or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › SDW Logic: Republicans are traitors to this country
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SDW Logic: Republicans are traitors to this country

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
While Bush was in office: SUPPORT YOUR PRESIDENT DURING A TIME OF WAR!

While Obama is in office: MUST GET RID OF THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE HE'S NOT A CITIZEN RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE HE'S INCOMPETENT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE JAMMING A FINGER IN HIS FACE IS WHAT HE DESERVED RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

If "Bush said Iraq had WMDs" and "Obama said Syria had WMDs" is all that is necessary to make a relevant analogy between the situations, then according to this logic, all of these things Republicans said about the left are now true about themselves:

Quote:
"To those who pit Americans against immigrants, and citizens against non-citizens; to those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve. They give ammunition to America's enemies, and pause to America's friends. They encourage people of good will to remain silent in the face of evil."

Quote:
"divisive comments have the effect of giving aid and comfort to our enemies by allowing them to exploit divisions in our country."

Quote:
President Bush said that "the Senate is more interested in special interests in Washington and not interested in the security of the American people."

Quote:
Rep. Tom DeLay (R-TX), the House Majority Whip, criticized those in Congress who are "questioning the president's leadership, that are constantly throwing up hurdles to keep us from doing what we have to do to protect the American people." He added, "These are people that don't want to protect the American people... [T]hey will do anything, spend all the time and resources they can, to avoid confronting evil."

Quote:
After Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) said "the direction [in Iraq] has got be changed or it is unwinnable," Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) said Democrats are "basically giving aid and comfort to the enemy." Similarly, when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called President Bush an "incompetent leader," House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) said Pelosi "apparently is so caught up in partisan hatred for President Bush that her words are putting American lives at risk."

Well, SDW & Friends...You are putting American lives at risk. You are spending time and resources to avoid confronting evil. You aren't interested in the security of the American people. Your tactics only aid terrorists. Republicans are basically giving aid and comfort to the enemy.



If you have a problem with this, perhaps you should drop the partisan hackery.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #2 of 11
Reported as a direct attack on a member in the thread title. Goodbye.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
I'm just following your logic to its conclusions. Everything that Republicans said about Democrats 8 years ago is apparently now true about themselves. If you think that using your own arguments and your own logic is an attack, perhaps that is a commentary on the validity of those positions. Don't blame others when the same logic is applied elsewhere.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

While Bush was in office: SUPPORT YOUR PRESIDENT DURING A TIME OF WAR!

While Obama is in office: MUST GET RID OF THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE HE'S NOT A CITIZEN RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE HE'S INCOMPETENT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE JAMMING A FINGER IN HIS FACE IS WHAT HE DESERVED RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

If "Bush said Iraq had WMDs" and "Obama said Syria had WMDs" is all that is necessary to make a relevant analogy between the situations, then according to this logic, all of these things Republicans said about the left are now true about themselves:











Well, SDW & Friends...You are putting American lives at risk. You are spending time and resources to avoid confronting evil. You aren't interested in the security of the American people. Your tactics only aid terrorists. Republicans are basically giving aid and comfort to the enemy.



If you have a problem with this, perhaps you should drop the partisan hackery.

The Republicans are running scared now.They always have truthfully. they have no new concepts or plans to boost the economy at all. They are really wacky now with what they say and do.These candidates are a joke!
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Reported as a direct attack on a member in the thread title. Goodbye.

Wrong. This is not a personal attack. It is an attack on your logic. Not the same thing.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
Reply
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

The Republicans are running scared now.They always have truthfully. they have no new concepts or plans to boost the economy at all. They are really wacky now with what they say and do.These candidates are a joke!

In what way are the Democrats any better, or even different? In 2006, look what happened in the mid term elections... the Democrats swept the board, and then promptly marched in lockstep to the Bush White House agenda.

Obama, meanwhile has followed as a carbon copy of his hardline rightwing predecessor, paying only superficial lip-service to his base. He, like Bush, bailed out the criminals in the corporate boardrooms and the banksters on Wall Street, foisted "ObamaCare" on the public, a product of the ultra rightwing Heritage Foundation in which the beneficiaries are the insurance industry and HMOs, and where doctors and patients remain at the bottom of the totem. Then he started another war, expanded an existing war, and is about to start a brand new war in the Bush Administration's 7 nation target list. He appointed a Monsanto executive ╰╯ as a senior official at the Agriculture Department, a classic "Bushism". He has continued the Bush doctrine of dismantling the Bill of Rights. He refused to sign the NDAA without the 'indefinite detention' clause. Then he comes out in favor of 30,000 drones patrolling US cities. He is all for expanding police powers and the national security state. Then he proposes corporate tax cuts. He is even to the right of Republicans as regards tax cuts and government spending.

He may be for gay rights, or the freedom for women to choose.... but that's more about keeping the government out of our personal lives.. which could also be argued as a form of conservatism as well... (less government anyone?)....

Obama is a liberal?? Democratic party is progressive?? Perhaps the Sun really does rise in the West. Maybe blizzards are forecast for the Bahamas. The Archbishop of Canterbury is a Buddhist and Khaled Sheikh Mohammed really did assassinate Abraham LIncoln.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

In what way are the Democrats any better, or even different? In 2006, look what happened in the mid term elections... the Democrats swept the board, and then promptly marched in lockstep to the Bush White House agenda.

Obama, meanwhile has followed as a carbon copy of his hardline rightwing predecessor, paying only superficial lip-service to his base. He, like Bush, bailed out the criminals in the corporate boardrooms and the banksters on Wall Street, foisted "ObamaCare" on the public, a product of the ultra rightwing Heritage Foundation in which the beneficiaries are the insurance industry and HMOs, and where doctors and patients remain at the bottom of the totem. Then he started another war, expanded an existing war, and is about to start a brand new war in the Bush Administration's 7 nation target list. He appointed a Monsanto executive ╰╯ as a senior official at the Agriculture Department, a classic "Bushism". He has continued the Bush doctrine of dismantling the Bill of Rights. He refused to sign the NDAA without the 'indefinite detention' clause. Then he comes out in favor of 30,000 drones patrolling US cities. He is all for expanding police powers and the national security state. Then he proposes corporate tax cuts. He is even to the right of Republicans as regards tax cuts and government spending.

He may be for gay rights, or the freedom for women to choose.... but that's more about keeping the government out of our personal lives.. which could also be argued as a form of conservatism as well... (less government anyone?)....

Obama is a liberal?? Democratic party is progressive?? Perhaps the Sun really does rise in the West. Maybe blizzards are forecast for the Bahamas. The Archbishop of Canterbury is a Buddhist and Khaled Sheikh Mohammed really did assassinate Abraham LIncoln.

Who would you want as president in 2012?
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Who would you want as president in 2012?

Someone who is his/her own person, as opposed to being completely owned by, and answerable to, an élite group of mega-privileged and well-connected foreign and domestic individuals, businesses, think tanks and other unelected bodies.

Someone who places the American people and the US Constitution somewhere on the pecking order ... at the top of the totem would be too idealistic, but right now, just to be on the totem itself would be a bonus. Perhaps such a concept is too dangerous - a president, like any human, has a keenly developed sense of self-preservation....

I don't care if its a Republican, or a Democrat, or preferably an Independent... but that's idealistic as well, since the media-sponsored Republocrat electoral merry-go-round does not ALLOW for anyone outside the circus to get on the ride, no matter *how* well qualified.

Names? I can't think of anyone, to be honest. The only names we hear about are those who can afford the publicity bill that the media demands... and super-wealth, as we all know, is not a valid qualification to hold public office. Or is it?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Someone who is his/her own person, as opposed to being completely owned by, and answerable to, an élite group of mega-privileged and well-connected foreign and domestic individuals, businesses, think tanks and other unelected bodies.

Someone who places the American people and the US Constitution somewhere on the pecking order ... at the top of the totem would be too idealistic, but right now, just to be on the totem itself would be a bonus. Perhaps such a concept is too dangerous - a president, like any human, has a keenly developed sense of self-preservation....

I don't care if its a Republican, or a Democrat, or preferably an Independent... but that's idealistic as well, since the media-sponsored Republocrat electoral merry-go-round does not ALLOW for anyone outside the circus to get on the ride, no matter *how* well qualified.

Names? I can't think of anyone, to be honest. The only names we hear about are those who can afford the publicity bill that the media demands... and super-wealth, as we all know, is not a valid qualification to hold public office. Or is it?

What are your thoughts on Ron Paul?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

What are your thoughts on Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is highly unlikely to win the nomination as the Republican Party presidential candidate, but if he stays in the race bid for the White House as an Independent candidate, he would get my vote over Obama any day. I don't support everything on his platform, but give me a constitutionalist conservative/libertarian over a faux liberal, any day. And thats coming from a liberal.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Someone who is his/her own person, as opposed to being completely owned by, and answerable to, an élite group of mega-privileged and well-connected foreign and domestic individuals, businesses, think tanks and other unelected bodies.

Someone who places the American people and the US Constitution somewhere on the pecking order ... at the top of the totem would be too idealistic, but right now, just to be on the totem itself would be a bonus. Perhaps such a concept is too dangerous - a president, like any human, has a keenly developed sense of self-preservation....

I don't care if its a Republican, or a Democrat, or preferably an Independent... but that's idealistic as well, since the media-sponsored Republocrat electoral merry-go-round does not ALLOW for anyone outside the circus to get on the ride, no matter *how* well qualified.

Names? I can't think of anyone, to be honest. The only names we hear about are those who can afford the publicity bill that the media demands... and super-wealth, as we all know, is not a valid qualification to hold public office. Or is it?

Truthfully speaking there is no one decent to become the president of the U.S. now not even Obama he is to much of a phony which I do not trust that much. He talks from 2 sides of his mouth.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › SDW Logic: Republicans are traitors to this country