or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone ›  iPhone 4S accounts for 90% of US iPhone sales, 42% of customers break contract to buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 4S accounts for 90% of US iPhone sales, 42% of customers break contract to buy - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Why would anyone with an iPhone 4 upgrade to a 4S?

Sure it's got Siri which is only really any use in the US, but apart from that one single feature what is there to upgrade for?

It's not as if the iPhone 4 is slow, or has a rubbish camera. It's got the same design etc as the 4S so why do it?

Colour me confused.

It is faster. It has slightly better reception. If you use it a lot, these small changes matter.

On top of that, I sold both of my old phones for more then I paid for the new ones.
post #42 of 48
I was at the NFC Championship game between the 49ers and the Giants and I swear I saw pretty much that everybody had an iPhone of some sort or another. Maybe a small few of Android phones and even more slide-out keyboard phone thingies.
post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

YOU are the reason those Samsung ads exist.



So did the 4, your point?

Now that's hardly being fair is it? As it happens I own a 4S. My wife has an iPhone 4 and we decided (quite rationally I think) that the iPhone 4 is still pretty fast, the camera although not as good as the iPhone 4S is still better than most camera phones out there. As she protects her phone in a case she never had reception issues, the display is the same as is the outer casing design. Finally & I accept that in the US this is different Siri has almost no functionality in the UK.

Now, if she had had a 3GS or older it would have been a no brainer update, but paying to get out of a contract to get the 4S just makes no sense, it's why I kept my 3GS & didn't get an iPhone 4 in 2010.

Finally, if you'd read the posts above you'll note that someone advised me that they managed to upgrade for free (some even made money), as this can't be done in the UK I did not know and assumed, wrongly as it happens, that people paid to terminate their contracts early.
iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
Reply
iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
Reply
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

i want to know how many people were coming from android phones. I lost track of all my friends that did just that. They were all fed up with the horrible androud experience.

Funny that we haven't heard much of a peep from fandroids infesting ai since apple's blowout performance. They rightfully should be ashamed for supporting such an inferior system simply because it's "open" or whatever spin they want to attach to it.

However, for the sake of tradition... Apple is doomed!

droid ftw lolz
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Is Siri driving this? Because I'll admit it is cool but I don't use it that often. Once I used it a couple times and got over the 'cool!' factor it's no big deal. I wonder how many people use it frequently?

I use Siri to shuffle and play my music. Just say 'shuffle alternative music', for instance, and presto, my music is playing from the cloud. I can even do this while on EDGE (unlocked on t-mobile), and there is no break in the music whatsoever.
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Finally, if you'd read the posts above you'll note that someone advised me that they managed to upgrade for free (some even made money), as this can't be done in the UK I did not know and assumed, wrongly as it happens, that people paid to terminate their contracts early.

I'm curious why you can't do that in the UK. You can't sell a used phone? Or can't you sell a used iPhone to a US customer?

One of these days, I'm going to sell my iPhone 4 on ebay (will probably get around $250) and get a new 4S for $199.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

So much for everyone claiming the cheaper models are a sizeable chunk of the 37 million in iPhone sales.

These were American figures. It does look like the 3GS is not really worth continuing, were that the worldwide case. Thats a pity because I think it could lead the cheap iPhone charge in poorer countries.

The other thing not considered here - because people like the report - is that the report could be bollocks.

Why would I think that? Well there was a report here during the quarter that the top 3 selling devices in the US were, in order

1) iPhone 4S
2) iPhone 4
3) iPhone 3GS

since the iPhone 3GS was - according to this report just 3% of all iPhones sold and therefore about 3.3% of the sales of iPhone 4S model, it means that not one Android device got to 3.3 % of the iPhone 4S sales this quarter.

Not one. It would be easier to believe that an Android phone couldnt catch up with the 3GS were the 3GS 20% of the iPhone market.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

These were American figures. It does look like the 3GS is not really worth continuing, were that the worldwide case. Thats a pity because I think it could lead the cheap iPhone charge in poorer countries.

The other thing not considered here - because people like the report - is that the report could be bollocks.

Why would I think that? Well there was a report here during the quarter that the top 3 selling devices in the US were, in order

1) iPhone 4S
2) iPhone 4
3) iPhone 3GS

since the iPhone 3GS was - according to this report just 3% of all iPhones sold and therefore about 3.3% of the sales of iPhone 4S model, it means that not one Android device got to 3.3 % of the iPhone 4S sales this quarter.

Not one. It would be easier to believe that an Android phone couldnt catch up with the 3GS were the 3GS 20% of the iPhone market.

Excellent point.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • iPhone 4S accounts for 90% of US iPhone sales, 42% of customers break contract to buy
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone ›  iPhone 4S accounts for 90% of US iPhone sales, 42% of customers break contract to buy