or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple announces new iPad with 3.1M-pixel Retina Display, 4G LTE, voice dictation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple announces new iPad with 3.1M-pixel Retina Display, 4G LTE, voice dictation - Page 8

post #281 of 442
Just ordered mine... Took forever to get through.
post #282 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

The New iPad.

Stunning.

Lemon Bon Bon.

Care to elaborate?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #283 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I was comparing the S4 to Nvidia Tegra3 not Apples A5x, please read my post again.


I understood what you were saying. I was just hoping apple went with the S4.

BTW Ti doesnt make the S4. Qualcomm does. Ti makes omap
post #284 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

Like I said earlier, Apple could be lowballing the WiFi benchmark. 10 hrs appears to be one of those magic numbers to Apple, and they may not want to over advertise the number (ie, quote a 15 hr number) to protect their future products.

And like I said earlier, if the WiF battery performance testing shows it is indeed 10 hours, than Apple is using an LTE radio with the same power draw as HSPA radios today and it is either the A5x or the display causing the increased power draw.

I however am skeptical about this. It seems like a very poor design choice to use a display or a SoC that is almost 2x the power draw.

Then I'm glad you're not designing systems for Apple. By adding less than a millimeter to the thickness and an ounce to the weight, they were able to get the same battery life while doubling resolution and roughly doubling performance. That seems like a reasonable tradeoff to me.

As for the rest, do you have any evidence that Apple low-balled the WiFI performance? For that matter, can you provide any reasonable justification (your silly speculation doesn't count) as to why they'd want to rate their battery life far lower than it's capable of?

There are two possible scenarios:

1. As you suggest, Apple is lying about its WiFi battery life and intentionally making its tablet look worse than it is (and worse than possible competitor's tablets) just so that they can pretend that LTE doesn't draw much power.

or

2. You don't know what you're talking about and Apple's figures are accurate - which means that LTE isn't drawing all that much power.

The latter is far, far, far more likely.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #285 of 442
This just in...

Microsoft announces that they will rename Windows 8 to "the new Windows"

Google announces that Gmail will be renamed "the new Gmail beta"

Apple has applied for a copyright on the phrase "the new"

Proview Technologies released a statement saying "We trademarked the name "the new IPad" and Apple cannot use it."

post #286 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

iPad

<snip>

Where other tablets are.

...this was great use of white space.
post #287 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

I understood what you were saying. I was just hoping apple went with the S4.

BTW Ti doesnt make the S4. Qualcomm does. Ti makes omap

Yes, yes your right f**k I'm usually better then that, dope! Yeah the S4 is pretty incredible.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #288 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Aren't you an Apple shareholder? Did you ever look at the 10-K?

“(Apple) recognizes revenue when persuasive evidence of an arrangement exists, delivery has occurred, the sales price is fixed or determinable, and collection is probable. Product is considered delivered to the customer once it has been shipped and title and risk of loss have been transferred. For most of (Apple)’s product sales, these criteria are met at the time the product is shipped."

Very nice. Thanks.

But as people have repeatedly pointed out, you do have a slight comprehension issue. What Apple says is that: (i) Four specific criteria have to be met for a transaction to be booked as "sales"; (ii) In Apple's experience - understandable, given how popular its products are, how high its quality is, how satisfied its customers are, and possibly how few are returned, compared to say, a Samsung - these four criteria are met most of the time at the time of of shipping; (iii) Returns would count against criterion #4, so they cannot be counted as "sales." (iv) Their definition of "sales" would therefore be net of returns (regardless of who returned them, whether a retailer or an end-user).

This is not the same same as saying "most of time shipping equals sales". Can you spot the difference? (Hint: That's the type of conflation that a Samsung or low-quality tech journalist might use in using the word "shipped").

If you wish to continue to be obtuse about this, that's your wont.
post #289 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizwarrior View Post

Just the usual heavy hands of apple fanboys that cannot take dissension I will move along rather than point out the disappointments ......

Thank you for sharing. We value your opinion.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showpost

01-27-2010

"You are just going to have an ipad paperweight in a couple of years just like I had a newton paperweight after two years! This has Newton debacle written all over it! Very underwhelming hardware!"
post #290 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

I guess the iPad name will now forever be "the new iPad". Year after year, the processor will improve, as well as the storage capacity, but the product is now finalized. It will be a Killer ...

But whatcha gonna call this new iPad when the next new iPad comes out next year, the old new iPad?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #291 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I, for one, think they're simply taking my side to end the argument once and for all. No one wants a 6th gen iPhone named 'iPhone 5'. That's just idiocy.

And if you're gonna hide text on this site, truly HIDE the text!

No One?

Please don't pretend to speak for everyone on here. I would be very happy with an iPhone 5.
post #292 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

But whatcha gonna call this new iPad when the next new iPad comes out next year, the old new iPad?

The iPad.

Just like Apple doesn't advertise version numbers on the iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Pro, iPod, and so on.

When they do need to distinguish between versions, they either use the formal version number (iMac 5.1) or the date (MacBook Pro early 2011).

This simply brings the iPad more in line with their traditional practice.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #293 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Yes, yes your right f**k I'm usually better then that, dope! Yeah the S4 is pretty incredible.

One of the coolest features is on thei pro model, each cpu can run at different speeds. So the OS can assign say one cpu to run at 400 MHZ for your Twitter and Facebook background processs and then another 400 or 800 or whatever is needed to updating your apps and have the remaining CPUs running at their full 1.5 GHZ to play Shadowgun. Android unfortunately is needed as its a true multitasking OS. Which is okay by me as I really like the Android 4.03. It's so much more powerful then iOS but Apple has all the cool apps so I won't be moving completely to Android anytime soon.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #294 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxMacCary View Post

Seconded.

*yawnsville*

/cranks up "Wonderful Woman" by The Smiths

May I ask what you were expecting and what you are currently using for your tablet needs?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #295 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And if you're gonna hide text on this site, truly HIDE the text!

I had forgotten to record the colour but I knew you'd remind me.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #296 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

No One?

Please don't pretend to speak for everyone on here. I would be very happy with an iPhone 5.

... and I don't give a shit if they call it the iPhone 1.

So, no, not everyone...
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #297 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The iPad.

Just like Apple doesn't advertise version numbers on the iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Pro, iPod, and so on.

When they do need to distinguish between versions, they either use the formal version number (iMac 5.1) or the date (MacBook Pro early 2011).

This simply brings the iPad more in line with their traditional practice.

I think they'll start using 2nd gen, 3rd gen etc.
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #298 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Thank you for sharing. We value your opinion.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showpost

01-27-2010

"You are just going to have an ipad paperweight in a couple of years just like I had a newton paperweight after two years! This has Newton debacle written all over it! Very underwhelming hardware!"

Hey I still have my Newton, loved that little guy. Let's find this guy and kick his ass. Can I just watch thow I'm only 5,5 and I'm a girl but I totally would be cheering.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #299 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Very nice. Thanks.

But as people have repeatedly pointed out, you do have a slight comprehension issue.
If you wish to continue to be obtuse about this, that's your wont.

"For MOST of Apple's product sales these are met when the product is shipped" shouldn't be difficult for you to understand.

I'll make it easier for you.

-The majority of the time Apple recognizes the sale occurred, with each of those criteria met, when the product is shipped.

Or perhaps this is more to your liking:
-In general Apple registers a sale when the product is shipped since in most cases those four criteria were met before shipping occurred.
If either one is incorrect, please don't hesitate to tell me specifically in what way.

If those are OK, then by extension my original comment that "Apple says that in most instances shipped equals sold" would also be correct. I think you're just arguing to be disagreeable. There was nothing at all inaccurate in my original statement.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #300 of 442
It's kind of strange that this thread isn't into its 20th page by now, last year a thread like this was bursting from its seems.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #301 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Yea really, no its really just their mobile stuff that is closed tighter then a dolphins button. I have never seen such a closed OS and ecosystem that did so well, Microsoft is defiantly jealous.


I thought Microsoft's XBox was doing pretty well as the only hardware/software "ecosystem" they currently sell the others (Zune, Kin) being a string of failures.

So how "open" is the XBox ecosystem?
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #302 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It's kind of strange that this thread isn't into its 20th page by now, last year a thread like this was bursting from its seems.

What? You mean like:

"Seems like a good deal!"

"Seems to have the same ram."

"Seems to still have the home button."

etc.

(just giving you a hard time)
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #303 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Care to elaborate?

His comment was by one word longer than his nickname sig, lemon Bon Bon indeed.
post #304 of 442
Massive upgrade I got what I wanted; Retina/LTE/5m camera with 4s lenses/quad core GPU & dual core A5 clock higher/1g Ram

Massive battery for that insane display, and it has the same battery live at the same price.


WOW!!!

Android tablets are dead this year again and win8 tablets have a monster to compete against without the apps that iPad has...
post #305 of 442
So the new IPad has 6 cores total, or is it a quad core with 2 cores for CPU and additional 2 cores for the GPU?
post #306 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by storretti View Post

So the new IPad has 6 cores total, or is it a quad core with 2 cores for CPU and additional 2 cores for the GPU?

You measure cores per component type. 2 cores for the CPU, 4 cores for the GPU. The Apple TV presumably has 1 core for the CPU and 4 cores for the GPU. The baseband processor for the cellular iPad could have more than one core, and there are plenty of other components that be described as having a single core.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #307 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

What? You mean like:

"Seems like a good deal!"

"Seems to have the same ram."

"Seems to still have the home button."

etc.

(just giving you a hard time)

Haha, I kiiiiiiiiiilllll you. Yeah I guess it's better when there is more substance in a post.

All kidding aside I'm getting this weird vibe that people aren't all that excited about this release. Has Apple become victim of its own success? Is this just another day at the office, yaya a new iPad, wow cool, what's on TV tonight honey. No doubt they'll sale a butt load of these things but I think it's time for a an extreme makeover for iOS. Something a bit revolutionary and not evolutionary, the hardware is defiantly there, maybe its time to move away from the oversized phone OS and come out with something that pops.

Anybody else think the same way, is iOS getting a little long in the tooth, a little on the boring side.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #308 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You measure cores per component type. 2 cores for the CPU, 4 cores for the GPU. The Apple TV presumably has 1 core for the CPU and 4 cores for the GPU. The baseband processor for the cellular iPad could have more than one core, and there are plenty of other components that be described as having a single core.

So it has 6 cores total for processing, granted, different types of processing, but processing none the less. Sign me up, I haven't gotten an IPad yet, but I will get this one. Just need to try to convince the boss, I mean wife.
post #309 of 442
Really nice update!

I pity the ignorant beings and the whiners who refuse to recognize greatness. These are probably the same people that called the original iPad a flop or a toy. And as usual, these people will have been proven wrong, as they always are.

Apple is going to sell a shitload of these! It will break all previous records.
post #310 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

There's no beef with anyone, particularly Apple. I'd be fine with 9hrs (no plans upping my 2 anytime soon). Once again for the 8th or so time now my point is, hoping SOMEONE (Qualcomm?) finds a better way to optimize the darn LTE thing. I mean at 42.5w you're at near laptop battery size now.

You missed one important point. The WiFi only iPad get 10 hours of battery life, which is the same as the WiFi only iPad 2. The ratio still the same. iPad 2 gets 10:9 and the new iPad gets 10:9 (WiFi:WiFi+3G/4G). This means one thing. The increase in battery size went toward the Retina display and CPU not the LTE. If that was not true then you would get much more than 10 hours for the WiFi since the battery.
post #311 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAdOwXPR View Post

Massive upgrade I got what I wanted; Retina/LTE/5m camera with 4s lenses/quad core GPU & dual core A5 clock higher/1g Ram

Massive battery for that insane display, and it has the same battery live at the same price.


WOW!!!

Android tablets are dead this year again and win8 tablets have a monster to compete against without the apps that iPad has...

Actually the ram issue is still up in the air 512mb or1gb. As far as Android tablets being dead this year well I highly doubt it, Samsung is rumored to be releasing a 2500 x 1600 super OMLED display in the second quarter. The new Qualcomm S4 pros are extremely fast CPUs and waste the Nvidia Tegra3 which means it will most likely give the A5x a run for its money and well Android 4.03 is a much better tablet OS then iOS. Windows 8, sucks really bad right now. It's running two desktops in one. Ridiculously nerve racking when your bouncing back and forth from Metro to Cassic. Metro Arm on a tablet that might be different story we'll just have to wait and see.

Android tablets, they've just began to come out with some really great ones, checkout what Asus is doing, Prime 2 700T with 1920x1080 rez, sure not as a great as Apple's offering but the keyboard docking station has another battery in it for a total of 16 hours. The new Padphone, it's a phone that turns into a tablet, a tablet that turns into a laptop, how cool is that. It's only March baby, Apple only releases one tablet a year there is plenty of time for Android tablet to play catchup.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #312 of 442
Honest question.

We have a Nintendo Wii. and the 2 boys each have an iPad 1 64 GB WiFi...

I have an iPad 2 WiFI+3G 64 GB.

I just ordered a iPad 3 and plan on handing down my iPad 2 to my 13-year-old grandson who is into gaming...

So far we are able to buy lots of games & apps and share them among the 5 iPads in use in our household.


Now, the 13-year-old is saving to buy a PS 3.

I looked on Amazon and it appears he will probably need to spend over $300 to get a usable multi-player system.

Then, the better games cost $40-$60 each....

Is there that much difference in the PS and the iPad 2?

What about the potential of the iPad 3 for gaming?

I would prefer to help him buy an iPad 3, if possible -- so he could take advantage of our current game apps... and hopefully any iPad 3-specific game apps will cost less than the PS 3 apps.

Are the PS 3 games that much better -- enough to justify the cost difference?

We have a little time (his birthday is in November, and he's not much of a saver)...

Should I wait and see for iPad 3 games... or just go with the flow?

TIA

Dick
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #313 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It's only March baby, Apple only releases one tablet a year there is plenty of time for Android tablet to play catchup.

Baloney. Android tablets are complete garbage. Android is some crappy Java OS, in which lots of things are laggy and junky. Android is built upon a shitty foundation and it doesn't really matter what hardware specs they have. No matter how much somebody polishes a turd, you'll still end up with a turd in the end.

It's always the same story with Fandroids, just wait until the next version, blah, blah, blah.

I remember Fandroids talking about how some tegra chip was going to destroy the iPad 2 GPU last year, and guess what, when the benchmarks came, the iPad 2 wiped the floor with those other tablets.

Most Android tablets are also 16:9, complete garbage for a tablet. 3:4 is much better suited for a tablet.
post #314 of 442
So this iPad will be forever known as the iPad (3rd generation). It really is just a big iPod Touch
Shut up and go away, you useless, pathetic FUDmonger - Tallest Skil
Reply
Shut up and go away, you useless, pathetic FUDmonger - Tallest Skil
Reply
post #315 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Honest question.

We have a Nintendo Wii. and the 2 boys each have an iPad 1 64 GB WiFi...

I have an iPad 2 WiFI+3G 64 GB.

I just ordered a iPad 3 and plan on handing down my iPad 2 to my 13-year-old grandson who is into gaming...

So far we are able to buy lots of games & apps and share them among the 5 iPads in use in our household.


Now, the 13-year-old is saving to buy a PS 3.

I looked on Amazon and it appears he will probably need to spend over $300 to get a usable multi-player system.

Then, the better games cost $40-$60 each....

Is there that much difference in the PS and the iPad 2?

What about the potential of the iPad 3 for gaming?

I would prefer to help him buy an iPad 3, if possible -- so he could take advantage of our current game apps... and hopefully any iPad 3-specific game apps will cost less than the PS 3 apps.

Are the PS 3 games that much better -- enough to justify the cost difference?

We have a little time (his birthday is in November, and he's not much of a saver)...

Should I wait and see for iPad 3 games... or just go with the flow?

TIA

Dick

Well if any child is saving money to buy a toy the he or she really wants then.... I have a 13 year old daughter and a 11 year old son. My son would say Playstation before you would have ended your question. My daughter on the other hand would probably want the iPad 3, well not probably she defiantly wants one but she's also into computers like her Daddy any myself. You have to ask yourself how often does he use the iPad, if you see him like my daughter go everywhere with it then you have your answer but if he sits in front of the WII more then go for the Playstation. It's not just the graphics that make the Sony appealing but also the online gaming that his friends probably also proticpate in. In fact this could be the driving force behind him saving up for it. When he's at school his friends probably discuss the previous nights conquest on Modern Combat 3 and he feels a bit left out.

Next time you have a moment with him just ask the question, how good is the online multilayer on the Playstation and if he mentions his friends are on it all the time and say it's great then well you have your answer regarding the Playstation.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #316 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

[Should I wait and see for iPad 3 games... or just go with the flow?

Wait and see.

Disclaimer: I'm no fan of Sony.

The PS3 really isn't eh you know, it's just not

Why help the followers? Why condone their copying?

It's 2006. E3. The PS3 has been advertised with a boomerang controller. The thing is completely and utterly unusable. You can't hold it. A month prior, Nintendo released the images of the Wii controller and how it would be used to control the system. So what does Sony do? Goes back to the identical controller from the PS2, but puts motion sensing in it. And then mocks Nintendo for their "weird control scheme". Cut to 2010, the PS3 has terrible sales and they make the PlayStation Move (those two colored wands that are obviously stolen directly from the Nintendo Wii idea.

Sony is the Micro-Google of gaming consoles. Nintendo's the Apple.

As for its use as a console, I never read anything about people using it for games. They say it's a good Blu-ray player, but that's it. It's loud, it's a huge power hog, and there's the "PS3 has no games" vibe.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #317 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Haha, I kiiiiiiiiiilllll you. Yeah I guess it's better when there is more substance in a post.

All kidding aside I'm getting this weird vibe that people aren't all that excited about this release. Has Apple become victim of its own success? Is this just another day at the office, yaya a new iPad, wow cool, what's on TV tonight honey. No doubt they'll sale a butt load of these things but I think it's time for a an extreme makeover for iOS. Something a bit revolutionary and not evolutionary, the hardware is defiantly there, maybe its time to move away from the oversized phone OS and come out with something that pops.

Anybody else think the same way, is iOS getting a little long in the tooth, a little on the boring side.

I ve been saying this over the past few months and getting heat from the usual apologist suspects, anyone who thinks a tablet in 2012 should look like the iPhone did 5 years ago seriously lacks in vision to say the least... Sadly instead of ios growing so far what we VE seen is os x been cross pollinated by ios interface garbage that make no sense on the Mac. Let's see if federichi and Scott I can never spell his surname right Forestahl have any real vision in them to move apple forward. To me os x mountain lion is a sorry mess of ios and os x (rip os x as we knew it btw) elements, let's see if at 6.0 for iOS they bring some serious proposition to the table for at least the iPad...but I am afraid just by psychologising Forestahl by the way he behaves and looks like in keynotes that in terms of design flair he just doesn't have it in him. Steve should have spinned off some radical bleeding edge part of apple with Ivy as head, and let Cook and co go on selling iOS toys and bastardized os x macs which have come to look so alike that you wonder sculley is still CEO and signed some cloning deal again with run of the mill manufacturers...
post #318 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Actually the ram issue is still up in the air 512mb or1gb. As far as Android tablets being dead this year well I highly doubt it, Samsung is rumored to be releasing a 2500 x 1600 super OMLED display in the second quarter. The new Qualcomm S4 pros are extremely fast CPUs and waste the Nvidia Tegra3 which means it will most likely give the A5x a run for its money and well Android 4.03 is a much better tablet OS then iOS. Windows 8, sucks really bad right now. It's running two desktops in one. Ridiculously nerve racking when your bouncing back and forth from Metro to Cassic. Metro Arm on a tablet that might be different story we'll just have to wait and see.

Android tablets, they've just began to come out with some really great ones, checkout what Asus is doing, Prime 2 700T with 1920x1080 rez, sure not as a great as Apple's offering but the keyboard docking station has another battery in it for a total of 16 hours. The new Padphone, it's a phone that turns into a tablet, a tablet that turns into a laptop, how cool is that. It's only March baby, Apple only releases one tablet a year there is plenty of time for Android tablet to play catchup.

In what way is Android 4.0.3 better than iOS?

What tablet-specific apps are available for Android 4.0.3?

Case in point: Avid Studio Movie Editing app is available on the iPad for $5...

While I suspect there are Android tablets with better cameras, more RAM, faster CPUs/GPUs, more cores... AFAIK Avid Studio is not available on any Android Tablet running any Android OS...

Why?

What good are better hardware specs and a better OS (your words) if there are no apps to exploit them?


BTW, I wouldn't be too sure that Apple will continue to release only one tablet per year -- I suspect that's why the latest iteration is called the iPad... The iMac often has several releases per year.

I suspect Apple would have gone with more robust parts (CPU, LTE, etc.) if these were available in large enough quantities to satisfy projected sales of 60-100 million units this year.

As newer, cost-effective, more-efficient, more-powerful chips converge on the scene -- I wouldn't be too surprised if Apple released another iPad... The key here, is that the technology that Apple delivers has to include some deliverables (apps, solutions, etc.) that satisfy or create a need -- or set the bar for the next stage of the post-pc era.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #319 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

That's dictation without Siri??

Better. Because I could use one less female voice backtalking to me

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #320 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Baloney. Android tablets are complete garbage. Android is some crappy Java OS, in which lots of things are laggy and junky. Android is built upon a shitty foundation and it doesn't really matter what hardware specs they have. No matter how much somebody polishes a turd, you'll still end up with a turd in the end.

It's always the same story with Fandroids, just wait until the next version, blah, blah, blah.

I remember Fandroids talking about how some tegra chip was going to destroy the iPad 2 GPU last year, and guess what, when the benchmarks came, the iPad 2 wiped the floor with those other tablets.

Most Android tablets are also 16:9, complete garbage for a tablet. 3:4 is much better suited for a tablet.

I'm sorry but do you own a Android tablet that runs version 4.03. Have you extensively played with it. I really don't think you know what you are talking about. Android is much better suited as a tablet OS then iOS will ever be. Now I like my iPad2 but just for the apps not the OS.

I have a Asus Slider and out of the box before even touching the market for software, it included one year of Asus Webstorage unlimited storage free. Not only was this service available two years before iCloud but the services available puts iCloud to shame. The tablet was able to play every conceivable codec including Divx without buying a app. It came with DLNA player that perfectly plays movies on my TV. It came with a great office package again without having to pay for a app. It had a real filemanger where I could back up the entire drive onto a miniSD, to the cloud or my server. I can connect to any windows or Linux network without buying a app. It has a terminal with which alowd me to further modify and install a LAMP server onto it. It has true multitasking meaning all apps run in the background not just the ones that have To be told to. It's open source software I can make changes, which I have. Listen I can go on and on.

It's obvious that you are just talking out of your ass and have no idea about the true power of Android 4.03.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple announces new iPad with 3.1M-pixel Retina Display, 4G LTE, voice dictation
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple announces new iPad with 3.1M-pixel Retina Display, 4G LTE, voice dictation