or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

post #1 of 67
Wow...43? Natural causes? Don't even know what to say. So sorry for his family.

Breitbart Dies at 43.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Breitbart Dies at 43.

That is horribly young in my opinion. Prayers for his family and friends.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3 of 67
How tragically young. Just awfull. I wish his family well at this difficult time.

Here are the first comments I came across at the Huffington Post. I'm sure you'll all agree that they are all a dignified and respectable response (except maybe 1, but there a conspiracy theorist in every pack)-

"Recency *|* PopularityPage:*1*2*3*4*5 *Next*› *Last*» *(63 total)

beeshor1
8 Fans
2 minutes ago ( 1:14 PM)
I, like many of my liberal friends and fellow commenters, never agreed with Mr. Breitbart. That said, I hope for strength and peace for his family and loved ones during this trying time. I think we can all agree that he died much too young.
Permalink\t *|\t Share it

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
politicky
just follow the $$$
979 Fans
13 minutes ago ( 1:03 PM)
My condolences to friends, family and followers. May he rest in PEACE.

SpookyValentine
Conservatism offers nothing to the world.
115 Fans
13 minutes ago ( 1:02 PM)
I had never even heard of him but 43 seems far too young to leave this world.

God speed, Mr. Breitbart.
KellyNCarolina
0 Fans
There comes a time when anger and differences MUST be set aside and compassion must take it's place. Andrew fought for everyones right to free speech, right, left and in the middle. He may have approached things differently than you or I would have but he was more than passionate in his beliefs.
RIP Andrew and God be with your wife and four young children as they approach such a difficult time in their lives...

Fuel68
Change is inevitable, 'cept from a vending machine
333 Fans
Peace & condolences to the family---RIP.
theeplayer
25 Fans
14 minutes ago ( 1:02 PM)
I feel sorry for his family, children growing up without a father and a wife without her husband, its a very sad day for the family.

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
Demarcus Jackson
Community College Psych Prof in Tennessee
1815 Fans
14 minutes ago ( 1:01 PM)
Life is short. Make it matter.

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
David McDevitt
20 Fans
14 minutes ago ( 1:01 PM)
I didn't know the man.

HUFFPOST COMMUNITY MODERATOR
katocat
Dept. of Mousing & Purrin' Development
225 Fans
19 minutes ago (12:57 PM)
43 is too young.

RIP

HUFFPOST SUPER USER
saltpeter
PACs are now for paying for vacations & book tours
1355 Fans
19 minutes ago (12:57 PM)
The life of a tireless blogger is much more difficult and frantic than most people know. And Andrew Breitbart's dedication to that craft was more than even the most tireless and frantic of all bloggers. Sympathies to his family and his loved ones."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1312944.html
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #4 of 67
Those are niceties that Andrew Breitbart himself did not afford to others.

Quote:
In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick"[16] and "a special pile of human excrement."

I feel terrible for his family. No one should have to lose a parent that young.

By the way, how long does one have to wait to discuss anything negative about someone who just died? Is there some agreed upon polite waiting period?

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #5 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

By the way, how long does one have to wait to discuss anything negative about someone who just died? Is there some agreed upon polite waiting period?

Wow, those comments give a few clues why he died so young of natural causes. Perhaps he sought the limelight no matter what the personal cost to his dignity?

post #6 of 67
Quote:

So you're on board with slamming him right now. Got it.
post #7 of 67
Quote:

So you're on board with slamming him right now. Got it.

I'm not sure I would equate reporting accurately with slamming. Who better to provide an opinion of how to discuss the recently deceased than the recently deceased himself?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #8 of 67
Quote:

I'm not sure I would equate reporting accurately with slamming. Who better to provide an opinion of how to discuss the recently deceased than the recently deceased himself?

How would you personally describe Andrew Breitbart?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #9 of 67
I was not a fan. Out of respect for SDW and his obvious sensitivities, I'll hold back until he explains the time period one must wait to be honest.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #10 of 67
Quote:

I was not a fan. Out of respect for SDW and his obvious sensitivities, I'll hold back until he explains the time period one must wait to be honest.

I find it funny that you're slamming a guy who just died for slamming other people that had just died.
post #11 of 67
Quote:

I find it funny that you're slamming a guy who just died for slamming other people that had just died.

I merely quoted the man. You are doing all the interpreting that fits your narrative. You didn't answer the question.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #12 of 67
I doubt Breitbart would want or expect anyone to hold back.

But in fairness to the Kennedy thing, Breitbart was an opinionated activist to be sure, but he never drove a car into a lake and left his female passenger there to die. And then just moved on. Kennedy's kind of a special target.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #13 of 67
Why show restraint in this case, BR? I thought everything was fair game for you.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #14 of 67
The real question to ask is "Who benefits the most from his death?" Based on his statements on information about people in powerful places the answer startes with and O ends with an a. The investigation should start now.

post #15 of 67
Condolences to Breitbart's family and friends. RIP
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #16 of 67
No one deserves to die so young. No one deserves to lose a husband or a father so early.
post #17 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Why show restraint in this case, BR? I thought everything was fair game for you.

1. It confuses you and SDW--gotta keep you two on your toes.
2. I'm genuinely interested to know what you folks think an appropriate period of time is to wait before being blunt--or should there exist a waiting period at all?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #18 of 67
Quote:

Breitbart Dies at 43.

Died of a sudden heart attack while walking with one of his sons. Real tragedy indeed. I feel for his wife and family. Outspoken conservative indeed.
post #19 of 67
Quote:

1. It confuses you and SDW--gotta keep you two on your toes.
2. I'm genuinely interested to know what you folks think an appropriate period of time is to wait before being blunt--or should there exist a waiting period at all?

I'm not confused, just curious why you're showing restraint in attacking a public figure when you've shown none in attacking me and others. Is it because he died? Why? You haven't cared if you've offended anyone in other situations. Just say what you want to say about him. Let it all out, man.

I may not have agreed with his neo-conservative views, but my heart genuinely goes out to his family and loved ones.

post #20 of 67
Quote:

I merely quoted the man. You are doing all the interpreting that fits your narrative. You didn't answer the question.

You mean "how long do we wait?" No idea. Not up to me. I can say that we might want to wait until he's, you know, buried.

In other news, here are some liberal's tweets on his death. Since you haven't yet preemptively denounced them, we'll assume your tacit approval.

Liberal twatters react to death

Quote:
AlmightyBob ‏ @AlmightyBoob : @AndrewBreitbart haha youre dead and in hell being a gay with hitler

Jeff Glasse ‏ @jeffglasse : Andrew Breitbart now enjoying afternoon tea with Hitler #goodriddanceyouhack

@darrenfiorello: Andrew Breitbart died? Is it wrong that I'm happier about that than when they got bin Laden and Saddam?

Kellie Allen @thirtyseven : Breitbart helped destroy the career of someone I know. Good riddance, scumraker.

Scott On Da Rox @ridinchillwaves : RT GOOD RIDDANCE..fascist prick @Gawker: Andrew Breitbart Dead? gawker.com/5889586/

Josh M ‏ @TheSocialest : Good riddance Breitbart. Hopefully they put James O'Keefe in your casket.

John Kapp ‏ @johnkapp : Andrew Breitbart was a racist, sexist, homophobe. Good riddance.

Gabriel ‏ @gabriel0923 : Andrew #Breitbart has died having been finally consumed by his revolting hatred! The world is better off without him!

Dufus ‏ @dufus : Did we cry when Hitler died? No.. #Breitbart see you in hell asshole

Natasha Yar-Routh ‏ @xiomberg : Andrew Breitbart is dead, good riddance to bad trash. He was a vile excuse for a human being

Dave Lartigue ‏ @daveexmachina : Andrew Breitbart has died. Honestly, good riddance. He helped poison the country where I live and we are better off without him.

Lalo Alcaraz ‏ @laloalcaraz RT @Mfusion66: RIP Breitbart? Nah, too good to be true

vtred ‏ @vtred1 : Good riddance to Andrew Breitbart - a McCarthyite nutcase.

Sean Paul Kelley ‏ @seanpaulkelley Andrew Breitbart has died: bigjournalism.com/lsolov/2012/03 If so, good riddance.

CpG ‏ @Crow1138 : I know it's wrong, but good riddance @cnnbrk: Conservative blogger Andrew #Breitbart has died, attorney says. on.cnn.com/wkDt4g

TahitiNut ‏ @TahitiNut : Forgive me, God, for I have sinned. I err on the side of being pleased with a death ... of Andrew Breitbart. Good riddance.

michael mayer ‏ @prisonforbush: Breitbart dead? D Good riddance. More republicans should follow his lead.

DAC ‏ @dac2527 : Satan calls Andrew Breitbart home... Good riddance!

Kate Witko ‏ @katewitko : Andrew Breitbart is dead at 43 from "natural causes". hrm yes I suppose wine is pretty natural. good riddance, asshole.

WeirdArchives ‏ @WeirdArchives : Looks like it's official. Andrew Breitbart is dead. Personally I don't like the guy, so good riddance to bad rubbish.

Scott On Da Rox ‏ @ridinchillwaves : RT GOOD RIDDANCE..fascist prick @Gawker: Andrew Breitbart Dead? gawker.com/5889586/

Mike Hightower ‏ @MikeHightower1 Good riddance andrew breitbart.

Nick Huinker ‏ @towndrinker good riddance to bad rubbish. no reason to mourn someone who made it their business to make this world a less pleasant place. #breitbart

Michael David ‏ @renmiked Good riddance Andrew #Breitbart.

@Sttbs73 It is very hard to have sympathy for an evil person like Andrew Breitbart! I am done being NICE.

@CleverTrousers: Andrew Breitbart died! Today looks like it's going to be a GREAT day. #deadgasbags

@crmlqt: Andrew Breitbart is dead....one less racist!!!!!

@jawillie: The saddest thing about Andrew Breitbart's death is that he died such a douchebag.

Inglorious Basterdz ‏ @TheLibertyLamp : Andrew Breitbart destroyed lives based on LIES, I will not be some phony liberal and pretend condolences. ROT IN HELL ANDREW U BASTARD!
post #21 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Died of a sudden heart attack while walking with one of his sons. Real tragedy indeed. I feel for his wife and family. Outspoken conservative indeed.

I mean what I'm about to post..no sarcasm intended: This is the most coherent, poignant thing you've ever posted. Well done.
post #22 of 67
One thing about Breitbart's legacy is that the left hated him for using the techniques they created. All he did was turn the tables on them.
post #23 of 67
Quote:

You mean "how long do we wait?" No idea. Not up to me. I can say that we might want to wait until he's, you know, buried.

In other news, here are some liberal's tweets on his death. Since you haven't yet preemptively denounced them, we'll assume your tacit approval.

Well let's not forget that BR didn't just want restraint in with regard to Twitter. He demanded leaders of various groups repudiate the remarks and condemn them or else they were endorsing and thus were agents of hate as well.

Get to condemning and repudiating BR, and make sure Obama, Biden, Pelosi and Reid chime in as well unless the whole left apparatus wants to be painted with that broad broken logic brush.

post #24 of 67
Quote:

Let's have you answer my question first and then I'll respond to these tweets. Why does "until he's buried" matter? Why that time frame? Why any time frame? You tell me, then I'll happily respond to you.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #25 of 67
Quote:

Let's have you answer my question first and then I'll respond to these tweets. Why does "until he's buried" matter? Why that time frame? Why any time frame? You tell me, then I'll happily respond to you.

And I've already told you I don't know what the proper amount of time is. As for time frames themselves, that's really up to each person. My suspicion is most people feel the decent thing to do is not speak ill of recently departed. Getting into why people believe that is another discussion. You're getting into matters of etiquette...not exactly something you seem too concerned about.
post #26 of 67
Quote:

And I've already told you I don't know what the proper amount of time is. As for time frames themselves, that's really up to each person. My suspicion is most people feel the decent thing to do is not speak ill of recently departed. Getting into why people believe that is another discussion. You're getting into matters of etiquette...not exactly something you seem too concerned about.

For BR the timeframe logically should be that he will NEVER speak ill of the recently departed.

If he follows his own moral code, then this makes complete sense.

First, speaking ill of the dead accomplishes no purpose. Per his beliefs they are now worm food. Calling wormfood an asshole or a racist or anything else accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Second, the people who would be hurt by it, his wife and kids are still alive and harming them for actions they never directly participated in, and that accomplish nothing related to anyone or anything alive is just a means of adding more hate and suffering into the world which drives it farther away from the goal that BR claims to have for the world.

The point of being mean to someone is related to assigning blame. Blaming a dead person accomplishes nothing. The point should be to fix the future and with that you change the process. If you fixate on dead people, you can't do this.

The point of speaking ill of the dead makes some sense if you are religious. People can be good and evil. You can believe they have gone to good and bad places in the afterlife. You believe you can fight against evil and for good and thus it is fine to label past, present and even future actions as such. When you say Hitler was pure evil, you are trying to prevent future evil. There can be a motive.

So in BR's case, I'd say he can never speak ill of the dead. It undermines his own beliefs and his own desired outcomes.

post #27 of 67
Quote:

I'm asking the fucking question. Clearly I'm concerned. Why is it bad to speak ill of the recently deceased?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #28 of 67
Did the liberal elites wipe out Breibart??!!

"Shocking footage obtained by Andrew Breitbart weeks before his death that threatens to derail Barack Obamas 2012 re-election campaign will be released within two weeks, according to Steve Bannon, a member of Breitbarts media empire.

Speaking to Sean Hannity, filmmaker Bannon said the footage will be revealed in a week or two, and that Breitbart had been very systematic about going through this thing, before his untimely death in the early hours of Thursday morning.

As we reported earlier, the footage shows Obama from his Harvard days fraternizing with Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, leading members of the Weather Underground terrorist group which carried out a wave of bombings against government targets in the 70′s.
According to former FBI agent Larry Grathwohl, who was tasked with infiltrating the group, the Weathermen also planned to institute a Communist dictatorship within the United States and incarcerate millions of Americans in re-education camps, while killing those who refused to comply.

post #29 of 67

"Shocking footage obtained by Andrew Breitbart weeks before his death that threatens to derail Barack Obamas 2012 re-election campaign will be released within two weeks, according to Steve Bannon, a member of Breitbarts media empire.

Speaking to Sean Hannity, filmmaker Bannon said the footage will be revealed in a week or two, and that Breitbart had been very systematic about going through this thing, before his untimely death in the early hours of Thursday morning.

As we reported earlier, the footage shows Obama from his Harvard days fraternizing with Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, leading members of the Weather Underground terrorist group which carried out a wave of bombings against government targets in the 70′s.
According to former FBI agent Larry Grathwohl, who was tasked with infiltrating the group, the Weathermen also planned to institute a Communist dictatorship within the United States and incarcerate millions of Americans in re-education camps, while killing those who refused to comply.

Breitbart himself referred to the Obama footage during a CPAC speech last month when he stated, Ive got videos this election were going to vet him, adding that the video shows Obama meeting a bunch of silver pony tails, including Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, adding that the footage would change this election."
~ http://www.infowars.com/breitbarts-o...hin-two-weeks/

post #30 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Breitbart himself referred to the Obama footage during a CPAC speech last month when he stated, Ive got videos this election were going to vet him, adding that the video shows Obama meeting a bunch of silver pony tails, including Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, adding that the footage would change this election."
~ http://www.infowars.com/breitbarts-o...hin-two-weeks/

More guilt by loose association? If only meeting someone 'undesirable' were condemnation enough!
post #31 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

More guilt by loose association? If only meeting someone 'undesirable' were condemnation enough!

Is this just coincidence?-

"In a stunning coincidence, It appears Andrew Breitbart suffered his untimely death just hours before he was set to release damning video footage that could have sunk Barack Obamas 2012 re-election campaign.

Around three weeks ago on February 9 during the Blog Bash event in Washington DC, Breitbart made a prophetic comment that takes on a somewhat chilling nature given the fact that he died in the early hours of March 1st.

Speaking to Lawrence Sinclair of Sinclair News, Breitbart stated, Wait til they see what happens March 1st."
~ http://www.prisonplanet.com/breitbar...march-1st.html

post #32 of 67
Everyone not bedazzled by Obama knew he was lying about Ayers and Wright and all that. MSM spent more time investigating Palin than they did in Hyde Part.
post #33 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Is this just coincidence?-

"In a stunning coincidence, It appears Andrew Breitbart suffered his untimely death just hours before he was set to release damning video footage that could have sunk Barack Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign.

Around three weeks ago on February 9 during the ‘Blog Bash’ event in Washington DC, Breitbart made a prophetic comment that takes on a somewhat chilling nature given the fact that he died in the early hours of March 1st.

Speaking to Lawrence Sinclair of Sinclair News, Breitbart stated, “Wait til they see what happens March 1st.”"
~ http://www.prisonplanet.com/breitbar...march-1st.html

From the article:

Quote:
Observers had speculated that the footage could have derailed Obama’s hopes for a second term.

And fixed:

Observers had speculated that there are enough voters who are complete morons and believe in "guilt by meeting" that the footage could have derailed Obama’s hopes for a second term.

Conveniently for the Republicans, those same morons seem to overlook the myriad meetings between neocons and Saddam, neocons and Bin Laden, neocons and Enron, Halliburton, Diebold, Rush Limbaugh (if anyone knows about prostitutes and porn it's bound to be him).
post #34 of 67
And it's not like just because of Breitbart's death, the footage is suddenly not going to be released. How dumb can you get?
post #35 of 67
It was odd timing, especially given he was so young. I guess we'll find out if there was anything truly damaging when the tapes are released.

post #36 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I doubt Breitbart would want or expect anyone to hold back.

But in fairness to the Kennedy thing, Breitbart was an opinionated activist to be sure, but he never drove a car into a lake and left his female passenger there to die. And then just moved on. Kennedy's kind of a special target.

Why the hell do you people always bring the negative aspects of a person not the good attributes that Kennedy has done for the people when he was a senator in his home state.I am sick of all you lousy republicans with your bitching and moaning all the time .
post #37 of 67
Quote:

And it's not like just because of Breitbart's death, the footage is suddenly not going to be released. How dumb can you get?

instead of AB.This Limbaugh is an insult to his field!The tapes will be shown eventually.He joked about AB yesterday on radio.
post #38 of 67
Quote:

From the article:

Observers had speculated that there are enough voters who are complete morons and believe in "guilt by meeting" that the footage could have derailed Obama’s hopes for a second term.

Conveniently for the Republicans, those same morons seem to overlook the myriad meetings between neocons and Saddam, neocons and Bin Laden, neocons and Enron, Halliburton, Diebold, Rush Limbaugh (if anyone knows about prostitutes and porn it's bound to be him).

When your premise keeps yielding results that are contrary to the world, you've got the check your premise, not be pissed at the world.

The speculation is clearly wrong. You might have a photo of Rumsfield from one of a handful of meetings. It is very clear Obama and Ayers and Wright were associated for DECADES.

Can I snap a picture of you when some cute girl plops down on your lap during a party and use it to smear you? Sure, can you claim that you don't know who the woman is if it is your wife to whom you've been married for two decades, not so much.

The point is it isn't just a chance meeting or guilt by association. Breitbart said he would show how what is in these videos became the decisions and even campaign mantras we see today. It's a very bold claim if he backs it up but the point is if proven, it isn't a grainy photo and insinuations that morons simply buy.

post #39 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It is very clear Obama and Ayers and Wright were associated for DECADES.

Really? Is that clear?

LIAR.

Even if they met once, then met once ten years later, that doesn't mean they were colluding. You're just hoping they were.
post #40 of 67
Wait, Reverend Wright again? Isn't Obama an Atheist Muslim Atheist Muslim?

-Sagan

-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43