or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl ad takes more jabs at Apple users

Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl ad takes more jabs at Apple users - Page 2

post #41 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Yeah, it was a bad commercial. They could have done a lot better. The waiting in line gig was done and over after the first time they used it. They need new material.

Overall the Superbowl ads were pretty lame this year. The half-time show was pretty good. The game itself was the best part though.

I can agree to that. The first ad was good for the fence sitters. Unnecessary for the Android fans and useless for the Apple fans.

They dragged it out for too long and the only thing that saved this commercial IMO was the deviation in the middle into the song and dance. Useless but still fun.

And yea the ads were lame. The game was awesome.

Go Giants!!
post #42 of 336
This ad was utter garbage. Both the product and message were lost and no emotional connection is made with the consumer. Just a bunch or people jumping around and screaming over a stylus. That's what I saw. To think they paid $10 million to show it to the public.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

post #43 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

Samsung's previous ad that was a play on Apple's 1984, was terrific and classy. This ad was utter garbage. Both the product and message were lost. Just a bunch or people jumping around and screaming.

I think that was a Motorola ad. The Xoom ad. I thought that had potential as well but was lost.

Didn't help that the product sucked and worked like a pre-beta. (Which Matias Duarte admitted Android 3.0 pretty much was)
post #44 of 336
racist comment removed
post #45 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

racist comment removed

Lol. Feel better about yourself, Xenophobe?
post #46 of 336
The game was fantastic. The halftime show awesome...and I'm not a big madonna fan but she put on a great show. The adds...meh :roll eyes:

The samsung add was silly, whip out a huge ass phone and then a stylus. everyone in my house laughed hard when one person on the add said "it has a stylus?"....we were all waiting for the belt holster hanging off one of the actors.
post #47 of 336
The ad was great. Entertaining and shows the audience who is hip with technology and who is not.
post #48 of 336
I think the Streak 5 proved that there's really a limited market for a 5" Android phone. I still have mine, but never really took to it. The thing is simply too big to fit in my pocket and too small for use as a tablet.

My biggest issue with Samsung, and most of the Android handset manufacturers, is that they really don't add much value to the overall user experience and are more of less integrating technology from others. This doesn't really create a unique user experience the way Apple has done with iPhone.
post #49 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

The ad was great. Entertaining and shows the audience who is hip with technology and who is not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. now I know you're a troll or a Poe.
post #50 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

It has a pen!? Hmmm, think I'll wait for the upgrade that comes with a sheet of paper.

Ha! It's funny how they are trying to pretend that a stylus is a new, revolutionary product. No, it is technology, circa 2000.
post #51 of 336
I would laugh at anyone carrying a phone that big.
post #52 of 336
removed
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
Quote:
My job is NOT to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even BETTER.

--Steve Jobs on being a CEO
post #53 of 336
Quote:

racist comment removed

Well that was over the top.
post #54 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

If the software and the stylus are well buit, with a very nice not the application that could understand when we are trying to draw figures, referentials, etc, very good for notes during classes... wouldn't it be great? all of your class appointments in one device. perfect for school.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I would love a tablet with an iPad class capacitive touch screen combined with a Wacom quality resistive "pen" input.

Add a graphic editor like Photoshop and a OneNote quality note taking application to the mix and I'm in heaven.
post #55 of 336
Samsung are telling people there sheep to apple products ,yet what do they do all day ...copy apple products.
post #56 of 336
It has a pen? Um Pens can get lost and then you have to buy a new one. Also Steve was right. Our fingers are the best stylus.
An Apple man since 1977
An Apple man since 1977
post #57 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

this one was good,

Excuse me! What planet are you on? this one was good????

This is a lousy ad, in term of creativity, production, taste and class. If you think it's good well...

On topic. This phone is too small to write, too big to use as a phone. Fail!
post #58 of 336
I see more and more people using styluses for the iPad and Kindle Fire specifically... And I have one myself. Works well for some things, but it is clear that iOS isn't built around that use case.
post #59 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

if the software and the stylus are well buit, with a very nice not the application that could understand when we are trying to draw figures, referentials, etc, very good for notes during classes... wouldn't it be great? all of your class appointments in one device. perfect for school.

for writting a great stylus with great hardware and software would be pretty good. fingers aren't as good, that's why we use pencils and pens. what am i missing?

Completely agree. Thinking about all those students taking notes on new textbooks using stylus instead of typing. Apple will find a hard time building enough iPads for demands.
post #60 of 336
Quote:

Didn't help that the product sucked and worked like a pre-beta. (Which Matias Duarte admitted Android 3.0 pretty much was)

Yeah Google is so innovative they don't have a clue on how to make a software on tablet until they saw iPad and convinced. Too bad Steve didn't let Eric saw a prototype.
That points to one thing: Android is a copycat.
post #61 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

Horrible Ad.
That Phone is too big.

Is it a phone? Is it a tablet?Is it a pad? Phobletpad?

That is their (Samsung and everyone else's) problem.
They don't have any idea what they are trying to compete with so they simply keep changing everything and end up with abortions.

Make a phone and/or make a tablet, Make it good, make it right and make is solid. People will buy it.
If they would compete with themselves and their own products, they would end up with better products. Don't come out with 3-4 different models every 2 or 3 months.
post #62 of 336
"What is that? Is that a pen?"

Been there, done that.
http://youtu.be/PpmJ16sfQyw

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #63 of 336
Quote:

racist comment removed

Please tell us how you really feel.
post #64 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Excuse me! What planet are you on? this one was good????

This is a lousy ad, in term of creativity, production, taste and class. If you think it's good well...

On topic. This phone is too small to write, too big to use as a phone. Fail!

Subjective =\\= objective.
post #65 of 336
Saw the commercial that started with the usual scene of people waiting in line and sighed. Then, a beacon of light in the stupidity to hammer home the true idiocy of these ads, it has a pen!!! I literally busted out laughing amidst my friends who didn't quite get the joke. Welcome to the 90s Samsung! Sweet effing Jesus, Samsung, WTF?!!! Does it play fvcking 8-tracks, too?
post #66 of 336
Quote:

Subjective =\\= objective.

Of course. But like I said, it will reflect your creative, taste...etc.. etc..

Oh, and no, that comment is not subjective. It's a professional comment. I'm working in advertising for 20 years.
post #67 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

There is quite an active market for capacative styluses around. My wife has a couple. Quite handy for note taking on the ipad, when the finger is a big fat sausage in comparison.

Your wife has fingers like big fat sausages? Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight.
post #68 of 336
Ad started pretty good, and halfway through turned into an average cheezy commercial.
Looks like their engineering dept is more creative than their marketing. Beating up Apple is old news now that mr. Cook is in charge. give it a rest
post #69 of 336
Quote:

Yeah Google is so innovative they don't have a clue on how to make a software on tablet until they saw iPad and convinced. Too bad Steve didn't let Eric saw a prototype.
That points to one thing: Android is a copycat.

In this scenario you painted the only way Android is a copycat would be if Android on tablets looked like iOS on tablets. Hint: it doesn't.
post #70 of 336
Quote:

Of course. But like I said, it will reflect your creative, taste...etc.. etc..

Oh, and no, that comment is not subjective. It's a professional comment. I'm working in advertising for 20 years.

Good for you. It's still subjective.
post #71 of 336
Question to those dissing the actual device. Have you used it?
post #72 of 336
This commercial does not seem to communicate with viewers. Not a good commercial.

I bought my wife a white Galaxy Note almost 3 month ago. She has been using it a lot and enjoying every moment. (She is still thanking me)

Stylus was not perfect (quite slippery to write on glass) initially, but is ok after getting used to it. And this is the only downside so far. I am considering buying a digitized pen with different tips or screen protector especially made for stylus devises if there is any.

My wife once dropped it on concrete floor around fire place in our home. it has just one unnoticeable mark on rim covering glass edge. I think it is the design that makes GT strong, not the material.

Yes it is huge being 5.3 inch phone, but size is not an issue if you own (from our experience) You will feel that other phones are too small.

I think this is the best smartphone currently available on earth. Apple should bring iPhone 5 sooner.
post #73 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extensor View Post

Your wife has fingers like big fat sausages? Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight.

Hahahaha. Oh my goodness. Almost cried from laughing so hard.
post #74 of 336
I actually *WANT* a Stylus!!

I am tired of doing graphics that look like finger painting when I could use a stylus!.

I am tired of having to type out notes on a tiny keyboard when I could jot down a note with with a stylus!.

Swiping is good for moving from screen to screen, but not great for graphics or text entry.
post #75 of 336
Quote:

In this scenario you painted the only way Android is a copycat would be if Android on tablets looked like iOS on tablets. Hint: it doesn't.

That's not what I painted. What I painted is Google absolutely have no idea what tablet should be like.. until they saw iPad. That's why their software was beta ONE year after iPad released. (Why Google should make their software looks exactly like iOS? They want to get sued? Silly.)
post #76 of 336
Quote:

That's not what I painted. What I painted is Google absolutely have no idea what tablet should be like.. until they saw iPad. That's why their software was beta ONE year after iPad release. (of course, Why Google should make their software looks exactly like iOS? They want to get sued? Silly.)

Welcome to the free market. Wtf.

Good ideas are copied, personalized, altered, modified, improved etc. Mr. Jobs said so himself.

You lot seriously don't seem to understand the notion of competition.

And it was beta because it was a rush job to get something to market. They admitted it.

Also even if tomorrow a company released a tablet concept that blew the iPad out of the water on all facets no one would buy it because it is not Apple.

Mindshare goes a long way.
post #77 of 336
Well then this product would be great for you. I'd still choose an iPad regardless. It's just easy to use regardless if I have to type or not.
post #78 of 336
Wow, that thing is awesome, if only I could buy a clothes dryer that has that. What, I can?!
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...te.html&page=3
post #79 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr View Post

I actually *WANT* a Stylus!!

I am tired of doing graphics that look like finger painting when I could use a stylus!.

I am tired of having to type out notes on a tiny keyboard when I could jot down a note with with a stylus!.

Swiping is good for moving from screen to screen, but not great for graphics or text entry.

I don't think Stylus is needed for a phone but it will be great to have on a tablet.
post #80 of 336
Quote:

Welcome to the free market. Wtf.

Good ideas are copied, personalized, altered, modified, improved etc. Mr. Jobs said so himself.

You lot seriously don't seem to understand the notion of competition.

And it was beta because it was a rush job to get something to market. They admitted it.

Well, at least there's a C word in there.

And I didn't said it's right or wrong. Calm down. I only said they're not innovative (for making devices at least).

Quote:

Also even if tomorrow a company released a tablet concept that blew the iPad out of the water on all facets no one would buy it because it is not Apple.

I'll buy it. Calm down again.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl ad takes more jabs at Apple users