or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Look Who's Lying NOW

Look Who's Lying NOW - Page 5

post #161 of 169
And why should interest on past debts count toward future presidents?

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #162 of 169
Because they applied for the job.

Seriously BR, when has this ever been an issue?
All debt calculations have always laid the current debt against the current president.

Did anyone talk about 'Clinton's debt' when Bush II was in office? Or 'Bush I's' debt when Clinton was in office?

This is an idiotic point. Obama has had some of the lowest interest rates ever to hit the earth to contend with during his presidency.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #163 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, if one rightfully assumes that the debt caused by a terrible administration carries on to the following president's term. If one doesn't assume that, then one is an idiot.

Nice one. You'll clearly convince everyone by calling them idiots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

And why should interest on past debts count toward future presidents?

/BR Why can't definitions randomly change when I know my guy is going to lose the election?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Because they applied for the job.

Seriously BR, when has this ever been an issue?
All debt calculations have always laid the current debt against the current president.

Did anyone talk about 'Clinton's debt' when Bush II was in office? Or 'Bush I's' debt when Clinton was in office?

This is an idiotic point. Obama has had some of the lowest interest rates ever to hit the earth to contend with during his presidency.

Well all the points made this election by Democrats are likely going to be idiotic. Obama cannot run on the economy. In fact polling by Democratic firms have shown that if they try to do so, it not only is their weakest case to make, it is treated as laughable. So what we are going to do is get what we are seeing here. There will be a ton of mocking, a ton of bullying, every side issue you can think of brought to the fore and declared to be a war on someone or something.

So because Obama made a mandate, if you don't agree with it, and note that little Sally might have to keep giving Walmart the same $9 a month she has been giving them for the last decade, then suddenly you are at war with a woman's uterus. If you don't like the Chevy Volt or agree that all the green job losses were well intentioned and necessary efforts, then you will be at war with the environment or the planet. To think this isn't even the actual true election season as it will be this Fall is just horrifying. Obama and his minions are clearly headed in the direction of trying to bully the nation into reelecting him. It will be horrifying.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #164 of 169
Quote:

Are you saying that none of Obama's budget is a result of fixing what was broken before he came in office? You're honestly saying that?

You know...I was about to post that I never claimed that. But then I realized: That's absolutely correct. What did Obama attempt to "fix?" The Bush Administration had deficits ranging from $250 to $400 billion excluding TARP. Obama "fixed" that by having deficits of $1.6 Trillion. The Bush Administration accumulated $4 Trillion of debt in 8 years. Obama "fixed" that by creating $5 Trillion in 3 years. The Bush Administration allowed too much federal spending and expansion. Obama "fixed" that by pushing for explosive growth.

This administration's handling of the economy is amazingly unfocused. It's the "economic schizophrenia" I've been referencing. What IS their economic plan? The stimulus clearly failed or at least didn't do anywhere near enough. What's next...extending tax cuts that have been in place for ten years? A 2% payroll tax cut? Tax credits for keeping jobs in the country? Green collar jobs? Claiming gas prices will come down if we just use less oil? The answer is they have no policy. They live on manufactured crises for short-term political gain. They're in reelection mode, hence the blatant denial of economic reality and trying to portray the GOP as conducting a "war on women."

It's all bullsh**.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #165 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You know...I was about to post that I never claimed that. But then I realized: That's absolutely correct. What did Obama attempt to "fix?" The Bush Administration had deficits ranging from $250 to $400 billion excluding TARP. Obama "fixed" that by having deficits of $1.6 Trillion. The Bush Administration accumulated $4 Trillion of debt in 8 years. Obama "fixed" that by creating $5 Trillion in 3 years. The Bush Administration allowed too much federal spending and expansion. Obama "fixed" that by pushing for explosive growth.

This administration's handling of the economy is amazingly unfocused. It's the "economic schizophrenia" I've been referencing. What IS their economic plan? The stimulus clearly failed or at least didn't do anywhere near enough. What's next...extending tax cuts that have been in place for ten years? A 2% payroll tax cut? Tax credits for keeping jobs in the country? Green collar jobs? Claiming gas prices will come down if we just use less oil? The answer is they have no policy. They live on manufactured crises for short-term political gain. They're in reelection mode, hence the blatant denial of economic reality and trying to portray the GOP as conducting a "war on women."

It's all bullsh**.

Yes this is all bullshit. When your credit card bill comes in January for your December spending, it's not a January expense. It's clear to anyone that most of Obama's $5 billion was Bush's credit card bill.
post #166 of 169
Quote:

It's clear to anyone that most of Obama's $5 billion was Bush's credit card bill.

That's not clear at all...but we'll wait for you to show us how this claim is true.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #167 of 169
Quote:

Yes this is all bullshit. When your credit card bill comes in January for your December spending, it's not a January expense. It's clear to anyone that most of Obama's $5 billion was Bush's credit card bill.

Actually it is a January expense. Go tell your credit card company that you don't really owe them a payment because it happened back in December.

That said Obama is responsible for his own timeframe. He was elected to fix a problem. Four years later, he has spent trillions, not improved anything and still wants to run against George Bush.

post #168 of 169
Quote:

How you can honestly believe that is beyond me. It's the line the Obama administration has been using for the past three years, and it's patently false. What you're claiming is that the Bush administration initiated a lot of spending that only "kicked in" after Obama took office....and was not actually spent while Bush was in office. The only program you can really make the case for there is TARP, most of which has been repaid anyway. We're talking about expansion under Obama. Is that Bush's fault, too?
post #169 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Actually it is a January expense. Go tell your credit card company that you don't really owe them a payment because it happened back in December.

That said Obama is responsible for his own timeframe. He was elected to fix a problem. Four years later, he has spent trillions, not improved anything and still wants to run against George Bush.

Fortunately, it doesn't appear that most people find the Obama/tonton argument credible. Nothing he says at this point passes the basic smell test, from the economy, to gas prices, to fiscal policy, to foreign policy. Even Clinton couldn't spin these results.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Look Who's Lying NOW