or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google: Android has 450K apps, 850K devices activated daily
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google: Android has 450K apps, 850K devices activated daily - Page 3

post #81 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by realitycheck69 View Post

I don't hate Apple.

Sure you don't. And I don't hate Google and Adobe.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #82 of 161
Is the 450K app number made before or after they backed out the quantity of malware??
post #83 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Wow, such a pointless post. Apple isn't a charity or religion? Thanks for clearing that up, I don't need the 'Apple shouldn't be worshipped' talk. I'm displaying no fanboyism. I'm simply questioning why someone who does not care for Apple or any of its products in any way, shape, or form would choose to post incessantly on such a forum. It's a rational and logical question. I wasn't asking why he said something negative. I was asking why he's here considering 100% of his posts are negative. He dislikes Apple, yet posts on an Apple fansite. My explanation is that he's a troll, which is the most logical one. I'm open to other alternative explanations, but haven't been offered any.

....and I'm saying who cares. The man must own or has some contact with Apple products to post here. Unless he directly calls you an asshole I'm fine with him talking crap about a company. A COMPANY, something that a lot of people can't get threw their heads. I like Apple's laptops because I like UNIX, I do not like iOS because it is closed tighter then a dolphins butt and I think it's starting to stagnate. My tablet and phone OS of choice is now Android 4.03. I am not a Apple lover or hater. They happened to make certain products that I like that's it. If and that's a few hundred billion dollars against if they do go out of business in the near future. I wouldn't miss Apple one bit, there are to many other company's that I would be happy to buy my laptops from.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #84 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Who cares if Google's Android just so happens to be the OS of choice of sub 50 dollar third world piece of crap phones that no self respecting Apple user should care about.

Nobody, except for Fandroids, which is why they feel that the activation statistic is important. It doesn't mean crap. One iOS user is probably worth at least 10 Android users, in terms of monetary value to the company. Fandroids and Google likes to boast about their activation numbers, because they don't have much else to boast about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Competition is a good thing, I don't want to live in a world that only has Apple products. Sorry, just me.

That would never happen, because Apple will never lower itself to make products that everybody in the world can buy. Apple doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator, Android does.
post #85 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure you don't. And I don't hate Google and Adobe.

I like my Chromebook from Google but yea I don't think I can say anything nice about Adobe right now. If it wasn't for Dreamweaver, man I wish there was an open source project that I cold use.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #86 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Unless he directly calls you an asshole I'm fine with him talking crap about a company. A COMPANY, something that a lot of people can't get threw their heads.

We all know that Apple is a company, thanks for stating the obvious. And if somebody comes here for the sole purpose of hating Apple and talking trash, then they should just join iHateApple.com instead.
post #87 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I like my Chromebook from Google but yea I don't think I can say anything nice about Adobe right now. If it wasn't for Dreamweaver, man I wish there was an open source project that I cold use.

Screw Dreamweaver! Use Coda instead. I used TextEdit before Coda because even TextEdit is better than Dreamweaver.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #88 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Nobody, except for Fandroids, which is why they feel that the activation statistic is important. It doesn't mean crap. One iOS user is probably worth at least 10 Android users, in terms of monetary value to the company. Fandroids and Google likes to boast about their activation numbers, because they don't have much else to boast about.

Since AppleInsider posted the article they must be Fandroids then



Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

That would never happen, because Apple will never lower itself to make products that everybody in the world can buy. Apple doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator, Android does.

You probably haven't noticed but Apple is a company not a person and I highly doubt you have any actual knowledge of what Apple will or will not do but you go ahead and keep posting our opinion as fact, I am sure someone on here believes it

FYI, Apples accomplishments are not yours.
post #89 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

We all know that Apple is a company, thanks for stating the obvious. And if somebody comes here for the sole purpose of hating Apple and talking trash, then they should just join iHateApple.com instead.

Having a different opinion does not constitute hate. Your feelings might be hurt but it does not mean someone hates.
post #90 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Screw Dreamweaver! Use Coda instead. I used TextEdit before Coda because even TextEdit is better than Dreamweaver.

Coda huh? Hey thanks for the tip downloading now. Hey I'm a VI guy like the next but I've been using Dreamweaver so long I'm kind of addicted you know what I mean. Man I miss Maromedia.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #91 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Since AppleInsider posted the article they must be Fandroids then

Articles are posted about the competition and the copytition, so that people can laugh at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

You probably haven't noticed but Apple is a company not a person and I highly doubt you have any actual knowledge of what Apple will or will not do but you go ahead and keep posting our opinion as fact, I am sure someone on here believes it

FYI, Apples accomplishments are not yours.

Anybody who has followed Apple for a while, as in decades, knows what Apple is about.

Apparently, many clueless people here have no idea what Apple is about. And if they did, they would know that Apple has raised prices on certain products numerous times in the past. Those who do not know the past know nothing about the present and even less than nothing about the future.
post #92 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Having a different opinion does not constitute hate. Your feelings might be hurt but it does not mean someone hates.

See that was my feeling on the matter as well I read the poster in questions posts and yea he does come off as a hater but no worse then half of most of guys on here. I have a problem when one user goes off on another not trashing a company.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #93 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Having a different opinion does not constitute hate. Your feelings might be hurt but it does not mean someone hates.

If that opinion consists of nothing but Apple is bad and Apple sucks in almost every post, then yeah, that constitutes hate. Those people should join a stormfront for iHaters, where they can be with their own kind.
post #94 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post



Anybody who has followed Apple for a while, as in decades, knows what Apple is about.

Apparently, many clueless people here have no idea what Apple is about. And if they did, they would know that Apple has raised prices on certain products numerous times in the past. Those who do not know the past know nothing about the present and even less than nothing about the future.

What does Apple raising prices have too do with this thread? Do you even know what thread you are commenting on? Atleast have a clue before typing.
post #95 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

If that opinion consists of nothing but Apple is bad and Apple sucks in almost every post, then yeah, that constitutes hate. Those people should join a stormfront for iHaters, where they can be with their own kind.

It is his opinion and he is entitled to it. If you do not like it, tough crap.
post #96 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

What does Apple raising prices have too do with this thread? Do you even know what thread you are commenting on? Atleast have a clue before typing.

Wrong thread, argument still relevant though.
post #97 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

It is his opinion and he is entitled to it. If you do not like it, tough crap.

And that's my opinion and I am entitled to it. If you don't like it, then too bad.

Don't bother replying to me, because I have nothing more to say to your kind.
post #98 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

If that opinion consists of nothing but Apple is bad and Apple sucks in almost every post, then yeah, that constitutes hate. Those people should join a stormfront for iHaters, where they can be with their own kind.



Yea but it's no fun when you have a bunch of people with just one cause in one area, my husband was actually successful once in sucking his own you know ... and he came back with, "you know that old saying when guys say if I could do it myself I would never leave the house, wells it's not true" . These guys thrive on conflict and need to question our resolve so they seek out.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #99 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And that's my opinion and I am entitled to it. If you don't like it, then too bad.

Don't bother replying to me, because I have nothing more to say to your kind.

Hehe, yea and another thing you smell and your mother dresses you funny.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #100 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post


My Asus Slider can feasibly be used as a notebook replacement. I'm a programmer who predominantly works with Java, Python, Perl and PHP and I have no problems getting actual work done, something that I was never able to accomplish with my iPod.

....and my Galaxy Note, well it's just bitchin. I love it to death, that screen size and resolution, the pen, the OS, has everything I need and does it so well that I rarely pick up my iPhone anymore.



If you like those, you might be interested in Asus' newest innovation, the Padfone. It is a smartphone that clips inside a tablet, which in turn has a keyboard dock.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...iw=863&bih=479
post #101 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Unlike Apple, which is totally transparent and actually gives a breakdown of all devices it sells, there's no way to know what the breakdown and exact stats are with any of that fragmented Android baloney.

Apple doesn't give a full break down of the devices it sells. Please provide the list of iPhone sales per model provided by Apple
post #102 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Does anyone know if a user is counted as as activation again if their Android phone breaks and they get a replacement one?

Just about every person I know (more than one) that owns an Android phone has went through several replacements simply because of its shoddy quality.

Note to self: Cheap junk outsells pricier models.

The quality of the phone has nothing to do with the OS running on it, that is a manufacturer problem.
post #103 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

nobody really needs a Mac, iPhone or iPad.

Some here claim that they would rather be dead than be deprived of Apple products.
post #104 of 161
Hows the app quality doing on Android? Where are the best-of-breed experiences like GarageBand, Procreate, Pages, Numbers, and Infinity Blade? Whats the proportion of shovelware and malware on that list? I suspect Google let more of that through than Apple does. And how many are optimized to be truly great at tablet sizes?
post #105 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

If you like those, you might be interested in Asus' newest innovation, the Padfone. It is a smartphone that clips inside a tablet, which in turn has a keyboard dock.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...iw=863&bih=479

Thanks sweety but I am currently in a hotel room after spending a full day at Mobile Congress. I'm in Spain right now, oh and yes I got to play with the new Asus, phone/tablet thingy. Pretty nice, no price as of yet though.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #106 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

the array of a gazillion Android smartphones is enough to make any normal consumer turn and run away.

But they don't. Instead, they buy one.

There is the iPhone to fill the gap for the easily confused.
post #107 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

MotoHTCSamsungLGAsusZTEAcerSony outsells Apple....

Clever!

I like what you did there!
If you're going to be original, then you can count on being copied.
Reply
If you're going to be original, then you can count on being copied.
Reply
post #108 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Google appears to have bigger plans for Android than simply a smartphone/tablet OS.

Definitely looks like it. They want to show how it's possible to stuff several billion dollars in a toilet and flush it down. As of now they have possibly managed to demo this feature with about $2-3 billion. But hold on for Giant Toilet (beta) where they will attempt to flush $12.5 billion at one shot!

It is mind boggling how much Google has achieved with Android. They have managed to alienate almost the entire tech world. Someone should ascribe a value to how much Google's image has taken a beating since Android. And they run a humongous risk that Apple decides to enter search directly - as opposed to beating around Google with Siri. They run risk that Apple will mandate iAd as the only advertising option for the AppStore.

Lots of people think Apple can't do something like that - but it is just making sure that Apple is compensated for its bandwidth and hosting costs by all developers who make money from their apps. Either by sales or by ads. Once iAd becomes solid, Apple can easily pull this off.
post #109 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Apple doesn't give a full break down of the devices it sells. Please provide the list of iPhone sales per model provided by Apple

I believe that you're correct, and I stand corrected on that point. Apple gives quarterly sales figures for iPhones total. The figures I was referring to are not provided by Apple, but by other firms which broke down the sales figures for the iPhone in quarter 4, which showed how much each particular model iPhone sold.

There is no such data for Android at all that I've seen. Not from Google and not from anybody else.
post #110 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

I know Google and Android exist, but I can only name three phones using that OS and two are from Samesung. That pretty much sums up how fvcked up the Android market is. No one can remember the damn names of all those phones, much less who makes them and what OS is on it or when it will get the latest one, if ever.

Nobody I have ever met can remember anything except "I like Apple...Give me Apple."

Case closed.
post #111 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I don't want to live in a world that only has Apple products.

Within a decade, you may not want to live.
post #112 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Hows the app quality doing on Android? Where are the best-of-breed experiences like GarageBand, Procreate, Pages, Numbers, and Infinity Blade? Whats the proportion of shovelware and malware on that list? I suspect Google let more of that through than Apple does. And how many are optimized to be truly great at tablet sizes?

Well besides Apple branded apps most popular applications for iOS are available for Android. There are plenty if really nice alternatives to Pages. The music creation apps yes a few areas are still lacking but they are getting better, in fact that is the only reason why I still have a iPad. Listen I need things like a file manager that can access the entire drive of the device, a fully functional terminal with, Pearl, PHP, Python, Bash, CSH, PHP. I dual boot my Asus Slider to Ubuntu 11.10 and Android 4.0. I Hate to sound like a troll but Android 4.03 is a much better tablet OS then iOS in almost every way. I have both a iPad 64 3g and Asus Slider sitting here right now.

Oh and this malware thing, blown out of poportition if you install any app from a unknown name publisher for any gizmo maker you will find yourself in trouble. I have never, ever ran into any problems with such threats. Besides, Google is now currently actively searching for such things in their market so malware/shovelware is mostly a thing of the past.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #113 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Within a decade, you may not want to live.

Oh my gosh can you imagine, hey honey can you pick me up a box of Apple Tampons on your home, thanks.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #114 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Hows the app quality doing on Android? Where are the best-of-breed experiences like GarageBand, Procreate, Pages, Numbers, and Infinity Blade? Whats the proportion of shovelware and malware on that list? I suspect Google let more of that through than Apple does. And how many are optimized to be truly great at tablet sizes?

Another thing to consider is accessories.

Docks, alarm clocks, boomboxes, all those musical interfaces that plug into the Apple Dock Connector, etc.

There are tons of those things available for the iPhone.
post #115 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Hows the app quality doing on Android? Where are the best-of-breed experiences like GarageBand, Procreate, Pages, Numbers, and Infinity Blade? Whats the proportion of shovelware and malware on that list? I suspect Google let more of that through than Apple does. And how many are optimized to be truly great at tablet sizes?

While they are at it, why doesn't Apple update Pages or Numbers for the Mac?
post #116 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure you don't. And I don't hate Google and Adobe.

Hate is unhealthy. You will live a lot longer without it, especially true when you hate something that you use on a daily basis. Don't lie we know you use Adobe and Google products and services all the time. Denial is almost as bad for your health as hate.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #117 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

Another thing to consider is accessories.

Docks, alarm clocks, boomboxes, all those musical interfaces that plug into the Apple Dock Connector, etc.

There are tons of those things available for the iPhone.

this is where google is really screwing up. they must make motorola a 'google' branded company and put out a 'android standard' phone. if they do away with the vast selection of moto crap, focus on 2 smartphones and a couple of tablets they really could take off.
let the others 'htc', samsung, etc go with windows or stay with android, but if google wants to make any big progress and really take on the iphone....
post #118 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

So I just skimmed all of your posts on this forum, and not a single one of them had anything positive to say about Apple. They are 100 % negative. So, conclusion is that you're a fucking blatant troll, and I'm not interested in your response, since they will all be 100% predictable. Why does someone who hates a company so much and has absolutely nothing good to say about them or their products post constantly on the a fansite forum? Why don't you visit and post in forums based on companies you actually like? I'd challenge anyone here to view your post history and argue otherwise. Oh and nice troll name. How pathetic.

Fuck I love Slurpy's style. Does this shit comes as an ice-cream flavor because it would sell a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitycheck69 View Post

I happen to own Apple stock, btw.

Utter bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitycheck69 View Post

I don't hate Apple. Nothing more to it.

I find this bit extremely interesting.

When asked that question, every troll replies in an extremely similar manner - a single, short sentence with absolutely no elaboration. Kind of like a child when they tell a lie.

I severely regret not having studied more psychology at school. It could probably throw more light on what is happening here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

my husband was actually successful once in sucking his own you know

You do realize that you just told everybody that you're a woman who's husband feels the need to pleasure himself, don't you? That's way more information than many of us probably wanted to hear, and a smidge off topic.

Having a few drinks while at your Spanish hotel?

Could we steer clear of your sex life and tampons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

While they are at it, why doesn't Apple update Pages or Numbers for the Mac?

Watch this space soon.
If you're going to be original, then you can count on being copied.
Reply
If you're going to be original, then you can count on being copied.
Reply
post #119 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Hate is unhealthy. You will live a lot longer without it, especially true when you hate something that you use on a daily basis. Don't lie we know you use Adobe and Google products and services all the time. Denial is almost as bad for your health as hate.

Where have I ever said I haven't used them? Who says I can't hate them if I use their stuff? I hate gas, but I put it in my van all the same.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #120 of 161
According to Andy Rubin, there are 800 Android devices. From that 800, may be only less than 20 that is comparable with iPhone 4. But people just compare the activation number which is not right comparison.
Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
Reply
Fun and relaxing way to prepare Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) test with Juku Apps
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google: Android has 450K apps, 850K devices activated daily