or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple jumps 9 spots to become 8th most valuable brand in the world
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple jumps 9 spots to become 8th most valuable brand in the world - Page 2

post #41 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Heck, I don't see iOS or Windows on there either. And what the. . . No Big Mac either?? \

Beat me... but I must say... your thoughts are brilliant.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #42 of 129
"The USA is a country where 20% of it's [sic] citizens under 12 live in poverty."

Please cite the source of this brash assertion. And while you're at it, please define "poverty." If you've ever been to a Mayan village in Mexico, you'll see REAL poverty, sir or madam, not what we call it here.
post #43 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

This as fewer and fewer Canadians choose to migrate to the US.

Typically, only the top ones do anyway.
post #44 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryb View Post

The top ten listed corporations are all US based. The USA is a country where 20% of it's citizens under 12 live in poverty. Is our country that much better growing super companies or do other countries actually tax corporations, bringing money back to its citizens and raising the quality of life far beyond the citizens of the USA?

Anthropologically speaking there is plenty of evidence that shows the resolution to quality of living is to lessen the divide between the rich and poor. You're basically saying this by saying the poor don't have enough but that's the wrong solution for your stated problem. You can just make the rich less rich to correct the problem, too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I mean- people order a "coke" even when it's Pepsi, and people "google" regardless of their search engine. Google really was brilliant with their branding. So new of a company to be listed amongst that group.

Excellent point.

I'm one of those people that will say no when I'm asked if Pepsi is okay. I like some of their products but not their cola.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

People don't buy an "apple" when they get a dell. Or buy an "intel" when they buy amd. Or get GE instead of electricity. McDonalds I could see. You show 100000 people across the world a GE logo and a McDonald logo- which is easier recognized?

They do refer to their Macs and iPhones as "Apple". I don't say anything but I inward cringe when I hear someone say "I bought an Apple."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Your time would be better spent in a soup kitchen or something, taking care of all of those poor people that you supposedly care about, which caused you to engage in an off topic, socialist political rant.

The fact of the matter is that the USA rules all, and I suggest that you move to a different place if you disagree. The USA is not a good country for lazy people and socialists and other freeloaders who are in favor of wealth distribution and other fascist liberal policies.

You make Rick Santorum look like a compassionate guy.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #45 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

WOW. Your honesty is matched only by your ignorance and sense of your own entitlement. Sociopaths take note, this is how it's done.

You're correct that I'm honest, however you are quite wrong in your other assumptions about me. I may be many things, but ignorant is not a valid term that may be applied to a person such as myself who is extremely informed, well read, decently educated, a world traveller and more intelligent than the majority of people on this planet. You might want to look up the definition of ignorance in a dictionary sometime. I have my views and I make no apologies for them.
post #46 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Do you know that Google has no significant presence in the most populous country in the world? When Chinese people do a web search, most likely they are using Baidu.

Google will never be number one in this ranking until they establish a strong presence in China.

But they probably know who Google is. That's part of brand value. That Google isn't the go-to search provider in China is due more to politics than anything. Google and China didn't play well together the past couple of years.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #47 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Heck, I don't see iOS or Windows on there either. And what the. . . No Big Mac either?? \

But Android OS is the most important thing to happen to all these vendors and customers¡ iOS and Big Macs don't even compare¡

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #48 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Facebook is a brand... but it lacks in the earnings department... for now.

Facebook's implied valuation in secondary market trades (see., e.g., www.secondmarket.com) is close to $80B. That's one and a half times that of HP.
post #49 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

For poor people? Absolutely nothing, as I'm not fond of poor people and I am anti-charity. People are poor because of a variety of reasons, but the main ones in my view are laziness, lack of intelligence, lack of education, poor parenting and a pathetic sense of entitlement combined with an ignorant political outlook which causes many poor people to remain dirt poor. Basically, it's their own fault and I don't really give a shit about them.

Say that to the people born in Africa.

Otherwise, in your list, only laziness is attributable to a person.
In general people can't be held responsivle for being born in the wrong bed, their lack of IQ, the parenting they got, the divorce of their parents, sickness, accidents, orphanage, ...

Frankly, I find you quite despicable but my guess is you just like being called like that
post #50 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

Say that to the people born in Africa.

Otherwise, in your list, only laziness is attributable to a person.
In general people can't be held responsivle for being born in the wrong bed, their lack of IQ, the parenting they got, the divorce of their parents, sickness, accidents, orphanage, ...

Frankly, I find you quite despicable but my guess is you just like being called like that

This was about the USA, not Africa. Africa is a whole other topic and there are also various reasons which explains why Africa is such a dump.

A person born in the USA has every opportunity available to them, if they choose to take advantage of such opportunities.
post #51 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Facebook's implied valuation in secondary market trades (see., e.g., www.secondmarket.com) is close to $80B. That's one and a half times that of HP.

That much I realize but you still won't find Facebook on the Dow or Nasdaq listings and you won't find an earnings statement for them in the regular channels... [yet*].

[*supposedly Facebook is going public in May]
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #52 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This was about the USA, not Africa. Africa is a whole other topic and there are also various reasons which explains why Africa is such a dump.

You seem very close to violating forum rules. You might want to tone down your hatred and bigotry.

Quote:
A person born in the USA has every opportunity available to them, if they choose to take advantage of such opportunities.

Scenario: Someone who is disabled (e.g: paraplegic, blind). They should have no assistance in any way because if they are American they have every opportunity available to them?

I bet you hate that crosswalks make sounds for the blind, parking lots have handicap spaces, and building have ramps for those in wheelchairs.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #53 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This was about the USA, not Africa. Africa is a whole other topic and there are also various reasons which explains why Africa is such a dump.

A person born in the USA has every opportunity available to them, if they choose to take advantage of such opportunities.

I thought you said you were extremely informed and that you are a world traveller.

Hmmmmm...
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #54 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This was about the USA, not Africa. Africa is a whole other topic and there are also various reasons which explains why Africa is such a dump.

A person born in the USA has every opportunity available to them, if they choose to take advantage of such opportunities.

Probably the most blatant lie of the day and it doesn't prove the intelligence you claim having, much on the contrary.

Tell that to peiple whose father just had an accident and have to care for them. How will they find the time to study or the money to pay for the studies?

The simple fact is that the bed you're born in determines the chances (not the fact of actually succeeding) of succes.
post #55 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Scenario: Someone who is disabled (e.g: paraplegic, blind). They should have no assistance in any way because if they are American they have every opportunity available to them?

I bet you hate that crosswalks make sounds for the blind, parking lots have handicap spaces, and building have ramps for those in wheelchairs.

There's no need for you to invent strawman arguments.

I never mentioned anything about people with disabilities. What percentage of poor people have disabilities? I don't hold anything against people born with any disabilities. You make it seem as if the majority of poor people are handicapped or something.

One Stephen Hawking is worth at least a few thousand lazy poor people.
post #56 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I thought you said you were extremely informed and that you are a world traveller.

Hmmmmm...

Why yes, you're absolutely right. Africa in general is an example for all to follow and we should all aspire to become more like that continent. My apologies.
post #57 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

The simple fact is that the bed you're born in determines the chances (not the fact of actually succeeding) of succes.

Of course somebody born with a silver spoon in their mouth will have an easier time at getting ahead, but that doesn't mean that somebody else doesn't have that same chance, if they choose to pursue it.
post #58 of 129
Whoa, tin foil bucket head... Why are you so full of oxymora's this morning??? Facist Liberals???? complete opposites. Lazy People and Socialists??? The Swedes are socialists and they are some of the hardest working types on the planet. The only "Lazy People" that are in the US of A are the corporations at the Federal Hog Trough or Teat as you wish. The unemployed are that way because of corporate malfeasance and shipping the AMERICAN JOBS overseas. And the Loyal opposition you tell to leave the country for having the temerity to suggest corporations pay their due taxes is an insult to the poster.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Your time would be better spent in a soup kitchen or something, taking care of all of those poor people that you supposedly care about, which caused you to engage in an off topic, socialist political rant.

The fact of the matter is that the USA rules all, and I suggest that you move to a different place if you disagree. The USA is not a good country for lazy people and socialists and other freeloaders who are in favor of wealth distribution and other fascist liberal policies.
post #59 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

The simple fact is that the bed you're born in determines the chances (not the fact of actually succeeding) of succes.

That's oversimplifying it. There are plenty of exceptions on both ends of the spectrum and personal responsibility shouldn't be discounted.

And if you believe in God and the devil- the devil will absolutely use your weaknesses against you. (no need to respond if you do or not- just saying IF).

Please note- I don't agree with Apple ][ at all- I think he's an ignorant Egotistical sociopath too. Yes- I know the definition of ignorant- and it can include someone who- key word- THINKS- they know everything but don't.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #60 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Why yes, you're absolutely right. Africa in general is an example for all to follow and we should all aspire to become more like that continent. My apologies.

"Africa in general"... doesn't that say everything we need to know about you.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #61 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

There's no need for you to invent strawman arguments.

I never mentioned anything about people with disabilities. What percentage of poor people have disabilities? I don't hold anything against people born with any disabilities. You make it seem as if the majority of poor people are handicapped or something.

One Stephen Hawking is worth at least a few thousand lazy poor people.

You said you were anti-charity and not fond of poor people. People that are disabled have a higher likelihood of falling into the category because they are less likely to support themselves well and therefore rely on charity.

Forget it, I'm putting you on ignore. I'm tired of reading your hateful, bigoted comments.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #62 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That list is laughable.

Note that they separate brand from functionality, etc. So if you sell sugar water, brand is a bigger deal than if you sell phones/computers.
post #63 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You said you were anti-charity and not fond of poor people. People that are disabled have a higher likelihood of falling into the category because they are less likely to support themselves well and therefore rely on charity.

Forget it, I'm putting you on ignore. I'm tired of reading your hateful, bigoted comments.

Solip- The sad thing is, what you just typed made complete sense and debunked his previous point- but it won't matter and he won't see it because in his eyes he's the smartest guy in the room- what could you possibly teach him?

Ignoring him doesn't matter- he derails a thread quicker than slappy. He says things to intentionally draw people offsides, start arguments, so that people comment on him. Duh- that's what sociopaths do. I had him ignored for a couple weeks but ended up taking him off because everyone quotes him and tells him how dumb he is, so you have to read through his crap anyway. Theres no avoiding it until the Mods finally have enough off topic, hateful, bigoted, political talk and just ban him permanently. I mean- why was he ever taken off the ban? Does he contribute a single thing?

That, or the joke is on us, and its all a bit. In which case- he's a genius.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #64 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Forget it, I'm putting you on ignore. I'm tired of reading your hateful, bigoted comments.

And that is your prerogative.

Unlike Andysol who lied about having me on ignore, I trust that you will keep your word at least.
post #65 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by poke View Post

Note that they separate brand from functionality, etc. So if you sell sugar water, brand is a bigger deal than if you sell phones/computers.

Maybe Coca-Cola should start making smartphones... get the best of both worlds.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #66 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by X38 View Post

Silly noob, that would be like eating our seed corn. People aren't poor because other people aren't taxed enough. The actual solution is to reduce taxes and regulations on business sufficiently to make the USA a business friendly country once again so that there are jobs available for those willing to take them. You know, that whole liberty concept that the country was founded on. Anybody still poor where work is available is lazy and deserves to be poor.

You do realize Apples used to actually be made in California for many years, not just headquartered there, right? If you care about poor people in the USA, then you would care about changing the tax and regulatory environment that forced Apple (and everyone else) to move so much of their business out of California and out of the country. OTOH, your ideas would only accelerate the destruction of what is left of the American economy and make everyone poor.

Apple as with many super corporations did not move because of taxes, they are sitting on billions of $. They moved manufacturing jobs overseas as soon as 3rd world nations would let them in to set up shop. Just about everything is made overseas by low waged workers that have none of the benefits Western workers have fought for. Lower you costs and increase profits. Steve Jobs before he died met with President Obama and asked him to change corporate tax policies to make it easier (meaning cheaper) for US corporations to bring back huge amounts of income gained from overseas markets back into the US without having to pay the same rate as profits made within the USA. If the average American understood how little the rich actually pay towards taxes there would be riots in the streets. Raise corporate taxes will not force companies like Apple to flee to even bigger tax havens than what we have here.

As for all of you that think the that being un-employed is always the fault of the un-employed I say, count yourself lucky that you have a job because the day you lose it someone will be telling you how lazy you are and it is all your fault, enjoy your time at the soup kitchen.
post #67 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

That's oversimplifying it. There are plenty of exceptions on both ends of the spectrum and personal responsibility shouldn't be discounted.

And if you believe in God and the devil- the devil will absolutely use your weaknesses against you. (no need to respond if you do or not- just saying IF).

Please note- I don't agree with Apple ][ at all- I think he's an ignorant Egotistical sociopath too. Yes- I know the definition of ignorant- and it can include someone who- key word- THINKS- they know everything but don't.

This is why I made the distinction between the chances of success as opposed to actually succeeding. Indeed there are many, many exceptions.
It's just that the odds are against you when born in the wrong place, or with you when born in the right place.
post #68 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You're correct that I'm honest, however you are quite wrong in your other assumptions about me. I may be many things, but ignorant is not a valid term that may be applied to a person such as myself who is extremely informed, well read, decently educated, a world traveller and more intelligent than the majority of people on this planet. You might want to look up the definition of ignorance in a dictionary sometime. I have my views and I make no apologies for them.

Well 'education' doesn't guarantee that one doesn't suffer from a lack of basic knowledge or have correct information; it never has. Matter of fact many of the stupidest people I've met have had plenty of 'decent education'. Also, well-tavelled means dick all in terms of understanding of issues like poverty (Dubya and Kissinger went plenty of places yet remained blissfully ignorant all of their lives). Lastly, clever don't mean wise. In other words, your being "extremely well-informed" isn't impressing me much at all there, Rhodes.

Listen up folks, not only do "poor people deserve" to live in absolute poverty, die from preventable diseases and such, but now "Apple ] [" claims he's "more intelligent than the majority of people on this planet". Jesus H., the ego on this guy is truly laughable. Here's a free tip for ya fella, the smartest people I ever met never felt so insecure that they had to blab it to the world, so perhaps the inverse is also true?
post #69 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Maybe Coca-Cola should start making smartphones... get the best of both worlds.

Could you imagine?

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #70 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Of course somebody born with a silver spoon in their mouth will have an easier time at getting ahead, but that doesn't mean that somebody else doesn't have that same chance, if they choose to pursue it.

Surely, if you have the intelligence you claim, you'd see the contradiction in this very claim.

But then again, if you were intelligent, you'd never have written such a contradiction
post #71 of 129
Re: Apple II

You're good for a laugh. Irony, satire, conviction, closely held beliefs, whatever...You take a stand and do not waiver.

I don't agree with you, but I have my opinions and you have yours. You rarely fail to increase my blood pressure.
post #72 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You're correct that I'm honest, however you are quite wrong in your other assumptions about me. I may be many things, but ignorant is not a valid term that may be applied to a person such as myself who is extremely informed, well read, decently educated, a world traveller and more intelligent than the majority of people on this planet. You might want to look up the definition of ignorance in a dictionary sometime. I have my views and I make no apologies for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

Well 'education' doesn't guarantee that one doesn't suffer from a lack of basic knowledge or have correct information; it never has. Matter of fact many of the stupidest people I've met have had plenty of 'decent education'. Also, well-tavelled means dick all in terms of understanding of issues like poverty (Dubya and Kissinger went plenty of places yet remained blissfully ignorant all of their lives). Lastly, clever don't mean wise. In other words, your being "extremely well-informed" isn't impressing me much at all there, Rhodes.

Listen up folks, not only do "poor people deserve" to live in absolute poverty, die from preventable diseases and such, but now "Apple ] [" claims he's "more intelligent than the majority of people on this planet". Jesus H., the ego on this guy is truly laughable. Here's a free tip for ya fella, the smartest people I ever met never felt so insecure that they had to blab it to the world, so perhaps the inverse is also true?

Socrates is a pretty wise guy.... he said:

I never think that I know something that I do not know.
"At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know." [Apology 21d]

Socrates indicates that he knew when others were ignorant, but merely thought they were knowledgable. He simply never made the mistakes of either (1) overestimating his limited knowledge, or (2) underestimating his actual knowledge. That made him a lifelong learner and wiser than those who thought they knew what they did not know.

When you think you know something that you do not know, you rest content in your ignorance --- learning stops. And it is much harder to teach a person when he thinks he knows what he does not know than to teach a person who realizes his ignorance in a subject.

Socrates was a great teacher of people who realized their own ignorance. But it was impossible for him to teach anyone who was ignorant but falsely believed himself to be knowledgeable.




Who does that apply to? Hmm....

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #73 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Socrates is a pretty wise guy.... he said:

I never think that I know something that I do not know.
"At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know." [Apology 21d]

Socrates indicates that he knew when others were ignorant, but merely thought they were knowledgable. He simply never made the mistakes of either (1) overestimating his limited knowledge, or (2) underestimating his actual knowledge. That made him a lifelong learner and wiser than those who thought they knew what they did not know.

When you think you know something that you do not know, you rest content in your ignorance --- learning stops. And it is much harder to teach a person when he thinks he knows what he does not know than to teach a person who realizes his ignorance in a subject.

Socrates was a great teacher of people who realized their own ignorance. But it was impossible for him to teach anyone who was ignorant but falsely believed himself to be knowledgeable.




Who does that apply to? Hmm....

I think a more apt question is what does your mini-lecture on a long dead blowhard have to do with your supposed all-encompassing expertise of issues like world poverty?
post #74 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Of course somebody born with a silver spoon in their mouth will have an easier time at getting ahead, but that doesn't mean that somebody else doesn't have that same chance, if they choose to pursue it.

Actually, there's now spades of empirical evidence that income mobility -- or lack of it -- has become a serious problem in the US. We are perhaps the worst now, on that score, among OECD countries.

2012 is not 1962 or 1982 in the US. I am not suggesting that there's lack of laziness, but don't kid yourself.
post #75 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

I think a more apt question is what does your mini-lecture on a long dead blowhard have to do with your supposed all-encompassing expertise of issues like world poverty?

Merely pointing out Apple ][ is the ignorant person that Socrates describes cannot be taught because he believes he knows all and thus refuses to learn anymore. And showing the hypocrisy in Apple ][ saying he can't be called ignorant, but also standing firm that he has his views and he can't be changed in his views- thereby defining ignorant to the T.

I was also agreeing with what you said about the smartest people you know were humble on the subject.

Calm down little buddy....

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #76 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

That, or the joke is on us, and its all a bit. In which case- he's a genius.

It's all an act, I guess you mean. Maybe, but that wouldn't make him a genius, just cunning. ConradJoe, toward the end when he was going down in flames, said Apple][ was a paid shill, hired to pollute the forum, pretending to be both an Apple fan AND an ignorant bigot who thinks he's educated and intelligent. It's quite an act, but can one believe ConradJoe on this? And who would be his paymasters?
post #77 of 129
Quote:

So basically, it's financial performance and two more, equally weighted, but entirely subjective measures.
post #78 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Merely pointing out Apple ][ is the ignorant person that Socrates describes cannot be taught because he believes he knows all and thus refuses to learn anymore. And showing the hypocrisy in Apple ][ saying he can't be called ignorant, but also standing firm that he has his views and he can't be changed in his views- thereby defining ignorant to the T.

I was also agreeing with what you said about the smartest people you know were humble on the subject.

Calm down little buddy....

My mistake, I misread the post and poster.
post #79 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post

I think a more apt question is what does your mini-lecture on a long dead blowhard have to do with your supposed all-encompassing expertise of issues like world poverty?

His mini lecture has to do with me. If you're aware of his posting history, then you'd know that a great many of his posts are merely comments about me. I've said it before, but the dude has a huge hard on for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if a greater percentage of his posts were more about me specifically than about anything Apple related. In the dictionary, this behavior is called stalking.
post #80 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Of course somebody born with a silver spoon in their mouth will have an easier time at getting ahead, but that doesn't mean that somebody else doesn't have that same chance, if they choose to pursue it.


You fail to grasp the reality of the big picture, which is founded on one of the biggest myths ever devoured by man. Suppose that in America we can all make it, a-la Horatio Alger style (a myth you seem to subscribe to); who's gonna be left to shine my shoes and mine my coal?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple jumps 9 spots to become 8th most valuable brand in the world