or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Internet filtering software

Internet filtering software

post #1 of 6
What's the best internet filtering software to use (OSX) for a fourteen year old?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

What's the best internet filtering software to use (OSX) for a fourteen year old?

Do the built in parental controls not do what you desire?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do the built in parental controls not do what you desire?

I forgot about that, I guess I should look there first. How well does that work?
post #4 of 6
Quote:

I forgot about that, I guess I should look there first. How well does that work?

No idea; don't use it myself. No kids and no desire for any of the common stuff to be blocked makes it pointless. I'd imagine it's as powerful as you need it to be.

You can restrict it to individual sites if you choose, or you can just filter based on content.

post #5 of 6
Quote:

A parent (or two.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

A parent (or two.)

Yea, that's why I'm asking the question...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Internet filtering software