or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The China And Asia Thread ~ Political, SocioEconomic, Law Discussion

The China And Asia Thread ~ Political, SocioEconomic, Law Discussion

post #1 of 11
I thought I would start a thread here, and transfer my points to this thread so as to not hammer the regular iPad news pages as much. Also because much of my comments shift toward personal and expressive things.

I know I can be quite vocal and passionate so I've edited out some of my more intense comments and perhaps this is a better place for them.

Not that I want to be the centre of attention but I no doubt draw that from time to time.

So, do y'all want to start?

China and iPad3 is going to be a huge talking point in the next few months, particularly with the iPad3 launch.

So many things going on ~ legal issues, government, corruption, and of course the inevitable complaints about scalpers shipping tons of iPad3s back to mainland China.

Opinions and so on invited.

What am I not seeing? Is there a silver lining? Do we care too much? Should we?
post #2 of 11

This is disgusting.

~Clearly posed photo for purposes of media control
~Fingers pointing to iPad name, what court order has allowed them to take action in seizing iPads
~Uniforms that might as well be Halloween costimes given the corruption of the government
~iPad security cable still visible ~ obviously just went into Apple resellers (no guts to hit Apple themselves) and ripped off (pun intended) everything they could find
~Mafia behaviour, intimidating the little guys in a poor attempt at shaking down the big guys
~A disease in Asian countries with highly talented people that simply will not get the opportunities they deserve
post #3 of 11
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Becoming China's Bitch

At most we can be China's concubine. We're already Israel's bitch.
post #5 of 11
In my opinion, China is almost done. The state run economy has proven with Japan as well that it causes massive mal-investment. Much like steroids you get a temporary boost but the side effects are unavoidable.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

At most we can be China's concubine. We're already Israel's bitch.

That's an idiotic statement. We're not indebted to Israel in any way. We don't compete with them economically. We're simply allied with them, and you don't like it.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's an idiotic statement. We're not indebted to Israel in any way. We don't compete with them economically. We're simply allied with them, and you don't like it.

They practically run our foreign policy. And that says a lot, since as foreign policy goes, they have the worst in the world next to North Korea
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

In my opinion, China is almost done. The state run economy has proven with Japan as well that it causes massive mal-investment. Much like steroids you get a temporary boost but the side effects are unavoidable.

While I agree about the chaos in China, China has another 25 years ahead of it being a major economic force.

It won't be pretty, but it will still suck up a lot of resources and put out a lot of products for the rest of the world.

The only thing is within China it won't be a bed of roses. Like Malaysia, everything with GDP, growth, etc. looks good on paper. On the street, entirely different.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

While I agree about the chaos in China, China has another 25 years ahead of it being a major economic force.

It won't be pretty, but it will still suck up a lot of resources and put out a lot of products for the rest of the world.

The only thing is within China it won't be a bed of roses. Like Malaysia, everything with GDP, growth, etc. looks good on paper. On the street, entirely different.

It's pretty much the logical conclusion of the American system. GDP goes up, to the benefit of the few super rich, while the man on the street suffers. Yet the Republivans try to extend the nonsensical idea that because GDP is going up, we are in a period of economic progress.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

It's pretty much the logical conclusion of the American system. GDP goes up, to the benefit of the few super rich, while the man on the street suffers. Yet the Republivans try to extend the nonsensical idea that because GDP is going up, we are in a period of economic progress.

You've got to give tonton credit. The faces, places, forms of government, etc can all change but he still has that same one note answer.

China and Japan are imploding because of evil Republicans!

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You've got to give tonton credit. The faces, places, forms of government, etc can all change but he still has that same one note answer.

China and Japan are imploding because of evil Republicans!

Well, he's mainly saying GDP increase does not mean good things for everyone per se.

As for the Republicans and so on, well, I'll leave that to y'all. But certainly beware the GDP horseman of the apocalypse.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The China And Asia Thread ~ Political, SocioEconomic, Law Discussion