or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney for President
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mitt Romney for President - Page 12

post #441 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So the answer is yes, crudeness is a compulsion for you. This probably doesn't help people to take you more seriously.

Oh, I'm now just cunting saying these things because your reaction is funny. Period blood.

Quote:
Well, it's not really that much of a leap when you break it down to its essence. But, I respect that you disagree.

Except, how does government fund anything without taxes? Social contract ==> not theft. Except you don't believe in the social contract. You might as well not believe in oxygen.


Quote:

There is nothing more vulgar than indoctrinating youths in a world of willful denial of scientific reality. This is absolutely abhorrent and more vulgar than anything I could say.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #442 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Oh, I'm now just cunting saying these things because your reaction is funny. Period blood.

This from a guy spouting off about what's good and what's not for society. That's what's really funny.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Except, how does government fund anything without taxes? Social contract ==> not theft. Except you don't believe in the social contract. You might as well not believe in oxygen.

It's great when you try to make your own personal opinions and philosophies as rock solid as the facts of things like oxygen. It doesn't make you seem unreasonable and intellectually pious at all.




Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

There is nothing more vulgar than indoctrinating youths in a world of willful denial of scientific reality.

I agree. And we should demand that public schools stop doing so with the political-economic philosophies they are indoctrinating kids with.

Anyway...it's always fun "debating" with you BR. It keeps me up to date on the current leftist mindset and attitude (not to mention discussion and "debate" tactics.)

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #443 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Of course my reaction is funny to you...because my reaction is mature. That would be laughable to you. You're kinda like that junior high school bully who loves to show how tough and crude he is by spewing foul language for all of his little buddies to giggle along with while the teacher has his or her back turned.

Oh lighten up. If you really wanted to have a "mature" reaction, you wouldn't react at all. You're just as immature as I am--you just express it in a different way. You silly little boy. Furthermore, you want to demonstrate your own perceived superiority so you shout it from the rooftops for all to see. HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M MATURE BECAUSE I'M SAYING THIS OTHER GUY ISN'T! EVERYBODY LOOK AT HOW MATURE I'M BEING!

Cute.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #444 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Oh lighten up.

The classic final response...make the one calling out the immaturity of your crudeness as just being uptight and prudish.

No...I'm going to keep calling you out on it. I want to make sure others see it clearly.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #445 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

If you really wanted to have a "mature" reaction, you wouldn't react at all.

I'm pretty sure you've given up all credibility to dispense advice on how to behave maturely.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #446 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

The classic final response...make the one calling out the immaturity of your crudeness as just being uptight and prudish.

No...I'm going to keep calling you out on it. I want to make sure others see it clearly.

How very Jesusy of you.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #447 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

How very Jesusy of you.



Well, it's been "fun" BR. Someday you'll find some peace and won't be as bitter and angry. I wish you all the best.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #448 of 693
Back on topic:

Romney: Spending cuts slow economic growth

It looks like Romney is just another big government Keynesian. Not that I'm surprised by this but it is disappointing just the same. Yet more evidence that little is likely to change in the next election.

I'm more and more convinced that the best thing for the country will be Republican control of Congress and re-election of Obama.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #449 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Back on topic:

Romney: Spending cuts slow economic growth

It looks like Romney is just another big government Keynesian. Not that I'm surprised by this but it is disappointing just the same. Yet more evidence that little is likely to change in the next election.

I'm more and more convinced that the best thing for the country will be Republican control of Congress and re-election of Obama.

Is this your thought really?What is wrong with the Democratic control of Congress?More money for the war in Afghanistan and more cuts for the poor and middle class is that what you want!
post #450 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Is this your thought really?

Yes, really.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

What is wrong with the Democratic control of Congress?

Well I don't really have enough space to answer that...but my real point was the best thing for the country would be to have the two major and most destructive branches of government split between the two branches of the establishment party in the hopes that their bickering with each other would slow them down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

More money for the war in Afghanistan and more cuts for the poor and middle class is that what you want!

Not sure from your punctuation whether you're telling me what I want or asking. First, war funding has been consistent or higher regardless of who has controlled Congress. I would like it to be lower, but the antiwar party who was in complete control for 2 years didn't lower it...so...

As for the poor and middle class...frankly neither party it terribly helpful here.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #451 of 693
“Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy free health care and 100 percent literacy.” — John Derbyshire

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #452 of 693
How Government Hurts The Poor

Quote:
Minimum wage laws ostensibly exist to offer poorer workers better pay, but tend to leave the lower-skilled workers unemployed instead.

Tariffs and tough anti-immigration laws purportedly protect American citizens - poor, lower-skilled individuals in particular - from the unfair competition of cheap foreigners. Instead, it drives businesses to other countries or raises prices on products, burdens which weigh much more heavily on the poor.

Drug prohibition is intended to help rid the streets of dangers, particularly in lower-income neighborhoods; instead, outrageous numbers of poor people are incarcerated (or worse) for non-violent activity.

The Welfare State, which supposedly functions as a safety net for individuals in unfortunate circumstances by providing them assistance (mostly financial), is not only wasteful and corrupt when run through the bureaucratic, palm-greasing sausage-factory that is the state - it also has been shown to function as an impediment in allowing the downtrodden to escape from the cycle of poverty and dependence.

And then there is war itself, that definitionally destructive and deadly effort, which recruits heavily in poorer communities (the military billboards and recruiting offices in the neighborhoods near me are innumerable) as a way to give poor kids an alternative to gangs and a means to pay for higher education. Yet, in too many cases, it simply offers them death. There are conflicting reports as to whether the composition of military personnel is dominated by recruits from lower-income homes, but it seems at least anecdotally evident that there is a concerted effort to help the poor by offering them this opportunity.

Put frankly: government is no friend of the poor.

Click on the above link for further links and references.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #453 of 693
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well now we're getting into how do you define what's human?

No. But you are, apparently.

Quote:

Most people say that what sets us apart is self awareness. Now it's been proven that animals have a degree of selfwareness but not to the same degree as a human. The human fetus goes through many stages before becoming human enough to be capable of being selfaware so I'd say it's much later than conception. Until then it's really not much different than any other kind of fetus. And at the early stages not much more than tissue with potential.

No. The fetus is a life...not a fully developed human life, or a life that can sustain itself without its mother, but a life nonetheless. It's not just a body part or mass of tissue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I'm not going to get involved in your diversionary dick measuring contest. I'm glad that you think your church is helpful. Of course, if it promotes scientific ignorance, the harm it causes society must also be balanced by whatever assistance it provides.

Nice veiled attack on his faith. You don't know anything about his church and what it promotes. So STFU.

Quote:
Furthermore, if that assistance comes with strings attached--sermons, pressure to join, et cetera--that help is of the self-serving variety...not out of a feeling of obligation to society, but out of prosthelytization.

So the church says "we're not going to help you unless you sit here and listen to our sales pitch?" Man...you really ARE ignorant.

Quote:

So please, keep it in your pants, MJ. When government uses the threat of violence to redistribute private resources to feed the hungry and heal the sick, that's a terrible society to argue for. Stop pretending that the government is Christ like.

TFTFY
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #454 of 693
Thread Starter 
Back on topic: So far, Romney and Newt are having a good debate, with Romney being more clear and articulate. Santorum is imploding and getting booed. Paul is his normal principled, but erratic self.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #455 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No. But you are, apparently.



No. The fetus is a life...not a fully developed human life, or a life that can sustain itself without its mother, but a life nonetheless. It's not just a body part or mass of tissue.



Nice veiled attack on his faith. You don't know anything about his church and what it promotes. So STFU.



So the church says "we're not going to help you unless you sit here and listen to our sales pitch?" Man...you really ARE ignorant.



TFTFY

Quote:
No. The fetus is a life...not a fully developed human life, or a life that can sustain itself without its mother, but a life nonetheless. It's not just a body part or mass of tissue.

A fetus goes through a number of changes where it can become anything. As a matter of fact a human fetus has many attributes of other animals as it progresses to maturity. But right after conception it's just a cell with some potential. Now if you can't argue your point with logic quit pretending you can.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #456 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Back on topic: So far, Romney and Newt are having a good debate, with Romney being more clear and articulate. Santorum is imploding and getting booed. Paul is his normal principled, but erratic self.

They're all jokers and I really hope they keep talking because the more they say the more they lose.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #457 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

A fetus goes through a number of changes where it can become anything.

Wow. This is novel. Let's go with it.

Really? Anything? Like what? A cat? A fish? A flower? What can it become? Is there any evidence that a human fetus has ever matured into anything but a human-being?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Now if you can't argue your point with logic quit pretending you can.

Oh God the irony.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #458 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Wow. This is novel. Let's go with it.

Really? Anything? Like what? A cat? A fish? A flower? What can it become? Is there any evidence that a human fetus has ever matured into anything but a human-being?




Oh God the irony.

You're not any better. You make statements but then are afraid to let anyone know where you stand. Come on tell me logically what you believe ( without all the obfuscation ) on this subject.......if you can.

http://www.spuc.org.uk/education/abo...an-development

Quote:
"foetus has started to acquire a sentient capacity perhaps as early as six weeks, certainly by nine to ten weeks of gestation. Anatomical examination of such foetuses indicates the probability that differentiation sufficient for reception, transmission and perception of primitive pain sensation has already occurred."11

That sounds like it doesn't have sentient capabilty before that. Before that it's just tissue with potential.

Quote:
Does a Fetus Have a Social Identity?

A big part of what makes us human beings is our ability to participate in society, or at least be recognized as a member of society. Fetuses are excluded both by necessity and custom. There can be no meaningful social participation for someone cocooned inside another's body. Fetuses do not even have a social identity, since names are not officially bestowed until after birth. In fact, a birth certificate marks the first legal recognition of a person's existence. And fetuses are generally not given ritualized burials when miscarried or aborted. It is quite telling that the death of a newborn infant is much more of a crushing blow to parents than an early miscarriage. People simply place a higher social value on infants than fetuses, and this convention is ingrained in our culture and history.

In earlier times, even infants may not have been valued members of the society yet. Infanticide has been a common practice throughout history as a way to select for healthy, wanted babies, and conserve scarce resources for the rest of the tribe. The human species is estimated to have killed 10 to 15 percent of its born children13. Plus, infant mortality rates from natural causes were so high that babies were often not officially welcomed into the community until months or even years after birth, when their survival was more assured14. Of course, this is not an advocacy of infanticide. I'm simply saying that personhood, or the point at which one becomes an "official" human being, is a value judgment made by society according to social custom and necessity. It is a social construction incapable of empirical proof. Generally, modern industrialized societies find birth to be the most convenient and logical place to assign personhood, because that's where a person starts an independent existence, but perhaps also because of our low infant mortality rates. Even so, babies do not have an established social identity to the same degree as older children or adults, probably because of their still-undeveloped human abilities and potential.




Quote:
Is a Fetus a Human Being Physically?

The normal meaning of human being implies a physical body of a certain size and shape with common attributes (excepting disabilities). Early embryonic forms do not share basic commonalities that define us as human beings. For example, zygotes and blastocysts are barely visible to the naked eye and have no bodies, brains, skeleton, or internal organs. Are they materially substantial enough to count as human beings? Fetuses cannot breath or make sounds, and they cannot see or be seen (except by shadowy ultrasound). They absorb nourishment and expel waste via an umbilical cord and placenta, not via a mouth and anus as do all other human beings. Further, fetuses are not just miniature babies. At various stages, fetuses have eyes on stalks, notochords (instead of spines), fish-like gills, tails, downy fur, distorted torsos, spindly legs, giant heads, and alien-looking faces. In fact, an early human fetus is practically indistinguishable in appearance from a dog or pig fetus. Finally, the fetal brain is not yet capable of conscious thought and memory (which aren't fully actualized until two or three years after birth). But our complex brains are what set us apart from animals and define us as human beings. The brain is the seat of personhood15.

Considering that the early fetus does not even look recognizably human, cannot engage in normal human perception or thought, and does not have the most basic human body functions, can we call it a human being?

Of course, there are striking physical similarities between a fetus and a newborn, such as well-developed hands and feet at a relatively early stage, and the overall structural form. As birth approaches, a fetus looks more and more like a newborn, until there is no significant difference by about 30 weeks gestation. But anti-choicers focus exclusively on these similarities, while ignoring the differences. For example, a hugely popular anti-choice photograph shows the perfectly formed, tiny feet of a 10-week old fetus held gently between someone's thumb and forefinger. There is no sign of the rest of the early fetus, which barely looks human at all. Anti-choicers try not to use pictures of embryos and early fetuses precisely because they look far less human than later ones (when they do, they usually enlarge them to make the embryo or fetus look the same size as a baby). Even the more commonly-used photos of later-term fetuses tend to deliberately shield from view anything that detracts from human-like qualities, such as the placenta or the oddly-shaped torso. (Also, women and their uteruses are completely erased from all such pictures.)16





http://www.abortionaccess.info/fetusperson.htm

Tell me something different logically if you can.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #459 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You're not any better. You make statements but then are afraid to let anyone know where you stand. Come on tell me logically what you believe ( without all the obfuscation ) on this subject.......if you can.

Let's start again. You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac

A fetus goes through a number of changes where it can become anything.

I then asked a couple of straightforward easily answerable questions:

Really? Anything? Like what? A cat? A fish? A flower? What can it become? Is there any evidence that a human fetus has ever matured into anything but a human-being?

Will you be answering these questions against your claim?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #460 of 693
Given that you don't care to understand the science of evolution, you have no standing to make any biological argument or participate in any biological debate. Please recuse yourself.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #461 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Given that you don't care to understand the science of evolution, you have no standing to make any biological argument or participate in any biological debate. Please recuse yourself.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #462 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Let's start again. You said:



I then asked a couple of straightforward easily answerable questions:

Really? Anything? Like what? A cat? A fish? A flower? What can it become? Is there any evidence that a human fetus has ever matured into anything but a human-being?

Will you be answering these questions against your claim?

Quote:
originally posted by jimmac : Come on tell me logically what you believe ( without all the obfuscation ) on this subject.......if you can

Well. I guess you couldn't. Thank you for clarifying that fact.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #463 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well. I guess you couldn't. Thank you for clarifying that fact.

So you're not going to support this claim you've made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac

A fetus goes through a number of changes where it can become anything.

?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #464 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So you're not going to support this claim you've made:



?

Read above.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #465 of 693
See, if he doesn't explicitly state his claims, they can't be logically blown apart for the flimsy houses of cards they are. And for all his talk of reason and logic, he still believes in a magic benevolent sky daddy who somehow stands by and just watches Africans die in terrible ways by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, not lifting an omnipotent finger to do anything about it.

Remember, he also loves you so much that if you don't believe in him, he'll TORTURE YOU ETERNALLY. That's true love.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #466 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

See, if he doesn't explicitly state his claims, they can't be logically blown apart for the flimsy houses of cards they are.

Exactly.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #467 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Read above.

So, no.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #468 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

See, if he doesn't explicitly state his claims, they can't be logically blown apart for the flimsy houses of cards they are. And for all his talk of reason and logic, he still believes in a magic benevolent sky daddy who somehow stands by and just watches Africans die in terrible ways by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, not lifting an omnipotent finger to do anything about it.

And yet jimmac has stated a very specific claim, but refuses to support it.




P.S. For the record: I stated my specific claim earlier in this thread (that human life begins at conception) and provided several points of fact in support of that claim.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #469 of 693
To defuse this dick measuring contest that again MJ wants to get involved in...

Jimmac, MJ, PM me your answers to each other's questions. I will post them simultaneously and in alphabetical order by first name. Thus, no one will know who caved first. I will only post when I have received both. No one has to lose face.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #470 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So, no.

I knew it Obfuscation

Rather than admit he's wrong he hides behind smoke and mirrors.


Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #471 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I knew it Obfuscation



Look back in the thread. I stated my claim and the facts that I believe support it.

Now you've stated a specific claim and continue to avoid supporting this claim.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #472 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

To defuse this dick measuring contest that again MJ wants to get involved in...

Jimmac, MJ, PM me your answers to each other's questions. I will post them simultaneously and in alphabetical order by first name. Thus, no one will know who caved first. I will only post when I have received both. No one has to lose face.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #473 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Look back in the thread. I stated my claim and the facts that I believe support it.

Now you've stated a specific claim and continue to avoid supporting this claim.


Quote:
Look back in the thread. I stated my claim and the facts that I believe support it.

Show me where. You seem to find it easy to ignore the facts I listed on this very page.


I guess you can't read as I've already posted the explaination and highlighted it in red.

Color blind also I guess.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #474 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Show me where. You seem to find it easy to ignore the facts I listed on this very page.


I guess you can't read as I've already posted the explaination and highlighted it in red.

Color blind also I guess.

I dont' see anything in what you posted that shows that a human fetus has ever matured into anything but a human being.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #475 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I dont' see anything in what you posted that shows that a human fetus has ever matured into anything but a human being.

Sigh! This is what I said :
Quote:
A fetus goes through a number of changes where it can become anything.

As the aricle states at certain stages the human fetus is " indistinguishable in appearance from a dog or pig fetus ". That's because of evolution which I suppose you don't believe in either ( not that you'd admit it openly ).

Please refrain from misquoting me in the future.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #476 of 693
That seems to be MJ's contention...his misrepresentation of what Uimmac was saying.

In other words, he is shouting this from the rooftop:

PROVE TO ME MY MISUNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU SAID!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #477 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

That seems to be MJ's contention...his misrepresentation of what Uimmac was saying.

In other words, he is shouting this from the rooftop:

PROVE TO ME MY MISUNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU SAID!

Can you say obfuscation?

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #478 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sigh! This is what I said :

Please refrain from misquoting me in the future.

I'm not entirely sure you are 100% correct there, though again admittedly biology is not my field of expertise. What do you mean by it could become anything?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #479 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sigh! This is what I said :

As the aricle states at certain stages the human fetus is " indistinguishable in appearance from a dog or pig fetus ". That's because of evolution which I suppose you don't believe in either ( not that you'd admit it openly ).

Please refrain from misquoting me in the future.

And I asked you for any evidence or example of a human fetus ever having become something other than a human?

You claim it can become anything. But is there any evidence that it ever has become anything but a human?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #480 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

And I asked you for any evidence or example of a human fetus ever having become something other than a human?

You claim it can become anything. But is there any evidence that it ever has become anything but a human?

Here's what you really said about my statement :
Quote:
Really? Anything? Like what? A cat? A fish? A flower? What can it become? Is there any evidence that a human fetus has ever matured into anything but a human-being?

Which is of course not even close to what I said. Obfuscation.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney for President