or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Can't log onto iChat

Can't log onto iChat

post #1 of 5
Since I upgraded to Lion I can't use iChat on my 2.2ghz i7 MacBook Pro. Simply won't log on. Tried deleting the account and adding it again but nothing. It's a Mac.com account.

It works ok on my Mini.

I'm up to date with 10.7.2
post #2 of 5
What chat service allows an @mac.com e-mail address?

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What chat service allows an @mac.com e-mail address?

The one I've been using for the last 8 years. When setting up my account, I select the .mac option from the list that includes AIM and Yahoo/Google.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfj View Post

The one I've been using for the last 8 years. When setting up my account, I select the .mac option from the list that includes AIM and Yahoo/Google.

Huh. Really?

I guess it makes sense that iChat would allow that. Oh, but that also might be your problem. .Mac is dead, MobileMe is dead; Apple could be cutting that off.

iChat does cut in and out sometimes, though. Leave it alone for a few days and then see if you can log in again.

post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Huh. Really?

I guess it makes sense that iChat would allow that. Oh, but that also might be your problem. .Mac is dead, MobileMe is dead; Apple could be cutting that off.

iChat does cut in and out sometimes, though. Leave it alone for a few days and then see if you can log in again.

It still works fine in my Mini. But I haven't been able to use it on my MBP since I installed Lion months ago.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Can't log onto iChat