or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tucker Carlson on Fox News: ANNIHILATE IRAN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tucker Carlson on Fox News: ANNIHILATE IRAN

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
So, this is what it has come down to. Tucker Carlson on Fox News (of course) has now publicly called for the "annihilation of Iran", because "they are all evil".

What kind of media does the US have? Is this the standard of dialog that now considered "acceptable discourse"? Will Fox fire him for that? Of course not... he's more likely to get an award in the good old US of A, 2012, than a carpeting. The DC neocon organized crime cartel are probably laughing like drains about it as well.

What kind of sick individual, and what kind of mindset calls openly for a new, 21st Century Holocaust, involving the massacre of 10s of millions of people? The short answer: Psychopaths like Stalin, or imbeciles like Carlson. Aha... but Iranians (Persians) are Muslim... and to wipe them all out - thats OK, isn't it, Mr. American Conservative! Iranians have the wrong skin color, they worship the wrong god, they speak the wrong language, they're all terrorists, and goddammit... our oil is under their fucking mountains.

Fox News is watched by millions of American conservatives, and is a hugely influential opinion-maker, alongside the rest of the corporate media, which follows a generally rightwing set of opinions, but not as far out in Looneyland and Hate Ville as Fox. How many doe-eyed right-wingers, who view the world in black' n' white, non-relativistic terms.... are now going to be baying for war against Iran, that is if they are not already doing so?

What has Iran done, as regards the United States, that would warrant even waging war against them, let alone "annihilating" the entire nation, along with its "evil people"?

Goebbels would have wet dreams listening to Carlson (and O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh etc)
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #2 of 24
Tucker Carlson absolutely has a right to say whatever retarded shit he wants. Fox also absolutely has a right to send a message that calling for the annihilation of an entire country is so abhorrent that it will not allow such people on its station. Is it really so shocking that they haven't and more than likely won't.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #3 of 24
SDW, do you subscribe to this point of view? Don't you think Iranians love their children too?
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

SDW, do you subscribe to this point of view? Don't you think Iranians love their children too?

I think many Iranians would like more change in their country, but clearly "annihilating" the whole country is not a reasonable idea.

I saw the video clip, it's rather... just stupid. It's the kind of thing that makes people in the US and outside the US dislike the US.

If somebody was on Iranian TV and says "we should annihilate the US" they'd be on a global hitlist straight away (if they aren't already).

I'm rather surprised that there are segments of the global community that still think we (any country) can waltz into anywhere we want and wipe them off the face of the Earth. To which I would say, if you're really serious about that stuff, why don't you just destroy the whole Middle East? Parts of Africa? Sure as hell would be a lot less trouble for the future and less mouths to feed. Oh, the oil... Yeah, forgot about that.
post #5 of 24
The issue is the divisive nature of those comments. It says, if you're concerned about Muslims, if you want to live with them, you're a hippie. If you are just a little bit unhappy about them, well, if you want to eradicate them, then you're a true-blooded Western conservative.

Many of us would like to see more progress and equality in the Muslim world as a global community. But people advocating this kind of nutty stuff, even if meant in half-jest (which makes it worse) ~ really don't help the issue as well.

Take the hijab. I'm sure some people in the world want to rip it off others. But if you can do that, that gives them the right to force you to wear one.

Bottom line, this century, there's a lot of work needed between Muslim and non-Muslims. But this kind of stuff by Fox just makes it harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

So, this is what it has come down to. Tucker Carlson on Fox News (of course) has now publicly called for the "annihilation of Iran", because "they are all evil".

What kind of media does the US have? Is this the standard of dialog that now considered "acceptable discourse"? Will Fox fire him for that? Of course not... he's more likely to get an award in the good old US of A, 2012, than a carpeting. The DC neocon organized crime cartel are probably laughing like drains about it as well.

What kind of sick individual, and what kind of mindset calls openly for a new, 21st Century Holocaust, involving the massacre of 10s of millions of people? The short answer: Psychopaths like Stalin, or imbeciles like Carlson. Aha... but Iranians (Persians) are Muslim... and to wipe them all out - thats OK, isn't it, Mr. American Conservative! Iranians have the wrong skin color, they worship the wrong god, they speak the wrong language, they're all terrorists, and goddammit... our oil is under their fucking mountains.

Fox News is watched by millions of American conservatives, and is a hugely influential opinion-maker, alongside the rest of the corporate media, which follows a generally rightwing set of opinions, but not as far out in Looneyland and Hate Ville as Fox. How many doe-eyed right-wingers, who view the world in black' n' white, non-relativistic terms.... are now going to be baying for war against Iran, that is if they are not already doing so?

What has Iran done, as regards the United States, that would warrant even waging war against them, let alone "annihilating" the entire nation, along with its "evil people"?

Goebbels would have wet dreams listening to Carlson (and O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh etc)
post #6 of 24
He's just taking a page from Iranian leaders.
post #7 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

So, this is what it has come down to. Tucker Carlson on Fox News (of course) has now publicly called for the "annihilation of Iran", because "they are all evil".

What kind of media does the US have? Is this the standard of dialog that now considered "acceptable discourse"? Will Fox fire him for that? Of course not... he's more likely to get an award in the good old US of A, 2012, than a carpeting. The DC neocon organized crime cartel are probably laughing like drains about it as well.

What kind of sick individual, and what kind of mindset calls openly for a new, 21st Century Holocaust, involving the massacre of 10s of millions of people? The short answer: Psychopaths like Stalin, or imbeciles like Carlson. Aha... but Iranians (Persians) are Muslim... and to wipe them all out - thats OK, isn't it, Mr. American Conservative! Iranians have the wrong skin color, they worship the wrong god, they speak the wrong language, they're all terrorists, and goddammit... our oil is under their fucking mountains.

Fox News is watched by millions of American conservatives, and is a hugely influential opinion-maker, alongside the rest of the corporate media, which follows a generally rightwing set of opinions, but not as far out in Looneyland and Hate Ville as Fox. How many doe-eyed right-wingers, who view the world in black' n' white, non-relativistic terms.... are now going to be baying for war against Iran, that is if they are not already doing so?

What has Iran done, as regards the United States, that would warrant even waging war against them, let alone "annihilating" the entire nation, along with its "evil people"?

Goebbels would have wet dreams listening to Carlson (and O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh etc)

No one who is really sensible or intelligent would watch Fox news or take it seriously.They are a bunch of clowns. One person to keep in mind Limbaughwho is a complete and utter war monger from the start and would love to see us bomb Iran.
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Tucker Carlson absolutely has a right to say whatever retarded shit he wants.

Yep.

Quote:
Fox also absolutely has a right to send a message that calling for the annihilation of an entire country is so abhorrent that it will not allow such people on its station.

It's doubtful he actually meant it as it sounded. I also don't think he said "all." Either way, I'd rather see him called out on it publicly (on the air) than pulled off.

Quote:
Is it really so shocking that they haven't and more than likely won't.

I don't agree that someone should be pulled off the air for an opinion like that. This seems to be something the Left supports wholeheartedly, from NPR firing Juan Williams, to Pat Buchanan at MSNBC. Anyone who makes controversial statements is in danger of being silenced. Not good. What he said was over the top and I disagree with with it...but it's not the worst thing I've heard by far.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #9 of 24
That last part is true. The conservative echo chamber of AM Radio and Fox News says pretty abhorrent shit every day.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Despite the continuous hatred, bile and propaganda aimed against the Iranian people, spewing from the US conservative corporate media and directed by the mega-powerful Israeli lobbies, current polls indicate a consistent majority of the public opposed to war against Iran. btw most reports from Iran (and the rest of the mid east) and statements from their leaders are routinely mistranslated by the Israeli oriented organization MEMRI (which provides English copy of mid east news.....

The p/resident is unlikely to commit to war against Iran without broad public support.

How will the Obama Administration get the war that he, his Israeli backers, the military/industrial/security/prison/ entertainment complex, and the corporate media crave? US involvement in Iraq has run its course, Afghanistan is due to finish in 2 years, the other world's hot spots don't cut the cake, as regards selling TV footage and news stories. The war machine requires a new, bigger, meatier target in order to maintain profits, politicians historically use war to stay in office, and the jingoistic sector of the public can look forward to a new episode of video-game mass killing on their teevee sets to whoop along to.

Either:
(a) the continued bile-stream will manage to sway a majority of the public into supporting a war, but will that be quick enough for Israel? Or,

(b) we can all expect some type of incident (perhaps terrorism), or a faked story with wide media coverage, designed to enrage the public enough to support war. (Kuwaiti babies dumped out of incubators worked very well for George Bush Sr. to bring the public around to support for Desert Storm). If (a) doesn't happen fast enough for Israel's needs, then (b) is a certainty.

War with Iran is pretty much a guarantee this election year. Obama likely needs it to stay in office. And remember, when the Israeli hardliners clicks their heels, the US snaps to attention. Will they use nukes and "annihilate" the Iranian people and their land? Will Tucker Carlson and the neo-brownshirt set be able to indulge in their wank-fest?

Meanwhile, Chinese manufacturers of US flags can look forward to a bumper season.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
If Tucker Carlson's outrageous comments are evil enough, Israeli officials are now considering starving Iranians en masse, in response to Iran's unproven allegations of pursuing a nuclear weapons program.

Of course, starving out the civilian population of a nation violates the Geneva Convention and pretty much every relevant international treaty out there. But this is Israel.... and they can get away with literally *anything* with immunity, including operating a secret nuclear weapons program for decades, defying IAEA attempts to inspect the facilities, and flagrantly defying over 60 United Nations Security Council Resolutions in a few decades... as in, the same accusation leveled against Iraq that the US, under the Bush Administration, used to illegally invade that country on the basis of fabrications and lies.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #12 of 24
Anti-Semite!

[/SDW]
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Anti-Semite!

[/SDW]

Why say this about him?
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Why say this about him?

Don't worry, Marv. I was channeling someone who likes to project his own prejudices on others.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Don't worry, Marv. I was channeling someone who likes to project his own prejudices on others.

Which prejudices are those?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Which prejudices are those?

Among others, you hate all Muslims. So in your mind, anyone who criticizes Israel hates all Jews.
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Among others, you hate all Muslims. So in your mind, anyone who criticizes Israel hates all Jews.

The acceptable form of anti-semitism in the US is a broad-based hatred of Arabs, and by extension Muslims, in much of "Middle America".

It's been ongoing for decades, most specifically since the creation of Israel in 1948. The principle contributors to this effort have been the Hollywood/entertainment industry, the mainstream media and numerous pro-Israeli conservative think tanks.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

The acceptable form of anti-semitism in the US is a broad-based hatred of Arabs, and by extension Muslims, in much of "Middle America".

Really? Huh. I live in "middle America" and I don't see any of that. In fact I worked, for a long time, at a company that had a very diverse cross-section of people from the Middle East and Asia working there and it was quite friendly and civil. No signs at all of this broad hatred you allude to.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Among others, you hate all Muslims. So in your mind, anyone who criticizes Israel hates all Jews.

When he disagrees with you, he hates everyone. Who doesn't he hate in your opinion tonton?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Among others, you hate all Muslims.


Completely false. And screw you for trying to claim so.

Quote:
So in your mind, anyone who criticizes Israel hates all Jews.

Also false.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Really? Huh. I live in "middle America" and I don't see any of that. In fact I worked, for a long time, at a company that had a very diverse cross-section of people from the Middle East and Asia working there and it was quite friendly and civil. No signs at all of this broad hatred you allude to.

I can understand that. But there's a parallel... we hear of crimes happening every day on the corporate media news.. local TV is constantly recounting a litany of rapes, robberies, carjackings, burglaries, and the like... as if its happening on every street corner all the time. But in real life, to witness a crime actually taking place is very very rare for the overwhelming majority of people... even in Compton or the South Side of Chicago.

The animosity that exists in much of the US for the Arab/Muslim sector is a largely a product of popular/mass media indoctrination, resulting in a subtle festering set of negative emotions ranging from mistrust to suspicion to fear and condemnation. Many people in your workplace could be harboring these thoughts and opinions, but would you ever witness the outcomes of such, in terms that you could see as an observer? You would have to be in the right place at the right time, all the time.

Then, in the workplace, people tend to keep their biases under check, for very obvious reasons, for example - getting fired. In these stark economic times when so many people are under the stress of being one paycheck away from homelessness, keeping a job is quite high on the priority totem.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I can understand that. But there's a parallel... we hear of crimes happening every day on the corporate media news.. local TV is constantly recounting a litany of rapes, robberies, carjackings, burglaries, and the like... as if its happening on every street corner all the time. But in real life, to witness a crime actually taking place is very very rare for the overwhelming majority of people... even in Compton or the South Side of Chicago.

Actually it isn't rare and I have no idea why you would state this. Sure it isn't a daily event.

Yet overall, crime statistics show that the chances of actually becoming a crime victim are relatively low: the odds a person 12 or older will be a victim of a personal crime (including violent crimes, robbery, and pickpocketing/purse snatching) in a year are 1 in 46.61, and the odds of being a victim of a violent crime are 1 in 48.36. The odds a household will be a victim of a property crime (including burglary, theft, and car theft) in a year are 1 in 6.83.

Much like how most people are involved in an auto related accident every few years (on average), it doesn't mean you fixate on it and drive yourself nuts, but you do act in a safe and defensive manner. Using the odds above, most people will be involved within one major crime within their lifetime.


Quote:
The animosity that exists in much of the US for the Arab/Muslim sector is a largely a product of popular/mass media indoctrination, resulting in a subtle festering set of negative emotions ranging from mistrust to suspicion to fear and condemnation. Many people in your workplace could be harboring these thoughts and opinions, but would you ever witness the outcomes of such, in terms that you could see as an observer? You would have to be in the right place at the right time, all the time.

Where is this animosity? Because of the nature of our society and it's desire to make sure nothing bad happens, someone spraypainting something hateful would make instant national news. There was a recent incident at a school in Florida where two girls made some dumb videos and it was national news and they were driven out of the school basically for repeating an old Chris Rock routine. Meanwhile various minority groups due to their claimed "unempowered" state act far worse every day and it doesn't even make the news. When it does, the identifying or hateful motives are obscured. I work at a school that is very old fashioned. We have several students of Arabic/Islamic background and I have taught a large number of them. We help with their fasting. We talk to their parents. There haven't been any issues related to their background. (Not doing homework or classwork, that is a completely different matter of course.)

Quote:
Then, in the workplace, people tend to keep their biases under check, for very obvious reasons, for example - getting fired. In these stark economic times when so many people are under the stress of being one paycheck away from homelessness, keeping a job is quite high on the priority totem.

Here you assign actions where there isn't anything happening, just suspicion on your part. That suspicion might as well be projection because you can't prove anything but you know those darn assholes did it because of WHO THEY ARE!

I've never had anyone come to my room and complain that their child is sitting next to someone who is Arabic nor have I ever heard a staff member disparage their ethnicity or religion. I have heard plenty of teachers get heated and upset about fathers that expect nothing from their little girls educationally and do nothing to help them because they'd prefer they stay home and be baby machines.

The former will be confronted whether it is real or imagined. The latter won't be touched because of who is doing it and their motives.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I can understand that. But there's a parallel... we hear of crimes happening every day on the corporate media news.. local TV is constantly recounting a litany of rapes, robberies, carjackings, burglaries, and the like... as if its happening on every street corner all the time. But in real life, to witness a crime actually taking place is very very rare for the overwhelming majority of people... even in Compton or the South Side of Chicago.

The animosity that exists in much of the US for the Arab/Muslim sector is a largely a product of popular/mass media indoctrination, resulting in a subtle festering set of negative emotions ranging from mistrust to suspicion to fear and condemnation. Many people in your workplace could be harboring these thoughts and opinions, but would you ever witness the outcomes of such, in terms that you could see as an observer? You would have to be in the right place at the right time, all the time.

Then, in the workplace, people tend to keep their biases under check, for very obvious reasons, for example - getting fired. In these stark economic times when so many people are under the stress of being one paycheck away from homelessness, keeping a job is quite high on the priority totem.

I see. So it's there, I just don't see it.

Can I presume that like crime which has witnesses, court records and crime statistics to support the claim of a set of things happening that I don't actually see or witness myself, you have a similar set of facts to support the claim of this widespread hatred you speak of? Because currently, my own personal anecdotal experiences run exactly the opposite of your claim.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I see. So it's there, I just don't see it.

Can I presume that like crime which has witnesses, court records and crime statistics to support the claim of a set of things happening that I don't actually see or witness myself, you have a similar set of facts to support the claim of this widespread hatred you speak of? Because currently, my own personal anecdotal experiences run exactly the opposite of your claim.

For just one indicator:

The Jerry Klein Radio Experiment.

Have a read... or listen to the original radio show here:

Quote:
"I can't believe any of you are sick enough to have agreed for one second with anything I said. For me to suggest to tattoo marks on people's bodies, have them wear armbands, put a crescent moon on their driver's license on their passport or birth certificate is disgusting. It's beyond disgusting ... because basically what you just did was show me how the German people allowed what happened to the Jews to happen ... We need to separate them, we need to tattoo their arms, we need to make them wear the yellow Star of David, we need to put them in concentration camps, we basically just need to kill them all because they are dangerous."

A Gallup poll (in 2005) had found that 39% of Americans were in favor of requiring Muslims, including those who were citizens, to bear special identification identifying them as such.

Islamophobia is "alive and well" in the US, and it is a major factor that has driven mid-east foreign policy too, especially since the turn of the millennium.

extracted: A
Quote:
nd advanced forms of biological warfare that can “target” specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool.

The Nazi philosophy is alive and well.... just a different target demographic... usefully demonized by the US media.

Have another read... and another ..

The "acceptable" face of anti-semitism/racism is institutionalized and entrenched in Washington DC power structure. Have a read. and another...

Read this too

or watch the documentary version....

Some typical conservative "Middle America" sentiments here on film...

Maybe if you have a little time, you could read this too

Isamlophobia doesnt exist in the US? Cats bark and dogs meow.

Islamophobia is a fucking industry more like.

Here's some more reading, if you still aren't convinced:

Islamophobia: The Challenge of Pluralism in the 21st Century

Islamophobia: Making Muslims the Enemy

Islamophobia

A Suitable Enemy: Racism, Migration and Islamophobia in Europe (we're not alone in the US)

Framing Muslims: Stereotyping and Representation after 9/11

Covering Islam: How the Media and the Experts Determine How We See the Rest of the World

Guilty

How Does It Feel to Be a Problem?: Being Young and Arab in America

Thinking Through Islamophobia: Global Perspectives

OK enough already... there's a stack more. If there's enough hatred out there for dozens of books on the subject and so many different aspects of it.... then its very apparent that this is real, despite what the legions of weasels who spew the 6th grade "conspiracy theory" accusations at anyone who offends their pathetic little comfort zones.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tucker Carlson on Fox News: ANNIHILATE IRAN