or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iMac Email notification alert (Lion OS X)

iMac Email notification alert (Lion OS X)

post #1 of 4
Hello all,

I seem to have a problem with the "new message sound" for the email on my iMac. I have the latest Lion OS X. I don not hear a sound when i get a new email. All other sounds are fine, it just happens with my email alerts. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?

thanks!
iMac 21.5" 2.7 GHz Quad Core . MacBook Pro 13" 2.6GHz with Retina display . iPhone 5 . iPad 3 LTE . AppleTV 3 . iPod Nano 16G
iMac 21.5" 2.7 GHz Quad Core . MacBook Pro 13" 2.6GHz with Retina display . iPhone 5 . iPad 3 LTE . AppleTV 3 . iPod Nano 16G
post #2 of 4
Wow, 173 views & no one has experienced this??
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdf View Post

Hello all,

I seem to have a problem with the "new message sound" for the email on my iMac. I have the latest Lion OS X. I don not hear a sound when i get a new email. All other sounds are fine, it just happens with my email alerts. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?

thanks!

In Mail preferences, do other sounds work for email notification? Is it only the "New Mail Sound" that isn't playing?
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sessamoid View Post

In Mail preferences, do other sounds work for email notification? Is it only the "New Mail Sound" that isn't playing?

None of the sounds work. I either have to restart the computer or go to the audio setup & "reset" it. It works fine after either of those two actions, but after awhile it goes away again. Very strange.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iMac Email notification alert (Lion OS X)