or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › If you are against vaccinations, you are an immediate threat to public health

If you are against vaccinations, you are an immediate threat to public health - Page 4

post #121 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

So, to recap, those who oppose saving lives through mandatory vaccinations fall into one of two camps:
  • Sex should have consequences.
  • I don't like to be told what to do.

I find both reasons to be appalling when we are talking about granting herd immunity to diseases that have the capacity to kill.

You forgot ...
  • Individual rights trumps government will

More to the point of HPV vaccine, one has to have sex to get it. It's not communicable like the flu or TB are. Short of being raped a person is not at risk unless they do something physical. An individual can chose to get the vaccination and they are protected.

More people die of the flu every year and it's air born and far more communicable than HPV. Why aren't people arguing that the flu shot should be mandatory every year?
post #122 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

You forgot ...

More to the point of HPV vaccine, one has to have sex to get it. It's not communicable like the flu or TB are. Short of being raped a person is not at risk unless they do something physical. An individual can chose to get the vaccination and they are protected.

More people die of the flu every year and it's air born and far more communicable than HPV. Why aren't people arguing that the flu shot should be mandatory every year?

Don't give them ideas. They don't need help thinking of other things to mandate for everyone.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #123 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Don't give them ideas. They don't need help thinking of other things to mandate for everyone.

We should just have fun at this point and set up all their strawmen for them. I mean it isn't like they've addressed a single point in this thread. They've just repeated themselves, called names, lashed out and then avoided using the quote feature so they can misrepresent all the valid concerns. Hilariously they act like the smartest people in the room while using the tactics of two year olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

You forgot ...

So pretend I didn't quote this because obviously if I did, then I can't misrepresent your words.

So Floorjack, what you're saying is this.

- You don't want a government to protect anyone.
- You hate sex and anyone who has it.
- Individuals should be allowed to take out guns and murder their neighbors only in this case the guns are viruses.
- You think raped people should suffer with HPV.

This shows you know absolutely nothing about HPV, about women, about Democracy, about two or three subject areas to be named later. You condone a society full of suffering, hate and a lot of other really bad words.

Look....here's a movie in which a character died of something bad because the government didn't care. (I'm way to lazy to look for a movie to prove a made up point.)

Look....here's a snarky cartoon in which someone who I think is smart notes something I pretended you said was really, really dumb.(I'm way to lazy to look for a cartoon to prove a made up point.)

Look....here's Jon Stewart mocking some point about something.(I'm way to lazy to look for a Jon Stewart clip to prove a made up point.)

You suck and the Spaghetti Monster doesn't like you.

Gwwaaaaaaar!!!!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #124 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

We should just have fun at this point and set up all their strawmen for them. I mean it isn't like they've addressed a single point in this thread. They've just repeated themselves, called names, lashed out and then avoided using the quote feature so they can misrepresent all the valid concerns. Hilariously they act like the smartest people in the room while using the tactics of two year olds.

So pretend I didn't quote this because obviously if I did, then I can't misrepresent your words.

So Floorjack, what you're saying is this.

- You don't want a government to protect anyone.
- You hate sex and anyone who has it.
- Individuals should be allowed to take out guns and murder their neighbors only in this case the guns are viruses.
- You think raped people should suffer with HPV.

This shows you know absolutely nothing about HPV, about women, about Democracy, about two or three subject areas to be named later. You condone a society full of suffering, hate and a lot of other really bad words.

Look....here's a movie in which a character died of something bad because the government didn't care. (I'm way to lazy to look for a movie to prove a made up point.)

Look....here's a snarky cartoon in which someone who I think is smart notes something I pretended you said was really, really dumb.(I'm way to lazy to look for a cartoon to prove a made up point.)

Look....here's Jon Stewart mocking some point about something.(I'm way to lazy to look for a Jon Stewart clip to prove a made up point.)

You suck and the Spaghetti Monster doesn't like you.

Gwwaaaaaaar!!!!

You forgot the part where he would be a religious nutjob who rejects science and hates women.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › If you are against vaccinations, you are an immediate threat to public health