or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Robert Sanatorium: The US's Next Elite Politician?

Robert Sanatorium: The US's Next Elite Politician?

post #1 of 24
Washington elite Sanatorium, may become the Republican leader and the American peoples leader, and for that matter, leader of the poor people abroad too.

Your thought?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 24
What's his name, again?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #3 of 24
Nah, there's no way that Santorum can surge all the way through to the general election. He wants to ban contraception. He's just the Christian right's latest way to figure out how not to have to vote for a Mormon. I don't think it will last. Even if it does, he'll get trounced in the general election.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

What's his name, again?

Robert InSanatorium?
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Nah, there's no way that Santorum can surge all the way through to the general election. He wants to ban contraception.

He's just the Christian right's latest way to figure out how not to have to vote for a Mormon.

I don't think it will last. Even if it does, he'll get trounced in the general election.

Does he really want to ban contraception? That sounds so... late 14th century.
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Robert InSanatorium?

You mean Rick Santorum?

post #7 of 24
Quote:

Does he really want to ban contraception? That sounds so... late 14th century.

Yup. And needless to say he hates the gays with a passion. Not only does he not want them to get married, he doesn't even want them to be able to have civil unions.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #8 of 24
Quote:

Yup. And needless to say he hates the gays with a passion. Not only does he not want them to get married, he doesn't even want them to be able to have civil unions.

Maybe he's really Iranian.
post #9 of 24
Quote:

Maybe he's really Iranian.

Let's not go there. I wouldn't characterize the Iranian people by the positions of their oppressive religious government. Let's just say Santorum is your prototypical religious bigot.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #10 of 24
Quote:

Let's not go there. I wouldn't characterize the Iranian people by the positions of their oppressive religious government. Let's just say Santorum is your prototypical religious bigot.

No, I wouldn't either, but I think in Iran he would be much loved by many, at least before he nukes them.
post #11 of 24
Is this a real thread?

post #12 of 24
Quote:

Is this a real thread?

It will be if he wins in New Hampshire.
post #13 of 24
Bigotry of one form or another never goes out of style....
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #14 of 24
This thread is hilarious. Between BR posting the "vernacular" definition of Santorum and Hands not knowing his first name, we're off to a good start.

In all seriousness, I don't like Santorum (the person, not the "substance." Wait...no, I don't like that either! ) He's too socially conservative for me and for the general electorate. Speaking as someone that lives in PA, I don't think he's as nuts as he's made out to be. He's also got some good positions on the economy and national security (though I think he's too aggressive on Iran).

As for the nomination, there is no way he wins. Romney is also going to win NH, which hasn't happened in long, long time. If he wins SC, the race is over. Even though Romney has not done as well in SC, there are some big things he has going for him. First, Gingrich is wrong...his competition is not Romney, it's Santorum. They have the same voters. This is complicated by Perry staying in, which will be a further drain. That leaves Romney's opposition divided. Secondly, Romney has a boat load of organization and money (and unofficially, PAC $). No way can Santorum, Gingrich, or Perry compete with all of that.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #15 of 24
Roberto Sanatorium makes full use of his eliteism to carry forward big government authoritarian control, whilst pocketing buckets full of stone cold cash. Are those the prequisite credentials of our out of control right wing here? Maybe so.

"He sponsored at least two Senate bills and pushed to amend a mammoth Medicare overhaul to include the extra spending, which would have benefited Universal Health Services, a Pennsylvania-based hospital management company with facilities in Puerto Rico. If it seems at odds with the small-government philosophy Mr. Santorum now espouses in his presidential campaign, it was in line with his legislative efforts to help businesses in his state.

Within months of leaving the Senate, Mr. Santorum joined the board of Universal Health Services, where he collected $395,000 in directors fees and stock options before resigning last year. He also became a consultant to Consol Energy, after years of advocating drilling and extraction policies helpful to the company, a Pennsylvania gas and coal producer. And he consulted for the American Continental Group, a lobbying firm whose clients won earmarks he sponsored."
~ http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/us...s.html?_r=1&hp
post #16 of 24
So he's much like any other politician?
post #17 of 24
Rigoletto Snapdragon is teh crazy!!!!111!!1!1

post #18 of 24
Quote:

Roberto Sanatorium makes full use of his eliteism to carry forward big government authoritarian control, whilst pocketing buckets full of stone cold cash. Are those the prequisite credentials of our out of control right wing here? Maybe so.

"He sponsored at least two Senate bills and pushed to amend a mammoth Medicare overhaul to include the extra spending, which would have benefited Universal Health Services, a Pennsylvania-based hospital management company with facilities in Puerto Rico. If it seems at odds with the small-government philosophy Mr. Santorum now espouses in his presidential campaign, it was in line with his legislative efforts to help businesses in his state.

Within months of leaving the Senate, Mr. Santorum joined the board of Universal Health Services, where he collected $395,000 in directors fees and stock options before resigning last year. He also became a consultant to Consol Energy, after years of advocating drilling and extraction policies helpful to the company, a Pennsylvania gas and coal producer. And he consulted for the American Continental Group, a lobbying firm whose clients won earmarks he sponsored."
~ http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/us...s.html?_r=1&hp

Hands, if you want to attack Santorum on his positions, past statements, gay rights record and even demeanor...that's fine. But don't start with this "he's not a conservative" and "he's corrupt" crap. At least be honest in your attacks on him. Surely you can do better.
post #19 of 24
He's actually not a small government conservative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gwwmm-cQxU

"They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and regulations low, that we shouldn't get involved in the bedroom or in cultural issues. That is not how traditional conservatives view the world." -Rick Santorum

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Hands, if you want to attack Santorum on his positions, past statements, gay rights record and even demeanor...that's fine. But don't start with this "he's not a conservative" and "he's corrupt" crap. At least be honest in your attacks on him. Surely you can do better.

BR's posted a link that will make folk like jazzguru's blood boil. Perhaps not yours, but you're voting for Romney, who a fair bit back in time on this forum I believe you labled a RINO.

Ricko was also voted by CREW as the 2nd most corrupt politician of the 109th congress, back in 2006. To draw that level of criticism though, doesn't mean he's neccessarily rotten, but he certainly knows the lobbying game well, plus some other handy tricks.

"Washington, DC – Today, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) released its second annual report on the most corrupt members of Congress entitled Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch). This encyclopedic report on corruption in the 109th Congress documents the egregious, unethical and possibly illegal activities of the most tainted members of Congress. CREW has compiled the members’ transgressions and analyzed them in light of federal laws and congressional rules.

Two members have been removed from last year’s list of 13. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) is now serving an eight-year jail term for bribery and Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) has agreed to plead guilty to crimes that will likely result in a minimum two-year prison term.

CREW has also re-launched the report’s tandem website, www.beyonddelay.org. The site offers short summaries of each member’s transgressions as well as the full-length profiles and all accompanying exhibits."
~ http://www.citizensforethics.org/ind...ngress-report/

Start your reading at page 207 from their pdf to begi. Ir details his nice government funded education for his kids- http://www.citizensforethics.org/pag...20.pdf?nocdn=1
post #21 of 24
Quote:

BR's posted a link that will make folk like jazzguru's blood boil. Perhaps not yours, but you're voting for Romney, who a fair bit back in time on this forum I believe you labled a RINO.

Santorum is a bigger neo-con than Romney and Newt. You really don't know me, do you?

post #22 of 24
Quote:

Santorum is a bigger neo-con than Romney and Newt. You really don't know me, do you?

You've got it backwards here. I know that you'd hate Ricko regarding BR's post. That was my point- the repubs aren't doing what the people here want them to do.
post #23 of 24
Quote:

I don't think I ever did that. I wanted him in 2008, too.

Quote:

Ricko was also voted by CREW as the 2nd most corrupt politician of the 109th congress, back in 2006. To draw that level of criticism though, doesn't mean he's neccessarily rotten, but he certainly knows the lobbying game well, plus some other handy tricks.

CREW is a leftist organization. Get real.
Quote:

"Washington, DC – Today, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) released its second annual report on the most corrupt members of Congress entitled Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch). This encyclopedic report on corruption in the 109th Congress documents the egregious, unethical and possibly illegal activities of the most tainted members of Congress. CREW has compiled the members’ transgressions and analyzed them in light of federal laws and congressional rules.

Two members have been removed from last year’s list of 13. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) is now serving an eight-year jail term for bribery and Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) has agreed to plead guilty to crimes that will likely result in a minimum two-year prison term.

CREW has also re-launched the report’s tandem website, www.beyonddelay.org. The site offers short summaries of each member’s transgressions as well as the full-length profiles and all accompanying exhibits."
~ http://www.citizensforethics.org/ind...ngress-report/

Start your reading at page 207 from their pdf to begi. Ir details his nice government funded education for his kids- http://www.citizensforethics.org/pag...20.pdf?nocdn=1

I know about the residency issue with his kids and school. That's not "corruption."
post #24 of 24

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Robert Sanatorium: The US's Next Elite Politician?