or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Live blog from Apple's 'iPad 3' media event in San Francisco

Live blog from Apple's 'iPad 3' media event in San Francisco - Page 2

post #41 of 61
New one in 1080p for the same price... $99
post #42 of 61
Movies in iTunes are already showing "720p HD" instead of just "HD."
post #43 of 61
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

- 1.2Ghz dual core using many features of Cortex-A15.
- Quad-core GPU

Nice prediction.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #45 of 61
Macobserver feed is working well too
http://liveblog.macobserver.com
post #46 of 61
4x the graphics performance and 4x the pixels. So in theory it should run apps at the same rate in Retina that the iPad 2 does at 1024. And if a game stays at 1024 it should fly.
post #47 of 61
That clinches the LTE iPhone, then.

post #48 of 61
There is LTE in my city. My iPad 3 will have faster internet than my DSL bound Mac. Crazy. It's going to be so futuristic using this thing.
post #49 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

There is LTE in my city. My iPad 3 will have faster internet than my DSL bound Mac. Crazy. It's going to be so futuristic using this thing.

***IMPORTANT: This is a message from your carrier. You are approaching your monthly bandwidth limit. Please slow your use for the remaining [25] day(s) of the month, otherwise you will be throttled. Do not reply to this message.***

Futuristic, huh.

And separate devices for LTE across carriers. Screw that to the depths.

post #50 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

***IMPORTANT: This is a message from your carrier. You are approaching your monthly bandwidth limit. Please slow your use for the remaining [25] day(s) of the month, otherwise you will be throttled. Do not reply to this message.***

Futuristic, huh.

And separate devices for LTE. Screw that to the depths.

Yes, datacaps could ruin everything.
post #51 of 61
Available March 16th
post #52 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

The question is - how long will the 'live feed' last before it crashes?

Just crashed
post #53 of 61
All! Ai, MR, cNet etc. Overwellming access?
post #54 of 61
It is useless for sheep to pass laws outlawing carnivorism when the wolf is of a different mind.
It is useless for sheep to pass laws outlawing carnivorism when the wolf is of a different mind.
post #55 of 61
Thanks for the live feed. Worked fine here in Sydney. Maybe coz I remember dial up, it seemed OK to me.
post #56 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure hope not.

So is this the death of OMT? Steve, we need you back..
post #57 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmsley View Post

So is this the death of OMT? Steve, we need you back..

I would imagine so. The iPhone 4S event had one because Steve probably expected to be well enough to still do it.

post #58 of 61
The Apple store was up for a few seconds, then right back down again. I got as far as hitting the preorder button for the new iPad
post #59 of 61
Interesting that they do not have a new name for it. Simply the new iPad
post #60 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I think it's time for Siri to migrate to other devices, they have had a chance to iron out the bugs by now. Maybe it will just be the new Apple TV, but I hope it is older devices too.

Well you were more wrong than I expected. I just assumed the new iPad would have full Siri (like everyone else)...and it doesn't. Looks like they are keeping that exclusive to the iPhone 4S.
post #61 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

I just assumed the new iPad would have full Siri (like everyone else)

I never assumed that. Not once. Half the models don't have a pervasive data connection; Siri would have been foolish.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Live blog from Apple's 'iPad 3' media event in San Francisco