or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › iOS dominates mobile shopping with 92% of market

iOS dominates mobile shopping with 92% of market - Page 3

post #81 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Much better explaination. Just FYI, My quote was taken directly from the AppleInsider article at the front of this thread so I guess the leasson here is take what they "quote" with a grain of salt. Their poor paraphrasing can easily lead to confusion.

If this site is so inaccurate then why are you still here?
There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than your 6 Plus...
There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than your 6 Plus...
post #82 of 93
Quote:

True, was not intending to accuse, just pointing out that it is real easy to be fooled and or confused with these types of articles.

EDIT:

I take that back. After re-reading AppleInsiders article and then reading the original, it is clear that things were taken out of context, things were deleted combined then written as a quote, on top of no link to the original article. Seems rather underhanded. Para-phrasing is one thing but this seems like something else. Regardless the numbers are still impressive I just think that AppleInsider manipulated things to make it more than it is.

Translation: AppleInsiders information disagrees with my opinion. This seems rather underhanded.
post #83 of 93
Quote:

Which is apparently working, he isnt even in this thread and all anyone seems to do is talk about him

Rumour has it that Hellacool is Slapppy's mummy, and that she found her way to this site while checking your history.

Is this true?
post #84 of 93
Rather than 8 individual posts one after another, you might consider using multi-quote. It helps keep the thread more readable.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #85 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Rather than 8 individual posts one after another, you might consider using multi-quote. It helps keep the thread more readable.

Oh, don't say that. It 'upsets the flow of the replies' and 'removes all context, making the post unreadable'.

If he wants, I can merge them all.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #86 of 93
Quote:

That is a misuse of Multi-Quote.

Multiquote should be used when you reply to two posts making similar points - not to mix together disparate posts and responses. That just makes things harder to reply to.

Different subtopics mixed together into one post is an absurd use of Multi-Quote.
post #87 of 93
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, don't say that. It 'upsets the flow of the replies' and 'removes all context, making the post unreadable'.

If he wants, I can merge them all.

I agree... Don't combine multiple posts unless they make sense...

I don't like it when AI, occasionally, combines multiple topics in an article -- you almost always get a series of disjointed sub-threads going...
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #88 of 93
Quote:

Dont blame it on the multiple posts, some just can not make sense. That is why god invented the block list.

Some just can not make sense?

What is that? A demonstration?

This god with the lowercase 'g': I'm assuming that's the second-in-command guy who works just under the big fella, God?

I wasn't aware he invented the block list. Thanks for pointing that out.
post #89 of 93
I think the die hard Apple fans now have the distinct opportunity to create a new metric by which Apple will again (or should I say "as always has been") lead the pack.

Apple sells the most smartphones that are actually used as a smartphone.

With this latest statistic we now know that the Android phones are just being used as phones and not as smartphones.

The good thing with this metric is that one can tincker at will with the definition of smartphone used as a smartphone.
post #90 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

I think the die hard Apple fans now have the distinct opportunity to create a new metric by which Apple will again (or should I say "as always has been") lead the pack.

With this latest statistic we now know that the Android phones are just being used as phones and not as smartphones.

The good thing with this metric is that one can tincker at will with the definition of smartphone used as a smartphone.

This may be true but the metric did not break the numbers down far enough. Without seperating the iPad (an industry leader) from the numbers it is very hard to know what devices accessed what. iPad has 75% market in the tablet department, running iOS. One can assume (which is all you can do here without data) that the iPad is atleast 70% responsible for the statistic, leaving 22% to everything else. Subtract the few Android tablets and even the iPod touch you may be left with 18%, how is 18% divided? Smartphones. But since we only have total's, we can not seperate the actual smartphone use. Honestly, I can not see many even using the smartphone for purchases, in a pinch sure but not regularly. Apps maybe? Hard to say. I prefere atleast my iPad.
post #91 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

That's an extremely accurate diagnosis.
post #92 of 93
Quote:

This may be true but the metric did not break the numbers down far enough. Without seperating the iPad (an industry leader) from the numbers it is very hard to know what devices accessed what. iPad has 75% market in the tablet department, running iOS. One can assume (which is all you can do here without data) that the iPad is atleast 70% responsible for the statistic, leaving 22% to everything else. Subtract the few Android tablets and even the iPod touch you may be left with 18%, how is 18% divided? Smartphones. But since we only have total's, we can not seperate the actual smartphone use. Honestly, I can not see many even using the smartphone for purchases, in a pinch sure but not regularly. Apps maybe? Hard to say. I prefere atleast my iPad.

That is still an assumption, albeit possibly a reasonable one. We know that the iPad (and hence iOS) dominates the tablet market. We also know that the iPhone has only a quarter or so of the smartphone market. When you factor in iPods (and you can obviously shop on the touch versions), iOS is level or above Android market share. But iPads represent only around 1/5 of all iOS devices sold to date (including iPods), and there are far more smartphones than tablets.

We may postulate that tablets are more likely vehicles for online shopping than smartphones. If all online shopping were on tablets, the market dominance of the iPad would pretty much explain the 92%. The more online shopping happening on smartphones, the more you have to increase the shopping rates of iPhone users over Android smartphone users to maintain the 92%.

It really would be nice to know how much shopping is done on smartphones v. tablets.
post #93 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

Well calling the Nook & Kindle Fire not a true tablet is selective perception. In the real world these two products are Tablets for all intents and purposes. People are being selective because of the runaway success of these two Tablets. It's a real viable threat to the iPad. When the numbers are published everyone will be shocked at how quickly it surpassed the iPad in sales.

Probably, buy Apple has never cared about sales, but rather margin. I have used both the kindle and iPad, experience wise, the iPad is worth every penny.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › iOS dominates mobile shopping with 92% of market