or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › If you are against vaccinations, you are an immediate threat to public health

If you are against vaccinations, you are an immediate threat to public health - Page 3

post #81 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I doubt anyone here would advocate for mandatory circumcision.

Quite true.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #82 of 124

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #83 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You seem really hung up on mode of transmission and the age of the person receiving the vaccine. I'm trying to understand why you have those hang-ups. I don't understand your distinction. So, people don't have to have sex. But they do. Often unsafely. This would make it safer. Why are you against that?

Because you're mandating it. More specifically, the state is mandating it. They are taking the control out of parents' hands. If we do that, we ought to have a much better reason. The mode of transmission makes all the difference here.

Quote:

Also, I'm not merely speculating about the HIV thing. With the current cocktail of HIV medication, viral loads and transmission rates go down to nearly zero. Couple that with the awareness of actually having it and you have the number of infected people plummeting and nearly gone in a generation.

It's possible. I don't know about transmission rates plummeting with current drugs. My understanding is they merely stopped full-blown AIDS from setting in. Am I wrong?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #84 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Because you're mandating it. More specifically, the state is mandating it. They are taking the control out of parents' hands. If we do that, we ought to have a much better reason. The mode of transmission makes all the difference here.

Why does it make all the difference? You still haven't actually explained why allowing STIs to spread is fine by you.

Quote:
It's possible. I don't know about transmission rates plummeting with current drugs. My understanding is they merely stopped full-blown AIDS from setting in. Am I wrong?

You are wrong.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #85 of 124
Quote:

Why does it make all the difference? You still haven't actually explained why allowing STIs to spread is fine by you.

Maybe he thinks it only affects the sluts. Just like people used to think AIDS was good because it only affects the faggots, who deserve to die anyway. I dunno. Maybe that's it.
post #86 of 124
Quote:

I never said that, and you know it. I've already explained my position. If you disagree, that's fine.

Didn't realize that. Thanks. Doesn't change my opinion on mandating a vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Maybe he thinks it only affects the sluts. Just like people used to think AIDS was good because it only affects the faggots, who deserve to die anyway. I dunno. Maybe that's it.

That was way over the top. You really should be banned for posting something like that.
post #87 of 124
SDW, your indignation is laughable given what you have said to people over the last few weeks. Tonton didn't say anything banworthy there and you know it. Stop feigning outrage when the underlying reasons of many of those who share your views are exposed.

Your position doesn't make logical sense, SDW. So people can decide not to have sex. Why should they have to make that decision? Why not deal with the realities that the vast majority of people will NOT make that decision? Why shouldn't sex be made safer?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #88 of 124
Quote:

You've repeatedly used slurs around here and constantly blame it on the parties you claim to be "echoing" who never have used those slurs. Perhaps they use them in their minds is I guess what you presume or something crazy like that.

Why do you continue to use so many hateful slurs tonton?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #89 of 124
Quote:

SDW, your indignation is laughable given what you have said to people over the last few weeks. Tonton didn't say anything banworthy there and you know it. Stop feigning outrage when the underlying reasons of many of those who share your views are exposed.

He posted this:
Quote:

Show me any time I've ever posted anything as offensive as that. That's not the same as calling someone an asshole.

Quote:
Your position doesn't make logical sense, SDW. So people can decide not to have sex. Why should they have to make that decision?

Uh, people have to make that decision every day, no matter how much you'd like sex to be completely consequence free.

Quote:
Why not deal with the realities that the vast majority of people will NOT make that decision? Why shouldn't sex be made safer?

Should we mandate condoms too? What's the difference?
post #90 of 124
You tipped your hat. You want there to be consequences for sex.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #91 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Uh, people have to make that decision every day, no matter how much you'd like sex to be completely consequence free.

Playing tackle football or going for a swim in the ocean or riding a bicycle on a road are all acivities that are not consequence free. But there are steps we can take to make them safer. Helmet laws. Publicly funded lifeguards. Protective gear mandates.

All functions of government to make natural, enjoyable activities (that we could choose not to partake in) safer.
post #92 of 124
Quote:

Playing tackle football or going for a swim in the ocean or riding a bicycle on a road are all acivities that are not consequence free. But there are steps we can take to make them safer. Helmet laws. Publicly funded lifeguards. Protective gear mandates.

All functions of government to make natural, enjoyable activities (that we could choose not to partake in) safer.

This thread isn't about safer. This thread is about mandatory actions to prevent .0014% of the population from dying of cervical cancer when they ignore the discharges out of their vaginas and don't get a pap smear for a decade.

If you wanted someone to be safer, you could offer the vaccine for free, raise awareness and then let them make the choices they're going to make.

In the tonton and BR world, no risk is tolerated and no rights are respected.

Thus...

Football in the park is banned along with all other sports. Don't you know five kids this year will get hit by baseballs and drop dead. We can't let that happen and so the rights of everyone must be impuned. Swimming in the ocean, or worse still, surfing... not unless you've got your government mandated life preserver on. Don't you know drowning is the third highest cause of accidental death and kills almost 400,000 people a year. The government can't give you a choice in this matter and must save you from yourself. No swimming, surfing or water enjoyment without a mandatory life preserver on. No choice in this matter unless you hate science and believe you can have your own facts.

Want to ride a bicycle on the road, well you can't. It should be against the law with no choice in the matter. People get hit and killed. They get hurt. This all happens even with expensive gear and protective equipment. Sure it is less than two percent of all traffic fatalities but goodness that is massive when considered in the context of zero. Why if it were banned outright the safety outcome would be INFINITELY better since it would be zero. You've got to like infinity. You can't beat it.

post #93 of 124
Let's nerf the world! Government is buying so it's free!
post #94 of 124
Quote:

Want to ride a bicycle on the road, well you can't. It should be against the law with no choice in the matter. People get hit and killed. They get hurt. This all happens even with expensive gear and protective equipment. Sure it is less than two percent of all traffic fatalities but goodness that is massive when considered in the context of zero. Why if it were banned outright the safety outcome would be INFINITELY better since it would be zero. You've got to like infinity. You can't beat it.

It comes from the mindset that you don't own your own life, society does, so you've got no right to risk it. This is the ancient tribal mentality of man, dressed up as something "new" and "progressive."

It is ironic that liberals portray themselves as young radicals, fighting the man, when their tribalist ideas are as ancient as you can get. Young bodies but old ideas. Whereas individual rights, which their opponents advocate, is a relatively new idea.
post #95 of 124
Quote:

This thread isn't about safer. This thread is about mandatory actions to prevent .0014% of the population from dying of cervical cancer when they ignore the discharges out of their vaginas and don't get a pap smear for a decade.

If you wanted someone to be safer, you could offer the vaccine for free, raise awareness and then let them make the choices they're going to make.

In the tonton and BR world, no risk is tolerated and no rights are respected.

Thus...

Football in the park is banned along with all other sports. Don't you know five kids this year will get hit by baseballs and drop dead. We can't let that happen and so the rights of everyone must be impuned. Swimming in the ocean, or worse still, surfing... not unless you've got your government mandated life preserver on. Don't you know drowning is the third highest cause of accidental death and kills almost 400,000 people a year. The government can't give you a choice in this matter and must save you from yourself. No swimming, surfing or water enjoyment without a mandatory life preserver on. No choice in this matter unless you hate science and believe you can have your own facts.

This is exactly the opposite of what I'm saying, actually. This is exactly the same as what SDW is saying, in fact. You don't want HPV? Don't have sex, you slut.

And your comment about discharge shows that you know absolutely nothing about HPV.
post #96 of 124
Quote:

This is exactly the opposite of what I'm saying, actually. This is exactly the same as what SDW is saying, in fact. You don't want HPV? Don't have sex, you slut.

And your comment about discharge shows that you know absolutely nothing about HPV.

Do you really even try anymore or just make up shit while calling everyone else stupid?

Quote:
What are the symptoms?

Abnormal cervical cell changes rarely cause symptoms. But you may have symptoms if those cell changes grow into cervical cancer. Symptoms of cervical cancer may include:

Bleeding from the vagina that is not normal, or a change in your menstrual cycle that you can't explain.
Bleeding when something comes in contact with your cervix, such as during sex or when you put in a diaphragm.
Pain during sex.
Vaginal discharge that is tinged with blood.

Sorry if Web MD and a dozen other sources are all calling everyone sluts.

You're just an increasingly sad and angry man.

post #97 of 124
Quote:

Do you really even try anymore or just make up shit while calling everyone else stupid?

Sorry if Web MD and a dozen other sources are all calling everyone sluts.

You're just an increasingly sad and angry man.

That's cancer and precancerous tissue growth, not HPV. By the time you have discharge, you've most likely had HPV for years.
post #98 of 124
Quote:

That was a comment on the signs of cervical cancer.
post #99 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

That was a comment on the signs of cervical cancer.

Guess what? Get the HPV vaccine, no HPV, no cancer, no discharge, no transmission, everybody wins!

Don't get the vaccine, and even if you don't get cancer or ever have discharge, you may have HPV, and you may transmit it to someone else who gets cancer, and that cancer doesn't always have any symptoms before it's too late.

You didn't get the vaccine? You may just have killed someone, even if you survive.
post #100 of 124
Quote:

That's cancer and precancerous tissue growth, not HPV. By the time you have discharge, you've most likely had HPV for years.

Yeah, no shit Sherlock. Get your glasses checked.

This thread is about mandatory actions to prevent .0014% of the population from dying of cervical cancer when they ignore the discharges out of their vaginas and don't get a pap smear for a decade.

Your comment.....

Quote:

Get your eyes checked and stop insulting everyone or go get therapy for whatever is making you lash out at everyone.

post #101 of 124
Quote:

Guess what? Get the HPV vaccine, no HPV, no cancer, no discharge, no transmission, everybody wins!

Don't get the vaccine, and even if you don't get cancer or ever have discharge, you may have HPV, and you may transmit it to someone else who gets cancer, and that cancer doesn't always have any symptoms before it's too late.

You didn't get the vaccine? You may just have killed someone, even if you survive.

You didn't seriously just suggest that having sex with HPV is murder?

Even if you survive.....

Yes, because only every single person who ever gets a pap smear and gets cervical dysplasia treated does survive.

You're extreme tonton. You're sounding like the type of person that murders abortion doctors. You'd better kill them before they kill someone with their vagina or penis.

post #102 of 124
Listen. If we all get the HPV vaccine, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives. That's the bottom line.
post #103 of 124
If we all stop driving cars, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all stop drinking alcohol, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all stop having extramarital sex, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all exercise, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all stop eating junk food, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

How far do you want to go?

How much control do you want the government to have over your life?

How much freedom are you willing to give up for perceived safety?

Are you really willing to let government protect you from yourself?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #104 of 124
Quote:

Listen. If we all get the HPV vaccine, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives. That's the bottom line.

Why not just avoid exposing yourself to the virus? ... no risk of contracting it, no need for vaccination.
Yes, this particular virus CAN BE AVOIDED!

Now... IF you decide you can't live THAT lifestyle, then by all means, get vaccinated. But what is the point of mandating it for people who don't need it ???
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #105 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

If we all stop driving cars, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all stop drinking alcohol, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all stop having extramarital sex, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all exercise, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

If we all stop eating junk food, we can save lives. If we don't, we don't save lives.

How far do you want to go?

How much control do you want the government to have over your life?

How much freedom are you willing to give up for perceived safety?

Are you really willing to let government protect you from yourself?

None of those things except sex and alcohol harm anyone else. With regard to sex and alcohol, it's impossible to enforce a ban. With regard to immunization, it's not.
post #106 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Why not just avoid exposing yourself to the virus? ... no risk of contracting it, no need for vaccination.
Yes, this particular virus CAN BE AVOIDED!

Now... IF you decide you can't live THAT lifestyle, then by all means, get vaccinated. But what is the point of mandating it for people who don't need it ???

The only way to be 99.9% free from the virus is to be 100% celibate. Is that what you're really suggesting? Avoid THAT lifestyle? A normal, healthy lifestyle? Seriously?
post #107 of 124
Quote:

The only way to be 99.9% free from the virus is to be 100% celibate. Is that what you're really suggesting? Avoid THAT lifestyle? A normal, healthy lifestyle? Seriously?

Is that what I said??? Did I actually suggest a person SHOULD be celibate?... did I even use that word or a synonym of it?

What I'm saying is, there's no reason to MANDATE the vaccine, when an educated person CAN be reasonably safe from being infected merely by behavioral choices!... If a person CHOOSES to increase their risk, then by all means, I would recommend vaccination... as a CHOICE.
(But what intelligent person WOULDN'T get vaccinated at that point?)
post #108 of 124
Quote:

Is that what I said??? Did I actually suggest a person SHOULD be celibate?... did I even use that word or a synonym of it?

What I'm saying is, there's no reason to MANDATE the vaccine, when an educated person CAN be reasonably safe from being infected merely by behavioral choices!... If a person CHOOSES to increase their risk, then by all means, I would recommend vaccination... as a CHOICE.
(But what intelligent person WOULDN'T get vaccinated at that point?)

So, as trumpt says, we can choose not to cross the street. So we shouldn't mandate a speed limit for traffic. Brilliant.
post #109 of 124
Quote:

So, as trumpt says, we can choose not to cross the street. So we shouldn't mandate a speed limit for traffic. Brilliant.

Except, sometimes life DOES require you to cross the street ...

Again, the sex thing is a CHOICE... and the vaccine can wait until you CHOOSE to need it!

Your analogy would work better if the street had no speed limit until I need to cross it, at which time I can activate the speed-limit sign to minimize the risk of crossing the street.
post #110 of 124
Quote:

You really are having some problems. When have I said this? I simply said, and KOSH notes it as well. All human endeavors have some form of risk however certain choices can raise and lower that risk.

You are the only one here demanding zero risk, zero problems, perfection aka utopia.

Please stop just making stuff up. You've got multiple people noting they've not said anything you attributed to them. You've lashed out multiple times because of your own misunderstanding. Finally there have been plenty of issues you've ignored out right.

Like, what would you do to the people who refuse the tonton/BR/utopian society mandated vaccination?

You have zero credibility when you won't even address issues as basic as that.

post #111 of 124
Quote:

You really are having some problems. When have I said this? I simply said, and KOSH notes it as well. All human endeavors have some form of risk however certain choices can raise and lower that risk.

You are the only one here demanding zero risk, zero problems, perfection aka utopia.

Please stop just making stuff up. You've got multiple people noting they've not said anything you attributed to them. You've lashed out multiple times because of your own misunderstanding. Finally there have been plenty of issues you've ignored out right.

Be honest. For any normally developed individual, celibacy is no more a practical choice than not crossing the street.

Quote:
Like, what would you do to the people who refuse the tonton/BR/utopian society mandated vaccination?

You have zero credibility when you won't even address issues as basic as that.

I've already answered that. You don't allow them to go to school or register for home schooling. And yes, just like today, parents who do not send their kids to school or register for home schooling may be arrested.
post #112 of 124
Quote:

Be honest. For any normally developed individual, celibacy is no more a practical choice than not crossing the street.

Who here said anything about celibacy? Please quote people. Stop putting words into their mouths. What the hell does life-long celibacy have to do with not demanding your 12 year old daughter have the state mandate medical procedures for her body. YOU are the one who falsely claimed and believed that the vaccine cannot be given after sexual intercourse has begun. It can. Can a parent guess wrong and could some small percentages still end up with HPV? Yes but also could some percentage still end up with HPV even with the vaccine. Yes, because it doesn't cover every strain of the virus, only the most common. Nothing you advocate gets you to zero. NOTHING.
Quote:
I've already answered that. You don't allow them to go to school or register for home schooling. And yes, just like today, parents who do not send their kids to school or register for home schooling may be arrested.

Wrong and you have clearly misstated what you would endorse here again. You said you would just follow the existing law and the existing law allows you to opt out of vaccination for religious and philosophical reasons in most states.

There isn't a state out there right now that refuses to let you home-school your own child due to vaccination. It isn't like that today. Stop claiming that. I've posted the link to the site that gave the requirements for every state. You say you would REFUSE to let them register their child for home-school and them arrest them for NOT registering their child for home schooling. That would fall apart in court. The state is prosecuting you for an action it refuses to let you undertake. It would be tossed out in an instant.

Plainly declare what you and your police state would do to these parents who do not submit their little girl's body to your whims.

post #113 of 124
Quote:

. You don't allow them to go to school or register for home schooling. And yes, just like today, parents who do not send their kids to school or register for home schooling may be arrested.

Well, I certainly can't speak for Hong Kong, but in the several US states and territories I've lived in, registering was not required to homeschool my children.
post #114 of 124
Quote:

Well, I certainly can't speak for Hong Kong, but in the several US states and territories I've lived in, registering was not required to homeschool my children.

Really? And were you never visited by the DOE to confirm that your children were being educated? After such a visit, you are registered as a homeschooler, whether that's what you called it or not. And you probably would expect future follow ups.

Homeschooling is rightfully prohibited in Hong Kong. But that's another issue that we might discuss in another thread.
post #115 of 124
So, to recap, those who oppose saving lives through mandatory vaccinations fall into one of two camps:
  • Sex should have consequences.
  • I don't like to be told what to do.

I find both reasons to be appalling when we are talking about granting herd immunity to diseases that have the capacity to kill.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #116 of 124
I'm finished here. You're repeatedly lying about what I said and lying about what is being discussed in this thread. The only way you can argue is to lie. I never said that you can't receive the vaccine after you've had sexual intercourse, you quoted me out of context and then after I explained myself you still claimed I said what I didn't I'm not dealing with a reasonable person here. Goodbye.
post #117 of 124
Who put what in the where now?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #118 of 124
Quote:

So, to recap, those who oppose saving lives through mandatory vaccinations fall into one of two camps:
  • Sex should have consequences.
  • I don't like to be told what to do.

I find both reasons to be appalling when we are talking about granting herd immunity to diseases that have the capacity to kill.

You've still completely refused to state what you would do to compel your herd BR.

It isn't about sex having consequences. It is about assuming the consequences of others when you haven't born the risk. Would you like the state to demand you attend classes to quit smoking when you don't smoke? Would you like it if the state mandated traffic school for you every time your neighbor got a ticket? Better still, would you like it if the state demanded this of 100% of the people when herd immunity only requires 85% or so.

I don't like to be told what to do is nothing like, I must bare the risk of others and have my rights removed. Why must you simply make stuff up?

You put such things in childish terms because cartoons and strawman reasoning have that effect.

Just like tonton, you can't quote, you have to make up the strawmen to knock them down. It's terrible reasoning.

Quote:

I'm finished here. You're repeatedly lying about what I said and lying about what is being discussed in this thread. The only way you can argue is to lie. I never said that you can't receive the vaccine after you've had sexual intercourse, you quoted me out of context and then after I explained myself you still claimed I said what I didn't I'm not dealing with a reasonable person here. Goodbye.

Good riddance. I should go back and quote every instance where you put words into someone's mouth and then called them a bunch of names based off your strawman and you have the gall to complain about someone quoting you out of context. The quote was dead clear. Go back to arguing with the voice in your head. You've not responded to people here. You've not stated what you would do to compel people in your police state. Go get help.

post #119 of 124
Quote:

Really? And were you never visited by the DOE to confirm that your children were being educated? After such a visit, you are registered as a homeschooler, whether that's what you called it or not. And you probably would expect future follow ups.

Really ... and no visits by anyone from the government or from anywhere else regarding my children's education. It's just not a concern of "theirs" (and rightfully not.)

You like that kind of attention from your government, so you choose to live someplace like Hong Kong (an awesome place to visit, I've had plenty of fun there, but not my kind of utopia.) I prefer more freedom, so I choose to live in the USA. If I wanted to be really oppressed, I suppose I could move to the Kingdom of Sa'ud. Apparently you've found a nice "middle ground" that suits YOU.

Vaccinate to your heart's content, just don't expect everyone else to feel the need to inject themselves with every little virus that's discovered on the planet.
post #120 of 124
Quote:

You tipped your hat. You want there to be consequences for sex.

There are, whether we like it or not.

Quote:

"We can..." Who is we? And does can mean "must?" That is the problem. You're actually in favor of mandating someone takes HPV vaccine. Tell me, how does that mesh with your "hands off my body" pro-abortion views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Let's nerf the world! Government is buying so it's free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

It comes from the mindset that you don't own your own life, society does, so you've got no right to risk it. This is the ancient tribal mentality of man, dressed up as something "new" and "progressive."

It is ironic that liberals portray themselves as young radicals, fighting the man, when their tribalist ideas are as ancient as you can get. Young bodies but old ideas. Whereas individual rights, which their opponents advocate, is a relatively new idea.

Agreed.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › If you are against vaccinations, you are an immediate threat to public health