or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney for President

Mitt Romney for President - Page 18

post #681 of 693
If the Democrats were concerned about debt, they would produce an actual budget.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #682 of 693
I'm not concerned with either. Too many years of Republican rule telling me over and over and over that the debt is inconsequential.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #683 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Be serious. Bush incited ridicule. Literally. Mention his name overseas and people literally laugh, knowingly. Obama does not. Some people say they are disappointed. No one laughs. That shows a difference in the level of respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8SKa0M#t=2065s

The t=2065s at the end starts it at the appropriate place. It's like one or two sentences in from there.

I still don't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

What's just as hilarious is Democrats concerned with deficits when they were $400B but not at all when they're $1.2T.

Exactly. Secondly, I'm not aware of many Republicans claiming debt doesn't matter. What I said when we were running $200-400 billion deficits was that they were regrettable and we should work to reduce/eliminate them. But those deficits were sustainable for some time. Trillion+ dollar deficits are not.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #684 of 693
The anti-war government nig...guh....pause...complete change of thought.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #685 of 693
Quote:

It must be fun to be so dishonest. Do you think this actually helps your case?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #686 of 693
The Republican "a-team" were too smart to run in this election, they know Obama will be a 2-termer. Here's hoping for President Ryan and his budget in 2016.
post #687 of 693
Quote:

I see it. You're kidding, right?
post #688 of 693

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #689 of 693
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oMp98aM-Svg

That sums things up pretty nicely.

Do you actually attempt to ingest any sort of information that isn't a sarcastic infographic, a faux news show, or outright mockery anymore?

post #690 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The Republican "a-team" were too smart to run in this election, they know Obama will be a 2-termer. Here's hoping for President Ryan and his budget in 2016.

Nice budget the a-team Ryan has-

"Says Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget "roadmap … doesn't balance the budget until the 2060s and … adds an unthinkable $62 trillion to the national debt between now and then."
~ http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...cations-paul-/
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #691 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Nice budget the a-team Ryan has-

"Says Rep. Paul Ryans budget "roadmap doesn't balance the budget until the 2060s and adds an unthinkable $62 trillion to the national debt between now and then."
~ http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...cations-paul-/

Yes, a budget that cuts trillions is FAR worse than one that continues adding debt at an unreal pace.

Or one that doesn't exist.
post #692 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yes, a budget that cuts trillions is FAR worse than one that continues adding debt at an unreal pace.

Or one that doesn't exist.

Keep adding more debt with wars we do not need.Republicans love those wars!
post #693 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Keep adding more debt with wars we do not need.Republicans love those wars!

1. The wars are not the main driver of the debt. In fact, the total cost of the Iraq war for 10 years is less than our current annual budget deficit.

2. These have been Democratic war for 3 years. Democrats continued to fund them from 207-2011 when they controlled Congress.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney for President