or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Foxconn to build 5 new Brazilian factories to help make Apple products [u]

Foxconn to build 5 new Brazilian factories to help make Apple products [u] - Page 3

post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post

One of the great ironies of the 21st century is that most of our marvelous hi-tech toys are made entirely by hand, in sweatshops, by desperate people whose pitiful wages can't purchase even one of the hugely profitable devices they make.

If you don't feel dirty, you aren't paying attention.

So you're saying if I get a job as a BMW mechanic or working in a Ferrari dealership, I should instantly be able to afford the products my employer sells?

There are lots of decently paid Apple Store employees who don't buy a high end Mac Pro outfitted with dual Cinema Displays because that would be rather expensive for them. Should we cry for them, too?

Perhaps the government can force every company to instantly make all of its products affordable to every one of its employees. That naturally would percolate down through every supplier that company does business with.

If a company in China makes components that are used in a Boeing 787, every damn one of them should be given an airplane. After all, they worked on it.

If you feel dirty, it's not necessarily because you're "paying attention," it may also be because you are a dingbat irrational fool who doesn't give much thought to why you believe what you do.
post #82 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Actually he's called 'African American' because his father was from Kenya. Ya know, in Africa.

Just like his Caucasian mother, right? Call him mixed, because that is what he is - half-African, half-Caucasian.

And don't even get me started with the "Latino" nonsense especially when Mexicans and other Central Americans are concerned...in the views of "anglo-saxon" Americans (nowadays almost a minority there, by the way), every Hispanic person coming to the US belongs to a different "race", even when most of them are of European descent.

Admit, guys: the ethnic concepts you come up with are absolutely ridiculous and bigoted. And to say that "black" in the US is a matter of "self-designation" totally, but TOTALLY, disregards what virtually any mixed person thinks about HERSELF (that she is MIXED, not one thing or another). It's simply a matter of respect for your origins, ya know...
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Foxconn to build 5 new Brazilian factories to help make Apple products [u]
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Foxconn to build 5 new Brazilian factories to help make Apple products [u]