or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple promotes The Beatles with ad, free iBook; Samsung again mocks iPhone users

Apple promotes The Beatles with ad, free iBook; Samsung again mocks iPhone users - Page 3

post #81 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Samsung Galaxy S II, photo via Cnet.
Samsung won back a small victory against Apple this month when an Australian court reversed an injunction against its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. The device is expected to go on sale in the country early next week.

Apple should simply note in their ads some Samsung Galaxy S II features ?

Like significantly less pixels in that bigger screen.
Or the forward camera lens positioned where fingers are likely to cover it.
Samsung is short changing their customers, but they say they are giving more !

post #82 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Plenty enough to profitably support a gigantic national TV advertisement campaign.

Most people laugh at Apple fans.

Somehow, considering the amount of time you spend posting on a forum of a product that you hate, I strongly suspect you don't get out much and probably don't know 'most people'...
If you're going to be original, then you can count on being copied.
post #83 of 132
A funny thing happened the other day at Best Buy. I was looking at 60+ inch TV's, as I am considering replacing an older one in our Rec Room/Theater. I looked at a Samsung, then a Sharp, and an LG I believe. Just because of stuff like this, I lean more to the NON Samsung TV's. And, there is NO freakin way I would wait in a line outside an Apple store. (I would try to buy it online instead)
post #84 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

They should be mocked, ridiculed and their pathetic OS should be treated like the garbage that it is.

I think it would be more appropriate to mock or ridicule the Android OS rather than the people who buy it. Remember the Mac/PC ads? PC users were NOT mocked. Samsung it attacking iPhone users directly and this shows Samsung's lack of moral centred values.
post #85 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post

A funny thing happened the other day at Best Buy. I was looking at 60+ inch TV's, as I am considering replacing an older one in our Rec Room/Theater. I looked at a Samsung, then a Sharp, and an LG I believe. Just because of stuff like this, I lean more to the NON Samsung TV's. And, there is NO freakin way I would wait in a line outside an Apple store. (I would try to buy it online instead)

Good on you!

I highly recommend everybody re-evaluate any future Samsung purchases.

Feel free to mention it here, other forums, and everywhere else.

And if you happen to be a barista that has Samsung employees in your shop on a regular basis, you know what to do...
post #86 of 132
Quote:

No, you should get a Samsung because if you want the iPhone you will be similar to a pack of ignorant weirdos.

Hold on. On the one hand you said that "Apple is as mainstream as it gets" but on the other hand you say Apple users are "weirdos". Make up your mind, are we mainstream or weirdos or mainstream weirdos? Either way, we're not users of cheap imitation Korean junk.
post #87 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroTech View Post

I think it would be more appropriate to mock or ridicule the Android OS rather than the people who buy it. Remember the Mac/PC ads? PC users were NOT mocked. Samsung it attacking iPhone users directly and this shows Samsung's lack of moral centred values.

I'll definitely wait in line for the next big Apple release (not for days, but for five or six hours no problem). Those things have a party atmosphere and sometimes the managers even supply you with free coffee and food. The last one was a great laugh. Well worth the wait and I met some cool people. The iPhone 5 release should be a good one. So hurry up Apple!
post #88 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Somehow, considering the amount of time you spend posting on a forum of a product that you hate, I strongly suspect you don't get out much and probably don't know 'most people'...

I agree with this logic. There has to be something wrong with a person who burns calories fighting anything they profess to not care about. I'm not a New York Yankees fan, but I'm not going to a Yankees forum and trash talking the Yankees and their fans. That seems entirely counterproductive to me. If you don't like something, fine, but don't spend precious minutes of your life railing against something. Find something you like and support it.

This is an Apple site, people come here because they like Apple and want to know what's going on in the Apple world. The incessant rants of the anti-Apple that come here aren't going to win anyone over.
post #89 of 132
Quote:

Exactly. Apple's ads mocked the products, not the customers. HUGE difference there. Samsung's ads are condescending to customers, at the very least.
post #90 of 132
Quote:

And if you happen to be a barista that has Samsung employees in your shop on a regular basis, you know what to do...

Yeah... Show them how creative you can be.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #91 of 132
Quote:

I did point out in a later post in this thread that Apple never did mock any users in any of their ads.

I agree that Apple shouldn't mock any users in their ads, but luckily there are people like me around, and even though certain Apple fans might object to my tactics, I have no problems with viciously mocking and ridiculing those users, and I suppose that I will continue to do so. I am not a pubic corporation and I don't have to live by the same standards and moral code that they might have to, and I don't have to worry about my bottom line or any loss of profits.
post #92 of 132
You got the big part right, most of my friends that have them say that the screen is way to wide and it feels weird in your hand! I have played with a few of the phones and I can personally say that Apple simply runs smoother ! No one can beat it I don't care what Samsung puts on their commercials !
post #93 of 132
SamsungMaking Great Ideas Worse.
post #94 of 132
It is obvious from their duplicate home screen, icons, functionality to swipe between home screens, their rip-off method to tell which home screen you're on, the fact that they HAVE a home screen just like the iPhone, and the placement being the same on pretty much everything -- Samsung lacks creativity on pretty much every level. However, I am somewhat glad that they are targeting Apple. As much as I love Apple, they have often had a tendency to put their customers into a box with limited options and features (ie. the refusal to have a two button mouse, or remember the hockey-puck mouse?; the refusal to standardize ports; the strange behaviors of expose and spaces in Lion.

Assuming Samsung doesn't just totally get shot down in these lawsuits (which I really wouldn't be opposed to either; rip-off companies deserve to be shot down) I would very much enjoy seeing Samsung actually come up with a few things that give their customers MORE freedom, and then watch Apple try to up their game.
Always remember..wherever you go, there you are.
Always remember..wherever you go, there you are.
post #95 of 132
Quote:

Tell them that you cannot use a Samsung phone because you are "a creative"?

post #96 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Hold on. On the one hand you said that "Apple is as mainstream as it gets" but on the other hand you say Apple users are "weirdos". Make up your mind, are we mainstream or weirdos or mainstream weirdos? Either way, we're not users of cheap imitation Korean junk.

Read for context. I was paraphrasing the message of the Samsung advertisement.
post #97 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I did point out in a later post in this thread that Apple never did mock any users in any of their ads.

:

Guess you've never seen this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYP1Tjgt1Ao
post #98 of 132
Quote:

Tell them that you cannot use a Samsung phone because you are "a creative"?

I think something trying to be funny got lost in your English grammar.
post #99 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuncyWeb View Post

I would very much enjoy seeing Samsung actually come up with a few things that give their customers MORE freedom, and then watch Apple try to up their game.

It is happening already. Check out he Samsung Galaxy Nexus. No cellphone surpasses its degree of freedom.

post #100 of 132
Quote:

You're assuming that people here like myself have actually watched the Samsung advertisement. Why would I bother? How's that for context?
post #101 of 132
Quote:

It is happening already. Check out he Samsung Galaxy Nexus. No cellphone surpasses its degree of freedom.

Dude is clearly a Samsung Forum Lurk.

Didn't you ever hear of not preaching to the converted KimcheeJoe? You're in the wrong church fella, the Moonies are back in Korea.
post #102 of 132
Quote:

The Google software looks passable, I guess, but the hardware part looks like a cheap imitation of something.
post #103 of 132
Quote:

I actually have, I forgot about that one. I think that Apple learned it's lesson after that.

I believe that it is widely regarded as being not that great of a commercial, it was a flop, which is exactly why Samsung's efforts will fail.
post #104 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

You're assuming that people here like myself have actually watched the Samsung advertisement. Why would I bother?

In order to be informed about the topic upon which you are commenting?

Naw. I guess I'm wrong.

Keep commenting. Don't study up on the subject matter. I'll stop making assumptions about people here like yourself.
post #105 of 132
It is strange that Samsung joyfully shows their pirated OS and phone design in a national TV ad. I would have thought they would be very shy and evasive about showing their illegal product to a wide audience. Law enforcement could be watching (??)
post #106 of 132
Quote:

Oh! We need to check your posts for context now do we?

And here I was checking them for bullshit...
post #107 of 132
Quote:

LOL! This is getting funnier by the moment.

Let me follow your logic, Conrod

1. A quarter of a century ago Apple aired an ad depicting users negatively, which was unsuccessful and, as a result, they never employed that form of advertising again.

2. Samsung likes to copy Apple, so they decide that their best chance of success is do the same.

Did I get that right?

Were you so busy retorting and pasting links, that you failed to recognise the logic that you just pointed out?

Thanks for setting us straight with Samsung.

You're obviously a brilliant guy.

Why are you wasting time on these forums when you could be steering Samsung to success with your powers of logic and clarity of vision?

Perhaps, before you go, you could clear something up with those of us with lesser minds.

Samsung frequently mention their willingness to defend their intellectual property and innovation. Could you quickly run through exactly which innovations that they're referring to?

Inquiring minds would like to know...
post #108 of 132
Quote:

In order to be informed about the topic upon which you are commenting?

Naw. I guess I'm wrong.

Keep commenting. Don't study up on the subject matter. I'll stop making assumptions about people here like yourself.

That's a great point.

Listen up, everybody! Stop being creative and making coffees for a moment, and take note of that:

if you want to be informed, watch Samsung ads.

It's the only successful method.
post #109 of 132
Quote:

Let's see, an iPhone has the ability to make calls, send/receive emails, SMS, browse the internet, read books, listen to music, watch videos, create, read, and edit documents, keep me organised, play games, take photos, record videos, and it's all backed up in the cloud.

Now, let's see, what's missing on that list...

Oh, that's right!

I don't have "freedom".
post #110 of 132
Those Samsung ads are actually funny!

The fact that some people are getting their panties in a bunch over these ads is almost as funny.

Get a sense of humour guys. They're just phones.
post #111 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Get a sense of humour guys. They're just phones.

Completely not the issue.

Food example:

"Hey, check out those anorexics over there drinking beverages with cane sugar in them."

"What complete health freaks! Hey, obsessives! High Fructose Corn Syrup is better! Drink that instead!"

*the two proceed to chug 2% juice products and/or most American sodas*

Religion example:

"Hey, check out those heretics over there believing in [insert religion here]."

"How much more wrong could they possibly be? Hey, blasphemers! Join [insert other religion here]!

*the two proceed to be religious in their own way*

That's the issue. Insulting your customers.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #112 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Food example:

"Hey, check out those anorexics over there drinking beverages with cane sugar in them."

"What complete health freaks! Hey, obsessives! High Fructose Corn Syrup is better! Drink that instead!"

Religion example:

"How much more wrong could they possibly be? Hey, blasphemers! Join [insert other religion here]!

Samsung is not looking for new customers among those who wait in line at Apple stores. There are extremely few such weirdos in the world, especially compared to all the people who buy phones.
post #113 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Food example:
Religion example:

You want to lump phones together with eating disorders and religion? Really?

The real issue is that they are only phones!.

These Samsung ads should be a wake up call. Everyone has been taking this phone "OS war" way too seriously.

So I say again... get a sense of humour guys. They're just phones.
post #114 of 132
Quote:

Let's see, an iPhone has the ability to make calls, send/receive emails, SMS, browse the internet, read books, listen to music, watch videos, create, read, and edit documents, keep me organised, play games, take photos, record videos, and it's all backed up in the cloud.

Now, let's see, what's missing on that list...

Oh, that's right!

I don't have "freedom".

I got a Galaxy Fit from my wife. It is a cheap plastic smart phone. However, after playing for the last two weeks, I can say that it is pretty good. It does all you mentioned. Beleive me.

What I like with this phone is it comes with Android. I could set home screen whatever I like with live wall papers, widgets, applications with fansy icons (you can also have icon packs) and whenever I like. This is huge advantage over Iphones.

Ok, Iphone 4S has improved Speaktoit Assistance, called Siri. You know, it is really fun talking to a Speaktoit lady on Android phone. It is pitty that you Iphone 4 users can not use Siri.

I know it is no Iphone 4S, however there is a fun application called Fake Iphone 4S. Pretty cool, really, just like IPhone 4s. But I get bored with it quite soon and come back to my own setting. I just use that application to show it to Apple users. Really fun, if you know what I mean.

Sure I had also battery issue, but I could google and do things to improve the battery life. I am a happy Sammy customer.
post #115 of 132
Quote:

Samsung is not looking for new customers among those who wait in line at Apple stores. There are extremely few such weirdos in the world, especially compared to all the people who buy phones.

That's it?

That's the best reply you could provide?

Where's your list of Samsung's innovations?

Where's your list of these 'most people' and all the people that you know that buy phones?

Just out of of curiosity, will the next version of the 'Samsung-Galaxy-Google-Nexus-Excite-Hyper-Powerhouse-Uber-Penis Enhancement-Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' come upgraded with twice as much freedom?
post #116 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

I got a Galaxy Fit from my wife. It is a cheap plastic smart phone. However, after playing for the last two weeks, I can say that it is pretty good. It does all you mentioned. Beleive me.

What I like with this phone is it comes with Android. I could set home screen whatever I like with live wall papers, widgets, applications with fansy icons (you can also have icon packs) and whenever I like. This is huge advantage over Iphones.

Ok, Iphone 4S has improved Speaktoit Assistance, called Siri. You know, it is really fun talking to a Speaktoit lady on Android phone. It is pitty that you Iphone 4 users can not use Siri.

I know it is no Iphone 4S, however there is a fun application called Fake Iphone 4S. Pretty cool, really, just like IPhone 4s. But I get bored with it quite soon and come back to my own setting. I just use that application to show it to Apple users. Really fun, if you know what I mean.

Sure I had also battery issue, but I could google and do things to improve the battery life. I am a happy Sammy customer.

That's great that your wife has a Galaxy Fit, and I'm glad that she's happy with it.

And you won't see me wasting hours posting on Android/Samsung forums arguing pointlessly about her and her choice of phone.

However, the same courtesy is not being extended here.

I think you may have missed the point of my post. Conrod believes that 'freedom' is so very important to a cellphone, and I provided an example of how the iPhone provides everything that a user needs. I never said that other phones can't do the same.

You may wish to re-read some of the earlier posts so we can all get all the same page.

Customisation of the UI sounds like a real game-changer. We Apple fans have obviously been missing out on this huge advantage that you mention. Mind you, having seen the 'Toys Are Us' interface of Android, I can't say I blame you for wanting to change it occasionally...

That's great to hear that you're so impressed with Siri that you believe it to be superior to what's on Android. You obviously haven't heard the quote from Google's Andy Rubin: "I dont believe that your phone should be an assistant".

That's also great to hear that some Android users are so impressed with the iPhone that there is a 'fake iPhone 4S' app for it. It's a step in the right direction, I guess...

P.S. Don't mention the defects of your phone when you're trying to convince people that it's better.
post #117 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

You want to lump phones together with eating disorders and religion? Really?

The real issue is that they are only phones!.

These Samsung ads should be a wake up call. Everyone has been taking this phone "OS war" way too seriously.

So I say again... get a sense of humour guys. They're just phones.

Actually, Tallest Skil is correct.

Samsung latest advertisements insult some of the same customers that they are trying to attract.

Mocking people who wait in lines, serve coffee, and are creative has nothing to do with these products being 'just phones'.
post #118 of 132
Quote:

Actually, Tallest Skil is correct.

Samsung latest advertisements insult some of the same customers that they are trying to attract.

Mocking people who wait in lines, serve coffee, and are creative has nothing to do with these products being 'just phones'.

I disagree. They aren't attacking all cellphone users. They aren't even attacking all iPhone users. They are attacking a farcical version of a fanatic, a comically funny character that most will not relate to.

But even if they were attacking all iPhone users it would have little effect on the ad since it's focus isn't to get iPhone users to switch but to get customers who are in the market to buy an Android-based device to choose Samsung over Moto, HTC, et al. They showcase the pros of the device nicely while ignoring its limitations. It's a good ad.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

post #119 of 132
Quote:

That's great that your wife has a Galaxy Fit, and I'm glad that she's happy with it.

And you won't see me wasting hours posting on Android/Samsung forums arguing pointlessly about her and her choice of phone.

However, the same courtesy is not being extended here.

I think you may have missed the point of my post. Conrod believes that 'freedom' is so very important to a cellphone, and I provided an example of how the iPhone provides everything that a user needs. I never said that other phones can't do the same.

You may wish to re-read some of the earlier posts so we can all get all the same page.

Customisation of the UI sounds like a real game-changer. We Apple fans have obviously been missing out on this huge advantage that you mention. Mind you, having seen the 'Toys Are Us' interface of Android, I can't say I blame you for wanting to change it occasionally...

That's great to hear that you're so impressed with Siri that you believe it to be superior to what's on Android. You obviously haven't heard the quote from Google's Andy Rubin: "I don’t believe that your phone should be an assistant".

That's also great to hear that some Android users are so impressed with the iPhone that there is a 'fake iPhone 4S' app for it. It's a step in the right direction, I guess...

P.S. Don't mention the defects of your phone when you're trying to convince people that it's better.

I was resonding to your 'freedom' post.

No, my wife got a white Galaxy Note, that's why got Galaxy Fit from her. She has got more freedom of course. (Her phone will soon be upgraded with ICS as well)
post #120 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I disagree. They aren't attacking all cellphone users. They aren't even attacking all iPhone users. They are attacking a farcical version of a fanatic, a comically funny character that most will not relate to.

But even if they were attacking all iPhone users it would have little effect on the ad since it's focus isn't to get iPhone users to switch but to get customers who are in the market to buy an Android-based device to choose Samsung over Moto, HTC, et al. They showcase the pros of the device nicely while ignoring its limitations. It's a good ad.

I never mentioned that they were attacking all cellphone users.

Here's the quote so that you can re-read it:

"insult some of the same customers that they are trying to attract."

You reckon an ad showing potential iPhone purchasers in a line to buy an iPhone being shown the features of an Android phone are actually aimed at Android users?

That's neat logic.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple promotes The Beatles with ad, free iBook; Samsung again mocks iPhone users