or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategategate

Climategategate - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

In a similar vein, we teach our kids that the world shows elements of design that could never have happened randomly.

So you teach your kids bullshit.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

In a similar vein, we teach our kids that the world shows elements of design that could never have happened randomly.

What, exactly, is just ONE of these "elements of design" that could NEVER have happened randomly.
Just one... that's all I ask.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

What, exactly, is just ONE of these "elements of design" that could NEVER have happened randomly.
Just one... that's all I ask.

Bananas and the Fibonacci sequence!
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Bananas and the Fibonacci sequence!

By "Bananas" ... are we talking Kirk Cameron's theory??? I guess I'm not sure where you're going with that one.

Fibonacci Series is just a mathematical construct... a result of how things (can) multiply, not a "designed element", but rather the way the universe works... No different than saying "1+1=2" is an "element of design."

Again... a little education (well, maybe more than a little) can go a long way towards dispelling mythos.
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

By "Bananas" ... are we talking Kirk Cameron's theory??? I guess I'm boot sure where you're going with that one.

Fibonacci Series is just a mathematical construct... a result of how things (can) multiply, not a "designed element", but rather the way the universe works... No different than saying "1+1=2" is an "element of design."

Again... a little education (well, maybe more than a little) can go a long way towards dispelling mythos.

Yes, I know. I was just preempting the usual bullshit.
post #46 of 47
Does this remind you of anything?-

"At the behest of nuclear power companies, government officials in Japan softened language relating to the threat of earthquake-produced tsunamis only eight days before last years disaster.

In early March 2011, representatives of Tokyo Electric Power Co., Tohoku Electric Power Co. and Japan Atomic Power Co. asked the secretariat of the Earthquake Research Committee to amend a draft document discussing the possibility of a huge tsunami striking the northeast part of the country.
The document in question referenced a massive earthquake that hit near Sendai, Japan, on July 9, 869, triggering a large tsunami and drowning an estimated 1,000 people. Based on this historical information, the earthquake committee raised the question of whether such an event could occur again in the same area. Geology experts had predicted that such an earthquake would occur every 1,000 years and that the area was overdue.

The three power companies asked the secretariat in the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology to change the draft so people wouldnt get the impression that another disaster could strike in the future.

The secretariat responded by saying: Were not changing the context but were going to do something so it may not induce such misunderstanding. Shortly after that, the ministry produced a new draft that read further study was needed to determine if massive quakes similar to the Jogan quake had taken place because appropriate data are insufficient.

The Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation released its report on Tuesday and is scheduled to present the results of its investigation in English at the Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan on Thursday."
~ http://www.infowars.com/nuclear-firm...ore-fukushima/
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #47 of 47
Right wingers are flocking to massive carbon taxes. Here's one reason why-

"Just today, David Roberts tweeted a proposal from the conservative economist Arthur Laffer, who has recently proposed taxing pollution instead of income. Laffer sees a fundamentally backward system in the United States that imposes taxes on things people want more of: income and jobs. At the same time, the U.S. allows something we want less of — carbon dioxide pollution — to be emitted without penalty.

Laffer says that situation should be reversed. Instead of tax increases that are “veiled as ‘cap and trade’ schemes,” Congress should offset a simple carbon tax with a reduction in income or payroll taxes."

And even the American Enterprise Institute embraces our carbon tax future-

"Take the American Enterprise Institute, a rightwing group that says a carbon tax should replace energy subsidies:

Instead, a tax on greenhouse gas emissions (“carbon tax”) would be imposed. The tax ... would be implemented as a tax rather than as a cap and trade program. The tax would take effect in 2013 and be phased in at a uniform pace over five years, so that the 2017 tax equaled the level prescribed for that year in the CBO option, slightly more than $26 per metric ton of CO2equivalent. As prescribed in the CBO option, the tax would thereafter increase at a 5.6 percent annual rate through 2050."
~ http://www.treehugger.com/energy-pol...arbon-tax.html

About the American Enterprise Institute-

"Some AEI scholars are considered to be some of the leading architects of the second Bush administration's public policy. More than twenty AEI scholars and fellows served either in a Bush administration policy post or on one of the government's many panels and commissions. Among the prominent former government officials now affiliated with AEI are former U.S. ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton, now an AEI senior fellow; former chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities; Lynne Cheney, a longtime AEI senior fellow; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, now an AEI senior fellow."
~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...rise_Institute

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Climategategate