or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple promotes The Beatles with ad, free iBook; Samsung again mocks iPhone users
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple promotes The Beatles with ad, free iBook; Samsung again mocks iPhone users - Page 4

post #121 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I never mentioned that they were attacking all cellphone users.

I was breaking down why the ad works.

Quote:
Here's the quote so that you can re-read it:

"insult some of the same customers that they are trying to attract."

Reread my post, they aren't the same customers. Not by a long shot.

Quote:
You reckon an ad showing potential iPhone purchasers in a line to buy an iPhone being shown the features of an Android phone are actually aimed at Android users?

You could word that sentence more clearly.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #122 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I was breaking down why the ad works.


Reread my post, they aren't the same customers. Not by a long shot.


You could word that sentence more clearly.

Actually, you were attempting to break down your opinion of why you think the ad works. I, however, believe it does not.

As I mentioned before, if you think iPhone purchasers, in an iPhone line, being shown an Android phone, isn't a attempt to woo customers from Apple to Samsung/Android, while at the same time making fun of them, then you have, as I said, a really innovative type of logic.

That's interesting to see that you interpret your inability to understand as an issue on my end. Want me to go all Dick and Jane for you?

Who's going to be posting that list of Samsung's innovations?

That seems to be taking a long time to organise...
post #123 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Actually, Tallest Skil is correct.

Samsung latest advertisements insult some of the same customers that they are trying to attract.

Mocking people who wait in lines, serve coffee, and are creative has nothing to do with these products being 'just phones'.

Get over yourself! They are 'just phones'

The Samsung ad is a poignant reminder of just how easy it is to become one of these massive wankers that obsess over the image they are trying to portray based on the tech they buy.

If a person actually feels "insulted" by these ads they need to take a long hard look at themselves!
post #124 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Actually, you were attempting to break down your opinion of why you think the ad works. I, however, believe it does not.

As I mentioned before, if you think iPhone purchasers, in an iPhone line, being shown an Android phone, isn't a attempt to woo customers from Apple to Samsung/Android, while at the same time making fun of them, then you have, as I said, a really innovative type of logic.

To be clear you think Samsung's goal is to address the ad to a few fanatical Apple customers and then make fun of them yet somehow this is suppose to persuade them to buy a Samsung device? You're delusional! Again, this ad is making a joke. Reductio ad absurdum.

You keep failing to realize Samsung's first-tier competition are other OEMs selling Android-based devices, not Apple. Those who want an Android-based device will not be choosing an iPhone or a Nokia. They will be choosing something from vendors that sell Android installed on their devices. This is their target. There message isn't hidden. There message isn't subversive.

You've made up some scenario in your head. You think because a Samsung user in the ad is showing the device to a fanatic standing in line for an iPhone that Samsung must be targeting iPhone users.That's just an absurd observation. If you still think that is true then I regret to inform you that Justin Long isn't really a Mac.

Quote:
That's interesting to see that you interpret your inability to understand as an issue on my end. Want me to go all Dick and Jane for you?

You don't understand marketing. If you did you wouldn't be making these silly comments.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #125 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Get over yourself! They are 'just phones'

The Samsung ad is a poignant reminder of just how easy it is to become one of these massive wankers that obsess over the image they are trying to portray based on the tech they buy.

If a person actually feels "insulted" by these ads they need to take a long hard look at themselves!

You've missed the point again.

Having never lined for an Apple product, the ad itself doesn't worry me at all. But I strongly disagree with the idea of belittling people because they are passionate about something.

And the Samsung ad isn't a 'poignant' anything. It's an attempt to sell you a phone so they can make money. Unless of course, you're agreeing with my earlier statement about it's references to people who purchase iPhones?

Why is it taking you guys so long to come up with a list of Samsung innovations? As an appreciator of Apple products I could have rattled off a shitload by now.

If you're going to troll these forums telling us how great Samsung and Android is, at least be convincing. Otherwise we're going to start thinking you're here just because mummy and daddy didn't love you enough!
post #126 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

To be clear you think Samsung's goal is to address the ad to a few fanatical Apple customers and then make fun of them yet somehow this is suppose to persuade them to buy a Samsung device? You're delusional! Again, this ad is making a joke. Reductio ad absurdum.

You keep failing to realize Samsung's first-tier competition are other OEMs selling Android-based devices, not Apple. Those who want an Android-based device will not be choosing an iPhone or a Nokia. They will be choosing something from vendors that sell Android installed on their devices. This is their target. There message isn't hidden. There message isn't subversive.

You've made up some scenario in your head. You think because a Samsung user in the ad is showing the device to a fanatic standing in line for an iPhone that Samsung must be targeting iPhone users.That's just an absurd observation. If you still think that is true then I regret to inform you that Justin Long isn't really a Mac.


You don't understand marketing. If you did you wouldn't be making these silly comments.

I never said squat about Samsung's goals. I was referring to their advertisements. Try not to put words in other people's mouths.

I'm delusional?

I'm glad to see that psychology and marketing are the other chinks in your belt besides master salesmanship and being a comedian.
post #127 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

I could set home screen whatever I like... This is huge advantage over iPhones.... It is pitty that you Iphone 4 users can not use Siri. But I get bored with it quite soon and come back to my own setting....Sure I had also battery issue...I am a happy Sammy customer.

I'd guess a happy Korean paid by Samsung to come on these forums and be "a happy Sammy customer".

Don't waste your time. People who buy Apple don't want cheap imitation Korean junk. Sounds cruel but the truth hurts.
post #128 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

what's a killing app?

The app that special force snipers can install on their iPhone to automatically calculate aim point based on local temperature, wind, humidity and other factors.
post #129 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

But I strongly disagree with the idea of belittling people because they are passionate about something.

Well we finally agree! Luckily Samsung is only mocking the fanatical wankers so I can still have a laugh without offending my morals.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Why is it taking you guys so long to come up with a list of Samsung innovations? As an appreciator of Apple products I could have rattled off a shitload by now.

Hang on... you want to have a checkpoint list battle with people to prove to them why the device that you bought is so much better than the device that they bought?

Have you learnt nothing from the Samsung ads!?!?
post #130 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I'm glad to see that psychology and marketing are the other chinks in your belt besides master salesmanship and being a comedian.

I hope he doesn't get too many chinks in his belt or his pants might fall down!
post #131 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Well we finally agree! Luckily Samsung is only mocking the fanatical wankers so I can still have a laugh without offending my morals.




Hang on... you want to have a checkpoint list battle with people to prove to them why the device that you bought is so much better than the device that they bought?

Have you learnt nothing from the Samsung ads!?!?

I guess that's one way of looking at things.

Personally, I consider these type of people passionate, and thank God for passionate people!

It's these people that generally create all the really cool shit that we use in our lives on a day-to-day basis.

I'm not interested in a checkpoint battle list. I have already owned products from both sides of the fence, so I have a pretty good idea.

However, Samsung have repeatedly referred to how innovative they are. There are obviously some Samsung fans on this forum, and I wanted to hear your thoughts on this claim. However, so far it's been a bit of a non-event, hasn't it?

Not a single post on a single feature.

That, in itself, speaks volumes.

On a personal note, I am curious as to why you, who are obvious passionate about your particularly chosen product, spend so much time on this board. This is a genuine question which I would like to hear the answer to, as I am curious.

There isn't an Apple-lover inside you wanting to break out, is there?
post #132 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Personally, I consider these type of people passionate, and thank God for passionate people!

Are you talking "in general" about the people that line up for Apple products or about the people from the ad? I'm talking about the Samsung ad... I'm not so sure you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

However, Samsung have repeatedly referred to how innovative they are. There are obviously some Samsung fans on this forum, and I wanted to hear your thoughts on this claim.

I'm not even anywhere remotely close to being a Samsung fan. I've never owned a Samsung phone and I can't see myself getting one anytime soon.

I do like their latest 8000 series TV... but that's kind of irrelevant.

My point is, I'm not the man to answer those questions for you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

There isn't an Apple-lover inside you wanting to break out, is there?

Now you sound like someone from the Samsung ad!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple promotes The Beatles with ad, free iBook; Samsung again mocks iPhone users