or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Rumor: Apple to ship high-res 'iPad 3' in March, 'iPad 4' with new apps in October

Rumor: Apple to ship high-res 'iPad 3' in March, 'iPad 4' with new apps in October - Page 2

post #41 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post

Come on AI you're losing credibility here.

They really just need to create an AppleInsider Jr. site and limit participation here to anyone of driving age or older.
post #42 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

The idea that Apple would release an iPad 4 in 2012 is so ridiculous that AppleInsider have tarnished their own credibility by republishing it.

No doubt!!!
post #43 of 105
And my projection for 2012 is a minor upgraded iPad2s with retina display and a lower priced iPad 2 in March. Followed by full blown upgraded iPad3 with a bazillion cores in October.
post #44 of 105
I wouldn't put any stock in that rumor. What nonsense.

I expect only an iPad 3 in 2012, and my guess would be some time in July or later.
post #45 of 105
iPad 2s then iPad 3.
post #46 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venerable View Post

They really just need to create an AppleInsider Jr. site and limit participation here to anyone of driving age or older.

Nah, to make a real difference, the entry age limit here would have to be higher, maybe 25 years old (the age at which most rental car agencies will let you have a car).
post #47 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Trolls and shills, but only because they're allowed to.

AI would gain considerable respectability both by ignoring Digitimes rumors, and by simply banning a) people who's only point in posting is to say, "I knew this was a DED article from the headline," b) obvious trolls like the current ... (seriously, what exactly is the point of not banning him?) and c) equally obvious shills like ..... (I mean, I know he has to make a living, but not here, with his constant stream of innuendo, misinformation and outright lies).

Eventually, every forum goes into a death spiral when these people are allowed to poison it.

Tech Web sites and their comment sections as spin machines for the industry's 'dire straight' competition; that's what it comes down to. In fact, it's no different than those large surface stores with their sale personnel pushing one brand over the other through a 'commission-based' sales strategy.

You can't trust Web sites information content no more than you can trust salespersons to tell the unadulterated facts and figures about your options as a consumer. The whole industry is spinning out of control into wishful thinking-like fiction, for lack of creative alternative to Apple streaking successes.

The truth is that the creative application of 'mobile' has developed over time into an Apple monopoly. All that is left to profit from,*lumps into a pseudo-creative Hedonistic compact, a simulation of what ought to have evolved in the first place into fair, equal-opportunity type competition. And has not ...through the upheaval brought about by a man's ...unadulterated vision...

The obnoxious noise comes with the lonesomeness of inhabiting a monopolistic territory. Slightly more bearable ...if better understated.
post #48 of 105
At some point, I'd like to see a larger screen iPad -- say 15" or 17" with a more granular touch surface to support an optional stylus.

I just fired up my 2003 17" AluBook -- and the iPad 2 outperforms it in most ways.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
post #49 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

That will be followed by an "iPad 4" with "killer applications" set to launch in October.

This would not even make sense. So the iPad 3 will be a major upgrade with Retina Display but supposedly an iPad 4 will be released later this year with "killer applications"? The App Store is where all the killer apps are really at.
post #50 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Fine...but don't call me Summarily!

Shirley you jest.
post #51 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

Shirley you jest.

"Siri, you jest."

*ding-ding*

"I don't. And don't call me Siri."

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #52 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMacFan View Post

2. Other than processor and retina screen res, doesn't sound like a big improvement over iPad 2 (but I have iPad 1 where its a big jump).

6. Longer term it would seem to me a fall replacement calender is nice as it maximizes holiday sales and older models are ripe for back to schools sales in August/September before a new one comes in. But if you do that for all products it may put too much pressure on teams within the company and partners to have so many fall launches.

2) I fully anticipate the back camera will be improving to at least the level of the iPhone 4's 5MP (altho if they paired that 5MP w/the sensor from the 4S or just gave us the 4S camera, I wouldn't complain) and there have been some rumors stating a better front facing camera too. Those would be very nice. Now add in the possibility of more RAM and possibly more storage space and it will be well worth the cost difference between a 2 and a 3.

6) Early Spring update allows you to have some things for people to look forward to throughout the year, plus they need to keep all their quarters good. Spring also allows for some slippage space. If you aim for a late Oct/early Nov release on important items and you have to push back at all, you may well miss the big holiday season. Most people don't pay attention to Apple's product cycle and find out about new products when they show up in a store. Informed users will wait the extra couple of months if they feel it will be a big enough jump, and most people posting on AI fall into that category, but we are certainly not the majority.
post #53 of 105
Quote:

The idea that Apple would release an iPad 4 in 2012 is so ridiculous that AppleInsider have tarnished their own credibility by republishing it.

Amen to that! I just woke up, grabbed my iPhone from my night stand and read the article. What a load of crap.
post #54 of 105
Thanks everyone!

Apple Insider has been my favourite Apple news site for a while, and half of the enjoyment is reading the comments section after every article.
post #55 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I give up! I hope the Mayans are right.

Thanks for the laugh!
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
post #56 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"Siri, you jest."

*ding-ding*

"I don't. And don't call me Siri."

Get Siri OS....
- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #57 of 105
I swear these "rumors" are just all BS. This was the same rumor as last year around this time. Just replace iPad3 with iPad2 and replace iPad4 with iPad3.
post #58 of 105
Quote:

Get Siri OS....

Speaking of Siri, check this out: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/11/26/siri-...ying-overhead/

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

post #59 of 105
I've said it before, but there should be some sort of criminal penalty for starting a false rumor which turns out to be fake. Possible motives can be financial fraud, illegal stock manipulation and planting false information from competitors in order to confuse certain naive customers.

Whoever claimed that an iPad 3 was due to be released in the fall of 2011 should have charges filed against them, because we all know how that bullshit and braindead rumor turned out. And there were actually some people on this site that believed in that bullshit rumor and they even argued why it would be a good idea and why it would make sense.

Some tech sites (digitimes) are worse than tabloids like the National Enquirer.
post #60 of 105
Quote:

Speaking of Siri, check this out: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/11/26/siri-...ying-overhead/

Ha!

It works for satellites too...

So, naturally, I asked Siri: "Wolfram registered sex offenders in the area".

Siri got all flustered and repeatedly asked if She could do a web search -- even as I kept replying "yes".
- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #61 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I've said it before, but there should be some sort of criminal penalty for starting a false rumor which turns out to be fake. Possible motives can be financial fraud, illegal stock manipulation and planting false information from competitors in order to confuse certain naive customers.

Whoever claimed that an iPad 3 was due to be released in the fall of 2011 should have charges filed against them, because we all know how that bullshit and braindead rumor turned out. And there were actually some people on this site that believed in that bullshit rumor and they even argued why it would be a good idea and why it would make sense.

Some tech sites (digitimes) are worse than tabloids like the National Enquirer.

Pandering to the gullible is not illegal...

The rest of this post was removed because it w as offensive to Prof. Peabody:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

With all the talk on this thread about the "new" trolls that are ruining everything for the rest of us and how the site has gone downhill etc., I'd like to point a finger at Dick here.

He's been on this site forever and insists on publishing his ridiculous reactionary political views every week or so without fail. I get that you are an arch conservative Mr. Applebaum. I get that you like Fox news and everything they say and that you think the world is coming to an end and that kids today are awful and nothing is like it used to be when you were a little kid in 1920 or whatever, but your posts are insulting and worse than the worst of the "trolls" if you ask me.

I just want to point out that here is a person who rarely if ever violates the "rules" (such as they are) of this forum but is still equally if not more annoying and insulting than the so-called "trolls." Politics (especially American politics) have no place on a forum like this IMO.

Please consider keeping your radical opinions to yourself or perhaps only bringing them out when they are at least somewhat relevant. Politics had nothing to do with this thread until you arrived.
- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #62 of 105
Here's another braindead, false rumor from the same dumb female reporter who is one of the "journalists" behind this current rumor.

Apple reportedly plans to launch its second-generation iPad, using 5.6-inch and 7-inch OLED panels, as soon as in the fourth quarter of 2010 with Compal Electronics having a chance to receive the orders, according to sources from component makers.
post #63 of 105
Quote:

Pandering to the gullible is not illegal... MSNBC for example!

Yeah, I suppose that you're right.

Are you thinking about the Kramer guy, who gives out stock tips?

(edit) - I saw your link now.....
post #64 of 105
Quote:

Ha!

It works for satellites too...

So, naturally, I asked Siri: "Wolfram registered sex offenders in the area".

Siri got all flustered and repeatedly asked if She could do a web search -- even as I kept replying "yes".

I asked Siri about the sex offenders near me but it kept turning on the front facing camera and showing my face on the screen. \

post #65 of 105
Quote:

I asked Siri about the sex offenders near me but it kept turning on the front facing camera and showing my face on the screen. \

- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #66 of 105
Quote:

They have not tarnished their credibility at all. This is a rumor site. They publish rumors even if they might be false.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

post #67 of 105
Quote:

Holy FRICK.

This just keeps getting better. Apple made the right decision to go with Wolfram|Alpha.

Heck, they should buy them. Google can have their search, Apple will have information.

post #68 of 105
Could someone make a Safari extension that searches for DigiTimes on every page, and if the term is found, replaces the page with something more useful, such as a YouTube video about keeping neckties organized?
post #69 of 105
Quote:

Yea, I can scarcely believe what I am reading in this AI post.

There is absolutely no way that Apple would introduce a new model of iPad so soon. We barely have an inkling that an iPad 3 is on the horizon, why on Earth would they introduce an iPad 4 only a couple fiscal quarters away?
post #70 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Could someone make a Safari extension that searches for DigiTimes on every page, and if the term is found, replaces the page with something more useful, such as a YouTube video about keeping neckties organized?

Oh, like Hard On The Bieber, but with DigiTimes? Seems pretty simple.

post #71 of 105
Same rumor, new year. Oh DigiTimes, what groundless rumor WON'T you post for link traffic?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #72 of 105
What you'll find is that Apple will release the iPad Book in January, iPad Steve in February, iPad 5 in March, iPad Fools in April, 7" iPad in May.
post #73 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

[...] questionable report claiming Apple plans to debut a third-generation iPad in March, while an "iPad 4" will arrive in October of this year. [...]

I'd expect the iPad 3 to be this year's only iPad. And I'd also expect iOS 6 to have some killer apps.
Apple should release this year's iPad with iOS 5.1 initially. Then they should release the next-gen
iOS in the fall, as always, to give developers time to update their apps to use new APIs and features
after WWDC. The combination of high-res quad-core iPad 3 plus iOS 6 should prove to be an
enormous leap ahead in terms of power, features, and "experience." That's all Apple needs to do.

And think of it this way. If Apple ships an iPad 3 early in the year, then an improved iPad 4 later
in the year, it will "train" consumers to ignore the early 2013 iPad. They'll be expecting a better
iPad in late 2013, so they'll hold off on buying the "early one." This would be terrible for Apple,
especially if they don't release two iPads in 2013. Consumers would hold off on buying the
early 2013 iPad and wait for the later, better 2013 model that will never arrive.

Then again, who knows? Maybe the quad-core A6 won't be ready for early 2012 production. TSMC
might need extra time to gear up for mass production. That would force Apple to ship the first
2012 iPad with the current A5 design. And / or maybe by releasing a late-2012 iPad 4, Apple
could shift their iPad release schedule to fall every year. They could keep the iPhone release
in summer, freeing up spring. So what would Apple announce every spring instead of iPad?

The Apple television set. If Apple does commit to building their own TV set, they will give it several
months in the marketing spotlight every year. When Apple released the first iPad, it got nearly
6 months of home page exposure on Apple.com. Before and after its initial availability.
The TV set would merit the same focus. It would have most of the year to gain mindshare before
the crucial holiday / Super Bowl season. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #74 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

What you'll find is that Apple will release the iPad Book in January, iPad Steve in February, iPad 5 in March, iPad Fools in April, 7" iPad in May.

Don't quite your day job...you have a long way to go before being funny.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #75 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Why would Apple worry about countering some rumored Google tablet? They practically own the market and an iPad 3 release would only further that.

they wouldn't. Which is part of why this Digitimes rumor is BS. Not to mention recycled from their rumor for last year.

As for the 'killer applications' anyone notice that that's the 1 year mark for iOS 5, which means that it might not be an iPad 4 hardware but merely the new software which combined with previously released hardware (sometime I'm guessing between March and late May) will allow for some new tricks, like perhaps more bells and whistles in the iOS Garageband and iMovie, a few more editing tricks in iPhoto. Some apps to work together with Logic and Final Cut similar to what Adobe did with photoshop etc.
post #76 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Actually there's a series of videos on youtube of attractive women showing you how to tie all the standard type of tie knots. Informative and pretty women, how can that be bad?
post #77 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Please note that it's not AppleInsider making this crap up; they're just reporting it from its source.

I think the real issue is that they are just reporting it from a source. With no commentary. No analysis for the neophytes etc of how valid the source is in terms of getting things right. Now any particular detail fits without Apple's SOP or how it doesn't. How likely it is, with Jobs death that the company is going to just turn and do everything the opposite of how he wanted it now that the 'Wicked Witch is dead'. and so on.

Rather they are just barfing up someone else's likely total nonsense with little effort.
post #78 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I think it is possible to release two iPad's this year, but only if the LTE version is not ready for a March or April release because the LTE chipset is delayed.

If the LTE chip is the reason then I suspect they would delay the whole release rather than risk the negative PR of two models in one year. Especially if the delay is only a couple of months, say to June.

That said I really don't think we can count on LTE in the iPad until next year. First reason being that LTE isn't really ready for the amount of data that LTE could bring into the game. Second, because Apple likes to introduce awesome new stuff with the iPhone and that most likely won't be until the fall
post #79 of 105
Quote:

Pandering to the gullible is not illegal ...

With all the talk on this thread about the "new" trolls that are ruining everything for the rest of us and how the site has gone downhill etc., I'd like to point a finger at Dick here.

He's been on this site forever and insists on publishing his ridiculous reactionary political views every week or so without fail. I get that you are an arch conservative Mr. Applebaum. I get that you like Fox news and everything they say and that you think the world is coming to an end and that kids today are awful and nothing is like it used to be when you were a little kid in 1920 or whatever, but your posts are insulting and worse than the worst of the "trolls" if you ask me.

I just want to point out that here is a person who rarely if ever violates the "rules" (such as they are) of this forum but is still equally if not more annoying and insulting than the so-called "trolls." Politics (especially American politics) have no place on a forum like this IMO.

Please consider keeping your radical opinions to yourself or perhaps only bringing them out when they are at least somewhat relevant. Politics had nothing to do with this thread until you arrived.
post #80 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Kool View Post

You guys are gonna line up like gerbils looking for a pellet everytime Apple releases a new phone or tablet and there's nothing you can do about it because Apple marketing owns you. You just have to have the latest Apple gear or you feel inadequate because you're insecure people who think cheap gadgets make you special.

Yeah, you're really gonna fit in well here.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Rumor: Apple to ship high-res 'iPad 3' in March, 'iPad 4' with new apps in October
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Rumor: Apple to ship high-res 'iPad 3' in March, 'iPad 4' with new apps in October