or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush coming in?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bush coming in?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
With the current crop of conservative elites, especially Romneycrat, struggling to draw much enthusiasm at all from the beleaguered and bitter conservative voter, can a new man, dynastic Jed Bush repair some of the damage recently caused and even win the presidency?

From The Guardian-

"Speculation that a late challenger might still emerge in the increasingly bitter race for the Republican presidential nomination is set to surge after former Florida governor Jeb Bush made remarks criticising the current field.

Bush, who is the brother of President George W Bush and son of President George Bush Sr, is a beloved figure among many conservatives who see him as a strong and charismatic leader who is popular in the must-win swing state of Florida.

That contrasts with a widespread unease among many Republican leaders and grassroots activists with the remaining crop of Republican candidates and the vitriolic nature of the fight between frontrunner Mitt Romney and his main challengers Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich.

In answers to questions from the audience after a speech in Dallas on Thursday, Bush cautioned the remaining Republican campaigns from drifting so far to the right that they put off the key independent voters needed to beat President Barack Obama in November."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ght-republican


This is what he's up against-


"This is justice. What we have here are chickens coming home to roost. It's as if all of the American public's bad habits and perverse obsessions are all coming back to haunt Republican voters in this race: The lack of attention span, the constant demand for instant gratification, the abject hunger for negativity, the utter lack of backbone or constancy (we change our loyalties at the drop of a hat, all it takes is a clever TV ad): these things are all major factors in the spiraling Republican disaster.

Most importantly, though, the conservative passion for divisive, partisan, bomb-tossing politics is threatening to permanently cripple the Republican party. They long ago became more about pointing fingers than about ideology, and it's finally ruining them.

Oh, sure, your average conservative will insist his belief system is based upon a passion for the free market and limited government, but that's mostly a cover story. Instead, the vast team-building exercise that has driven the broadcasts of people like Rush and Hannity and the talking heads on Fox for decades now has really been a kind of ongoing Quest for Orthodoxy, in which the team members congregate in front of the TV and the radio and share in the warm feeling of pointing the finger at people who aren't as American as they are, who lack their family values, who don’t share their All-American work ethic.

The finger-pointing game is a fun one to play, but it’s a little like drugs – you have to keep taking bigger and bigger doses in order to get the same high."
~ http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...urce=pulsenews
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

With the current crop of conservative elites, especially Romneycrat, struggling to draw much enthusiasm at all from the beleaguered and bitter conservative voter, can a new man, dynastic Jed Bush repair some of the damage recently caused and even win the presidency?

Typical media garbage. They are making it a horse race for their own purposes. I include Fox in this. Romney is clearly going to be the nominee. If not for the media pushing the other candidates, the race would already be over.

Quote:


From The Guardian-

"Speculation that a late challenger might still emerge in the increasingly bitter race for the Republican presidential nomination is set to surge after former Florida governor Jeb Bush made remarks criticising the current field.

Bush, who is the brother of President George W Bush and son of President George Bush Sr, is a beloved figure among many conservatives who see him as a strong and charismatic leader who is popular in the must-win swing state of Florida.

That contrasts with a widespread unease among many Republican leaders and grassroots activists with the remaining crop of Republican candidates and the vitriolic nature of the fight between frontrunner Mitt Romney and his main challengers Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich.

In answers to questions from the audience after a speech in Dallas on Thursday, Bush cautioned the remaining Republican campaigns from drifting so far to the right that they put off the key independent voters needed to beat President Barack Obama in November."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ght-republican

I like Jeb Bush a lot. That said, there isn't going to be a scenario where he becomes the nominee. And he'll support whoever does become the nominee.

Quote:

This is what he's up against-


"This is justice. What we have here are chickens coming home to roost. It's as if all of the American public's bad habits and perverse obsessions are all coming back to haunt Republican voters in this race: The lack of attention span, the constant demand for instant gratification, the abject hunger for negativity, the utter lack of backbone or constancy (we change our loyalties at the drop of a hat, all it takes is a clever TV ad): these things are all major factors in the spiraling Republican disaster.

Right, because only Republicans have the above flaws. Secondly, I see no "disaster" whatsoever.

Quote:

Most importantly, though, the conservative passion for divisive, partisan, bomb-tossing politics is threatening to permanently cripple the Republican party. They long ago became more about pointing fingers than about ideology, and it's finally ruining them.



Quote:

Oh, sure, your average conservative will insist his belief system is based upon a passion for the free market and limited government, but that's mostly a cover story. Instead, the vast team-building exercise that has driven the broadcasts of people like Rush and Hannity and the talking heads on Fox for decades now has really been a kind of ongoing Quest for Orthodoxy, in which the team members congregate in front of the TV and the radio and share in the warm feeling of pointing the finger at people who aren't as American as they are, who lack their family values, who dont share their All-American work ethic.

The finger-pointing game is a fun one to play, but its a little like drugs you have to keep taking bigger and bigger doses in order to get the same high."
~ http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...urce=pulsenews

Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin other well-known conservatives don't support Romney. If anything, they are insisting on more ideological purity. If they and others were simply team-building, they'd support whoever was more likely to win regardless of their feelings.

This article and thread are typical of the mainstream media's portrayal of Republicans. It doesn't hurt Obama's chances for his opposition to be portrayed as negative, bumbling fools who change candidates once a week. And on Fox's side, they are trying to make this thing a race for ratings. They've been all over Romney since day 1 (especially Sean Hannity...who has been a closet Gingrich guy the entire time).
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Typical media garbage. They are making it a horse race for their own purposes. I include Fox in this. Romney is clearly going to be the nominee. If not for the media pushing the other candidates, the race would already be over.



I like Jeb Bush a lot. That said, there isn't going to be a scenario where he becomes the nominee. And he'll support whoever does become the nominee.



Right, because only Republicans have the above flaws. Secondly, I see no "disaster" whatsoever.







Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin other well-known conservatives don't support Romney. If anything, they are insisting on more ideological purity. If they and others were simply team-building, they'd support whoever was more likely to win regardless of their feelings.

This article and thread are typical of the mainstream media's portrayal of Republicans. It doesn't hurt Obama's chances for his opposition to be portrayed as negative, bumbling fools who change candidates once a week. And on Fox's side, they are trying to make this thing a race for ratings. They've been all over Romney since day 1 (especially Sean Hannity...who has been a closet Gingrich guy the entire time).

You almost made the case.

Will add more later.

Is he, do you know, really more moderate and how's that an ace? I'mastill baffled.

Let's not forget that Romney has some very odd beliefs.



I'm out and intoxicated, so this is all I can do. But Romneys odd beliefs are repulsivly shocking to any true Christian surely.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #4 of 13
Cool, Jed Bush can rig the election in his favour... He did a solid for his brother, now time to do it for himself.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Cool, Jed Bush can rig the election in his favour... He did a solid for his brother, now time to do it for himself.

That is all we need another Bush in office again.All the Bush family is crooked including the old man.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Cool, Jed Bush can rig the election in his favour... He did a solid for his brother, now time to do it for himself.

With Diebold's hackable voting machines, and central tabulators which are accessible by remote... it should be possible. Then, a bit of advice from Kathryn Harris and DataBase Technologies, and little help from the US Supreme Court if the result looks a little closer.... and it would be a done deal.

Maybe our favorite Terrorist-in-Congress Peter King can tell us a bit more about election fraud, now he's got some spare time away from running guns, explosives and funds to the Provisional I.R.A. terrorist gang.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

That is all we need another Bush in office again.All the Bush family is crooked including the old man.

Demonstrate how they are "crooked."
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

With Diebold's hackable voting machines, and central tabulators which are accessible by remote... it should be possible. Then, a bit of advice from Kathryn Harris and DataBase Technologies, and little help from the US Supreme Court if the result looks a little closer.... and it would be a done deal.

Maybe our favorite Terrorist-in-Congress Peter King can tell us a bit more about election fraud, now he's got some spare time away from running guns, explosives and funds to the Provisional I.R.A. terrorist gang.


Wow. Deibold, the IRA and Peter King...all in the same post. You're on fire!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Wow. Deibold, the IRA and Peter King...all in the same post. You're on fire!

And you're in denial if you think those things aren't relevant and connected.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Wow. Deibold, the IRA and Peter King...all in the same post. You're on fire!

You're on fire is now a racist dog whistle in case you didn't know. You're terrifying her by using imagery associated burning and lynching. Anything that defeats a leftist position or argument also qualifies. So does you having a pulse.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You're on fire is now a racist dog whistle in case you didn't know. You're terrifying her by using imagery associated burning and lynching. Anything that defeats a leftist position or argument also qualifies. So does you having a pulse.

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #12 of 13
So perhaps the conclusion we can draw from the last few comments is that we can have as many terrorists like Peter King in Congress as we like?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Wow. Deibold, the IRA and Peter King...all in the same post. You're on fire!

I'm sure you're against the notion of a major terrorist funder chairing a powerful Congressional "anti-terrorist" Committee?

And... I'm sure you must be against election fraud as well...

After all, conservatives are champions of law and order... well... um... errr...
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush coming in?