or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Transfer contacts from iPhone to iMac address book

Transfer contacts from iPhone to iMac address book  

post #1 of 4
I know there has to be an easy way, but I am replacing my iPhone and I want all of my contacts from my phone in my Address book on my mac as well as on my new phone.
How can I export/import them easily.
post #2 of 4
It's not a very sophisticated question, I know, but can someone help?
post #3 of 4
You can sync them in iTunes by opening the info tab when your iPhone is selected and checking the box that says Sync Address Book Contacts. Make sure that the checkboxes at the bottom about replacing info on the phone are unchecked. Then hit apply and it will start to sync. When the dialog comes up about whether you should replace contacts on the phone or if it's synced with another account, click Merge Info and it will pull all contacts from the phone and copy them into your Address Book so that both have the same contacts list.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadreisle View Post

It's not a very sophisticated question, I know, but can someone help?

You should just be able to connect the iPhone to the iMac via the USB cable. iTunes should detect the iPhone immediately, and start the sync. I use Windows on my computers, iPhone syncs right away via iTunes. It should be even easier with a Mac.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Transfer contacts from iPhone to iMac address book