or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Hands, Mumbo, please tell me England is not like this.

Hands, Mumbo, please tell me England is not like this.

post #1 of 6
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2623...experience.htm

I'm not as disturbed by this sick woman's tirade, which can happen anywhere, as much as I am deeply disturbed by the comments on the article. This is simply disgusting. I will leave further comment for later.

Actually, it seems like many of those heinous comments are coming from the States. What the fuck is wrong with people?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2623...experience.htm

I'm not as disturbed by this sick woman's tirade, which can happen anywhere, as much as I am deeply disturbed by the comments on the article. This is simply disgusting. I will leave further comment for later.

Actually, it seems like many of those heinous comments are coming from the States. What the fuck is wrong with people?

I've only been to York in England since I moved back here, but hear London is much more ethnic than it was, as are other parts.

I've not seen anything like that in the video myself, and Edinburgh is much less racially diverse than London.

There is definitely a growing unease with the endless influx of these people and they aren't welcome amongst many and for many reasons. A lot of people don't see them as caring one bit about the British. They see them come here, try and exploit the country and have no allegiance to it whatsoever, and that troubles me too.

Personally, I think it's a mix of good and bad, hate and caring, but patience with them even amongst people who were once all open arms, seems to be at an all time low and getting worse.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #3 of 6
Quote:

They probably can't import a bunch of Filipinos to exploit and deny rights to while complaining about racism around the world so they are probably grumpy.

Are you seriously saying that racism in Hong Kong is any better because that would be a delusional statement. Asian countries have profound levels of racism.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

They probably can't import a bunch of Filipinos to exploit and deny rights to while complaining about racism around the world so they are probably grumpy.

Are you seriously saying that racism in Hong Kong is any better because that would be a delusional statement. Asian countries have profound levels of racism.

I'm not comparing it to Hong Kong, Nick. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And there are more Indonesian helpers these days than Filipinos.

You do have a point that I've raised very strongly, especially with recent news with the right of abode issue, which caused the "Liberal" faction in Hong Kong to lose important government seats in the recent election. The Chinese here are racist. It's true. The government also manipulated numbers to make it appear that the impact of allowing ROA applications for helpers would be greater than it really would be.

But there certainly aren't people spewing their hatred openly, in public, or even saying online or otherwise that their race is SUPERIOR to any other, and that others are inferior like animals, the way the fuckheads on the link were saying.

For my part, I volunteer at a human rights organization here, as I've mentioned before, and I've been a member of paid staff once upon a time. This organization receives most of its funding from the US Government via the NED, a program which I oppose. I don't support the NED, even though they support the organization to which I belong and give my time.

What do you there in the States to do your part to end racism, Nick? And do you think those comments on the article I linked to are generally acceptable? Were the woman's remarks in the video generally acceptable?
post #5 of 6
Quote:

I'm not comparing it to Hong Kong, Nick. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And there are more Indonesian helpers these days than Filipinos.

Glad you took note of the help and who they happen to be. The point is you are comparing because you claim certain comments or actions are exclusive to certain type of people. They aren't. Some hide it better. Some show it a different way but there's no one lock on in terms of people, place or party on perfection or hatred.

Quote:
You do have a point that I've raised very strongly, especially with recent news with the right of abode issue, which caused the "Liberal" faction in Hong Kong to lose important government seats in the recent election. The Chinese here are racist. It's true. The government also manipulated numbers to make it appear that the impact of allowing ROA applications for helpers would be greater than it really would be.

But there certainly aren't people spewing their hatred openly, in public, or even saying online or otherwise that their race is SUPERIOR to any other, and that others are inferior like animals, the way the fuckheads on the link were saying.

They certainly aren't in front of you but that doesn't mean they aren't doing it. I mean you are part of that 5% of the population that is not ethnic Chinese and you are white. I haven't done a thesis on the ethnic Chinese and their views of every race but they certainly place themselves at the top and begrudgingly keep whites as equals to superiors with the view that if they are superior, it is a temporary blip and things will resume their natural course soon. So they might not express it towards you because you are not Chinese but you also are not inferior in their minds.

Perhaps you need to take a ethnic Chinese friend down to a place where the 5% would be the 99% which is what it appears this woman had happening to her on what looks like public transit. Stick someone you suspect might harbor such views in a room where they are cheek to cheek (as in butt cheek) with a bunch of dark skinned Filipinos and see what sort of insensitive things wander out fo their mouths.

Quote:
For my part, I volunteer at a human rights organization here, as I've mentioned before, and I've been a member of paid staff once upon a time. This organization receives most of its funding from the US Government via the NED, a program which I oppose. I don't support the NED, even though they support the organization to which I belong and give my time.

I'm interested in hearing your objections to the NED.

Quote:
What do you there in the States to do your part to end racism, Nick? And do you think those comments on the article I linked to are generally acceptable? Were the woman's remarks in the video generally acceptable?

I graduated from a CSULB. It's diversity record speaks for itself. I had both my boys attend school in a dual-immersion and bi-cultural school. My rentals and business operate in a non-discriminatory manner. I work helping almost exclusively minority populations and finally even you know about my Kiva micro-lending.

As to whether it is acceptable or not, free speech to me means it ought not be a crime. I believe life has it's own consequences for such actions and good outcomes by her will be missed due to her not making herself available to all the talents and opportunities out there.

post #6 of 6
If you tried that in London, you'd be in serious trouble in minutes.

The fact that it's news is because most people are revolted by it.

I hope.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Hands, Mumbo, please tell me England is not like this.