or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Divx playback issues

Divx playback issues

post #1 of 3
I haven't been able to get audio playback on certain files I have downloaded. I've researched the issue and even downloaded perian but am still experiencing the same issues. So now I am kind of stuck. I was wondering that maybe its an issue with the "late 2011" macbook pro i7 or I am just doing something wrong. has anybody else had this same problem where it keeps wanting additional codecs? or have a solution for me?
post #2 of 3
Wow, that format still exists? Huh. What are you using to play them?

Use HandBrake to convert those files into something modern: an H.264 MP4 with the M4V extension (for iDevices).

If you still have audio trouble, it's the file.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wow, that format still exists? Huh. What are you using to play them?

Use HandBrake to convert those files into something modern: an H.264 MP4 with the M4V extension (for iDevices).

If you still have audio trouble, it's the file.

Handbrake did the trick. thanks a lot!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Divx playback issues