or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Urine Gate: Abu Grahib II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Urine Gate: Abu Grahib II

post #1 of 49
Thread Starter 
US Troops on video urinating on "Taliban" corpses.

You know, I wasn't sure if we needed ANOTHER thread on this topic, seeing as there are like 7 threads calling for SecDef to be fired, POTUS to resign and VPOTUS to be tried for war crimes in The Hague.

Oh wait...that was when it was some guys pretending to electrocute people and standing on them pyramid style. That was when Bush was in office. But desecrating corpses on camera? Well, that's just so regrettable. Don't worry, we called Karzai and told him those troops are in big, BIG trouble.

Edit: Maybe there is a way we can blame Bush for this?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #2 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

US Troops on video urinating on "Taliban" corpses.

You know, I wasn't sure if we needed ANOTHER thread on this topic, seeing as there are like 7 threads calling for SecDef to be fired, POTUS to resign and VPOTUS to be tried for war crimes in The Hague.

Oh wait...that was when it was some guys pretending to electrocute people and standing on them pyramid style. That was when Bush was in office. But desecrating corpses on camera? Well, that's just so regrettable. Don't worry, we called Karzai and told him those troops are in big, BIG trouble.

Edit: Maybe there is a way we can blame Bush for this?

It's that typical Democratic double-speak. Peace prizes for starting wars and earning world respect by pissing on people.

Our savior has shown us the one true way. It's called lie through your teeth and grab whatever you can hold.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #3 of 49
Your retarded spin aside, this is utterly outrageous. Of course, it's in the same spirit as the threats against Jessica Ahlquist as posted in my other thread. Regardless, those soldiers need to be locked up and anyone who knew about it and covered it up as well. If it goes all the way to the top, so be it. I doubt it does, however.

Where's your fucking shock and outrage, though? The first think you think of is to figure out a way to pin this on Obama? You guys are fucking sick.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #4 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Your retarded spin aside, this is utterly outrageous. Of course, it's in the same spirit as the threats against Jessica Ahlquist as posted in my other thread. Regardless, those soldiers need to be locked up and anyone who knew about it and covered it up as well. If it goes all the way to the top, so be it. I doubt it does, however.

Of course not, because Rumsfeld and Bush are not at the top. There is no spin here, BR. That's not what that sound is! It's merely the planet-sized double standard you and the lefties are using as it comes slamming back to the ground.

Tell me...how does it feel to be intellectually and morally bankrupt?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #5 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Of course not, because Rumsfeld and Bush are not at the top. There is no spin here, BR. That's not what that sound is! It's merely the planet-sized double standard you and the lefties are using as it comes slamming back to the ground.

Tell me...how does it feel to be intellectually and morally bankrupt?

The going to war under false pretenses and lying to the American public about the threat Iraq posed was the premise for much of the war-crime talk. You're reaching and failing. I'm intellectually and morally bankrupt because I said lock Obama up if he knew about this and covered it up? Are you fucking INSANE?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #6 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Your retarded spin aside, this is utterly outrageous. Of course, it's in the same spirit as the threats against Jessica Ahlquist as posted in my other thread. Regardless, those soldiers need to be locked up and anyone who knew about it and covered it up as well. If it goes all the way to the top, so be it. I doubt it does, however.

Where's your fucking shock and outrage, though? The first think you think of is to figure out a way to pin this on Obama? You guys are fucking sick.

What are you hypocritically ranting about? Organizations reflect their leaders. Obama is the sort of man that keeps torture camps open. He's the type of man that asks to permanently detain American citizens and orders them murdered with drones.

His leadership of an organization is what makes those within it believe they can act and behave in a certain manner. They merely reflect his leadership. He is accountable for all that happens.

Plus it couldn't happen if we didn't stick our nose in there in the first place right?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #7 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

What are you hypocritically ranting about? Organizations reflect their leaders. Obama is the sort of man that keeps torture camps open. He's the type of man that asks to permanently detain American citizens and orders them murdered with drones.

His leadership of an organization is what makes those within it believe they can act and behave in a certain manner. They merely reflect his leadership. He is accountable for all that happens.

Plus it couldn't happen if we didn't stick our nose in there in the first place right?

I've looked over everything BR has said and I see no hypocrisy here. I'll repeat what he said. If Obama is involved then he needs to be held accountable.

Why are you two so quick to create conflict where there is none? That shows clear antagonistic motives.
post #8 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I've looked over everything BR has said and I see no hypocrisy here. I'll repeat what he said. If Obama is involved then he needs to be held accountable.

Why are you two so quick to create conflict where there is none? That shows clear antagonistic motives.

It is hypocritical because if it were a something he disagrees with, then it would automatically go to the top. Hell the guy is indicting an entire religion due to whatever creeper du jour is posting about Jessica Ahlquist and her court case.

So the point remains, and is profoundly hypocritical. If the cause, party or organization is one with which he disagrees, the actions of the few, the actions of those that may or may not even be involved, automatically implicate, condemn and become the rule for the entire group. There's no "if" in that. Look at these threats. This proves Christians and religion is bad. That is the rule.

For the causes, party, or organization he cares about, there's due process, there's reasonable doubt, there's even human nature, the law of averages, the law of large numbers, etc. These soldiers did something bad. Do not judge the organization or leaders. Instead investigate, see who knows what and punish the exception rather than the rule.

Now the last bit, and this is just doubling down on the crazy, nutty goodness, is that he declares the soldier actions are in the "same spirit" as the people talking about Jessica Ahlquist.

It is about the biggest logical leap one could make. Thus.... because some people, could be Christians, could be something else, might be involved with the school, might just be some wackos on Twitter, make mean comments, now the entire religion of Christianity is a bunch of shit. In otherwords again, the exception proves the rule.

However if asked about that in reverse, not only does the exception not prove the rule, aka does the actions of a few soldiers implicate the entire armed forces and their civilian leadership aka Obama, in this case, the exception jumps to a completely different rule (the soldier actions are in the same spirit as those nasty Christians) and somehow proves it while leaving the first rule (Obama is the leader and it should reflect on him) completely clean and absolved. So BR has said that the very act of attempting to say soldiers actions reflect Obama's leadership or that what he knew should investigated is the same as making a threat against this girl.

So in otherwords, his call for outrage, condemnation and investigation of threats Jessica Ahlquist is a good and proper thing. Calling for outrage, condemnation and investgation of what Obama knew related to the cover up what these soldiers did, well that is in the same spirit or is the same in speech and actions as the threats against Jessica Ahlquist. It means the calls for investigation of Obama are the same as threats.

It is pure hypocrisy.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #9 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I've looked over everything BR has said and I see no hypocrisy here. I'll repeat what he said. If Obama is involved then he needs to be held accountable.

Why are you two so quick to create conflict where there is none? That shows clear antagonistic motives.

Seriously. They are looking for double standards when there are none here. I truly believe that they are projecting. The cognitive dissonance must be overwhelming. Just in the past 3 years we've had Republicans fighting against tax cuts, military intervention, and the largest handout in history to the insurance companies through Bob Dole's 1994 healthcare plan finally come to fruition. That following 8 years of making excuses for GWB trying to somehow connect Iraq to 9/11--it's no wonder they can't come to grips with the idea that I find pissing on dead Talibani deplorable and demand anyone who knew be fully held accountable.

I think they know just how awful GWB was. I think they know he lied to the public to go to war, skyrocketing our debt while keeping it off the books to make it seem like the deficits that were already being run up weren't nearly as bad as they were. I think they know he didn't represent their ideals but can't bear to show weakness or a lack of solidarity. I think they've channeled all of that rage and unfairly directed it toward Obama, desperately wanting to rewrite history and get a do-over in 2012--except all of their candidates suck huge donkey balls...and they know that, too. That makes them froth even harder.

Let me repeat. If Obama knew about this and covered it up, he should be tried as a war criminal. Period. No equivocations.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #10 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Seriously. They are looking for double standards when there are none here. I truly believe that they are projecting. The cognitive dissonance must be overwhelming. Just in the past 3 years we've had Republicans fighting against tax cuts, military intervention, and the largest handout in history to the insurance companies through Bob Dole's 1994 healthcare plan finally come to fruition. That following 8 years of making excuses for GWB trying to somehow connect Iraq to 9/11--it's no wonder they can't come to grips with the idea that I find pissing on dead Talibani deplorable and demand anyone who knew be fully held accountable.

I think they know just how awful GWB was. I think they know he lied to the public to go to war, skyrocketing our debt while keeping it off the books to make it seem like the deficits that were already being run up weren't nearly as bad as they were. I think they know he didn't represent their ideals but can't bear to show weakness or a lack of solidarity. I think they've channeled all of that rage and unfairly directed it toward Obama, desperately wanting to rewrite history and get a do-over in 2012--except all of their candidates suck huge donkey balls...and they know that, too. That makes them froth even harder.

Let me repeat. If Obama knew about this and covered it up, he should be tried as a war criminal. Period. No equivocations.

Clean up on aisle 7. Someone barfed listening to the guy who voted for the party that promised us balanced budgets, PAYGO, a peace dividend, ending of wars, along with ending Gitmo, torture, global warming, while also promising us green jobs, clean energy, better employment rates, and of course cheaper health care talk about hypocrisy and support for it.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #11 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

US Troops on video urinating on "Taliban" corpses.

You know, I wasn't sure if we needed ANOTHER thread on this topic, seeing as there are like 7 threads calling for SecDef to be fired, POTUS to resign and VPOTUS to be tried for war crimes in The Hague.

Oh wait...that was when it was some guys pretending to electrocute people and standing on them pyramid style. That was when Bush was in office. But desecrating corpses on camera? Well, that's just so regrettable. Don't worry, we called Karzai and told him those troops are in big, BIG trouble.

Edit: Maybe there is a way we can blame Bush for this?

My hats off to these soldiers who did this on the Taliban soldiers. Screw all of them over there in this throwback country.
post #12 of 49
If someone had shot at you, and you killed him first..... with the adrenalin raging, such is hardly surprising.

Urinating on a corpse is amongst the most trivial, or harmless events in the pursuit of war. It's not even news. "Disrespect" doesn't even enter the equation.

But how come the corporate weasel getting all uppity about it, as if its an atrocity comparable with the other horrors i.e. - norms - of warfare, regardless of who is conducting it?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #13 of 49
Utterly despicable and deplorable actions, for sure.

But you know what's worse than someone urinating on your corpse?

Being killed.

Your children being killed in their beds by drone attacks.

Your home and property being obliterated.

Being forced to wander from place to place as a refugee.

Your children starving to death from lack of food due to economic sanctions.

Your life being utterly destroyed by forces outside your control and for no good reason.

But perhaps worst of all is the utter callousness and indifference with which some Americans view such things.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #14 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Utterly despicable and deplorable actions, for sure.

But you know what's worse than someone urinating on your corpse?

Being killed.

Your children being killed in their beds by drone attacks.

Your home and property being obliterated.

Being forced to wander from place to place as a refugee.

Your children starving to death from lack of food due to economic sanctions.

Your life being utterly destroyed by forces outside your control and for no good reason.

But perhaps worst of all is the utter callousness and indifference with which some Americans view such things.

+1 Like
post #15 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

+1 Like

Agreed.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #16 of 49
Unfortunately there's no known way to conduct war without blowing up houses, killing children, and creating refugees. So in practice, jazzguru's position is we should never defend ourselves.
post #17 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Unfortunately there's no known way to conduct war without blowing up houses, killing children, and creating refugees.

That's little consolation for those who have lost their homes, property, livelihood, loved ones, and lives.

If the tables were turned, and it was your home that was being bombed, would you be so dismissive?

Quote:
So in practice, jazzguru's position is we should never defend ourselves.

You are incorrect. I believe in the non-aggression principle.

Non-aggression is not the same as pacifism.

Non-intervention is not the same as isolationism.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #18 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Unfortunately there's no known way to conduct war without blowing up houses, killing children, and creating refugees. So in practice, jazzguru's position is we should never defend ourselves.

We should defend ourselves in response to aggression. Iraq, continuing action in Afghanistan, Libya, pre-emptively attacking Iran based on unfounded suspicion of motives FFS... that's not defense... that's warmongering. It costs billions and it costs lives and only serves to piss people off and make them WANT to attack us when they didn't want to before. It doesn't make us safer in any way shape or form.
post #19 of 49
IIRC, no one here thought that Bush had personally ordered or personally approved the actions at Abu Ghraib.
Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

The argument was that it occurred on his (and Rumsfeld's) watch, and as such it was necessary that he, as CIC, accept responsibility.

Can someone on the left please explain why the goalposts have shifted for the Obama administration?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #20 of 49
Citation needed. You don't get to make the accusation and then push the burden of proof onto someone else. I know it works for you with religion, but I'm not buying it.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #21 of 49
Well searching 'Abu Ghraib' on AI only brings up posts as early as 2007, so posts about a 2004 event are difficult to cite.

But stick with the condescending posts about religious posters here.
It does wonders for your credibility when you complain that religious people aren't being nice.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #22 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Utterly despicable and deplorable actions, for sure.

But you know what's worse than someone urinating on your corpse?

Being killed.

Your children being killed in their beds by drone attacks.

Your home and property being obliterated.

Being forced to wander from place to place as a refugee.

Your children starving to death from lack of food due to economic sanctions.

Your life being utterly destroyed by forces outside your control and for no good reason.

But perhaps worst of all is the utter callousness and indifference with which some Americans view such things.

Absolutely so. And, so many of those who express such indifference, callousness and blind hatred have the gall to describe themselves as pro-American, or "patriotic".

The depths to which some people stoop is beyond all bounds of belief... Or, perhaps these are characters who are unable to understand, because they suffer from a sociopathic (or even psychopathic) condition... ie lacking the connection to a moral center that is present in the huge majority of humanity.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #23 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Well searching 'Abu Ghraib' on AI only brings up posts as early as 2007, so posts about a 2004 event are difficult to cite.

But stick with the condescending posts about religious posters here.
It does wonders for your credibility when you complain that religious people aren't being nice.

Just stating a simple truth that religious people make assertions without evidence.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #24 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Just stating a simple truth that religious people make assertions without evidence.

Our president as a prime example of this point.

Another simple truth, utopians with an agenda make assertions without evidence. See claims about HPV virus and ending cervical cancer as an example.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #25 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

If someone had shot at you, and you killed him first..... with the adrenalin raging, such is hardly surprising.

Urinating on a corpse is amongst the most trivial, or harmless events in the pursuit of war. It's not even news. "Disrespect" doesn't even enter the equation.

But how come the corporate weasel getting all uppity about it, as if its an atrocity comparable with the other horrors i.e. - norms - of warfare, regardless of who is conducting it?

I commend you for your honesty in this situation that happened.War is hell!
post #26 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Another simple truth, utopians with an agenda make assertions without evidence.

Well said. People talk about how deadly viruses are, but ideas can be deadly too. 94m people died of Communism. Where is my do-gooder vaccination please?
post #27 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I've looked over everything BR has said and I see no hypocrisy here. I'll repeat what he said. If Obama is involved then he needs to be held accountable.

Why are you two so quick to create conflict where there is none? That shows clear antagonistic motives.

That was not your position on Abu Grahib. Nor was it BR's. Nor the rest of the lefty pack.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #28 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That was not your position on Abu Grahib. Nor was it BR's. Nor the rest of the lefty pack.

Okay, let me clarify... if this doesn't stop now, then Obama needs to take serious action to stop it, or he should be held accountable. That was exactly my opinion with regard to Bush.
post #29 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That was not your position on Abu Grahib. Nor was it BR's. Nor the rest of the lefty pack.

I don't think this situation has a parallel with Abu Ghraib. The urination episode was a spontaneous act by pumped-up soldiers who had just been in a firefight.

Abu Ghraib was a result of official policy ie the orders originated somewhere within the chain of command far above those who committed the abuses. Those at the bottom end of the chain, of course, were held responsible. (Legal precedent has shown time after time that "following orders is no defense", if the orders are illegal in the first place).

Even Donald Rumsfeld while he was Defense Secretary asked the following question:

Quote:
"I'd like to know who was in charge of the.... what agencies or private contractors were in charge of interrogations? Did they have authority over the guards? And what were their instructions to the guards?

No answers to this question was forthcoming, perhaps because private contractors are not legally obliged to provide them?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #30 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Seriously. They are looking for double standards when there are none here. I truly believe that they are projecting.

Did the left not call for heads to roll after Abu Grahib? Did you and yours not scream that Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush should all suffer consequences because they "supported torture" and were responsible for the conduct of the troops under their command? Didn't we hear screaming about how the Pentagon (and thereby Bush) allowed this to happen, and even created an environment where it could take place? Yes, I believe we did.

Quote:

The cognitive dissonance must be overwhelming. Just in the past 3 years we've had Republicans fighting against tax cuts,

The GOP was not "fighting against tax cuts" and you damn well know it.


Quote:

military intervention,

Where, in Libya? On the contrary, Congress was practically begging to support that mission. And are Republicans not allowed to oppose intervention?

Quote:


and the largest handout in history to the insurance companies through Bob Dole's 1994 healthcare plan finally come to fruition.

Yeah, because those plans were the same. They were both rammed through Congress with bribes and parliamentary tricks.

Quote:

That following 8 years of making excuses for GWB trying to somehow connect Iraq to 9/11--it's no wonder they can't come to grips with the idea that I find pissing on dead Talibani deplorable and demand anyone who knew be fully held accountable.

Not this shit again. GWB mentioned Iraq and 9/11 in the same paragraph! The same sentence! He must have been trying to create the impression they were involved! Let's just ignore that 9/11 changed the way we perceived Saddam and threats in general. Nothing to see here.

Quote:


I think they know just how awful GWB was.

Yeah, man...thinks SUCKED during Bush.

Quote:

I think they know he lied to the public to go to war,

That charge has never even made sense.

Quote:
skyrocketing our debt while keeping it off the books to make it seem like the deficits that were already being run up weren't nearly as bad as they were.

You mean the debt that was less in 8 years than Obama's in 3.5? That debt? You mean the deficit that is now 4 times higher than before? That deficit? You are a joke.

Quote:

I think they know he didn't represent their ideals but can't bear to show weakness or a lack of solidarity. I think they've channeled all of that rage and unfairly directed it toward Obama, desperately wanting to rewrite history and get a do-over in 2012--except all of their candidates suck huge donkey balls...and they know that, too. That makes them froth even harder.

Let me get this straight: Conservative anger at Bush as been unfairly directed at Obama? Wow. That's a new one. I'm sure it nothing to do with the fact that Obama has been a disaster as President. Debt. Deficits. Unemployment. Class warfare rhetoric. Out of control growth of government. Feckless, politically motivated foreign and military policy. Abuse of states' rights. Failure to address immigration. A rammed-through, bloated trillion-dollar healthcare bill that nobody wants. Bowing to foreign leaders. Apologizing for America on foreign soil. Calling Americans soft and lazy. A radical, racist first lady who believes we live in a "mean" country, tells people to eat healthy, then gets photographed sucking down cheeseburgers on her $500,00 vacation while being called "her highness."

Quote:

Let me repeat. If Obama knew about this and covered it up, he should be tried as a war criminal. Period. No equivocations.

Not good enough, not according to the Left. Obama must be impeached. Panetta must be tried for war crimes. Right? RIGHT?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #31 of 49
Never put SDW in a management position above an accounting department. When it is found out that the previous accountant who left the firm was cooking the books, the new accountant gets blamed 100%.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...dgets-for-war/
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...ebt_histo5.htm

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #32 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Never put SDW in a management position above an accounting department. When it is found out that the previous accountant who left the firm was cooking the books, the new accountant gets blamed 100%.

No one is blaming Obama for the situation he inherited. I am blaming him for the actions he's taken to "fix" the problem. The situation is indisputably worse than it was, from deficits to debt...and the economy is not growing as a result of the policies he implemented. He's failed.


Those links do not help your argument. At all.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #33 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No one is blaming Obama for the situation he inherited. I am blaming him for the actions he's taken to "fix" the problem. The situation is indisputably worse than it was, from deficits to debt...and the economy is not growing as a result of the policies he implemented. He's failed.



Those links do not help your argument. At all.

Obama has failed. But we are at polar opposites as to why. I happen to agree with the opinion of most major global economists. You agree with the neocons.
post #34 of 49
Is Obama responsible for his actions - or inaction?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #35 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Is Obama responsible for his actions - or inaction?

Sure. He shouldn't receive the Democratic nomination. But he's still way better than any other alternative at this time.
post #36 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Sure. He shouldn't receive the Democratic nomination. But he's still way better than any other alternative at this time.

Where is the Democratic opposition to what Obama is doing? Bad energy loans, lost jobs, unaccountable spending that damages the brand, etc. Why protect Obama?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #37 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Sure. He shouldn't receive the Democratic nomination. But he's still way better than any other alternative at this time.

That is nuts. He's completely unqualified compared to any of the GOP candidates.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #38 of 49
Looks like conservative journalist Andrew Sullivan disagrees with you underestimating what President Obama has achieved.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...s-critics.html

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #39 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Looks like conservative journalist Andrew Sullivan disagrees with you underestimating what President Obama has achieved.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...s-critics.html

Funny how you ignore this egregious example of media bias.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Not this shit again. GWB mentioned Iraq and 9/11 in the same paragraph!

So, if GWB had mentioned Bolivia and 9/11 in the same paragraph, would that have caused some brow-furrowing ? There was no more connection between Iraq and 9/11 as there was between Bolivia and 9/11.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Urine Gate: Abu Grahib II