or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Religious Atrocity Vol 2: "No prayer banner in school? Threaten a teenager!"

Religious Atrocity Vol 2: "No prayer banner in school? Threaten a teenager!" - Page 2

post #41 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'm sure those social media posts are representative of the majority of people of faith.

That's an unknown.

But one thing is a certainty... if any of these threatening posts had been made by someone named, for example... ... "Asif Ahmed", "Saeed Mohammed" or "Niaz ul Ghani" ... headlines like the following would be blazing in the corporate media:

ISLAMIC RADICALS THREATEN BLOODY JIHAD ON AMERICA'S CHILDREN

...the FBI and Department of Homeland Security would launch a full scale investigation, parents would go ballistic....

But nominal "Christians" threatening atheists? Totally acceptable.

We all know it... it's too predictable.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #42 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

That's an unknown.

But one thing is a certainty... if any of these threatening posts had been made by someone named, for example... ... "Asif Ahmed", "Saeed Mohammed" or "Niaz ul Ghani" ... headlines like the following would be blazing in the corporate media:

...the FBI and Department of Homeland Security would launch a full scale investigation, parents would go ballistic....

Gee, do you think that's because radical islamists actually DO want to kill civilians?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #43 of 62

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #44 of 62
Quote:

Gee, do you think that's because radical islamists actually DO want to kill civilians?

Comparatively, no. Do you?
post #45 of 62

Yes, let's do this again, BR. Let's do exactly that. Let's compare the KKK and anti-abortion violence to a global jihadist movement dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization and the killing of all non-Muslims.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
post #46 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Comparatively, no. Do you?

Yeah, I do.
post #47 of 62
Quote:

Yes, let's do this again, BR. Let's do exactly that. Let's compare the KKK and anti-abortion violence to a global jihadist movement dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization and the killing of all non-Muslims.

It's not just the KKK and the anti-abortionists. We also don't have to go too far back in history to find Christians doing HORRIBLE shit to people--institutionally. Hell, they are still burning "witches" in Africa...and those perpetrators are WELCOMED in the US when they come to preach.

Then there's that whole institutionalized cover-up of mass child rape...

Don't act like Christianity has some moral high ground over Islam.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #48 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by br View Post

then there's that whole institutionalized cover-up of mass child rape...

wtf?!?!

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #49 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

That's an unknown.

.Don't trust these Islamics!
post #50 of 62
Quote:

That's the racist propaganda which has been shoved down Americans' throats for the last 64 years. Not just the tiny minority of radical Islamics, but far more significantly, the entire collective of Muslims/Arabs/Persians.

The is the acceptable version of anti-Semitism that is welcomed, promoted and encouraged in the United States. Coming to you from the powers-that-be, via the US corporate media and Hollywood.

The public laps it up; it maps neatly onto a long established collective comfort zone.
post #51 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

It's not just the KKK and the anti-abortionists. We also don't have to go too far back in history to find Christians doing HORRIBLE shit to people--institutionally. Hell, they are still burning "witches" in Africa...and those perpetrators are WELCOMED in the US when they come to preach.

Then there's that whole institutionalized cover-up of mass child rape...

Don't act like Christianity has some moral high ground over Islam.

I am not saying anything like that at all. What I am saying is that there is global movement of Islamic radicals dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization and non-Muslims. There is no comparable Christian movement, especially when size of the movement is taken into consideration.
post #52 of 62
Quote:

I am not saying anything like that at all. What I am saying is that there is global movement of Islamic radicals dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization and non-Muslims. There is no comparable Christian movement, especially when size of the movement is taken into consideration.

What's the size of this 'global movement', SDW? Estimate? Who are its leaders? Where is this 'global movement' based? What is it called?

Or it's possible you've been taken for a ride, and lapped up the lies and conjecture like an obedient scared little sheep.
post #53 of 62
Quote:

What's the size of this 'global movement', SDW? Estimate? Who are its leaders? Where is this 'global movement' based? What is it called?

Or it's possible you've been taken for a ride, and lapped up the lies and conjecture like an obedient scared little sheep.

Are you for real?
post #54 of 62
Quote:

Are you for real?

No, I'm a figment of your imagination. Someone who actually sees beyond the propaganda. It's unfathomable!
post #55 of 62
Quote:

No, I'm a figment of your imagination. Someone who actually sees beyond the propaganda. It's unfathomable!

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #56 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You wonder why I hate religion so much and bring up its absurdities and atrocities all the time?

I can't help wonder what you think about Islam. I know you despise Christians, but never so much as a peep out of you about Islam. Maybe that's so you can negate Christian's about their views on Islam? Clever tactics BR, very clever. 

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #57 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by islammi jo 

Quote:
That's an unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's the truest thing I've read of yours SDW2001. 

post #58 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I can't help wonder what you think about Islam. I know you despise Christians, but never so much as a peep out of you about Islam. Maybe that's so you can negate Christian's about their views on Islam? Clever tactics BR, very clever. 

There's more than enough hate, both warranted and unwarranted, against Islam.  Currently, however, it's the American Taliban (conservative right-wing nutter supply-side Jesus freaks) that threatens my country--and these kinds of Christians are getting their oppressive views legislated across this country right now.  Yes, a subset of Muslims want to institute Sharia law in European countries.  That's not cool, but it's also not happening yet.  Currently, the American Taliban's version of Sharia law already exists in states where institutionalized rape by foreign object precedes legal abortion.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #59 of 62
Quote:

There's more than enough hate, both warranted and unwarranted, against Islam.  Currently, however, it's the American Taliban (conservative right-wing nutter supply-side Jesus freaks) that threatens my country--and these kinds of Christians are getting their oppressive views legislated across this country right now.  Yes, a subset of Muslims want to institute Sharia law in European countries.  That's not cool, but it's also not happening yet.  Currently, the American Taliban's version of Sharia law already exists in states where institutionalized rape by foreign object precedes legal abortion.

How ironic of you to post this while accusing others of being detached from reality.

post #60 of 62

Ah, the broken record with no substance angle.  Interesting.  No, actually, not interesting.  

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #61 of 62
Quote:

There's more than enough hate, both warranted and unwarranted, against Islam. 

What qualifies you to judge what "hate" is, and whether or not it's "warranted?"  

Quote:
Currently, however, it's the American Taliban (conservative right-wing nutter supply-side Jesus freaks) that threatens my country--and these kinds of Christians are getting their oppressive views legislated across this country right now.  

That's just delusional.  Yes, you will find conservative evangelicals who wish to inject their specific beliefs into legislation.  But they are hardly some kind of mortal threat to the nation.  I'm fully aware this doesn't matter to you though, because you've demonstrated your incredible intolerance for anyone who has views differing from yours.  It's the existence of conservative Christians you can't stand...not just what they are trying to do.  

Quote:
Yes, a subset of Muslims want to institute Sharia law in European countries.  That's not cool, but it's also not happening yet.  Currently, the American Taliban's version of Sharia law already exists in states where institutionalized rape by foreign object precedes legal abortion.

1.  Show us the specific states and specific laws in place.  

2.  Demonstrate that such laws come even close to the full blown, brutal theocracy that follows Sharia.  

post #62 of 62

Well, you're not a woman (and lack the slightest shred of empathy), so of course you don't see a threat.

-Sagan

-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Religious Atrocity Vol 2: "No prayer banner in school? Threaten a teenager!"