or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Verizon soaking high end Android buyers to make up for iPhone subsidies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Verizon soaking high end Android buyers to make up for iPhone subsidies - Page 2

post #41 of 236
There were two reasonable comments in this entire thread.

I hope they get addressed.
post #42 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Judging by the language you use and due to the myths you are attempting to perpetuate, I have a question.

How much are you being paid to write that crap?

I wish I got paid for pointing out the obvious. If you can dispute what I wrote do so, but the facts are the facts, the iPhone has not fundmentally changed since its debut. Screen size, demensions, nothing.

Apple's massive innovation:

post #43 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

The difference though is that Nokia really did not have much compitition when it used this strategy. Android has massive compition and yet still sells phones at crazy prices. They must be doing something right.

Brainwashing g-sheeps with hype, or is that g-robots (to keep with the whole androidy theme thing)?
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #44 of 236
I can't even start. It is sad.
post #45 of 236
Snobby Robbers Only Steal iPhones, Refuse To Take Droids Or Blackberries

http://www.cultofmac.com/135564/snob...#disqus_thread

CNN: Obamacare largest tax increase in American history

 

FORBES: ObamaCare's 7 Tax Hikes On Middle class

Reply

CNN: Obamacare largest tax increase in American history

 

FORBES: ObamaCare's 7 Tax Hikes On Middle class

Reply
post #46 of 236
The Android "High End" market consists of contrarians who a) ignore facts and cling to their beliefs that android is "open." (how's that NFC working out for you?) and b) by supporting Android, they are the "occupiers" of a higher calling ... and of course, only they are smart enough not to fall Apple's iPhone "hype."

Never mind that the iPhone hardware, software, ecosystem and Ui are vastly superior (there has not been one Android review no matter how positive where the words clunky & sluggish UI get tagged with Google's copycat OS).

Or the only proof anyone needs. iPhones are never discounted - even after 20 months until the next one comes along while an Android phone never stays at "full subsidized price" after 3 weeks. Consumers worldwide speak the only truth and cuts through the clutter.

Of course, everyone is entitled to spend their hard earned money on whatever but know that you are payng for the "best" Android phone at a higher price because you are so-anti Apple that you are willing to spend an extra hundred or two just to carry a "different" phone and that's fine, as long as you realize that is the ONLY REASON. That you are purposely paying extra for an inferior phone.

And of course, an un-ugradable phone when the next "bestest" android phone comes out next month or when Google finally realizes in 6 months that they have to give the best new features to Moto to save their $12 BILLION dollar purchase ... but hey, you get to pay for all that ... meanwhile, on the Apple sie, Apple delivers the best technology and forces the telcos to deliver at the best price for consumers.*

*The same company that broke the hold on telcos adding apps or controlling every part of the phone ...
post #47 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Show me that in 5 years then we can talk. Re-read my statement.

At the rate this is going:

http://www.asymco.com/wp-content/upl...0.35.47-AM.png

Apple might have most of all the profit by then. This represents the entire handset market an not just smartphones.

Apple will do very very well as this is nothing similar to the Mac/PC "wars".
post #48 of 236
The whole article would confuse the more casual AI reader. With almost daily claims that Android buyers are cheap, only get the free or BOGO Android phones anyway, and buy Android only because they can't afford an iPhone, how could those expensive Android smartphones be covering iPhone subsidies? Very few buy an expensive Android phone anyway with iPhones undercutting them on price, right?
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #49 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbelkin View Post

The Android "High End" market consists of contrarians who a) ignore facts and cling to their beliefs that android is "open." (how's that NFC working out for you?) and b) by supporting Android, they are the "occupiers" of a higher calling ... and of course, only they are smart enough not to fall Apple's iPhone "hype."

Never mind that the iPhone hardware, software, ecosystem and Ui are vastly superior (there has not been one Android review no matter how positive where the words clunky & sluggish UI get tagged with Google's copycat OS).

Or the only proof anyone needs. iPhones are never discounted - even after 20 months until the next one comes along while an Android phone never stays at "full subsidized price" after 3 weeks. Consumers worldwide speak the only truth and cuts through the clutter.

Of course, everyone is entitled to spend their hard earned money on whatever but know that you are payng for the "best" Android phone at a higher price because you are so-anti Apple that you are willing to spend an extra hundred or two just to carry a "different" phone and that's fine, as long as you realize that is the ONLY REASON. That you are purposely paying extra for an inferior phone.

And of course, an un-ugradable phone when the next "bestest" android phone comes out next month or when Google finally realizes in 6 months that they have to give the best new features to Moto to save their $12 BILLION dollar purchase ... but hey, you get to pay for all that ... meanwhile, on the Apple sie, Apple delivers the best technology and forces the telcos to deliver at the best price for consumers.*

*The same company that broke the hold on telcos adding apps or controlling every part of the phone ...

You make ALLOT of assumption on the part of the Android shopper and if you think 3G and 3.5 inch screens are thev "best technology" then you definetly have purchased the right phone. Wow.
post #50 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

At the rate this is going:

Apple might have most of all the profit by then. This represents the entire handset market an not just smartphones.

Apple will do very very well as this is nothing similar to the Mac/PC "wars".

He couldn't care less about profits. They're meaningless to him. You'll have to come up with something else for him to ignore if you want the argument to continue.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #51 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

I wish I got paid for pointing out the obvious. If you can dispute what I wrote do so, but the facts are the facts, the iPhone has not fundmentally changed since its debut. Screen size, demensions, nothing.

Apple's massive innovation:


So to you, the only thing that counts as change is "screen size"?

RAM
Processor
Cores
GPU
ROM
Resolution
Radios
Sensors
Battery life

These represent fundamentally "no change". The simple fact that Android has to re-invent its interface every 6 months is just an embarrassment to poor design to start with.

PS: Whoever made that image is clueless iPhone 2G? What is the iPhone 4G? Dude, that pic is laughable.
post #52 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

At the rate this is going:

http://www.asymco.com/wp-content/upl...0.35.47-AM.png

Apple might have most of all the profit by then. This represents the entire handset market an not just smartphones.

Apple will do very very well as this is nothing similar to the Mac/PC "wars".

There is no dount that Apple will do very well, Apple is doing very well. Profit only benefits Apple, not the customer. Applefites and this article are bashing carriers for making big profits off of Android phones in one breath then compliment and bow down to Apple for doing the same thing. Makes no sense.
post #53 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

I wish I got paid for pointing out the obvious. If you can dispute what I wrote do so, but the facts are the facts, the iPhone has not fundmentally changed since its debut. Screen size, demensions, nothing.

I want a screen size that is practical in how I use my phone, being able to reach 100% of the screen with a thumb whilst using with one hand.

One man's "boring" is another man's practical and I'm not the only one.

Now you may not think that a jump from a single to dual core processor makes much of a difference coming from an Android background that's understandable as Android does not work terribly well with multithreaded processes (It probably has something to do with the "fake" Java Oracle is complaining about) but iOS flies due to it being more powerful.

Camera 5 megapixels???

wtf are Google and Samsung joking?

Using such a cheap camera module, I wonder f it's the same one used in this sub $200 PAYG Samsung Android phone

Bluetooth 4.0, where is it?

I see Motorola has come to the party with Bluetooth 4.0 on the droid RAZR so Android definitely supports it but where is it on the overpriced Nexus?
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #54 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

So to you, the only thing that counts as change is "screen size"?

RAM
Processor
Cores
GPU
ROM
Resolution
Radios
Sensors
Battery life

These represent fundamentally "no change". The simple fact that Android has to re-invent its interface every 6 months is just an embarrassment to poor design to start with.

PS: Whoever made that image is clueless iPhone 2G? What is the iPhone 4G? Dude, that pic is laughable.

Laugh all you want, that pic still represents Apple's massive innovations at a glance. If you honestly think Android updates every six months you really need to do a bit more research, plus Android does not have to change interface every six months because the user can change it anytime they want. Your lack of knowledge is the only thing "laughable".
post #55 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

And yet Android still has the market, anmd the gap continues to widen.

Yeah it has the market, not because people are buying these high end phones, its all the free cheap and bogo phones plus the junk on prepaid carriers
post #56 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I want a screen size that is practical in how I use my phone, being able to reach 100% of the screen with a thumb whilst using with one hand.

One man's "boring" is another man's practical and I'm not the only one.

Now you may not think that a jump from a single to dual core processor makes much of a difference coming from an Android background that's understandable as Android does not work terribly well with multithreaded processes (It probably has something to do with the "fake" Java Oracle is complaining about) but iOS flies due to it being more powerful.

Camera 5 megapixels???

wtf are Google and Samsung joking?

Using such a cheap camera module, I wonder f it's the same one used in this sub $200 PAYG Samsung Android phone

Bluetooth 4.0, where is it?

I see Motorola has come to the party with Bluetooth 4.0 on the droid RAZR so Android definitely supports it but where is it on the overpriced Nexus?

So essentially what you are saying is that anything on the iPhone that is inferior to an Android phone is perfectly ok withyou because it is your "preference" to buy such things (screen) but then something that is inferior on an Android compared to the iPhone is a joke (camera)
post #57 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

...the iPhone has not fundmentally changed since its debut...


Oh that's going on record. I can't believe someone would actually suggest that moving from a:
*412MHz ARMv6 ARM11 CPU to an 800MHz ARMv7 dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU is not fundamental.
128MB eDRAM to 512MB LPDDR2-800 is not fundamental.
480x320 LCD that is not made as a single unit to a 960x640 that is made as a single unit with better colour gamut and LED backlight is not fundamental.
GSM(GPRS/EDGE) (100Kbps) and WiFi (802.11b/g) (1.5Mbps) to UMTS(HSDPA/HSUPA) (7Mbps) and 802.11(b/g/n) (30Mbps).
4GB NAND to 64GB NAND.

And of course that it just the tip of the iceberg off the top of my head without considering the memory bandwidth improvements , speed of the NAND, the efficiency of the components used, or any of the SW advancements in the device and accompanying ecosystem that set the iPhone as the most profitable and popular by mindshare handset after only a year on the market.

Nope, not a damn thing changed with it fundamentally¡ Except for all those those changes you repeated claimed would be the death of the iPhone that in turn became its greatest strength, like putting the antenna on the outside as the frame.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #58 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector7G View Post

Yeah it has the market, not because people are buying these high end phones, its all the free cheap and bogo phones plus the junk on prepaid carriers

If I only had a facepalm big enough to cover this statement.
post #59 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

The whole article would confuse the more casual AI reader. With almost daily claims that Android buyers are cheap, only get the free or BOGO Android phones anyway, and buy Android only because they can't afford an iPhone, how could those expensive Android smartphones be covering iPhone subsidies? Very few buy an expensive Android phone anyway with iPhones undercutting them on price, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector7G View Post

Yeah it has the market, not because people are buying these high end phones, its all the free cheap and bogo phones plus the junk on prepaid carriers

See. There's my point! Thank you Sector7.
The article's premise is very obviously bogus. Expensive Android phones couldn't possible be used to subsidize iPhones.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #60 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Laugh all you want, that pic still represents Apple's massive innovations at a glance.

"It looks the same. It's obviously the exact same phone. I as a customer am stupid to make any determination beyond that. On a related note, I'm sure glad that I bought my G5 iMac in August 2004 because Apple didn't even update that until August 2007. Absolutely nothing about the iMac family changed in those three years, so it was great that I bought it when I did. I'm also glad that I bought my G4 PowerBook in January 2003, because Apple didn't update that until October 2008! Can you imagine that? For five years, people were buying the exact same computer! Absolutely nothing at all changed! On another related note, I'm still waiting for Apple to update the PowerMac G5 that I bought in June 2003. It's December 2011, and Apple STILL HASN'T UPDATED IT. APPLE HAS SOLD EXACTLY THE SAME MACHINE FOR EIGHT YEARS!"

Now think long and hard, troll. Do you really want that to be your argument? Because that's what you've said so far.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #61 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

So to you, the only thing that counts as change is "screen size"?

RAM
Processor
Cores
GPU
ROM
Resolution
Radios
Sensors
Battery life

These represent fundamentally "no change". The simple fact that Android has to re-invent its interface every 6 months is just an embarrassment to poor design to start with.

PS: Whoever made that image is clueless iPhone 2G? What is the iPhone 4G? Dude, that pic is laughable.

He has no concern how a device works or integrates with his life, but how he can show it off to others. He's the kind of the guy that pays way too much for a gaming machine with neon lights and fake flames on the size of his acrylic PC desktop so he can show off some other delusional geeks.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #62 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Oh that's going on record. I can't believe someone would actually suggest that moving from a:
*412MHz ARMv6 ARM11 CPU to an 800MHz ARMv7 dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU is not fundamental.
128MB eDRAM to 512MB LPDDR2-800 is not fundamental.
480x320 LCD that is not made as a single unit to a 960x640 that is made as a single unit with better colour gamut and LED backlight is not fundamental.
GSM(GPRS/EDGE) (100Kbps) and WiFi (802.11b/g) (1.5Mbps) to UMTS(HSDPA/HSUPA) (7Mbps) and 802.11(b/g/n) (30Mbps).
4GB NAND to 64GB NAND.

And of course that it just the tip of the iceberg off the top of my head without considering the memory bandwidth improvements , speed of the NAND, the efficiency of the components used, or any of the SW advancements in the device and accompanying ecosystem that set the iPhone as the most profitable and popular by mindshare handset after only a year on the market.

Nope, not a damn thing changed with it fundamentally¡ Except for all those those changes you repeated claimed would be the death of the iPhone that in turn became its greatest strength, like putting the antenna on the outside as the frame.

And all that has no obvious use to the end user, to techno geeks sure but to the average joe that buys these things, no.
post #63 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

I wish I got paid for pointing out the obvious. If you can dispute what I wrote do so, but the facts are the facts, the iPhone has not fundmentally changed since its debut. Screen size, demensions, nothing.

Apple's massive innovation:


I don't know why every one wants it to radically change every year, the iPhone looks great and works even better, if you want a new screen size every year you have hundred on android. messing with the screen sizes can cause fragmentation i don't wanna have to deal with that, thats what i got a iPhone
post #64 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"It looks the same. It's obviously the exact same phone. I as a customer am stupid to make any determination beyond that. On a related note, I'm sure glad that I bought my G5 iMac in August 2004 because Apple didn't even update that until August 2007. Absolutely nothing about the iMac family changed in those three years, so it was great that I bought it when I did. I'm also glad that I bought my G4 PowerBook in January 2003, because Apple didn't update that until October 2008! Can you imagine that? For five years, people were buying the exact same computer! Absolutely nothing at all changed!"

Now think long and hard, troll. Do you really want that to be your argument? Because that's what you've said so far.

Really, you want to bring the Mac into the argument, with its whopping 9% market share over Windows machines? Really? While the robots were buying the same computer for years, PC manufactures were innovating forcing the Mac out of the market. The Mac was and always will be niche, way to prove my argument.

Oh, I love the personal insults, takes your already weak statement and makes it weaker.
post #65 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

What I see is Android having 44% of the market. That is one fact I see. I also predicted that in 5 YEARS iPhone would be niche, how does your 2011, fact driven chart have anything to do with that statement? Oh it doesnt. Lets see what that chart looks like this time next year??? Because a year ago that chart would have had Android at around 25%, so in 1 year it nearly doubled.

No dispute on the chart, but I think there was concern about your definition of "niche". I don't think anyone would characterize 28% as a niche, would you? Perhaps you would like to venture a WAG on the actual percentage of iphones in such and such a year?

Even if you do - this is a fool's errand, and accomplishes little, since WAG's are just that, and discouraged unless backed by reasonable data.
post #66 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

See. There's my point! Thank you Sector7.
The article's premise is very obviously bogus. Expensive Android phones couldn't possible be used to subsidise iPhones...

...in the US.

Now, how many of those daily 550,000 Android activations are happening in the good ol' US of A?
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #67 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

And all that has no obvious use to the end user



Oh, man. Man, you got us all, but it was worth it. *sigh* What a good laugh. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #68 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

He has no concern how a device works or integrates with his life, but how he can show it off to others. He's the kind of the guy that pays way too much for a gaming machine with neon lights and fake flames on the size of his acrylic PC desktop so he can show off some other delusional geeks.

Typical, can not form an honest argument so resort to personal attacks. Thumbs up. I guess since you have no facts to back your argument you will simply make things up and write assumptions??
post #69 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

And all that has no obvious use to the end user, to techno geeks sure but to the average joe that buys these things, no.

And most are near impossible to put on a spec sheet which is why the other companies scraping the barrel will have no interest in making the device as great as it could be. Instead they will go with a flashy design and some basic spec sheet upgrades that basic users can understand because their customers have no faith in them actually offering the best possible user experience.

Apple is the Rolls Royce of smartphones. Users don't need to know that the entire dashboard is milled from a solid piece of magnesium so prevent any creaking sounds when the body flexes in a turn, they just need to know the car runs silent.

Thats the difference in philosophies here. You don't get that most people want a great user experience. You think your ilk want to be able to measure your self worth by what device looks coolest or has the best superficial rating without actually understanding what it being measured. That's why you claimed Tegra 2 would so totally kick the iPad 2's ass yet it barely even bested the iPad 1, and not even in all tests.

Come back to reality. You find you like it.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #70 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

If I only had a facepalm big enough to cover this statement.

for you and the "other"..

combine all flagships models from each OEM.

iphones outsells them how much? 10 to 1 maybe?

why are you so hypocrite (or so blindly ignorant)?

now..

combine all flagship models again..

they are outselled by low-end android smartphones combined by how much?

17 to 1?

inform yourself... seriously, that's sad.
post #71 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Typical, can not form an honest argument so resort to personal attacks. Thumbs up. I guess since you have no facts to back your argument you will simply make things up and write assumptions??

You are that kind of that guy. You have clearly expressed that you don't consider how a device works to be as important as how it looks to others.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #72 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

No dispute on the chart, but I think there was concern about your definition of "niche". I don't think anyone would characterize 28% as a niche, would you? Perhaps you would like to venture a WAG on the actual percentage of iphones in such and such a year?

Even if you do - this is a fool's errand, and accomplishes little, since WAG's are just that, and discouraged unless backed by reasonable data.

I am saying in 5 years, Android will have the majority of the market and Apple will not. A simple prediction based on how fast Android is expanding its gap. Android has doubled in less than a year. It will be Mac/Windows all over again when it comes to phones. Even now though, 28% is not allot.
post #73 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Really, you want to bring the Mac into the argument, with its whopping 9% market share over Windows machines? Really? While the robots were buying the same computer for years, PC manufactures were innovating forcing the Mac out of the market. The Mac was and always will be niche, way to prove my argument.

Oh, I love the personal insults, takes your already weak statement and makes it weaker.

yes.. niche, 9 %. never mind the fact that their share in new computers is at least 20 %, especially between "educated" people. never mind the fact that mac sales are exploding and all their competitors (maybe not asus) are stalled or sinking. nevermind that this is the same as porsche outselling toyota or fiat.

what a hypocrite. seriously. stop.
post #74 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You are that kind of that guy. You have clearly expressed that you don't consider how a device works to be as important as how it looks to others.

Have I, where? I do not think I once expressed my personal opinion. Of course that would require you to actually read what is written and be able to form your own opinions.
post #75 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

It doesnt because Apple fixes its prices. Carriers CAN NOT sell the iPhone for anything different then what Apple allows it. Android on the other hand does not make these demands therefore the carriers are free to sell for whatever they can get. And right now they are getting paid. Android must be doing something right if people are willing to pay these obviouly high prices??

some people will buy anything, but i bet you none of these high end models sell half as many as any iPhone 4s

most android phones = cheap , bogo, free thats the marker share give them away and of course you're going to win market share
post #76 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbelkin View Post

...paying for the "best" Android phone at a higher price because you are so-anti Apple that you are willing to spend an extra hundred or two just to carry a "different" phone and that's fine, as long as you realize that is the ONLY REASON. That you are purposely paying extra for an inferior phone.

Same is my impression. Whenever I see those Android people I feel sorry for them. They pay crazy prices for phones, which lose 50% value within 3-4 months, are not upgraded to latest OS releases at all or many months too late. The UI is terrible, by any means, terrible.

Seeing a UI that ugly -fitting the ugly, uninspired look of their phones, reminds me that 60-70% of people really have no taste. Like with apparel, interior, arts, it's just like that. 60-70% of population are dumb and ugly, uninspired and though iPhones just will never reach market share > 40%. There has to be a phone for the failed people, for the ugly, for the tasteless. It's not bad, it's fine like it is. Because it allows some people to distinguish themselves. Beeing a phone for the masses is like being the TV show for the masses. You don't expect quality and taste there.

Apple should continue to address the people with taste. In most cases those are the people with the deep pockets. The relation between high profits and tasteful design is well clear. The iPhone once was the phone for the BETTER people. Now it certainly is the phone for the BEST people. iPhoners are certainly more intelligent and better looking than Androiders, a fact everyone can see in public. Just look at the people who carries what phone.

Also a fact that you never meet just ONE iPhone evangelist on an Android forum. Meanwhile its standard that Androiders populate iPhone forums and feel they have to spread their religion. Proof that these Androiders deeply feel their inferiority. So they have to compensate by bashing the phone of the successful and tasteful people.

But not our problem. Just keep spending 600$ for the top notch Android phones every 12 months, then selling them for 200$. Everyone needs some hobby.http://forums.appleinsider.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
post #77 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

And all that has no obvious use to the end user, to techno geeks sure but to the average joe that buys these things, no.

Actually it does, hence iOS's rise as a gaming platform.

So have you tried Infinity Blade 2?

It show's what developers can do with an OS that complements the hardware it's running on.

How's all the Microsoft Apps coming along on Android?

Have you seen all the one's Microsoft has been churning out for iOS over the last few weeks that are keys to enterprise markets.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #78 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

yes.. niche, 9 %. never mind the fact that their share in new computers is at least 20 %, especially between "educated" people. never mind the fact that mac sales are exploding and all their competitors (maybe not asus) are stalled or sinking. nevermind that this is the same as porsche outselling toyota or fiat.

what a hypocrite. seriously. stop.

Ah thats right, only "educated" people buy Apple, everyone else must be stupid. And no, Mac does not have 20% market share, they barely have 6% worldwide market share but keep on guessing. I thought only "educated" people bought Apple?
post #79 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by henniman View Post

Same is my impression. Whenever I see those Android people I feel sorry for them. They pay crazy prices for phones, which lose 50% value within 3-4 months, are not upgraded to latest OS releases at all or many months too late. The UI is terrible, by any means, terrible.

Seeing a UI that ugly -fitting the ugly, uninspired look of their phones, reminds me that 60-70% of people really have no taste. Like with apparel, interior, arts, it's just like that. 60-70% of population are dumb and ugly, uninspired and though iPhones just will never reach market share > 40%. There has to be a phone for the failed people, for the ugly, for the tasteless. It's not bad, it's fine like it is. Because it allows some people to distinguish themselves. Beeing a phone for the masses is like being the TV show for the masses. You don't expect quality and taste there.

Apple should continue to address the people with taste. In most cases those are the people with the deep pockets. The relation between high profits and tasteful design is well clear. The iPhone once was the phone for the BETTER people. Now it certainly is the phone for the BEST people. iPhoners are certainly more intelligent and better looking than Androiders, a fact everyone can see in public. Just look at the people who carries what phone.

Also a fact that you never meet just ONE iPhone evangelist on an Android forum. Meanwhile its standard that Androiders populate iPhone forums and feel they have to spread their religion. Proof that these Androiders deeply feel their inferiority. So they have to compensate by bashing the phone of the successful and tasteful people.

But not our problem. Just keep spending 600$ for the top notch Android phones every 12 months, then selling them for 200$. Everyone needs some hobby.http://forums.appleinsider.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

It must be hard to see all the inferior beings beneath your feet. If only other could be as awesome as you portray yourself. And you gained all this by simply buying an Apple product, man Apple has been marketing their products all wrong.
post #80 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Ah thats right, only "educated" people buy Apple, everyone else must be stupid. And no, Mac does not have 20% market share, they barely have 6% worldwide market share but keep on guessing. I thought only "educated" people bought Apple?

i said "new" computers, "aka" new sales.. them they are "high-end machines". compare them. troll. obviously they won't (and shouldn't) have more than let's say 25%. mac's are high-end machines made for real work, not the "crappy" laptops. macs are cat's, the others are rats. it's also well know that educated people prefer macs. look at google for example.. blind troll.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Verizon soaking high end Android buyers to make up for iPhone subsidies