or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple highlights creation of 514,000 jobs in America

Apple highlights creation of 514,000 jobs in America - Page 5

post #161 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Speaking of Viet Nam, and add Laos and Cambodia, the US has a lot of carpet bombing and biocide with Agent Orange to live down.

The point should be that calling the nation you want to work with a butcher is no way to open understanding and improvement of civilized relations.

I said the number one American pathology right now is the refusal to evolve. You make me realize that the refusal is based on an inability to recognize progress. You would rather froth away in what you probably think of as "realism" than see working with the Chinese as mutually beneficial for both nations to rise above their sorry past and present "butchery."

Apple would get nowhere with your attitude. China is helping the US and Apple is helping China. Beginning of a long story.

If you think Apple or any other western multinational is dictating sweeping terms to the CPC on human rights etc., well son, you've hopped the Happy Plane to LaLa Land. This could easily be put to the test. Apple releases a Free Tibet iPod and within hours are banned from China. In China-western relations business is business and politics is politics and ne'er the twain shall meet.

Hmmmm, let's see...."Apple getting somewhere" VS. the Hanification (read" BUTCHERING) of TIBET, lack of basic human rights, total Party control over the media and freedom of speech, one of the highest execution rates in the world, refusal to admit Tiananmen ever really happened, the gutting of American manufacturing, the illegal status of Chinese unions, a massive military buildup set to challenge NATO down the road, arguably the worst environmental record on the planet, torture,...... yeah that's a real tough choice for me and a wonderful example of "Han" rationalization from you. Collect your CPC bonus recently?

And seeing as you mentioned Cambodia let's not forget China's propping up of the Khmer Rouge genocide machine (only 2 million dead there), its continued propping up of wonderful little bastions of joy like North Korea, its attack on the UN Forces in Korea (this after the west had saved its a** from Japan just five years prior)... its 'ask-no-questions-human-rights-be-damned economic policies in Africa, Burma, etc., and just for fun its 1979 invasion of Vietnam (in which China was promptly handed its a*s on a platter by the Vietnamese) and if you want to talk about things to "live down" how about the Cultural Revolution" (talk about a people in full-on Lemming Mode!) or Mao's Famine (43 million dead). Oh dear, seems you put your foot in your mouth on that one.
post #162 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I just love how the free housing market turned out without regulations.

The housing crash happened BECAUSE of interference in the housing market. People who could not afford housing were given loose credit by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, flush with money and a directive from the federal government to get people into houses... Which was obviously a very bad idea. Every time a free market is interfered with, or the forces of competition are blocked, the results are catastrophic.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #163 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The housing crash happened BECAUSE of interference in the housing market. People who could not afford housing were given loose credit by banks flush with money and a directive from the federal government to get people into houses... Which was obviously a very bad idea.

Uh oh...trying to convince a liberal they are wrong with facts and common sense.

What are you thinking?
post #164 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

Uh oh...trying to convince a liberal they are wrong with facts and common sense.

What are you thinking?

I've met my share of intelligent self-identifying liberals. I don't blame the politics, I blame the individual because the information is all out there and it's the way it's interpreted that has gotten people into trouble.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #165 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I've met my share of intelligent self-identifying liberals. I don't blame the politics, I blame the individual because the information is all out there, but it's the way it's interpreted that gets people in trouble.

True. In all honesty I didn't mean to imply liberals are unintelligent. Simply that opinions like the one shared are often based more on emotion and not often swayed by facts.

Though it was mostly just a joke that could probably be said by liberals of conservatives (of course I'd disagree but perspective is everything).
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple highlights creation of 514,000 jobs in America