or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Update Now or Wait For Mountain Lion ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Update Now or Wait For Mountain Lion ?

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
Looking for some advice.
Been dealing with illness & now future on/as disabled person.
Used to be on top of EVERYTHING MAC, literally since 1984 . . . in other words I would have know the answer to this question myself . . . life changes things before you know it.
Anyhow , I have a 17" MBP ,2.8 I7 about a year old , maxed out & with a 512k flash drive, etc and an imac, also about a year old ( both bought last Feb); 27" maxed out memory, 128 flash drive/2t ata, quad cores , etc.
Both are running Snow Leopard.
I'm going back into my online Billing Business , but in a much smaller way .. . from home.
For a while, cost is/has going to mean more then it ever has before to me. . .
So, my question is ; Should I update ( 1 or both) to Lion NOW or wait for Mountain Lion?
Except for not being able to update to i-cloud, I don't seem to suffering at all using Snow Leopard.
Any one have any advice ? The Lion update for both looks like at least $60. ( no family pack, etc). Don't know if the thumb drive allows more then one install on two family computers)
Snow Lion is due out this Summer, Should I wait and just jump directly to Mountain Lion ?
Will I be able to ? I notice you need Snow Leopard installed in order to update to Lion ?

I really appreciate any advice . . . the change from healthy and successful to sick and disabled in less then a year is something I wish on no one .

Thank You in advance for any ideas at all !
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo28 View Post

Looking for some advice.
Been dealing with illness & now future on/as disabled person.
Used to be on top of EVERYTHING MAC, literally since 1984 . . . in other words I would have know the answer to this question myself . . . life changes things before you know it.
Anyhow , I have a 17" MBP ,2.8 I7 about a year old , maxed out & with a 512k flash drive, etc and an imac, also about a year old ( both bought last Feb); 27" maxed out memory, 128 flash drive/2t ata, quad cores , etc.
Both are running Snow Leopard.
I'm going back into my online Billing Business , but in a much smaller way .. . from home.
For a while, cost is/has going to mean more then it ever has before to me. . .
So, my question is ; Should I update ( 1 or both) to Lion NOW or wait for Mountain Lion?
Except for not being able to update to i-cloud, I don't seem to suffering at all using Snow Leopard.
Any one have any advice ? The Lion update for both looks like at least $60. ( no family pack, etc). Don't know if the thumb drive allows more then one install on two family computers)
Snow Lion is due out this Summer, Should I wait and just jump directly to Mountain Lion ?
Will I be able to ? I notice you need Snow Leopard installed in order to update to Lion ?

I really appreciate any advice . . . the change from healthy and successful to sick and disabled in less then a year is something I wish on no one .

Thank You in advance for any ideas at all !

Now. Since Lion is only $29 you may as well enjoy the benefits right now and get prepared for ML.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
Reply
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo28 View Post

Snow Lion is due out this Summer, Should I wait and just jump directly to Mountain Lion ?

Well if you're waiting for "Snow Lion", why would you bother with

Absolutely get Lion.

Quote:
Will I be able to ? I notice you need Snow Leopard installed in order to update to Lion ?

Nope, you just need it to download Lion.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well if you're waiting for "Snow Lion", why would you bother with

Absolutely get Lion.



Nope, you just need it to download Lion.

Mountain Lion is no big deal I see and what i read about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Update Now or Wait For Mountain Lion ?