or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Christmas Truce Thread

The Christmas Truce Thread

post #1 of 9
Soldiers Against War: The Story of the World War I Christmas Truce

After reading about this moving, true story of how bitter enemies during World War I laid down their weapons and made brief peace on Christmas Day, I thought I would extend the proverbial olive branch to my fellow POers (yes, even those I disagree with on whatever issues).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all, and may we all find a way to help make this world a little better and get along in spite of our differences, countries of origin, beliefs, race, religion, etc.

May this thread be a "perpetual Christmas truce" where we can congregate and perhaps talk about and celebrate the good in the world - and leave the "battles" to the other threads.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #2 of 9
My wife and I have been having a wonderful time in the US this Christmas season. For me, Christmas is always about sharing the time and thoughtful gift exchange with Family. We also had a fantastic reunion this trip with many long lost friends and family, such as a first cousin I hadn't seen for 25 years, and my wife's sister whom she hadn't seen for ten. Although we're in San Diego we didn't really have time to meet up with Trumptman.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
post #3 of 9
Glory to the newborn King!

May you all be richly blessed!

From fellows and family.
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #4 of 9

All Glory to the Hypnotoad. Happy Pagan Winter Festival.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

After reading about this moving, true story of how bitter enemies during World War I laid down their weapons and made brief peace on Christmas Day, I thought I would extend the proverbial olive branch to my fellow POers (yes, even those I disagree with on whatever issues).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all, and may we all find a way to help make this world a little better and get along in spite of our differences, countries of origin, beliefs, race, religion, etc.

May this thread be a "perpetual Christmas truce" where we can congregate and perhaps talk about and celebrate the good in the world - and leave the "battles" to the other threads.

Everyone of us has opinions but the only really thing that matters in our lives are good health and peace. May peace come to all here. Merry Christmas and a Healthy Happy New Year. marv
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowship View Post

glory to the newborn king!

May you all be richly blessed!

From fellows and family.

shalom and peace always.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and others as well Jazz.

We are camping in Newport Beach and hanging with the in-laws. We took the travel trailer to camp in but the kids received so much stuff that it probably has a secondary use on the way home.

Go Lakers! Tis a day of NBA Basketball.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #8 of 9
Hot.

Oh, wait a minute. I thought this was the Hot Christmas-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/de...d-warmest-year

...and wishing you all a Green Christmas!

"All bar one of the top 10 warmest years on record have occurred since 1997 and all the UK's top seven warmest years happened in the past decade."
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Glory to the newborn King!

...so it says you're from Dallas ... you DO know we have an elected (questionable) president around here, not a king. Right ???
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Christmas Truce Thread