or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Newbie to iPhoto 1.1.1

Newbie to iPhoto 1.1.1

post #1 of 7
Hi,

As you all well know, iPhoto 1.1.1 is now at least ten (10) years old. I just started using it. I've been using Macs since 1989. I use a Power Mac G4; run Mac OS X TIGER 10.4.11. I would like to know if there is a forum for old apps such as iPhoto 1.1.1. I'm kind of a dumb-azz, so the Help section makes no sense to me.

When I open iPhoto, two items appear on the top left-hand side of the window. One is named "Photo Library," and the one below it is named "Last Import." I double-click on each one in turn, but nothing happens. How can I get into those two darn items listed above?

Happy Holidays!!
Angelcuco
post #2 of 7
iPhoto was released in 2002 making iPhoto 1.1.1 somewhat less than 10 years old. In order for something to happen when you click those icons in the iPhoto sidebar, you must have already imported photographs into the application's library. You give no indication of having done this.
post #3 of 7
Wow, iPhoto 1 actually works on Tiger? That's impressive.

Buy iLife '06. eBay or something. Seriously, I can't even find a VERSIONING list for iPhoto (any release), so I can't even tell you if there's a non-paid update you can install.

Not that it would do much of anything to do that. iPhoto 1 is so unimaginably terrible by today's standards.

Maybe if you sort threads here by date earliest to latest and flop around the 2002 threads, you'll find some iPhoto 1 help. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THEM. If you find something helpful but have a question about it, copy the link to that thread and post your questions HERE in THIS thread alongside the link.

Or I could head to the basement and plug in one of our old Bondi Blue iMacs. I think they still have version 1 of the iLife applications on them…

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

iPhoto was released in 2002 making iPhoto 1.1.1 somewhat less than 10 years old. In order for something to happen when you click those icons in the iPhoto sidebar, you must have already imported photographs into the application's library. You give no indication of having done this.

Thank you very much, Mr. Me, for your prompt reply to my issue.
1. I imported two photos from my Sony Camera into iPhoto.
2. I'm not sure, but I think I scanned two photos into iPhoto. You see, I couldn't find the scanned photos. I just think they were imported into iPhoto.

Angelcuco
post #5 of 7
Thank you Tallest Skil. Perhaps you might direct me to a iPhoto 1.1.1 tutorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wow, iPhoto 1 actually works on Tiger? That's impressive.

Buy iLife '06. eBay or something. Seriously, I can't even find a VERSIONING list for iPhoto (any release), so I can't even tell you if there's a non-paid update you can install.

Not that it would do much of anything to do that. iPhoto 1 is so unimaginably terrible by today's standards.

Maybe if you sort threads here by date earliest to latest and flop around the 2002 threads, you'll find some iPhoto 1 help. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THEM. If you find something helpful but have a question about it, copy the link to that thread and post your questions HERE in THIS thread alongside the link.

Or I could head to the basement and plug in one of our old Bondi Blue iMacs. I think they still have version 1 of the iLife applications on them
post #6 of 7
You are confused. iPhoto is not the MacOS X scanning utility. The scanning utility is Image Capture. Images scanned by Image Capture are stored in your Pictures folder which is accessible from your Finder sidebar or by going through your Home folder. Now here is the kicker about Image Capture. It does not ask for a file name to save. The scanned image is saved to whatever name has already been entered. If you don't change the name, then it saves over the file. So, FlyingSaucerInMyBackyard.jpg or MeDuckingOnBarackObama.tiff gets written over if you don't know what you are doing. That probably happened to you.

As for iPhoto, its iPhoto Library is a regular folder in your Picture folder. The folder is organized by the date of the images in the Library. This folder can be navigated using the Finder just like any other folder. This folder was notorious for being buggered by users who did not know what they were doing. This is why in later versions of iPhoto, the iPhoto Library folder was converted to a MacOS X bundle.
post #7 of 7
Thanks a lot Mr. Me

Happy Holidays!!
Angelcuco
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Newbie to iPhoto 1.1.1