2) It does seem to be missing some ports that are mentioned in the article and it makes no sense for them to be on the right side or back of this model.
3) That MagSafe cable in the mock up seems to have strung through for the sake of it. I'm sure they don't have rights to include that connector as Apple doesn't seem to license it (unfortunately).
4) I don't think the price is excessive for a multi-port dock. Over the years I've seen them go for a lot more doing a lot less, and this is Thunderbolt which is the latest-and-greatest and fast. In a year the prices will have dropped due to many factors working on the market.
5) I am surprised they didn't go for USB 3.0 but I'm also surprised people are asking for eSATA. If TB is the replacement for any port interface type it's eSATA.
6) I hope the headphone jack is also the mic and allow for data access like on iDevices, Macs and other vendors' devices.
7) I can see a PCIe box hitting the market but that would be a separate device than this type of dock. Would that even work out of the box for allowing much better graphics to a large monitor from a notebook without heavy focus on supplemental SW development?