or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Russia and China the real enemy of the Syrian people
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Russia and China the real enemy of the Syrian people

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
The real enemies of the Syrian people being killed everyday is Russia and China who vetoed the vote against sanctions for Syria. Assad is another Hitler who cares nothing about his people at all whether they live or die. I will never ever trust China or Russia to be our allies in the U.S. I hate both of them with a passion especially China.
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

The real enemies of the Syrian people being killed everyday is Russia and China who vetoed the vote against sanctions for Syria. Assad is another Hitler who cares nothing about his people at all whether they live or die. I will never ever trust China or Russia to be our allies in the U.S. I hate both of them with a passion especially China.

China has always been a thorn in everyone's side for the past 100 years. What is disturbing is the new[?] revelations that the rest of the world is now very, very dependent on them.
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil R View Post

China has always been a thorn in everyone's side for the past 100 years. What is disturbing is the new[?] revelations that the rest of the world is now very, very dependent on them.

You are right unfortunately they have all our debt they are holding now and we have to literally kiss their ass which sickens me.The rest of the world is dependent on their economy also. This sucks!
post #4 of 8
China certainly does not have all our dept and dependency is a two way street. Chalk it up to two repressive regiems not giving a shit what a third (or fourth) repressive regiem does. Through the bogus nature of the UN they have a veto. Next we'll learn that Syria has been added to the UN human rights counsel.


Russia and China are a real enemy of the Syrian people but Bashar is The real enemy.
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

China certainly does not have all our dept and dependency is a two way street. Chalk it up to two repressive regiems not giving a shit what a third (or fourth) repressive regiem does. Through the bogus nature of the UN they have a veto. Next we'll learn that Syria has been added to the UN human rights counsel.


Russia and China are a real enemy of the Syrian people but Bashar is The real enemy.

Assad would be considered another Hitler.I presume you are not in favor of the U.N..
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

The real enemies of the Syrian people being killed everyday is Russia and China who vetoed the vote against sanctions for Syria. Assad is another Hitler who cares nothing about his people at all whether they live or die. I will never ever trust China or Russia to be our allies in the U.S. I hate both of them with a passion especially China.

Sanctions tend to hurt the people of the country being punished, not its leaders. A classic case was in Iraq in the 1990s and early 2000s, when international sanctions indirectly caused the extra deaths of hundreds of thousands of kids (according to scientists from the very same organization that imposed the sanctions).

Despite the sanctions, Iraq's leadership retained power for 12 years until the war, when things for the Iraqi people took a turn for even worse.

Sanctions rarely or never help the people of the country being addressed. A revolution in Syria - ie the collapse of the current government - is probably less likely to succeed when the Syrian people are not only under the heavy manners of their own government, but at the same time, the international community is giving them the shaft.

So, what is your point here?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Sanctions tend to hurt the people of the country being punished, not its leaders.

Exactly!

And probably more than "tend to"...more likely always hurt the people, not the leaders. Worse, this pain is often used by the leaders that are targeted as evidence and propaganda of how evil we are, likely strengthening their position even more!

Cuba is another great example.

The law of unintended consequences. The law of good intentions not being able to trump reality.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Exactly!

And probably more than "tend to"...more likely always hurt the people, not the leaders. Worse, this pain is often used by the leaders that are targeted as evidence and propaganda of how evil we are, likely strengthening their position even more!

Cuba is another great example.



OK, we can safely say that it is an established fact that sanctions do not work. Rogue governments or dictatorships thrive when the people that they are suppressing, are further suppressed by foreign governments' (or UN, or NATO etc) actions.

Quote:
The law of unintended consequences. The law of good intentions not being able to trump reality.

I am not certain that the law of unintended consequences applies here. Officials who have the power of requesting/ordering sanctions know that sanctions don't work. The question that remains, is what sort of mindset knowingly promotes the mass suffering of innocents under the guise of "punishing rogue governments"?



Psychopaths?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Russia and China the real enemy of the Syrian people