your fairy-tale worshiping brethren) about the first amendment wouldn't ring SO F*CKING HOLLOW if you didn't make such a huge stink about the Muslim Community Center in NYC.

First, those two issues are far different. That was pressure from private citizens and private groups who opposed the center (eh...mosque). It wasn't the government who was leading the charge. As for me, my position was that there was no legal reason it couldn't be built, but that I felt it was in bad taste.

Secondly, let's make your comparison work. Let's assume for a moment that doctors discover enormous health benefits from eating sweet, delicious, crispy bacon. Insurance companies start covering bacon. Would you support the government requiring Muslim and Jewish organizations to cover the insurance costs associated with eating swine?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #303 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Your words (and those of your fairy-tale worshiping brethren) about the first amendment wouldn't ring SO FUCKING HOLLOW if you didn't make such a huge stink about the Muslim Community Center in NYC.

Instead of trying to misdirect with this excuse, why don't you deal with those who did not?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #304 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru

“Lawmakers, as they call themselves, might just as well claim the right to abolish, by statute, the natural law of gravitation, the natural laws of light, heat, and electricity, and all the other natural laws of matter and mind, and institute laws of their own in the place of them, and compel conformity to them, as to claim the right to set aside the natural law of justice, and compel obedience to such other laws as they may see fit to manufacture, and set up in its stead.” — Lysander Spooner

We humans might claim the right to abolish gravity or the laws of physics, yet we cannot. They exist independently of us and we have to abide by them whether we like it or not.

Not so the the laws governing human affairs. We humans can break them and even abolish them if we so choose because we are the ones who make them.

Which is why Spooner’s whole tirade is wrong.
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
post #305 of 693
And once religious people don't contribute to the common good anymore when it comes to responsibly preventing abortions through easy access to contraceptives, the next step is to what, outlaw contraceptives altogether?

What? This is an invalid slippery slope argument? I wish it were...

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2012/02...rtion-seekers/

Oops, Virginia is ready to ban contraceptives. This after they already MANDATED THE RAPE OF WOMEN WHO WANT ABORTIONS by requiring an unnecessary medical procedure that involves JAMMING A DEVICE INTO THE WOMAN'S VAGINA, EVEN IF SHE NOR THE DOCTOR WANT IT TO HAPPEN in order to get the abortion.

Give religion an inch...

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #306 of 693
Must you always SHOUT BR?



Give it a rest.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #307 of 693
Someone has to shout out against these atrocities against women.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #308 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Someone has to shout out against these atrocities against women.

Well, your hyperbole aside, I respect your concern about state-sponsored (or allowed) aggression against women.

Sadly, you appear to be inconsistent and even hypocritical in your outrage about state-sponsored or state-allowed aggression by limiting your concern to only one form of it against one group.

Additionally, your apparent willingness to ignore the possibility and even probability of personhood of a currently unborn child and support allowing aggression against them while cleansing your conscience by calling it something not fully human (you're in good company with slave owners and Nazis here) and simply a matter of choice makes your outrage seem even more ludicrous and hypocritical.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #309 of 693
Except the notion that something is a fully fledged human being once sperm meets egg is ludicrous in and of itself. You are begging the question that your definition of human life is the correct one.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #310 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Except the notion that something is a fully fledged human being once sperm meets egg is ludicrous in and of itself. You are begging the question that your definition of human life is the correct one.

And you are that yours is. Unfortunately for you a more objectively determined answer is actually on my side.

P.S. I never said "fully fledged" human being. But that doesn't mean it is not a human life of its own.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #311 of 693
Prove it.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #312 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Prove it.

Well there's lots to look it.

This new life form is fully human. It has its own unique human DNA (different from but derived from the parents). Genetically it is human and a different living entity than the mother or father.

It is also living. It is growing. Within a very short period of time more perceptible indications of its humanness will be clear such as its organs more develop.

If un-aborted it will grow into what we commonly call a human being...not something else.

The labels you abortion-supporters like to use to cleanse your consciences (e.g., zygote, fetus, etc.) are simply labels and descriptions for different stages of the development of a human being. Just like "baby" is a very small human being and "toddler" is another phase of development and maturity...both of which are dependent on someone other then themselves for their continued existence...but I don't see you or anyone calling for legitimizing the murder of anyone under the age of, say 7-8 years old...or those who are mentally or physically handicapped.

Your turn: Prove that this living being inside a woman's womb is not human.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #313 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Goldstein View Post

We humans might claim the right to abolish gravity or the laws of physics, yet we cannot. They exist independently of us and we have to abide by them whether we like it or not.

Not so the the laws governing human affairs. We humans can break them and even abolish them if we so choose because we are the ones who make them.

Which is why Spooners whole tirade is wrong.

I think you are confusing "laws" with natural "rights". Our rights do not come from government. They are inherent and inalienable.

As Frederic Bastiat so eloquently stated:

"Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place."

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #314 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Well there's lots to look it.

This new life form is fully human. It has its own unique human DNA (different from but derived from the parents). Genetically it is human and a different living entity than the mother or father.

And yet it is a clump of only a few cells at that point. It must parasitically feed off its host in order to grow.

Quote:
It is also living. It is growing. Within a very short period of time more perceptible indications of its humanness will be clear such as its organs more develop.

Ambiguous, vague timeframe of an ambiguous concept. Details are required to support this nebulous statement.

Quote:
If un-aborted it will grow into what we commonly call a human being...not something else.

Not true. 30% to 50% of pregnancies are aborted by your god (in reality, it's called spontaneous abortion because god isn't real) before the end of the first trimester. Your assertion that it will grow into a human is untrue. (And your god is a baby killer in your fantasy worldview. Hey, if you thank him for the good shit, why is he not responsible for the bad shit?)

Quote:
Your turn: Prove that this living being inside a woman's womb is not human.

Nope, you did not meet your burden.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #315 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

And yet it is a clump of only a few cells at that point. It must parasitically feed off its host in order to grow.

And a baby outside the womb also must depend on others in order to live and grow. To be consistent, you should advocate the permission to murder these humans if they are unwanted.

Of course, as usual, you conveniently ignored the question about those who are born but are mentally or physically handicapped in such as way that they must "parasitically feed off" of someone in order to continue living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Ambiguous, vague timeframe of an ambiguous concept. Details are required to support this nebulous statement.

These stages are well documented. I'm sure you can find them. At this point you're feigning (I'm giving benefit of the doubt) ignorance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Not true. 30% to 50% of pregnancies are aborted...

...not due to deliberate human action...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

...before the end of the first trimester. Your assertion that it will grow into a human is untrue.

As I said, un-aborted...it will grow into what we commonly refer to as a human being. It will not grow into something else now will it? These abortions can happen as a result of a natural causes. Nothing lives forever. Somethings die very soon after they have begin life. Some things live much longer. Sometimes the end of life is caused by deliberate human action. In most cases we call the deliberate ending of a human life murder. But, to cleanse your conscience, you call one form of this "abortion."

You're reasoning is quite scary actually. It basically amounts to this: "If some percentage of this living entity does not live long enough to mature to some (arbitrary) level, then providing protection to the entire class is unnecessary." This coupled with the "If this living entity must depend on other living entities for its continued growth and life, it's murder is permissible." and you have the makings of a rather frightening moral framework. I can't wait until mental and emotional maturity (according to some elite emotionally and mentally mature minority of course) are factored into this equation.

You do realize that defining people is not-human has been the basis some of the greatest atrocities in history don't you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Nope, you did not meet your burden.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #316 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

BR, you can post all the snarky, hateful things you want about people of faith. The bottom line is that your position is indefensible. Religious institutions are being forced...FORCED to pay for contraception and abortion-inducing drugs, something that is 100% against their belief system. It is an unprecedented violation of the First Amendment, a frightening expansion of government and....repulsive.

Shows your complete and utter ignorance, once again. There are no "abortion inducing drugs" sold in the US. The "morning after pill" prevents pregnancy before implantation. It is incapable of causing an abortion.
post #317 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru

I think you are confusing "laws" with natural "rights".

I adressed Spooner who, in the quoted text, talked about laws. You can see it in the text you quoted above.

Quote:
As Frederic Bastiat so eloquently stated:

"Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place."

Isnt that from La Loi circa 1850?

Life exists independently of us, indeed it existed before humans appeared on this planet. We couldnt make laws if we werent alive.

Liberty is a notion we developed as part of our being a social intelligent life-form, probably at the same time we developed the notions of authority and law.

Property is a practical invention we devised to have a form of possession recognised and protected by law. Law is required for there to be property, without it theres only possession i e whatever one can make or seize and hold on to.

So Frédéric Bastiat was partially right.
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs


חברים יש רק באגד
Reply
post #318 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Goldstein View Post

I adressed Spooner who, in the quoted text, talked about laws. You can see it in the text you quoted above.

He was saying that life, liberty, and property are natural laws just like gravity, that cannot legitimately be repealed or infringed by laws of man's invention.

These are inalienable rights that do not come from government or any other man. They were not invented by man. They simply are.

Freedom, then, is man's natural state. "Freedom" meaning the absence of aggression against an individual's natural rights to life, liberty, and property.

Any initiation of force on the part of any individual or group of individuals (even if that group of individuals calls themselves a government) which infringes upon that natural state is immoral and illegitimate.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #319 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Does the federal government provide funding to Planned Parenthood?

Yes. How much of that funding is allowed to be used to fund abortions?
post #320 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes. How much of that funding is allowed to be used to fund abortions?

I'm surprised someone as intelligent as you appear to be on some topics doesn't realize money is fungible, a fact that makes the Hyde Amendment (along with claims that X money given to Y organization is not going to pay for Z activity) a joke.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney for President