or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple iTV might not be able to be called iTV

Apple iTV might not be able to be called iTV

post #1 of 7
The Apple TV might not be able to be called the iTV because of a broadcasting company in the UK that has the same name.

Video explaining it: youtube.com/watch?v=93y4rYOvB5M

Thanks!
post #2 of 7
iTV isn't the coolest name. For once I'd like something a bit more memorable than "iPlaceSomethingSimpleHere"

You know what? Screw it I'm getting a Panasonic.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

iTV isn't the coolest name. For once I'd like something a bit more memorable than "iPlaceSomethingSimpleHere"

You know what? Screw it I'm getting a Panasonic.

yeah. hopefully they think of something good.
post #4 of 7
iDiotBox?
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by applego View Post

The Apple TV might not be able to be called the iTV because of a broadcasting company in the UK that has the same name.

Video explaining it: youtube.com/watch?v=93y4rYOvB5M

Thanks!

I think that technically it is Channel 3 but no one ever calls it that, not even the company

Given that it has been the second most popular channel in the UK since the 50's it did strike me as odd that no one at Apple had considered the ramifications of using the name iTV.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungover View Post

Given that it has been the second most popular channel in the UK since the 50's it did strike me as odd that no one at Apple had considered the ramifications of using the name iTV.

Same with the iPad apparently:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_14594133.htm

Only 45 iPads removed though (possibly to save the law enforcement buying them).

I think TV is a better brand than iTV anyway.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungover View Post

I think that technically it is Channel 3 but no one ever calls it that, not even the company

yeah ikr
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple iTV might not be able to be called iTV