or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Barack Obama will probably be re-elected, and it will be very funny.

Barack Obama will probably be re-elected, and it will be very funny.

post #1 of 9
Barack Obama's re-election will be the funniest thing in the world, if it happens (and it probably will).

A Democratic PAC is funding ads to remind registered Republicans that ROMNEY CAN SPEAK FRENCH! and he believes that its possible that HUMAN BEINGS ARE CONTRIBUTING TO GLOBAL WARMINGATION!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ1UA...ature=youtu.be

How delicious.

The Democrats believe (since it is true, and they want to win the election) that Newt Gingrich would be a disaster for the Republicans.

And so theyre reminding Republicans of things that would be considered assets for a candidate in any other nation on the planet in order to scare them into voting for a politically incoherent adulterous hardliner rather than the man who has the best chance of winning the election. Who is Mitt Romney, the man who imposed death panels and Stalinist health insurance on Massachusetts, reducing that state to a grey and frightened gulag.

I love American politics.

And Fox News are doing their bit, too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-conservatives

The Republican field is hilariously bad, and the nature of the intra-party mudslinging isn't going to do anyone any favours at all. If it's Newt, it's over. If it's Romney, it'll be interesting.

Barack Obama has a chance. It isnt going to be a landslide for the Republicans. Its going to be extremely tight, but he certainly has a chance.

I hope he wins, and not simply because hes the least-awful prospect for America and therefore the planet.

I hope he does for the once-in-a-lifetime gloating opportunities. Many of you here will need new bibs and brains.
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Barack Obama's re-election will be the funniest thing in the world, if it happens (and it probably will).

A Democratic PAC is funding ads to remind registered Republicans that ROMNEY CAN SPEAK FRENCH! and he believes that its possible that HUMAN BEINGS ARE CONTRIBUTING TO GLOBAL WARMINGATION!

How delicious.

The Democrats believe (since it is true, and they want to win the election) that Newt Gingrich would be a disaster for the Republicans.

And so theyre reminding Republicans of things that would be considered assets for a candidate in any other nation on the planet in order to scare them into voting for a politically incoherent adulterous hardliner rather than the man who has the best chance of winning the election. Who is Mitt Romney, the man who imposed death panels and Stalinist health insurance on Massachusetts, reducing that state to a grey and frightened gulag.

The Republican field is hilariously bad, and the nature of the intra-party mudslinging isn't going to do anyone any favours at all. If it's Newt, it's over. If it's Romney, it'll be interesting.

Barack Obama has a chance. It isnt going to be a landslide for the Republicans. Its going to be extremely tight, but he certainly has a chance.

I hope he wins, and not simply because hes the least-awful prospect for America and therefore the planet.

I hope he does for the once-in-a-lifetime gloating opportunities. Many of you here will need new bibs and brains.

Yes, yes...the narrative that the field is bad. The reality is that all of them are far more qualified to be President than Obama. All of them oppose the disastrous policies Obama has implemented.

As for the election, I happen to agree Obama has a chance. I don't get the impression that conservatives are taking him lightly at all. That said, his chances are not good unless the economy improves rapidly or some other major geopolitical event occurs. If Romney gets the nomination, Obama is practically toast. Romney will wipe the floor with him.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #3 of 9
The field is bad. It's extremely bad.

It's difficult for you to understand quite how bad because you're insulated by your shared politics, which are right of mainstream. But, yes, it is terrible.

Romney's not going to 'wipe the floor' with Obama, incidentally. None of the polls say that, at least. And the notion that Bachmann or Gingrich are more qualified than Obama is nonsense.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yes, yes...the narrative that the field is bad. The reality is that all of them are far more qualified to be President than Obama. All of them oppose the disastrous policies Obama has implemented.

As for the election, I happen to agree Obama has a chance. I don't get the impression that conservatives are taking him lightly at all. That said, his chances are not good unless the economy improves rapidly or some other major geopolitical event occurs. If Romney gets the nomination, Obama is practically toast. Romney will wipe the floor with him.

SDW it's funny that you don't see what's going on here but not surprising.

When you look at stuff like this :
Quote:
Romney enjoys unexpected conservative cover

You can see how desperate and disjointed the GOP are. If he has the The ultra concservative Party types backing him that's not a good thing because most voters out there see them as fringe wackos ( If it's guys like Beck it's the same ).

I know you don't but that's the difference between hardcore Republicans and what the rest of the world thinks. Obama will win unless there's an extemely huge scandal of some sort. I'll bet Republicans who can see the big picture are wishing for that. The rest will probably follow suit in the end and you'll be standing there going " What happened? I want a recount! ". Romney couldn't possibly wipe the floor with him. He can't even decide what he's for.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...ervative-cover

You put that all together with what's been happening to the middleclass and the GOP's attitude towards it and well you should get the picture.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45678782

Quote:
Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

Quote:
The latest census data depict a middle class that's shrinking as unemployment stays high and the government's safety net frays. The new numbers follow years of stagnating wages for the middle class that have hurt millions of workers and families
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #5 of 9
The French bashing is pretty fucking stupid. Hey look, this is me objecting to the methods of a Democratic PAC. Of course, in the Fox News thread, not a single peep from the right wing denouncing what they deliberately did to mislead voters. Interesting.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #6 of 9
Is anyone moving to Canada if Obama gets re-elected or was that honor reserved only for GWB?
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The French bashing is pretty fucking stupid. Hey look, this is me objecting to the methods of a Democratic PAC. Of course, in the Fox News thread, not a single peep from the right wing denouncing what they deliberately did to mislead voters. Interesting.

Someone needs to grab a dictionary and look up the word DELIBERATELY.

If you were a district attorney your case would be a giant bucket of FAIL.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

How delicious.

Give him another 4 years in office and we will be a military country for sure.To much Government intervention and control we have now.The GOP Party better wake up and smell the coffee!
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

SDW it's funny that you don't see what's going on here but not surprising.

When you look at stuff like this : You can see how desperate and disjointed the GOP are. If he has the The ultra concservative Party types backing him that's not a good thing because most voters out there see them as fringe wackos ( If it's guys like Beck it's the same ).

I know you don't but that's the difference between hardcore Republicans and what the rest of the world thinks. Obama will win unless there's an extemely huge scandal of some sort. I'll bet Republicans who can see the big picture are wishing for that. The rest will probably follow suit in the end and you'll be standing there going " What happened? I want a recount! ". Romney couldn't possibly wipe the floor with him. He can't even decide what he's for.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...ervative-cover

You put that all together with what's been happening to the middleclass and the GOP's attitude towards it and well you should get the picture.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45678782

There is absolutely no data to support your conclusions. Period.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Barack Obama will probably be re-elected, and it will be very funny.