or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple to hold March 7 iPad event in San Francisco
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple to hold March 7 iPad event in San Francisco - Page 3

post #81 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thIndian View Post

The only thing I really want is for Apple to resurrect the live stream of these events. They did it for the "Back To the Mac" and "iPad2" events, then stopped (though live streaming the WWDC keynote, since it wasn't tied to any hardware announcements was probably wise...).

Sifting through the liveblogs is it's own kind of fun, but a live stream would be even better.

I have a feeling this is going to be a good one.

The problem with live streams is that journalists and other kind of invitees don't go to the events, and Apple, as any other company, wants to see their room full after all the effort of creating such an event like this. So, sorry, I would like to see a live streaming too, but knowing the pain it is make this kind of shows I understand them.
lvidal.-
Reply
lvidal.-
Reply
post #82 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

Okay, don't flame me for this and yes, I do have better things to be doing, however...

The desktop image in the invitation only takes on that particular appearance when the screen is in portrait mode. Therefore, with that spacing, the button should be right below the Maps icon and quite visible. Still, I'd say that the image has just been manipulated to remove distraction. (Either that or the button is gone )

Date manually changed to Tuesday, March 7th, flipped 180°, photos taken, image chosen, and camera sensor distraction edited out.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #83 of 227
I hear that Safari is snappier on the new model.
post #84 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

The problem with live streams is that journalists and other kind of invitees don't go to the events, and Apple, as any other company, wants to see their room full after all the effort of creating such an event like this. So, sorry, I would like to see a live streaming too, but knowing the pain it is make this kind of shows I understand them.

You honestly think there's any chance the room WON'T be full to capacity? This is an Apple keynote we're talking about. Live-streaming will not change that. Every invited journalist will go.
post #85 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm betting on a 1080p AppleTV and 1080p iTS content also being announced. Seems ideal for all three this time.



You'll definitely go blind that way.

I am already losing my eyesight -- attributing it to old age... er, ah, um... 22 :
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #86 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMach View Post

I hear that Safari is snappier on the new model.

...more memory == bigger memory leaks
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #87 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I am already losing my eyesight -- attributing it to old age... er, ah, um... 22 :

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #88 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Date manually changed to Tuesday, March 7th, flipped 180°, photos taken, image chosen, and camera sensor distraction edited out.

Yes - of course, the screen could have been upside down!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #89 of 227
Gimme!
post #90 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Parental controls are built right in for those reasons.

I'm guessing by the way you asked this question however, that you are some kind of extreme wacko that wants to do something that no one in the world besides yourself ever thought of or wanted to do before and that therefore this answer probably won't satisfy you.

looking for something beyond parental controls. are there any?
post #91 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Would this be the first time they've ever shown the product in the teaser invite before the unveiling?

Could be. Thee was much talk when they actually showed a little bit of a lion behind the writing on the card for the lion revelation. I guess that doesn't really count. Perhaps this is an acknowledgement of sorts, that it is what we all have known it is for ages now.

Still exciting!
post #92 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

The problem with live streams is that journalists and other kind of invitees don't go to the events, and Apple, as any other company, wants to see their room full after all the effort of creating such an event like this. So, sorry, I would like to see a live streaming too, but knowing the pain it is make this kind of shows I understand them.

Except that attendees get hands-on time with the devices after the presentation, which those who choose to cover the event from a live stream clearly would not.

Also, iPad2 event was live streamed.
post #93 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

You honestly think there's any chance the room WON'T be full to capacity? This is an Apple keynote we're talking about. Live-streaming will not change that. Every invited journalist will go.

Of course they'll go now, but, if Apple makes always live streaming of their events, you can be sure the attendance will be cut in half.
lvidal.-
Reply
lvidal.-
Reply
post #94 of 227
I don't think you should read too much into the clarity of the photo. There is too much blur from the Calendar icon to the Maps icon. There isn't similar blur on the hand at equal or greater distance.

On the other hand... Maps icon maybe foreshadows the dumping of Google and introducing Apple's in-house mapping software? Keynote foreshadows new iWorks release?
post #95 of 227
I think it's pretty obvious that the iPad in the picture is turned on it's side so you can't see the picture and they either edited out the other apps or they simply went to a screen with no apps on the bottom so you'll focus on the 7. That's the point anyway, to say March 7th. This picture could easily be enhanced also. The retina display is not a certainty until Apple says it is in their presentation.
post #96 of 227
Time to start making image@4x.png files for all of my apps.

Now where did I leave those Photoshop files?
post #97 of 227
Cool. So on March 8 we can start on the iPad 4 rumors.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #98 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Would this be the first time they've ever shown the product in the teaser invite before the unveiling?

No. See: Last time.

post #99 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thIndian View Post

Except that attendees get hands-on time with the devices after the presentation, which those who choose to cover the event from a live stream clearly would not.

Also, iPad2 event was live streamed.

That's a big plus, but I'm pretty sure it must be something with making people go to the event.
lvidal.-
Reply
lvidal.-
Reply
post #100 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

I think it's pretty obvious that the iPad in the picture is turned on it's side so you can't see the picture and they either edited out the other apps or they simply went to a screen with no apps on the bottom so you'll focus on the 7. That's the point anyway, to say March 7th. This picture could easily be enhanced also. The retina display is not a certainty until Apple says it is in their presentation.

The iPad isn't on its side but might be upside down.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #101 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMach View Post

Sure. Last time.


Apple invitations are truly art. Remember in that event they released the smart cover, and that invitation resembles that behavior when you uncover the iPad. They're genius :P
lvidal.-
Reply
lvidal.-
Reply
post #102 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Cool. So on March 8 we can start on the iPad 4 rumors.

No, we can start with new Macs rumors
lvidal.-
Reply
lvidal.-
Reply
post #103 of 227
Is it too early to hope the new SoC will be A15 based? Or architecturally similar to one at least? A quad A9 would be less exciting than a dual A15-ish design, as we've seen why.

Also what about the GPU, it has 4x the resolution to push, a 543MP4 would "only" have double the power. Too early for the SGX 600 series with 20x the raw power? If its the former it would be like the 3GS-4 where the latter has so much higher resolution it takes a hit in 3D apps.

RAM is the one thing I would not like to compromise on though, the rest of it they can get around but we can already see the effects of low RAM in Safari redrawing tabs, switching to and from large apps, etc. 512 in the 2 was sucky but acceptable, but 512 for another year is just pushing it too far.
post #104 of 227
So the funny part is that Apple released this announcement just as Eric Schmidt took the stage at the Google Keynote in MWC. Imagine all the people looking at their phones regarding the iPad 3 announcement instead ofpaying attention to the keynote.

That can't be a coincidence.

Oh, Apple, you have an evil sense of humor sometimes.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #105 of 227
If I were to say something like that, it would come out kinda creepy, and I'd probably be arrested. Apple somehow gets away with it.
post #106 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGuessSo View Post

I don't think you should read too much into the clarity of the photo. There is too much blur from the Calendar icon to the Maps icon. There isn't similar blur on the hand at equal or greater distance.

The blurring speaks to the one thing we are all wondering: Will it blend?

What? me? I just swore in church?
post #107 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobringer View Post

That's how I'm trading it... Yesterday morning I bought weekly calls on the assumption that invites would be in the next day or two. Plan on holding them through to Friday... take a LITTLE and buy way out of the money weekly's for next week ($560 maybe?) on the off chance that something groundbreaking moves the stock. But will be mostly in cash at that point waiting for the pullback which you speak of.

I'm not going to try and project where things are going. I expected some consolidation after it hit $450, so I sold $470 and $485 puts. I keep having to sell more puts in the hopes that some actually end up in the money so I get assigned some shares!!

Aaah, the problems of an AAPL shareholder!

I don't think AAPL can mechanically go over $580 in the short term though. Weekly options are scary by the way...
post #108 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egocentric View Post

If I were to say something like that, it would come out kinda creepy, and I'd probably be arrested. Apple somehow gets away with it.

Yech!!! You just tainted the whole experience
post #109 of 227
There are so many damn clueless people on the internet.

Some people are talking about no home button?

Of course there's a fucking home button!

People need to ability to shut off multi-gestures when they use certain apps, otherwise the built in OS gestures will conflict with the multi gestures in the app. And when using those apps, you do need a home button.
post #110 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

I've got my 800 bucks ready.

Ditto. Been waiting on getting this net version as my first iPad. Bring it.
post #111 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

So the funny part is that Apple released this announcement just as Eric Schmidt took the stage at the Google Keynote in MWC. Imagine all the people looking at their phones regarding the iPad 3 announcement instead ofpaying attention to the keynote.

That can't be a coincidence.

Oh, Apple, you have an evil sense of humor sometimes.

"Do no humor"
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #112 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Time to start making image@4x.png files for all of my apps.

Now where did I leave those Photoshop files?

Not to be pedantic... but do you really make your icons in Photoshop rather than Illustrator? I would think vector art would be easier to maintain (at a number of levels).
post #113 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMach View Post

No. See: Last time.


That's actually the iPad 1 in the picture. The buttons and rotation switch aren't visible when you look at the iPad 2 head on like that. So Apple actually didn't reveal anything with that invite.
post #114 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Yech!!! You just tainted the whole experience

That's my point. I mean it's right there on the little picture, but nobody even seems the least bit concerned.
post #115 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

looking for something beyond parental controls. are there any?

Let's put it this way:

There are more controls and a finer level of control on iOS and OS-X for this kind of thing than on any other consumer software platform. So if that doesn't work for you then you are an "edge case" for certain.

Try Linux. It's not a consumer OS but it will give you more control. It seems like it might be the right choice for you.
post #116 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

off topic. Has anyone found a good program to lock apps or basic functions?

They've had it for years: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1465

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #117 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat4change View Post

Just looked at my iPad, spacing is too tight between the icons to be landscape mode

Way to wide to be portrait. In portrait mode they are about 1/2 the width of the icons...much , much closer to landscape mode. I think people are reading way to much into this.
post #118 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Hegre or Met-Art would be a good fit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

There's a man who knows his art

LOL iPervs!

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Reply

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Reply
post #119 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoo View Post

Is it too early to hope the new SoC will be A15 based? Or architecturally similar to one at least? A quad A9 would be less exciting than a dual A15-ish design, as we've seen why.

Also what about the GPU, it has 4x the resolution to push, a 543MP4 would "only" have double the power. Too early for the SGX 600 series with 20x the raw power? If its the former it would be like the 3GS-4 where the latter has so much higher resolution it takes a hit in 3D apps.

RAM is the one thing I would not like to compromise on though, the rest of it they can get around but we can already see the effects of low RAM in Safari redrawing tabs, switching to and from large apps, etc. 512 in the 2 was sucky but acceptable, but 512 for another year is just pushing it too far.

Most likely dual cortex a9 at 1.5 with 543mp4. Maybe 1gb of ram. This would make it slightly faster than the ipad2 but with 4x the pixel
post #120 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

They've had it for years: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1465

more like for multiple users not to adhere to corp policy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple to hold March 7 iPad event in San Francisco